Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham City Roll call 12:33 - Feb 13 with 8656 viewsRblock_James

If we can't beat this lot in a half empty stadium, we really are in the shit.

2 from here.

Birmingham City Roll call on 16:21 - Feb 13 with 7250 viewsslranger40

Just made the call to go as Under 16's are £1 - so 2 from here.

Whats the best way to get there from New Street? Or is it just a walk (2 miles) or Bus?
Birmingham City Roll call on 16:29 - Feb 13 with 7230 viewsstowmarketrange

Two from Stowmarket.Tickets @£20 & £1 mean it's too good to miss.
My last visit there in the late 70's resulted in me and my mate being run all over town trying to avoid a beating from some local chavs.We were in the big terrace behind the goal and discovered that most of our fans were in the seats behind the goal at the other end.

Has much changed?
Birmingham City Roll call on 16:33 - Feb 13 with 7219 viewsShotKneesHoop

We really are in the shit.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Birmingham City Roll call on 16:43 - Feb 13 with 7203 viewsShotKneesHoop

Birmingham City Roll call on 16:21 - Feb 13 by slranger40

Just made the call to go as Under 16's are £1 - so 2 from here.

Whats the best way to get there from New Street? Or is it just a walk (2 miles) or Bus?

Walk from New Street to Moor Street station - follow the signs - it's a five minute walk at the most. Then train it from Moor Street to Bordesley - which is a couple of stops on the suburban Brum line - then it's a two minute walk to the ground. Piece of Hit and Miss.

Book a train ticket direct - it probably won't cost any more.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Birmingham City Roll call on 17:45 - Feb 13 with 7129 viewsslranger40

Birmingham City Roll call on 16:43 - Feb 13 by ShotKneesHoop

Walk from New Street to Moor Street station - follow the signs - it's a five minute walk at the most. Then train it from Moor Street to Bordesley - which is a couple of stops on the suburban Brum line - then it's a two minute walk to the ground. Piece of Hit and Miss.

Book a train ticket direct - it probably won't cost any more.

thanks. Perfect.
Birmingham City Roll call on 18:26 - Feb 13 with 7080 viewsNorthernr

3 from here. quite fancy us. sick.
Birmingham City Roll call on 18:45 - Feb 13 with 7047 viewsqprphil

It's quite simple really, 3pts. No more mucking around feeling hard done by.
Birmingham City Roll call on 19:20 - Feb 13 with 7012 viewsShotKneesHoop

Birmingham City Roll call on 18:45 - Feb 13 by qprphil

It's quite simple really, 3pts. No more mucking around feeling hard done by.

Or we really are in the shit.

Login to get fewer ads

Birmingham City Roll call on 20:13 - Feb 13 with 6956 viewsCliff

I meeting my son who is a student at Loughborough Uni, so that's two of us.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2017 15:57]
Birmingham City Roll call on 01:54 - Feb 14 with 6836 viewsBoston

Birmingham City Roll call on 16:29 - Feb 13 by stowmarketrange

My last visit there in the late 70's resulted in me and my mate being run all over town trying to avoid a beating from some local chavs.We were in the big terrace behind the goal and discovered that most of our fans were in the seats behind the goal at the other end.

Has much changed?

Sounds pretty much what happened to us a few seasons beforehand. Copped on the bus from New Street, kept an eye on us until we we entered the ground, followed by 45 mins of swapping punches, getting gobbed on, canned etc etc etc, much to the amusement of the local constabulary who's idea of crowd control was the occasional "there now" or 'shut up". Then of course we f...ing scored.....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Birmingham City Roll call on 18:02 - Feb 15 with 6663 viewslosethedrum

Birmingham City Roll call on 16:29 - Feb 13 by stowmarketrange

Has much changed?

Was that the 2-1 defeat circa new years day 1979 ? we were in the seats in the old railway end , clive allen equalised & Archie Gemmil smashed the winner in a full one minute later. Dont remember many fellow Rangers in that stand to be honest .
Birmingham City Roll call on 23:09 - Feb 15 with 6541 viewsstowmarketrange

Birmingham City Roll call on 18:02 - Feb 15 by losethedrum

Was that the 2-1 defeat circa new years day 1979 ? we were in the seats in the old railway end , clive allen equalised & Archie Gemmil smashed the winner in a full one minute later. Dont remember many fellow Rangers in that stand to be honest .

