Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. 06:28 - Dec 20 with 6932 viewsLadbrokeR

A pal of mine said this a while back partly in jest what do you think ?
Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 07:10 - Dec 20 with 5310 viewseghamranger

What team was he on about?

Think Swansea and Birmingham will definitely go next year
Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 07:49 - Dec 20 with 5256 viewsLblock

When LatticeR said this I cannot recall if he was referring to Bungle finally sending us bust a la Caterham or if it was indeed in jest

The worst possible outcome is of course the end of the club

However relegation could in fact be another step towards this
Do I think we’ll drop? Undecided but with players coming back to fitness now Ollie has lost that excuse for poor form

We have four or five players who would start for most top 10 sides, they are either being played out of position, unfit or not in key positions ie not one of those is a striker. Those players need to be augumented by the rest playing out of their skins (as per Wolves / Chef Utd) or added to in the key area up front and/or more pace.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 09:00 - Dec 20 with 5148 viewsLatticeR

Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 07:49 - Dec 20 by Lblock

When LatticeR said this I cannot recall if he was referring to Bungle finally sending us bust a la Caterham or if it was indeed in jest

The worst possible outcome is of course the end of the club

However relegation could in fact be another step towards this
Do I think we’ll drop? Undecided but with players coming back to fitness now Ollie has lost that excuse for poor form

We have four or five players who would start for most top 10 sides, they are either being played out of position, unfit or not in key positions ie not one of those is a striker. Those players need to be augumented by the rest playing out of their skins (as per Wolves / Chef Utd) or added to in the key area up front and/or more pace.

Now lets get all the information out in the open rather than Ladbroke's mischievous take on my statement..
My comment was made in relation to whether we would rebuild a new,dynamic and strong squad if some of the less than able players we have were not attracted by Division 1 and decided to pursue their careers elsewhere.The context to this was how well Sheff utd did last and this season plus the fantastic job Tony Mowbary has achieved at Blackburn following years of mismanagement by the chicken farmers.Wigan haven't done to badly either...
I would not gladly accept relegation but if we were ever to get relegated from the championship this would be not the worst time for it to happen with 9 players out of contract in May including some of our biggest earners.
However as Lblock states following saturday we are in a better place and personally if we stay out of the bottom 3 I can see Ollie remaining until May, after that I hope the club has a number of strong alternative candidates in mind as I wouldn't want Ollie or the Chuckle Brothers being in the dug out next season or instrumental in recruiting players who are with the club for the next 2/3 years.
Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 09:39 - Dec 20 with 5072 viewscolinallcars

If the likes of Blackburn get promoted then the League 1 would look quite weak. Not entirely dissimilar to the old third Division South that we competed in when I started supporting the Rangers but with a few northern clubs added in.

I don't think it would be the end of the world to be in that league, plus there'd be no Sky or international breaks to contend with.
Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 09:42 - Dec 20 with 5068 viewsCamberleyR

Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 09:00 - Dec 20 by LatticeR

Now lets get all the information out in the open rather than Ladbroke's mischievous take on my statement..
My comment was made in relation to whether we would rebuild a new,dynamic and strong squad if some of the less than able players we have were not attracted by Division 1 and decided to pursue their careers elsewhere.The context to this was how well Sheff utd did last and this season plus the fantastic job Tony Mowbary has achieved at Blackburn following years of mismanagement by the chicken farmers.Wigan haven't done to badly either...
I would not gladly accept relegation but if we were ever to get relegated from the championship this would be not the worst time for it to happen with 9 players out of contract in May including some of our biggest earners.
However as Lblock states following saturday we are in a better place and personally if we stay out of the bottom 3 I can see Ollie remaining until May, after that I hope the club has a number of strong alternative candidates in mind as I wouldn't want Ollie or the Chuckle Brothers being in the dug out next season or instrumental in recruiting players who are with the club for the next 2/3 years.

I don't think Sheffield Utd is a good example. They were relegated the season we were champions and it is only since the appointment of Wilder last year they started getting their act together having gone through Danny Wilson, David Weir, Nigel Clough and Nigel Adkins who all failed to promote them after six seasons in the wilderness, most with them probably as hot favourites for promotion.

