Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McClaren Agreed Terms? 15:02 - May 9 with 47178 viewsMaggsinho

Appreciate there's already a McClaren thread but, well, you know...

Anyway, according to Laurie Whitwell, Midlands football correspondent of the Mail, McClaren has agreed terms with the club.

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 22:21 - May 9 with 3671 viewsdistortR

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 18:56 - May 9 by Northernr

Ok, written now, fire at will.

didn't you ban brighton and blob for essentially saying just that?
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 22:35 - May 9 with 3557 viewsLblock

“I crave stability”

Bungle 2015, 2016,2017 and 2018

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 22:37 - May 9 with 3545 viewsdistortR

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 22:11 - May 9 by dolcelatte

Don't often agree with Dave McIntyre but he sums up my feelings about IH pretty well..

"Maybe. But you'll never have stability with such a volatile manager, changing his mind every five minutes, likes players then doesn't, slagging all and sundry off, whipping up opposition fans and more. Club has young players who need steady guidance."
[Post edited 10 May 2018 5:55]

Good quote, pretty much sums up my feelings about IH as well. Like the bloke, love his affection for QPR, but don't think he can take us forward. I haven't seen any progression in IH's managerial ability. it's been a mixed bag this season, definitely progress in many areas throughout the club, and as people have already stated, if IH does indeed go, he can do so with his head held high and the respect and affection of most Ranger's fans.

In regards to the board, well, this appears to be a managed succession based, imho, on sound thinking and I applaud it. No sack and panic this time.

edit - Unless he story is complete bollox, of course
[Post edited 9 May 2018 22:40]
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 22:44 - May 9 with 3487 viewsHooparoo

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 22:37 - May 9 by distortR

Good quote, pretty much sums up my feelings about IH as well. Like the bloke, love his affection for QPR, but don't think he can take us forward. I haven't seen any progression in IH's managerial ability. it's been a mixed bag this season, definitely progress in many areas throughout the club, and as people have already stated, if IH does indeed go, he can do so with his head held high and the respect and affection of most Ranger's fans.

In regards to the board, well, this appears to be a managed succession based, imho, on sound thinking and I applaud it. No sack and panic this time.

edit - Unless he story is complete bollox, of course
[Post edited 9 May 2018 22:40]

Agree with most of that and although I feel a bit conflicted about Olly getting shown the door (as we all do) at least it is happening at the right time. McLaren will have the summer to plan for the season and as we already know, he is a good coach so will get a proper pre-season to work with the squad.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 23:46 - May 9 with 3220 viewsPunteR

Ollies done what most on here wanted and what TF and Co wanted.
We didnt go on mad losing runs like last season, we had youth players genuinely breaking through. There wasnt loads of boring 0-0, we scored goals from all over the pitch, notably from midfield where it had been lacking. The players worked hard on the pitch and there seemed to be a good team spirit.
Everybody knows Ollie wears his heart on his sleeve and loves the club. He was brought in to try and get the old rangers back and i felt he was achieving that.
Yes there were a few dodgy patches this season and i think a lot of posters on here that know a thing or two about the club were right to say lets assess at the end of the season.
If we won at leeds i feel the general mood around the place would be better. To finish the season on a defeat and in the manner of the defeat really hasnt helped Ollie and has probably swayed people more in the Ollie out camp.
I had my Ollie out moments during the season and tbh i wasn't sure about him returning in the first place but towards the end of the season there seemed more plus's then negatives. What do i know.?
I actually think Mclaren will be ok here. Give it another year though and we'll probably back to talking about a new manager. Thats football i guess.
I just want to see our club do well.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 00:49 - May 10 with 3150 viewsNov77

Don't often agree with Dave McIntyre but he sums up my feelings about IH pretty well..

"Maybe. But you'll never have stability with such a volatile manager, changing his mind every five minutes, likes players then doesn't, slagging all and sundry off, whipping up opposition fans and more. Club has young players who need steady guidance."

He’s right, remember when Eze made his debut, Ollie was ridiculously comparing him to Stan, the following week he was having a go at him publicly for not running around enough.

Players aren’t going to know where they stand with him. Sylla scores two goals then gets dropped for the next match. It makes no sense and I don’t see other managers doing it.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 01:02 - May 10 with 3134 viewskensalriser

McClaren's recent record doesn't make for great reading. Since leaving the England job ten years ago he's had seven managerial appointments, the longest of which lasted two seasons. Five of those appointments have lasted less than a season. His last ended over a year ago and his most recent gig was coaching at Maccabi Tel Aviv.

On the plus side, with that record he shouldn't be costing more to hire than Holloway.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

McCl donaren Agreed Terms on 01:43 - May 10 with 3084 viewsdigswellhoop

nòooooooooooooooooooo dont like holloway but have him over wally
Login to get fewer ads

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 07:28 - May 10 with 2878 viewsphilosopher

Sad for Ollie, but can see where they're coming from. McClaren would be Head Coach under DoF and Carsley, who seems to have a good record developing younger players, would be an upgrade on Bircham. Timing right. Parts of this sound dangerously sensible.

