Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We really are a bunch of whiners 07:42 - Sep 13 with 6666 viewsTonto

Just came back from 2-0 down yet there are threads slagging off;

Bidwell
Robinson
pavel
The entire midfield

Many many people who post on here need to get a grip...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

We really are a bunch of whiners on 11:58 - Sep 13 with 1793 viewsDorse

We really are a bunch of whiners on 08:25 - Sep 13 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought last night was hugely enjoyable.

My only worry last night on the match fred was that by bringing on Sylla and Smith we were agreeing to play the game on their terms. I was wrong. Someone made an astute point on here last night when they state that by bringing the big two on it dropped the Millwall defensive line back into the box (plus they used a sub to bring another giant centre-back on dropping them deeper again. This allowed Luongo, Freeman, Pawel and Scowen constant possession right on the edge of the Millwall box. When I thought about it, I knew that the poster was 100% right.

I can't imagine any other tactic that would have guaranteed us more possession or more shots. We were incredibly unlucky not to score a hatful.

Overall, I thought it was a positive night.

Just thought this needed reading again.

I would have been in the 'Oh No We're Going Route One' brigade seeing those subs and I would definitely have missed the point. Sometimes, I feel that maybe I don't know as much about football as I think. Maybe.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

We really are a bunch of whiners on 14:11 - Sep 13 with 1699 viewsozranger

I'm going to make one post here and be quiet from now on. Too many times have I noted some incorrect remark, whether in truth or as I see it, and wanted to post but then, based on the reactions of the few, have chosen to hold my tongue. I am sure that there are many others out there who have had the same feeling.

According to Wikipedia: "Forums prefer a premise of open and free discussions." Is LFW not that? That is, if someone has an opinion, they should be allowed to make it, whether to chide the club, the team or a player or to give them the gratitude they deserve. Forums are there to allow someone to put forward their point of view of what they saw, not what they are being told they saw. Unfortunately, controversial topics lead to posts often worded aimed at someone's point of view and through that the discussion goes off on a tangent, at least for a few. The way I see it, over the past little while, is that there is less of the former and more of the latter.

There are certainly a few who post a lot and it is becoming quite evident that they are, though without forethought and I hope not malice, swaying the views of others. This illusory propaganda is harmful to the way a forum should be. So, if someone has a point to make, don't attack them for making that point. Instead, make a valid and constructive counterpoint. That's it from me.
We really are a bunch of whiners on 14:21 - Sep 13 with 1685 viewsMatch82

We really are a bunch of whiners on 14:11 - Sep 13 by ozranger

I'm going to make one post here and be quiet from now on. Too many times have I noted some incorrect remark, whether in truth or as I see it, and wanted to post but then, based on the reactions of the few, have chosen to hold my tongue. I am sure that there are many others out there who have had the same feeling.

According to Wikipedia: "Forums prefer a premise of open and free discussions." Is LFW not that? That is, if someone has an opinion, they should be allowed to make it, whether to chide the club, the team or a player or to give them the gratitude they deserve. Forums are there to allow someone to put forward their point of view of what they saw, not what they are being told they saw. Unfortunately, controversial topics lead to posts often worded aimed at someone's point of view and through that the discussion goes off on a tangent, at least for a few. The way I see it, over the past little while, is that there is less of the former and more of the latter.

There are certainly a few who post a lot and it is becoming quite evident that they are, though without forethought and I hope not malice, swaying the views of others. This illusory propaganda is harmful to the way a forum should be. So, if someone has a point to make, don't attack them for making that point. Instead, make a valid and constructive counterpoint. That's it from me.

In all honesty I think some people find this a useful outlet for venting their negativity, and I'm sure (some of) those same people would be much more balanced if you met them in person for a beer. So it's probably actually a good thing, rather have people take out their negativity using a keyboard than in person. But it does have the annoying side effect of winding up anybody coming on here expecting to read considered, balanced takes on the game, or club in general.

