Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McClaren Agreed Terms? 15:02 - May 9 with 48166 viewsMaggsinho

Appreciate there's already a McClaren thread but, well, you know...

Anyway, according to Laurie Whitwell, Midlands football correspondent of the Mail, McClaren has agreed terms with the club.

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:17 - May 10 with 3125 viewsMatch82

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 10:30 - May 10 by Antti_Heinola

There is stability though. Hoos, Ferdinand, Ramsey. These are now pillars of the club working towards a specific goal. Changing the manager these days is not so different from selling a player or two. Hardly anyone sticks with a manager longer than 24 months. Th stability thing is something to desire, but we're actually in a position now, and were last summer and in Jan, where we didn't need to sell 6 and buy 6. That's more stability than we've had since... well, pre-Paladini, certainly. So things are moving in the right direction. And that's not me thinking TF is impeccable at all. He's made a million mistakes. But it's tough. We've argued this before, but it took Levy about a decade to start lining up his ducks, the same to get a training ground, longer to get the new ground (and that's after losing out on his first choice - all stuff that would have got him called Bungle on here) and he's seen as some sort of genius.

we're actually in a position now, and were last summer and in Jan, where we didn't need to sell 6 and buy 6

This is the key point for me. If a new manager, anyone, comes in and they are committed to working with what we have with one or maybe two signings, great. Its been a breath of fresh air to see the January window come and go without huge changes and my fear is that anyone new coming in we would be back to the 6 in 6 out days to get "their players".

I think Holloway has done a good, not great job and personally the upheaval it would create by replacing him isn't worth the long shot of promotion (which let's face it is the point, if we bring someone in to finish 10th then that's technically better than we are now but makes no material difference and I'd say it's likely that Ollie will spend less money than whoever his replacement would be.)
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:19 - May 10 with 3093 viewsqprxtc

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:03 - May 10 by Nov77

Nope, we were outside the bottom three, Sheffield Wednesday were below us, they appointed Peter Shreeve at the same time we appointed Holloway, they stayed up, we went down.

If you remember how utterly sh!te that team was, easily the worst I have seen at Rangers since starting in 1978, I'm amazed he kept us off the bottom.
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:19 - May 10 with 3091 viewsDesertBoot

David McIntyre has just posted on Facebook via WestLondonSport that Olly has been "axed".

Wish I could be like David Watts

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:19 - May 10 with 3076 viewsdaveB

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 13:41 - May 10 by Nov77

He took over in February and no matter how bad we had been that season we were still outside the relegation places.

We had thirteen games left when he took over, of which we won only one and went down.

He was hardly taking over a good side, we actually played pretty well under him that season when he brought in Bignot, Thompson, Darren Ward and Leon Knight. Seems ridiculous to blame him for that
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:21 - May 10 with 3051 viewsSimonJames

I don't think Ollie is capable of getting us into the top 10, let alone the play offs... but I don't see why McClaren is any more capable.
I hope I'm wrong.

100% of people who drink water will die.

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:23 - May 10 with 2995 viewsNov77

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:19 - May 10 by daveB

He was hardly taking over a good side, we actually played pretty well under him that season when he brought in Bignot, Thompson, Darren Ward and Leon Knight. Seems ridiculous to blame him for that

I’m stating a fact, he won 1 game out of the final 13, he has to take SOME responsibility as he was in charge of those games, yes?

If he’d maintained the league position we were in the day he took over we would have stayed up.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:25 - May 10 with 2961 viewsJuzzie

Is Lambert to blame for taking Stoke down?
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:30 - May 10 with 2847 viewsRangersw12

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:19 - May 10 by daveB

Still think if we hadn't thrown that 2 goal lead away at Crewe we would of stayed up
Login to get fewer ads

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:31 - May 10 with 2836 viewswombat

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:25 - May 10 by Juzzie

is hughes responsilbe for keeping southampton up ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:31 - May 10 with 2821 viewsNov77

Stoke were in the relegation places the day he took over, we weren’t the day Holloway did.
Stoke required an improved league position to stay up, we didn’t.

Other than that, good point!

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:32 - May 10 with 2807 viewsBostonR

Watching all of this from the US, whilst President Trump is planning WW3.

Seems harsh on IH given he met the remit, although I was never in his fan-club. At times the football and tactics have been awful this season both home and away, so no surprise the Board are thinking of a change.
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:34 - May 10 with 2775 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Maybe not, but I’d still shake his hand and buy him a pint for not obstructing their descent.