Hope that kills etc etc
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 08:11 - May 10 with 2775 viewsrsonist

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 23:46 - May 9 by PunteR

Ollies done what most on here wanted and what TF and Co wanted.
We didnt go on mad losing runs like last season, we had youth players genuinely breaking through. There wasnt loads of boring 0-0, we scored goals from all over the pitch, notably from midfield where it had been lacking. The players worked hard on the pitch and there seemed to be a good team spirit.
Everybody knows Ollie wears his heart on his sleeve and loves the club. He was brought in to try and get the old rangers back and i felt he was achieving that.
Yes there were a few dodgy patches this season and i think a lot of posters on here that know a thing or two about the club were right to say lets assess at the end of the season.
If we won at leeds i feel the general mood around the place would be better. To finish the season on a defeat and in the manner of the defeat really hasnt helped Ollie and has probably swayed people more in the Ollie out camp.
I had my Ollie out moments during the season and tbh i wasn't sure about him returning in the first place but towards the end of the season there seemed more plus's then negatives. What do i know.?
I actually think Mclaren will be ok here. Give it another year though and we'll probably back to talking about a new manager. Thats football i guess.
I just want to see our club do well.

"Ollies done what most on here wanted and what TF and Co wanted."

I'd say that this can both be true and that it can also still be the right time to part ways, to attempt to take a bigger step forward. The remit of the job when he was hired and as it is now has changed, precisely because Ollie has succeeded in certain respects and helped lay a foundation that wasn't quite there before.

A technical McLaren type coach would have had a very difficult job immediately after JFH with the discord and spite around the club at the time (hence TF emphasising Ian Taylor's input..). Likewise, if someone else had got us to the position we're in today, would Ollie be your best candidate for the job description now?

You might say Olllie's earned the right to lead this next step - but is there really evidence there that he can change his stripes the way we'd need him to?

I think it is fair to say that the majority of people that want Ollie to stay are motivated not out of faith in progress but out of fear that we will regress. (And I don't entirely disagree).
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 08:18 - May 10 with 2747 viewsrsonist

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 01:02 - May 10 by kensalriser

McClaren's recent record doesn't make for great reading. Since leaving the England job ten years ago he's had seven managerial appointments, the longest of which lasted two seasons. Five of those appointments have lasted less than a season. His last ended over a year ago and his most recent gig was coaching at Maccabi Tel Aviv.

On the plus side, with that record he shouldn't be costing more to hire than Holloway.

Yeah. I think if he did come in I would hope it was made clear to him in no uncertain terms that he is head coach with a specific remit and nothing more (cos he's bollixed everything else up before).

Like I say I'm more positive about the idea hearing that Carsley may be involved - would be good to have a few more young coaches in there too in fact.
McCl donaren Agreed Terms on 08:25 - May 10 with 2715 viewsNorthernr

McCl donaren Agreed Terms on 01:43 - May 10 by digswellhoop

nòooooooooooooooooooo dont like holloway but have him over wally

Oh great, so getting rid of Holloway isn't going to stop you popping up after every defeat slating the club. Joy of joys.
McCl donaren Agreed Terms on 08:30 - May 10 with 2682 viewsNortholt_Rs

McCl donaren Agreed Terms on 08:25 - May 10 by Northernr

Oh great, so getting rid of Holloway isn't going to stop you popping up after every defeat slating the club. Joy of joys.

McLaren Out!!!!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

McCl donaren Agreed Terms on 08:32 - May 10 with 2668 viewsNorthernr

McCl donaren Agreed Terms on 08:30 - May 10 by Northolt_Rs

McLaren Out!!!!!!

This is one of the problems people need to get their head around. You're never going to get a manager that does everything you want. There's always going to be a player left out or a formation change or a substitution you don't like. The atmosphere at the ground has improved immeasurably since the Chris Ramsey era, when frankly we behaved appallingly, but there are still Twitter accounts that exist purely to absolutely coat Holloway off, and they'll be exactly the same with his replacement, and Fernandes reads all of it and is affected by it.
McCl donaren Agreed Terms on 08:36 - May 10 with 2645 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

McCl donaren Agreed Terms on 08:32 - May 10 by Northernr

This is one of the problems people need to get their head around. You're never going to get a manager that does everything you want. There's always going to be a player left out or a formation change or a substitution you don't like. The atmosphere at the ground has improved immeasurably since the Chris Ramsey era, when frankly we behaved appallingly, but there are still Twitter accounts that exist purely to absolutely coat Holloway off, and they'll be exactly the same with his replacement, and Fernandes reads all of it and is affected by it.

This a thousand times.
McCl donaren Agreed Terms on 08:40 - May 10 with 2630 viewsessextaxiboy

McCl donaren Agreed Terms on 08:32 - May 10 by Northernr

There are posters on here that appear an hour before kick off , slate the selection , spend the next 50 mins digging the manager out then depending on how we play continue throughout the game or slink off . If you look through their posting history they havnt posted anything remotely positive all season ...
McCl donaren Agreed Terms on 09:05 - May 10 with 2515 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

McCl donaren Agreed Terms on 08:40 - May 10 by essextaxiboy

There are posters on here that appear an hour before kick off , slate the selection , spend the next 50 mins digging the manager out then depending on how we play continue throughout the game or slink off . If you look through their posting history they havnt posted anything remotely positive all season ...