It was October 1977,and it was a Tuesday night,butwe did lose 2-1 still.
Birmingham City Roll call on 23:34 - Feb 15 with 6523 viewswombat

Birmingham City Roll call on 23:09 - Feb 15 by stowmarketrange

It was October 1977,and it was a Tuesday night,butwe did lose 2-1 still.

3 from Harefield going
What year was it Gregory rounded the keeper got the ball on the line and stopped beckoning the Birmingham players to stop him scoring ? Might have been the same game waddick broke his leg in ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Birmingham City Roll call on 14:36 - Feb 16 with 6419 viewslosethedrum

Birmingham City Roll call on 23:34 - Feb 15 by wombat

3 from Harefield going
What year was it Gregory rounded the keeper got the ball on the line and stopped beckoning the Birmingham players to stop him scoring ? Might have been the same game waddick broke his leg in ?

That was 1984 stood on the corner terrace on the tilton road end that year , we only had 500 or so there , must have been because of the threat of trouble as we fetched around 2 thousand up to notts county around the same springtime .
Birmingham City Roll call on 14:48 - Feb 16 with 6400 viewstraininvain

Three of us going. Just wondering how we'll manage to fcuk it up this week. Early red card maybe?
Birmingham City Roll call on 17:38 - Feb 16 with 6340 viewsRangersw12

I see we have sold over 1400 tickets which is cracking support
Birmingham City Roll call on 18:21 - Feb 16 with 6311 viewsBrixtonR

Birmingham City Roll call on 14:36 - Feb 16 by losethedrum

That was 1984 stood on the corner terrace on the tilton road end that year , we only had 500 or so there , must have been because of the threat of trouble as we fetched around 2 thousand up to notts county around the same springtime .

Yeah the 2-0 when Waddock got injured :-(. I thought we had bit more than 500 maybe 800-1000 but your right it was loads less than Notts County and especially Stoke around the same time. I remember it was pretty hot in the corner in the sun but if you stood under the roof in the shade it was quite cold so pretty much every one was in the corner. I don't think their was any trouble that day from what I remember our lot were actually just chatting to some of the Brum lads in the seats in the bottom right hand corner and enjoying the sunshine most of the game.

The only other time I've been up there was the 2-0 when Ravel scored so a good ground for me at least.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2017 18:23]
Birmingham City Roll call on 20:27 - Feb 16 with 6239 viewsBoston

We had some diabolical turn outs during the 70's, Birmingham away was one of the worst. The game where myself and my small troop had a sticky experience was either '75 or '76, if I could remember the final score it might help, but the day was so fuggin hairy I only seem to recall my relief at getting back to town in reasonable condition. It was a Saturday, we met up at Euston, a couple of the Grove came drifting through, saw how few of us there were and went home, or Stamford Bridge. We stood in the end, the Brummies main noise makers were up on the side but they had mob on the terrace where we were as well and, as mentioned, they knew we were there. When Rangers scored I spotted another small group jumping in the same end as us, far up and on the corner where the terrace swung around to a seated stand, we made a swift departure in their direction. Thankfully, when we got to them, we discovered a handy bunch of older(!) blokes 25 -35 and the grief makers who'd been giving us a tough time sort of faded away. Aside from my small troop and the lads we bumped into, I couldn't see any other Rangers in the ground(and there must have been some, somewhere), that had about 50 of us with virtually no Old Bill on an open terrace! Football problems raised its ugly head again at New Street on the journey back and if a group of West Ham on their way home hadn't have teamed up with us.....
Then you'd go to Derby, Bristol, Ipswich, even Wolves two weeks later and there'd be hundreds / thousands of us.
Birmingham, definitely not a popular venue for the R's, little wary of the Peeky Freens and I'm not taking the biscuit.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2017 20:42]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Birmingham City Roll call on 11:44 - Feb 17 with 6144 viewsDWQPR