Outstanding from him really, because he could have been tempted into trying to save them. Fair play though, stuck to the plan and he’s delivered.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:35 - May 10 with 2748 viewsRangersw12

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:23 - May 10 by Nov77

I’m stating a fact, he won 1 game out of the final 13, he has to take SOME responsibility as he was in charge of those games, yes?

If he’d maintained the league position we were in the day he took over we would have stayed up.

Can you back up this fact with a table ?
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:37 - May 10 with 2699 viewsNov77

Statto.com seems to be down these days. You used to be able to key in any date and it would show you the league table on that day. Take it from me, I’ve done it, on the day Holloway took over on 26 feb 2001 we were outside the relegation places.

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:43 - May 10 with 2590 viewsCamberleyR

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:35 - May 10 by Rangersw12

Can you back up this fact with a table ?

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-division-1/25-february-2001/

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-division-1/06-may-2001/

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:45 - May 10 with 2556 viewsW7Ranger

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:19 - May 10 by DesertBoot

David McIntyre has just posted on Facebook via WestLondonSport that Olly has been "axed".

From Dave Mc.......'Sorry everyone. Back when I thought a #QPR manager change would happen a week or so later than this, we scheduled a change of server for WLS, which is not ready and has helpfully crashed with the influx of traffic to a Holloway story that simply couldn't be delayed any longer.'
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:47 - May 10 with 2523 viewsqprxtc

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:43 - May 10 by CamberleyR

How the heck fire did Holloway drag us down from that position of safety....
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:48 - May 10 with 2505 viewsRangersw12

Cheers mate

Interetsing that two of the club's are not even in the league now !!
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:48 - May 10 with 2500 viewsAntti_Heinola

pretty damning. Although I don't blame Ollie for that particularly, it was an inevitability that it was going to happen after years of bad mismanagement. That team was in dire straits.
Still, it makes for grim reading. Ollie took 8 points from the remaining 13 games; Hudd took 20 from 15; Shedd wed 19 from 12; Stockport 19 from 12.

Bare bones.

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:52 - May 10 with 2435 viewsW7Ranger

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:47 - May 10 by qprxtc

How the heck fire did Holloway drag us down from that position of safety....

1 place above the drop zone on goal difference.

2 of the 3 teams below us had 2 and 3 games in hand. Hardly "safe"!
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:55 - May 10 with 2370 viewsqprxtc

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:52 - May 10 by W7Ranger

1 place above the drop zone on goal difference.

2 of the 3 teams below us had 2 and 3 games in hand. Hardly "safe"!

Aye, I was using the lowest form of wit :-)
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:58 - May 10 with 2308 viewsW7Ranger

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:55 - May 10 by qprxtc

Aye, I was using the lowest form of wit :-)

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:59 - May 10 with 2304 viewspaulparker

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:37 - May 10 by Nov77

Statto.com seems to be down these days. You used to be able to key in any date and it would show you the league table on that day. Take it from me, I’ve done it, on the day Holloway took over on 26 feb 2001 we were outside the relegation places.

Fcuk the stats , we were absolute shite that season , the facts are there
we lost our 2 best players Carlisle and Langley to long term injury
Maddix was finished
Murray was injured and finished especially with his attitude
Kiwomyas legs had gone
Ludo was old
Breaker above
Steiner was crocked and had to retire
Karl Ready was having personal demons
Wardley and Darlington ere having second season syndrome
Crouch was a young un learning his trade
the dressing room was poisonous
Chris wright left us in the sh1t financially
Admin was coming
Gerry was cracking up

and anything else ive forgotton was the sole purpose we were heading down
we had scrapped out of the bottom 3 when we beat Gillingham and Barnsley when we still had the farcical situation of Gerry still managing after he stepped down
we like Sunderland of today that season but worse

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:59 - May 10 with 2297 viewsdaveB

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:23 - May 10 by Nov77

Some yes but to say he took us down is frankly bollocks, he took over a dreadful side. The blame for that relegation is with Gerry Francis who left the club in an absolute mess that Holloway sorted out.
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 15:00 - May 10 with 2288 viewsLunarJetman

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 14:37 - May 10 by Nov77

Only on goal difference though mate...

Plus the teams below had games in hand so we were on the slide and all but in the relegation places...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024