Yes there are teams that have gone straight back up from that level like Southampton, Norwich, Wolves, Wigan (although they came straight down again) and it wouldn't be a given we would do the same. We did take three seasons getting back the last time we dropped to the third tier.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 10:32 - Dec 20 with 4996 viewsjohnhoop

This is beginning to look a bit like those posts that started appearing when we looked like being relegated from the Premier League the last time we went down. Along the lines of “wouldn’t be so bad to spend a few seasons in the Championship would it? Win as many as we lose in a more competitive league without all the bullish-t of the Premier League and regular games on a Saturday afternoon.”
Well it hasn’t quite worked out like that and although I think we’d do very well in the League below if we had the side we had now I don’t believe for one moment that we’d be able to keep it together. By the time Smithies, Onouha(sp?),Robinson,Luongo,Scowen and Freeman had been cherry picked by our new superiors in the Championship we’d be struggling in that division as well. Staying up this season is something that has to be an absolute priority.
Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 10:39 - Dec 20 with 4995 viewsAddinall

Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 09:39 - Dec 20 by colinallcars

If the likes of Blackburn get promoted then the League 1 would look quite weak. Not entirely dissimilar to the old third Division South that we competed in when I started supporting the Rangers but with a few northern clubs added in.

I don't think it would be the end of the world to be in that league, plus there'd be no Sky or international breaks to contend with.

Those of us from the old Third Division (South) era will remember that we did not expect the earth,we were in our natural habitat.Four years in Division Two did not see us perform any miracles and return to our roots.

Like every one else on here I greatly enjoyed our success post 1967 and hope to be around to see us rise again. Wishfull thinking I know but those of us with only post '67 experience would benefit from less complaining and more patience.
Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 11:04 - Dec 20 with 4960 viewspeejaybee

Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 09:39 - Dec 20 by colinallcars

Dont forget Glorious BT Sports

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Login to get fewer ads

Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 11:21 - Dec 20 with 4934 viewsdaveB

Relegation would be a bloody disaster
Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 11:51 - Dec 20 with 4887 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 11:21 - Dec 20 by daveB

Relegation would be a bloody disaster

It really shouldn't be. It's a normal part of football.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 11:58 - Dec 20 with 4869 viewskingsburyR

Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 11:51 - Dec 20 by CliveWilsonSaid

It really shouldn't be. It's a normal part of football.

Well for us anyway!!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 12:35 - Dec 20 with 4818 viewsR_from_afar

Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 09:00 - Dec 20 by LatticeR

"I wouldn't want Ollie or the Chuckle Brothers being in the dug out next season or instrumental in recruiting players who are with the club for the next 2/3 years".

Firstly, Penrice and Les play pivotal roles when it comes to player recruitment.

Secondly, who would you replace "Ollie and the Chuckle Brothers" with? Of the managers who would actually come to QPR...

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 12:43 - Dec 20 with 4788 viewsWestbourneR

It's always around this point that those steadfastly supporting an inadequate manager start to quietly seed the 'relegation wouldn't be so bad'. Some of the posts talk about Ollie still being in charge after it happens! Relegation would be bad but it's also totally avoidable. The squad is more than good enough to stay up.

Holloway is a busted flush, he's not got the clarity of thought or nous to sort it out. He's an old blood and thunder motivational manager totally incapable of structuring the careful rebuilding project we need.

Worse than that, he's going to get us relegated.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 12:47 - Dec 20 with 4782 views1MoreBrightonR

Whenever people say it would be a good thing, there is this huge assumption that we will
1. bounce back up
2. get rid of all our problems.

1. is a huge risk and definitely not guarnateed
2. we are in huge financial trouble and even less income and more uncertainty wont help that.

I've even heard people say tat going out of existence and doing a Wimbledon would be better. What makes us think we will do a wimbledon and not jiust end up as a sunday league team?
Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 13:04 - Dec 20 with 4748 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Entire footballing world to QPR - "enjoy your one season down"
Ray Wilkins to AKUTR's meeting - "we'd beat 90% of the teams if we go down"

This board is throwing a small bit of a silly recently. Every new thread is twisted by posters depending on their views of the current management. This thread could've been an interesting conversation on where our club would stand if we went down - scouting, budget, FFP, morale, atmosphere, fans' enjoyment etc, if it had done I would have discussed the two statements above and weighed them off against all those factors. As it is, there's little point as the conversation's twisted already.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 13:07 - Dec 20 with 4737 viewsmcqpr10

I said the same when we were in the top flight . Hated how inferior we were and how miserable all the away games were. Playing against superior teams, going for nil nils, was awful. Really like the championship, so unpredictable and if you do lose you're never far away from the next game.