Two of us going from MK. First time I ever went to St Andrews was for a New Years Day match in 1980. First time that I ever went on a supporters coach. The weather between Christmas and New Year was atrocious with plenty of snow and temperatures remained sub-zero, with reports that I think it was Shrewsbury hitting new record lows -17c or something. We arrived at LR and was fully expecting the game would be cancelled as the footballing schedule for that day had already been decimated. On the journey up Radio 2 was on, (now Radio 5), constantly reporting further cancellations, but St Andrews was never mentioned. We were herded into the corner of the ground, with the old stand that is still there to our right. Christ it was cold, the coldest I have ever been at a football match, even a cup of tea only stayed relatively warm for a few minutes. Both sides were close to the top of Division Two that season after both suffering relegation the previous season. The pitch was white with frost and will always remember Gordon Hill playing in tights, every player also seemed to be wearing trainers. Birmingham scored early on and near the half hour mark Rangers equalised, which more than anything gave us an excuse to jump up and down waiving our arms and creating a bit of warmth from within. However, before we had even settled down again Archie Gemmill let one fly from 30 yards right into the top corner and that was it. Lost 2-1. Trooped back to the coach absolutely frozen and will always remember that my feet only seemed to have some feeling once we turned the corner back into SAR.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Birmingham City Roll call on 11:51 - Feb 17 with 6134 viewsrobith

Got a decent squad, my first away day of the season. Already put the call into M&S in Euston to make sure they have plenty of pina coladas.

Any ideas on pubs - I've always loved the old man Irish boozers in Digbeth, but it's always been non league games I've gone to see in that part of the world, so worried about their proximity to the ground
Birmingham City Roll call on 12:26 - Feb 17 with 6112 viewsmakaveli1882

Birmingham City Roll call on 11:51 - Feb 17 by robith

Got a decent squad, my first away day of the season. Already put the call into M&S in Euston to make sure they have plenty of pina coladas.

Any ideas on pubs - I've always loved the old man Irish boozers in Digbeth, but it's always been non league games I've gone to see in that part of the world, so worried about their proximity to the ground

Hennessey's Bar, 30-31 Allison St, Digbeth, Birmingham B5 5TJ
Birmingham City Roll call on 12:32 - Feb 17 with 6096 viewspaulparker

Birmingham City Roll call on 23:34 - Feb 15 by wombat

3 from Harefield going

was that the home game when we beat them 3-1 ? they had seamen in goal for them
and I think ian dawes scored a screamer
im pretty sure the Waddock injury was home to Sheff Wed

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Birmingham City Roll call on 12:40 - Feb 17 with 6082 viewsKonk

Birmingham City Roll call on 11:51 - Feb 17 by robith

I've been in the Anchor loads of times and we've never had any bother at all. We don't wear colours, but it's been obvious we're Fulham. Didn't drink in their this year, and it's no longer run by the same family, but should be a safe bet for a decent pint; always had a good selection of ales, continentals and the odd craft beer. Otherwise, the Spotted Dog is a decent shout too. Neither open before 12pm, though.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Birmingham City Roll call on 00:09 - Feb 18 with 5942 viewsDannyPaddox

My first out of towner this season. (Brighton South London by the Sea doesn't count). Last at St.Andrews New Year's Day 1980. The coldest I've ever been. Lost 2-1. The first day of that shit decade defined the decade. I remember a Brum crew with a dude in a homburg Ranking Rogeresque hat blatantly skanking around the fringes of the away end. Love The Beat by the way.

Got a feeling we'll score 4 tomorrow.

Birmingham City Roll call on 07:00 - Feb 18 with 5900 viewsPommyhoop

Birmingham City Roll call on 12:40 - Feb 17 by Konk

I've been in the Anchor loads of times and we've never had any bother at all. We don't wear colours, but it's been obvious we're Fulham. Didn't drink in their this year, and it's no longer run by the same family, but should be a safe bet for a decent pint; always had a good selection of ales, continentals and the odd craft beer. Otherwise, the Spotted Dog is a decent shout too. Neither open before 12pm, though.

I've been in the Anchor loads of times and we've never had any bother at all. We don't wear colours, but it's been obvious we're Fulham.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024