Luckily we have some excellent posters on here who make the visit worthwhile and provide a level of insight and tactical nuance that I can only dream of having myself.
We really are a bunch of whiners on 14:30 - Sep 13 with 1668 viewsNW5Hoop

It was a really enjoyable game, but let's not pretend it was proof of anything. We would have lost against 11 men, probably. We barely tested their keeper when it was 11 v 11. To say those things isn't whining. It's great that they came back from 2-0 down, genuinely, but it wasn't like we were playing PSG.
We really are a bunch of whiners on 14:36 - Sep 13 with 1660 viewsessextaxiboy

We really are a bunch of whiners on 14:30 - Sep 13 by NW5Hoop

It was a really enjoyable game, but let's not pretend it was proof of anything. We would have lost against 11 men, probably. We barely tested their keeper when it was 11 v 11. To say those things isn't whining. It's great that they came back from 2-0 down, genuinely, but it wasn't like we were playing PSG.

I dont think playing against 10 when you are behind is much easier , they get 8 outfielders behind the ball and sit deep and close together .

If they have to come out its easier and thats when teams run up big scores .

We battered them for 40 mins and was half a crossbar away from winning
We really are a bunch of whiners on 15:51 - Sep 13 with 1583 viewsnix

We really are a bunch of whiners on 14:21 - Sep 13 by Match82

In all honesty I think some people find this a useful outlet for venting their negativity, and I'm sure (some of) those same people would be much more balanced if you met them in person for a beer. So it's probably actually a good thing, rather have people take out their negativity using a keyboard than in person. But it does have the annoying side effect of winding up anybody coming on here expecting to read considered, balanced takes on the game, or club in general.

Luckily we have some excellent posters on here who make the visit worthwhile and provide a level of insight and tactical nuance that I can only dream of having myself.

I'd agree if it was always the case that the negativity was expressed if we'd had a string of terrible performances, or if there was one player who was shirking. But when the standard dips for one match or if a player has one poor game, as Lua Lua did when his dad had just died, and you hear the guy next to you shout to pull your socks up you useless, c***, I can't find it in me to believe it has any positive effect. I also think that that negativity is contagious.

I don't want to shut people down from expressing their views but if they turn themselves into pretzels trying to find the negatives in a generally positive performance, I can't help but doubt their motives as being goady arses rather than people genuinely expressing frustrations.
We really are a bunch of whiners on 16:47 - Sep 13 with 1543 viewsPinnerPaul

We really are a bunch of whiners on 10:58 - Sep 13 by stevec

Exactly.

Can't believe someone called out Millwall for being negative. FFS, they ran us ragged in the first half, no hoofball I was expecting, they just kept on exploiting our weaknesses. When they went down to 10 they sat back, what else do you expect?!

It's not whinging to point out they were the better side last night, it's just fact.

Better side up to the sending off you mean.
We really are a bunch of whiners on 17:01 - Sep 13 with 1526 viewsrobith

We really are a bunch of whiners on 10:58 - Sep 13 by stevec

Exactly.

Can't believe someone called out Millwall for being negative. FFS, they ran us ragged in the first half, no hoofball I was expecting, they just kept on exploiting our weaknesses. When they went down to 10 they sat back, what else do you expect?!

It's not whinging to point out they were the better side last night, it's just fact.

I stand by it. They went too defensive too early. With 30 minutes ago they started playing like it was injury time, when the final five of the first half showed they really struggled when put under pressure around their box. Foolish to play that compact and abdicate playing higher up the field keeping the ball away from danger
Login to get fewer ads

We really are a bunch of whiners on 18:12 - Sep 13 with 1488 viewsloneranger1

Coming into this late but Thanks Tonto for opening a more positive thread on hear after last night. I couldn't believe some of the negativity about certain players.

I thought we all knew it would be a tough, feisty game and as has been pointed out many times above, we'd have lost that game last year and we don't exactly have our first choice defence at the moment - especially after ht, when we missed Onouha's organisation, I felt (e.g. second goal).

