Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McClaren Agreed Terms? 15:02 - May 9 with 47180 viewsMaggsinho

Appreciate there's already a McClaren thread but, well, you know...

Anyway, according to Laurie Whitwell, Midlands football correspondent of the Mail, McClaren has agreed terms with the club.

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 15:07 - May 10 with 3975 viewsrobith

This leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth imo
McCl donaren Agreed Terms on 15:11 - May 10 with 3898 viewsessextaxiboy

McCl donaren Agreed Terms on 09:13 - May 10 by Hunterhoop

Essex, it's far far worse on FB, twitter, etc.

There's some sense and reasoning on here behind most posts. There's already a chap who said he won't return to LR until we sack McClaren. We're not appointed him yet and he's not managed a game!

Others taking the "Ollie over Brolly" line, but who didn't rate Holloway!

Complaining is very easy basically.

Some don't understand the reality of who we can and cannot attract player and coach wise.

Some don't truly appreciate our financial situation.

Most have no experience of ever having to lead (set the goal, share the vision, decide the strategy, implement, review, etc, etc) so don't understand how Hoos and Ferdinand will be going about things.

IF we replace Holloway with McClaren, we don't know if we'll be better or not. It's all conjecture. I think we will. I quite like the Head Coach/Assistant Coach set up idea of McClaren/Carsley. But even if you think we'll be worse with this, what's to be gained by coating off the decision and new coaching set up before a ball has been kicked?!

Whether we've treated Holloway and Bircham with integrity is an issue no fan really knows. We are not Ferdinand, Hoos, Ollie or Birch. We don't know what's been said to date and we don't know for sure if anything has been formally agreed with McClaren.

For some those nuances are too much so they just complain. It's back of the class BS.

Wait and see. Whatever happens, turn up and support the team next Aug.

I get behind anyone in the Rangers dugout , as with Redknapp sometimes a bit too long . I have renewed my ST . Only the appointment of a certain JT would get me demanding a refund .

I have never been on a FB page except for when someone links to it and it wont let me in . I am embarrassed to read some of the stuff "Rangers Fans" put on there .

I would like Ollie to stay , but its not my call ....
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 15:37 - May 10 with 3575 viewsNov77

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 15:00 - May 10 by LunarJetman

Only on goal difference though mate...

Plus the teams below had games in hand so we were on the slide and all but in the relegation places...

the games in hand didn't do them much good as they went down anyway.
as stated, sheff wed appointed shreeve and had the new manager bounce and got out of it we had the new manager splat and went down.

Ollie's points per game in the 13 games were far worse than what gerry had got up til then

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 15:40 - May 10 with 3527 viewsqueensparker

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 15:37 - May 10 by Nov77

the games in hand didn't do them much good as they went down anyway.
as stated, sheff wed appointed shreeve and had the new manager bounce and got out of it we had the new manager splat and went down.

Ollie's points per game in the 13 games were far worse than what gerry had got up til then

Come on man, don't make this your hill to die on.

That team was absolute gash, complete shite, the worst I've seen at QPR in 40 years by some distance, and not a single person at the time held Holloway in any way to blame for the fact we went down.
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 16:01 - May 10 with 3329 viewsdaveB

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/manager-ian-holloway-departs-qpr/
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 16:04 - May 10 with 3299 viewskropotkin41

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 16:01 - May 10 by daveB

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/manager-ian-holloway-departs-qpr/

Well, this is complete bullsh*t imo. Absolute f*cking bullsh*t.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 16:06 - May 10 with 3280 viewsblacky200

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 16:04 - May 10 by kropotkin41

Well, this is complete bullsh*t imo. Absolute f*cking bullsh*t.

Agreed.
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 16:09 - May 10 with 3246 viewsWestbourneR

Even as someone who has had huge misgivings about Ollie i have to say this is VERY harsh indeed and it feels all wrong, leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I feel ashamed and sad for him, he's laid his heart on the line for Rangers.

Most importantly he'd really turned a corner - I think that he has done incredibly well in the last 3 months bringing through young players and opening up our attacking play. Ever since his finally gave up on three at the back he's found a new groove. We've had some big scores at home.

Let's look the facts - we stayed up with Matt Smith and an injured Sylla up front. That's no mean feat.