That said, the three years under IH which saw the play offs and going up automatically were two of the most exciting seasons I've experienced. Great buzz around the place when winning reguarly no matter what division.

But for me, championship is where it's at.
Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 13:42 - Dec 20 with 4681 viewsNorthernr

As fun as it would be going to some new grounds, it would be a disaster for the club.
We've got a good chance to start climbing our way back up the Championship next year with a proper sized and waged squad. That chance will be missed if we're having to fire sale and sack everybody and everything to get under League One FFP rules.
Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 13:43 - Dec 20 with 4677 viewsSimonJames

We'd probably lose people like Lee Hoos if we were relegated... I don't think that would be a good result.

Also, what's the best you can hope for?
To play really well in Division 1 but avoid getting promoted back to the Championship?

Or are we going to miraculously acquire great new owners and club management, a great new coaching team, and a great new set of players that play as a well-oiled machine under a recognisable and entertaining playing system?
The only one of those that is realistically viable is better coaching, which if we had it right now, would probably see us finish several places higher up the league this season.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 13:55 - Dec 20 with 4652 viewsqprxtc

So, if we get relegated, we're fu*ked. If we stay in the Championship, we're fu*ked. But if we go up, we'd get fu*ked?

This fu*king fu*kers fu*ked.
Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 14:36 - Dec 20 with 4588 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I don't think relegation would be a good thing and we should avoid it as best we can. It's the claims that it will be a disaster and be the end of the club that get me. If that's the case then the disaster has already happened. Whether we get relegated or not will make fck all difference.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 14:59 - Dec 20 with 4550 viewsAshdown_Ranger

What does 'disaster' look like?

Is it loss of face against West London rivals?
Is it not playing 'top' teams?
Is it nostalgia (ie, we USED to be good)?
Is it going into administration?
Is it going bust completely?
Is it dropping out of the Championship, League 1, League 2...?

Who didn't enjoy our years in League 1, getting out of administration, starting the season with only a handful of pros on our books, begging/borrowing/stealing a range of rookie players, old warhorses and freebies before making it back to the Championship?

And who actually enjoyed our last season in the Prem?

Relegation is not be the worst possible outcome to my mind.
Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 15:12 - Dec 20 with 4528 viewsPinnerPaul

Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 12:43 - Dec 20 by WestbourneR

It's always around this point that those steadfastly supporting an inadequate manager start to quietly seed the 'relegation wouldn't be so bad'. Some of the posts talk about Ollie still being in charge after it happens! Relegation would be bad but it's also totally avoidable. The squad is more than good enough to stay up.

Holloway is a busted flush, he's not got the clarity of thought or nous to sort it out. He's an old blood and thunder motivational manager totally incapable of structuring the careful rebuilding project we need.

Worse than that, he's going to get us relegated.

9/1 if you fancy it Westbourne - how much you having on?
Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 15:15 - Dec 20 with 4521 viewsWestbourneR

Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 14:59 - Dec 20 by Ashdown_Ranger

What does 'disaster' look like?

Is it loss of face against West London rivals?
Is it not playing 'top' teams?
Is it nostalgia (ie, we USED to be good)?
Is it going into administration?
Is it going bust completely?
Is it dropping out of the Championship, League 1, League 2...?

Who didn't enjoy our years in League 1, getting out of administration, starting the season with only a handful of pros on our books, begging/borrowing/stealing a range of rookie players, old warhorses and freebies before making it back to the Championship?

And who actually enjoyed our last season in the Prem?

Relegation is not be the worst possible outcome to my mind.

Clearly going bust and totally out of existence would be worse.

But in less exceptional terms relegation is, almost by definition, the worst outcome.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 15:24 - Dec 20 with 4502 viewsNov77

we are all in the gutter but some of us are looking down the drain

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Relegation may not be the worst possible outcome. on 16:00 - Dec 20 with 4436 viewsSimonJames

I think it's worth pointing at this not-quite-halfway-through-the-season-juncture that we are:
- 9 points (based on goal difference) off a relegation spot
- 13 points from a play off spot.
- and only 4 points off the top half of the table

So no need to panic, but also no point in expecting anything other than an uninspiring average season.

100% of people who drink water will die.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024