Mwall may have bossed first half but we persistd with playing some nice stuff. Don't remember ever being that entertained last season.

We'll have easier games agead at HQ I'm sure.

Anyway, COYRs!!!!!
We really are a bunch of whiners on 19:24 - Sep 13 with 1436 viewsPunteR

We really are a bunch of whiners on 18:12 - Sep 13 by loneranger1

Coming into this late but Thanks Tonto for opening a more positive thread on hear after last night. I couldn't believe some of the negativity about certain players.

I thought we all knew it would be a tough, feisty game and as has been pointed out many times above, we'd have lost that game last year and we don't exactly have our first choice defence at the moment - especially after ht, when we missed Onouha's organisation, I felt (e.g. second goal).

Mwall may have bossed first half but we persistd with playing some nice stuff. Don't remember ever being that entertained last season.

We'll have easier games agead at HQ I'm sure.

Anyway, COYRs!!!!!

Who'd a thought it ?.. Tonto and loneranger agreeing with each other...

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

We really are a bunch of whiners on 02:57 - Sep 15 with 1272 viewstimcocking

No, there are not people slagging off those players.

There are just a few fcukwits. They'd slag off Pele.

Everybody on here realises they are all decent enough players doing their best, and we're doing pretty well. Just try to ignore it. Deep breaths and all that.
We really are a bunch of whiners on 06:26 - Sep 15 with 1240 viewsHitch

I love how we are going this season, team work and guts. Ignore the idiots they will always be there.
We really are a bunch of whiners on 10:27 - Sep 15 with 1169 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Sounded a good game in the end!

The opposition came and executed a well thought out game plan and rattled us. But instead of just hoofing it long and/or buckling, we battled back with good football and were unlucky not to nick the three points.

It sounds from more reliable/realistic/sensible sources, that Olly has addressed a lot of what we were raising as concerns, got them playing well and battling with a bit of pride. Elements that haven't been present since Warnock's time. In the circumstances, get behind it and as hard as it is for some, try to enjoy it FFS!!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

We really are a bunch of whiners on 10:40 - Sep 15 with 1156 viewspaulparker

Didn't go on Tuesday night but went Saturday, where I thought we were very good and should have had six, its turning around slowly our midfield is improved , bidwell has improved slightly , freemenan has been unplayable at times and scowen and Luango compliment each other well and we seem to have a bit more grit in the team all round ,
ive been to 3 games this year, Reading, Ipswich and Brentford and bar the calamitous defensive display against the Bees ive been a lot more impressed with us than last year
if we can get midtable I would snap your hand off now , its all about small steps
but our home form and performances deserve the fans to get behind the team more

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

We really are a bunch of whiners on 10:47 - Sep 15 with 1146 viewsfrancisbowles

We really are a bunch of whiners on 10:27 - Sep 15 by PlanetHonneywood

Sounded a good game in the end!

The opposition came and executed a well thought out game plan and rattled us. But instead of just hoofing it long and/or buckling, we battled back with good football and were unlucky not to nick the three points.

It sounds from more reliable/realistic/sensible sources, that Olly has addressed a lot of what we were raising as concerns, got them playing well and battling with a bit of pride. Elements that haven't been present since Warnock's time. In the circumstances, get behind it and as hard as it is for some, try to enjoy it FFS!!!

Yes it was and we were slightly disappointed not to get a win but at the same time delighted to have preserved the unbeaten start at home.

The thing is though, as much as we knew it would be hard, Neil Harris is not really exaggerating when he says they could have been 4 or 5 up at half time. Smithies kept us in it, as even with Ned we were stuggling every time they attacked and the conditions and referee weren't helping.

We caught a break with the red card and then once we sorted ourselves out, we got on top, albeit there was still a danger as we were a open and physically outfought at the back on a few occasions.

The key now is how much have we learnt and can we shore up the defence somehow, starting tomorrow.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024