BUT my main issue is McLaren is no manager. He's a very good coach. His teams are soft and lack discipline. He is not a leader.

If you sack Ollie then you need a far better plan than Steve McLaren.

Long hanging fruit from Rangers once again.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Login to get fewer ads

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 16:19 - May 10 with 3183 viewsAntti_Heinola

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 16:09 - May 10 by WestbourneR

Even as someone who has had huge misgivings about Ollie i have to say this is VERY harsh indeed and it feels all wrong, leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I feel ashamed and sad for him, he's laid his heart on the line for Rangers.

Most importantly he'd really turned a corner - I think that he has done incredibly well in the last 3 months bringing through young players and opening up our attacking play. Ever since his finally gave up on three at the back he's found a new groove. We've had some big scores at home.

Let's look the facts - we stayed up with Matt Smith and an injured Sylla up front. That's no mean feat.

BUT my main issue is McLaren is no manager. He's a very good coach. His teams are soft and lack discipline. He is not a leader.

If you sack Ollie then you need a far better plan than Steve McLaren.

Long hanging fruit from Rangers once again.

Mate, they made this decision back when we were debating it weeks ago. It's mostly your fault. ;)

Bare bones.

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 16:25 - May 10 with 3156 viewsjohncharles

It's all pretty messy. I can understand the board might want different manager but they could have reached an amicable agreement. Sacked with immediate effect ? More to this than we're being told ?

Strong and stable my arse.

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 16:46 - May 10 with 3077 viewsWestbourneR

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 16:19 - May 10 by Antti_Heinola

Mate, they made this decision back when we were debating it weeks ago. It's mostly your fault. ;)

Haha, COME ON give me a break. We were arguing the toss many months back not weeks ago.

Since we switched to four at the back (by far my main bug bear was the wing backs) I've said on record many times that things have improved markedly. He's also dropped Washington and played talented youngsters.

I said that if we had a strong end to the season then he deserved to stay on.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 16:58 - May 10 with 3020 viewsAntti_Heinola

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 16:46 - May 10 by WestbourneR

Haha, COME ON give me a break. We were arguing the toss many months back not weeks ago.

Since we switched to four at the back (by far my main bug bear was the wing backs) I've said on record many times that things have improved markedly. He's also dropped Washington and played talented youngsters.

yeah, i agree. Once we'd had some really good performances and were safe I felt he deserved to have next season (although personally I suspect he'd have been out by Xmas anyway). But then, in amongst the good stuff, there's still been some utter dross. Back when we debated that, I thought he should go end of the season. Does 5 good games, 5 bad ones change that? I dunno. Genuinely dunno.

Bare bones.

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 17:25 - May 10 with 2952 viewsessextaxiboy

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:37 - May 10 by Nov77

Statto.com seems to be down these days. You used to be able to key in any date and it would show you the league table on that day. Take it from me, I’ve done it, on the day Holloway took over on 26 feb 2001 we were outside the relegation places.

Speaks volumes ....
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 01:30 - May 11 with 2607 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Ten years between Ollie’s first and second stint as manager. In the interim, Wikipedia shows an astonishing number of managerial arrangements were put in place and with Ollie due back as manager in 2026, let’s hope the 22 managers we’ll likely go through will give us the stability we so desperately crave!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 07:27 - May 11 with 2428 viewsdavman

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 16:46 - May 10 by WestbourneR

Ah, yeah, Washington...

New manager is bound to think that they can get the best out of Conor. No doubt he will train well and will encourage the new man that he deserves the chance. Two goals in the first game next season will cement his place in the starting line up and he'll still be getting chances to add to those two goals all the way up to Christmas, at which point the new guy will realise that he's not that good.

Under Ollie, we would have tried to offload Conor and Sylla. I just pray that Sylla is kept on, but Washington sold for whatever we can get.

It's not personal, I like Conor, but he's just not good enough.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 00:10 - May 12 with 2185 viewsTearsofrage

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 17:41 - May 9 by RblockPrior

If this is true I would be gutted, Ollie deserves time and swapping a manager for a coach is a no no for me

100% agree with that. Mclaren decent coach but cannot manage - gone by November.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024