Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" 14:10 - Jul 18 with 24526 viewsLunarJetman

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-boss-ian-hollowa

FFP?
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 17:20 - Jul 18 with 3420 viewsBlackCrowe

I've got a bad juju about this season

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 17:27 - Jul 18 with 3391 viewsPunteR

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 17:15 - Jul 18 by Toast_R

They cant spend money even if they wanted to due to FFP.
Stadium is years away, a long road to go down even for billionaires. Securing a site is a huge task.
The training ground has been held back by review after appeal after review due to busy bodies getting involved. Hopefully the majority of the bull sh't has been ironed out now.
I agree 5hough the club are going nowhere for the next few seasons and I think things will continue to get worse before they get better.

So whats the plan then?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 17:31 - Jul 18 with 3378 viewsdaveB

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 17:27 - Jul 18 by PunteR

So whats the plan then?

plan is to sign players who can be developed, improve them and sell them on for a profit, do the same with the academy and produce players try at build a good side that way. It's not impossible to do this but is difficult especially in a league where every year 3 clubs coming down have a massive financial advantage.
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 17:31 - Jul 18 with 3378 viewsbaz_qpr

I'd hazard a guess that this is not the historical FFP but the current one. We seem to be operating under embargo rules.

When you look at the rules we had to make a combined max loss of 61m including the premier league season. Given we lost that much in the Prem in that season in order to abide by the rules we would have had to make a profit in the last two championship seasons

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

So we are one in one out until March 2018 at which point the rolling 3 years will be the first season back in the championship where we were compliant
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 17:38 - Jul 18 with 3364 viewsDWQPR

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 17:31 - Jul 18 by baz_qpr

I'd hazard a guess that this is not the historical FFP but the current one. We seem to be operating under embargo rules.

When you look at the rules we had to make a combined max loss of 61m including the premier league season. Given we lost that much in the Prem in that season in order to abide by the rules we would have had to make a profit in the last two championship seasons

So we are one in one out until March 2018 at which point the rolling 3 years will be the first season back in the championship where we were compliant

You may have hit the nail on the head, I suspect that behind the scenes there has been an agreement reached with the FL whereby we operate under embargo rules and talk of a fine will quietly wither away. However, it does stick in my throat that the likes of Wolves and Derby seem to be sticking two fingers up at FFP. Especially Wolves, £15million on one player, who by all accounts will be paid £2million a year and I suspect that Wolves gate receipts and other revenue, excluding TV hasn't been that much different to ours.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 17:40 - Jul 18 with 3345 viewsNorthernr

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 17:38 - Jul 18 by DWQPR

You may have hit the nail on the head, I suspect that behind the scenes there has been an agreement reached with the FL whereby we operate under embargo rules and talk of a fine will quietly wither away. However, it does stick in my throat that the likes of Wolves and Derby seem to be sticking two fingers up at FFP. Especially Wolves, £15million on one player, who by all accounts will be paid £2million a year and I suspect that Wolves gate receipts and other revenue, excluding TV hasn't been that much different to ours.

Wolves have a bigger stadium, bigger gates, a stadium that can be used during the week for other stuff, their own training ground, don't pay London rates - we rent two training grounds in West London atm remember. All of that.

But they're gambling. If they don't get promoted then in 18 months time they'll be under embargoes and the like. QPR, Leicester and Bournemouth did similar gambles and got promoted, Forest and Blackburn did them and didn't and ended up under an embargo having to sell their whole squads off.
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 17:41 - Jul 18 with 3339 viewssimmo

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 17:15 - Jul 18 by Toast_R

They cant spend money even if they wanted to due to FFP.
Stadium is years away, a long road to go down even for billionaires. Securing a site is a huge task.
The training ground has been held back by review after appeal after review due to busy bodies getting involved. Hopefully the majority of the bull sh't has been ironed out now.
I agree 5hough the club are going nowhere for the next few seasons and I think things will continue to get worse before they get better.

"I think things will continue to get worse before they get better."

I am genuinely OK with that though. In the last 5 odd years we've had success but it's come at the cost of parts of our soul, we had to become a club most people hate rather than everyones 2nd team. Warnock season apart, but even that was deep into the Briatore bespoke fckin dressing gown era.

So what if we get shit again for a bit while we address things, it's what we deserve for reckless money splurging and 5 year mega million pound deals for cnts. It's a bit of a culture shock for those that were getting used to the PL version of QPR but if this takes us back to prioritising the true values of QPR as a community, family club that promotes youth, buys honest pros, goes on the odd good run and occasionally bloodies the nose of the bigger boys - then I can stick a few years of shit results and relegation battles.

Of course at 5pm most Saturdays I will be angry and frustrated and it will affect me through the week, just like it always does. But bigger picture we could in 2-3 years be financially stable (as much as we can be anyway), have a new training ground, have a team of players made up of decent youth players and cheap buys we're polishing up and finally able to punch our weight on merit rather than the bankroll of twáts.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 18:06 - Jul 18 with 3245 viewsHayesender

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 18:27 - Jul 18 with 3191 viewsrichranger

Important quote in the piece is this from Holloway "At the minute we can’t do what our owners would love us to do. We’re not allowed to do it at the moment." - in other words, the owners want to spend money - but we can't due to FFP
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 18:39 - Jul 18 with 3157 viewsRangersw12

This could be good news it might actually make us coach the players we already have rather than just signing more players for the sake of it
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:49 - Jul 18 with 3122 viewsHoopsarrr

All for us operating on a reduced budget. Greater emphasis on youth required.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2017 18:50]
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 18:58 - Jul 18 with 3095 viewsmarkrtid

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 14:26 - Jul 18 by CliveWilsonSaid

Never a fcking dull moment is there!