The thing is (forgetting twitter) my experience at matches is that our fans are mostly behind Holloway. Norwich away last game of last season was a low point. Middle of this season too but on the whole it's been a positive, encouraging atmosphere. A bit quiet sometimes but perhaps that's what's needed. Whether that is solely down to Ian Holloway I doubt. There have been encouraging signs all over the club but all the same it looks like a risky decision (if true) to sack Holloway.

Having said that Steve Mclaren brings a wealth of experience from throughout football and on paper is about the best we can hope for at this point in time. Whether he can do any better than Holloway has done here I don't know.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 09:06 - May 10 with 2496 viewsSydneyRs

McIntyre is usually on the money and clearly has a lot of knowledge about what's going on inside the club. He's said on twitter that a deal with McLaren looks close. He's also been consistent for a long time in his comments about how volatile Holloway is.
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 09:11 - May 10 with 2461 viewsqprxtc

I’m just looking forward to buying a Steve McLaren umbrella in the club shop.
McCl donaren Agreed Terms on 09:13 - May 10 with 2445 viewsHunterhoop

McCl donaren Agreed Terms on 08:40 - May 10 by essextaxiboy

Essex, it's far far worse on FB, twitter, etc.

There's some sense and reasoning on here behind most posts. There's already a chap who said he won't return to LR until we sack McClaren. We're not appointed him yet and he's not managed a game!

Others taking the "Ollie over Brolly" line, but who didn't rate Holloway!

Complaining is very easy basically.

Some don't understand the reality of who we can and cannot attract player and coach wise.

Some don't truly appreciate our financial situation.

Most have no experience of ever having to lead (set the goal, share the vision, decide the strategy, implement, review, etc, etc) so don't understand how Hoos and Ferdinand will be going about things.

IF we replace Holloway with McClaren, we don't know if we'll be better or not. It's all conjecture. I think we will. I quite like the Head Coach/Assistant Coach set up idea of McClaren/Carsley. But even if you think we'll be worse with this, what's to be gained by coating off the decision and new coaching set up before a ball has been kicked?!

Whether we've treated Holloway and Bircham with integrity is an issue no fan really knows. We are not Ferdinand, Hoos, Ollie or Birch. We don't know what's been said to date and we don't know for sure if anything has been formally agreed with McClaren.

For some those nuances are too much so they just complain. It's back of the class BS.

Wait and see. Whatever happens, turn up and support the team next Aug.
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 09:14 - May 10 with 2439 viewsrsonist

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 09:11 - May 10 by qprxtc

Everyone in the world wheeling this gag out is reason enough not to hire him.
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 09:17 - May 10 with 2422 viewsSydneyRs

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 09:11 - May 10 by qprxtc

or we could just sing in dodgy Dutch accents.
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 09:22 - May 10 with 2396 viewsCroydonCaptJack

He must have been half decent to have got that England job in the first place though presumably?
McCl donaren Agreed Terms on 09:26 - May 10 with 2372 viewsPlanetHonneywood

McCl donaren Agreed Terms on 09:13 - May 10 by Hunterhoop

Essex, it's far far worse on FB, twitter, etc.

There's some sense and reasoning on here behind most posts. There's already a chap who said he won't return to LR until we sack McClaren. We're not appointed him yet and he's not managed a game!

Others taking the "Ollie over Brolly" line, but who didn't rate Holloway!

Complaining is very easy basically.

Some don't understand the reality of who we can and cannot attract player and coach wise.

Some don't truly appreciate our financial situation.

Most have no experience of ever having to lead (set the goal, share the vision, decide the strategy, implement, review, etc, etc) so don't understand how Hoos and Ferdinand will be going about things.

IF we replace Holloway with McClaren, we don't know if we'll be better or not. It's all conjecture. I think we will. I quite like the Head Coach/Assistant Coach set up idea of McClaren/Carsley. But even if you think we'll be worse with this, what's to be gained by coating off the decision and new coaching set up before a ball has been kicked?!

Whether we've treated Holloway and Bircham with integrity is an issue no fan really knows. We are not Ferdinand, Hoos, Ollie or Birch. We don't know what's been said to date and we don't know for sure if anything has been formally agreed with McClaren.

For some those nuances are too much so they just complain. It's back of the class BS.

Wait and see. Whatever happens, turn up and support the team next Aug.

It’s not hard is it!

I tried twitter for a couple of months and thought it the domain of the idiot. So I left. I did the same with the QPR things on FB.

If folks don’t like it - and I include Tony Pony in this advice - then just move on. No one is putting a gun to people’s heads and saying you must tweet. However, I fear and suspect that our leader is influenced by it or lacks the gumption to cease using the bloody thing.

Twitter load ol’ shit!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 09:39 - May 10 with 2306 views2Thomas2Bowles

Even the idiots on twitter and FB never told TF to make CR and JFH manager.

That would have been LF

And now, just when we are getting back some stability, just chuck it all up in the air again
So much has changed and so little has been learned.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024