Its like Holloway never left for garden duty and I have been having a Patrick Duffy moment. Or LSD.
(No subject) on 19:16 - Jul 18 with 3039 viewsQPR_John

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 18:27 - Jul 18 by richranger

Important quote in the piece is this from Holloway "At the minute we can’t do what our owners would love us to do. We’re not allowed to do it at the moment." - in other words, the owners want to spend money - but we can't due to FFP

I need other words FFP stipulates that unless you have at least a 30000 stadium you can no longer compete in the long term

Edited In other words FFP stipulates that unless you have at least a 30000 stadium you can no longer compete in the long term

Why does the spelling checker on here change In to I need????????
[Post edited 18 Jul 2017 19:23]
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 19:32 - Jul 18 with 3005 viewsDorse

And, we've run out of coffee

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 20:07 - Jul 18 with 2936 viewsconnell10

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 17:41 - Jul 18 by simmo

"I think things will continue to get worse before they get better."

I am genuinely OK with that though. In the last 5 odd years we've had success but it's come at the cost of parts of our soul, we had to become a club most people hate rather than everyones 2nd team. Warnock season apart, but even that was deep into the Briatore bespoke fckin dressing gown era.

So what if we get shit again for a bit while we address things, it's what we deserve for reckless money splurging and 5 year mega million pound deals for cnts. It's a bit of a culture shock for those that were getting used to the PL version of QPR but if this takes us back to prioritising the true values of QPR as a community, family club that promotes youth, buys honest pros, goes on the odd good run and occasionally bloodies the nose of the bigger boys - then I can stick a few years of shit results and relegation battles.

Of course at 5pm most Saturdays I will be angry and frustrated and it will affect me through the week, just like it always does. But bigger picture we could in 2-3 years be financially stable (as much as we can be anyway), have a new training ground, have a team of players made up of decent youth players and cheap buys we're polishing up and finally able to punch our weight on merit rather than the bankroll of twáts.

That's all fair and good mate and I agree with most of it but the trouble is we are gonna be paying top dollar to watch shite for the foreseeable future and I can see a lot of fans just jacking it in !

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

(No subject) on 20:27 - Jul 18 with 2872 viewscolinallcars

(No subject) on 19:16 - Jul 18 by QPR_John

I need other words FFP stipulates that unless you have at least a 30000 stadium you can no longer compete in the long term

Edited In other words FFP stipulates that unless you have at least a 30000 stadium you can no longer compete in the long term

Why does the spelling checker on here change In to I need????????
[Post edited 18 Jul 2017 19:23]

Don't use the spell checker then
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 20:30 - Jul 18 with 2861 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 20:07 - Jul 18 by connell10

That's all fair and good mate and I agree with most of it but the trouble is we are gonna be paying top dollar to watch shite for the foreseeable future and I can see a lot of fans just jacking it in !

Can we not play a few games first, before we all give up on them? Or maybe even one?

You might be right, we may lose a few hundred fans but there's not really anything that anyone can do about it.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 20:32 - Jul 18 with 2853 viewsdaveB

We passed FFP for the last financial year
(No subject) on 20:34 - Jul 18 with 2845 viewsQPR_John

(No subject) on 20:27 - Jul 18 by colinallcars

My not using the spell checker does not answer the question though does it
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 20:34 - Jul 18 with 2845 viewsdaveB

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 18:27 - Jul 18 by richranger

can't over spend and go for it under FFP and we shouldn't either. It's never worked for us before so why do it again
(No subject) on 20:50 - Jul 18 with 2791 viewsmarkrtid

(No subject) on 20:27 - Jul 18 by colinallcars

Is there a spellcheker Colon?
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 20:54 - Jul 18 with 2777 viewsTGRRRSSS

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 17:40 - Jul 18 by Northernr

Wolves have a bigger stadium, bigger gates, a stadium that can be used during the week for other stuff, their own training ground, don't pay London rates - we rent two training grounds in West London atm remember. All of that.

But they're gambling. If they don't get promoted then in 18 months time they'll be under embargoes and the like. QPR, Leicester and Bournemouth did similar gambles and got promoted, Forest and Blackburn did them and didn't and ended up under an embargo having to sell their whole squads off.

Holding a few business seminars on a wet Tuesday in March isnt going to come anywhere near covering the costs they are spending.

It's a massive gamble.

They do have a bigger ground agreed, but not sure thats going to cover the kind of spending they are up to.

How much will Remy cost if he joins? Including signing on fee could be £3m at least.

He's not going to Wolverhampton cos it's fun!
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 20:57 - Jul 18 with 2765 viewsDejR_vu

He must know that the fanbase is waiting on the FFP decision. He must also know that we can see quite clearly that we have been trying to operate within the current FFP framework. So why say "the fans might not know that" if it's about the current FFP regulations? Even he's not that daft, surely?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 21:11 - Jul 18 with 2721 viewsLythamR

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 20:57 - Jul 18 by DejR_vu

He must know that the fanbase is waiting on the FFP decision. He must also know that we can see quite clearly that we have been trying to operate within the current FFP framework. So why say "the fans might not know that" if it's about the current FFP regulations? Even he's not that daft, surely?

I dont think Holloway is addressing the generally "eyes wide open" supporters on here. IF you go on the facebook groups and twitter there are plenty of delusional fans on there that somehow think we can and should be spunking money up the wall on top dollar signings. I think his comments are aimed in that direction.

As for FFP ruling, I dont see how that can be kept secret shurly the main point of any punishment is to act as a deterrent, bit pointless if punishments are never revealed.

Also if the owners really really wanted to get passed FFP couldnt they simply gift money to the club?
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 21:15 - Jul 18 with 2702 viewsessextaxiboy

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 20:07 - Jul 18 by connell10

Jack it in when they need us the most then come crawling back when we " get good " again ? ..fck that
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024