Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Linford Christie Stadium 11:18 - Aug 6 with 26922 viewsFearless

https://www.standard.co.uk/go/london/attractions/linford-christie-sports-stadium

Clive, please delete or move as you see fit
[Post edited 6 Aug 2018 11:19]
Linford Christie Stadium on 17:43 - Aug 7 with 3776 viewsWatfordR

Linford Christie Stadium on 17:29 - Aug 7 by GloryHunter

Are well-behaved prisoners allowed out to attend football matches? It would be one way of boosting the numbers.

Perhaps it could be used as a threat with some of the more troublesome ones
Linford Christie Stadium on 19:58 - Aug 7 with 3581 viewsGroveR

Linford Christie Stadium on 13:12 - Aug 6 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I've never believed the owners were really interested in the LCS just pissy PR to the fans after losing any chance at OOC.

And the Council have no interest in helping out rich owners that have fecked up running QPR.

This parrot is dead.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2018 13:16]

Must have missed it but why is OOC off the table?
Linford Christie Stadium on 20:15 - Aug 7 with 3565 viewsPunteR

Linford Christie Stadium on 15:51 - Aug 7 by blacky200

It makes perfect sense to me that if you are having to build something of that size then it is a no brainer trying to tie that in with regeneration of an area that would, essentially, fund the building of the ground.
If TF had gone ahead and built a ground and said to the supporters "right that's the ground built but it is at a cost of a couple hundred million that the club is going to have to pay off" everyone would of gone mad.

No different to buying land and building offices or houses on it. Dont know why it needs to be an all singing and dancing new town or shopping center attached to it. Just creating more problems. The land they sell LR for would go some way to pay for LCS. The owners are already having to pay out vast sums of money which i assume is tax deductible anyway.
A decent modern football stadium would easily be able to hold concerts etc for a little extra bunce if needs be. The owners seemed happy to pay out quarter of a billion on jaded old football players at the whim of jaded old football managers.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Linford Christie Stadium on 21:38 - Aug 7 with 3454 viewsGloryHunter

Linford Christie Stadium on 17:43 - Aug 7 by WatfordR

Perhaps it could be used as a threat with some of the more troublesome ones

Yeah, you're right - supporting QPR is a life sentence without parole - wouldn't want to add to those poor feckers' existing problems. Silly idea.
Linford Christie Stadium on 08:06 - Aug 8 with 3177 viewsblacky200

Linford Christie Stadium on 20:15 - Aug 7 by PunteR

No different to buying land and building offices or houses on it. Dont know why it needs to be an all singing and dancing new town or shopping center attached to it. Just creating more problems. The land they sell LR for would go some way to pay for LCS. The owners are already having to pay out vast sums of money which i assume is tax deductible anyway.
A decent modern football stadium would easily be able to hold concerts etc for a little extra bunce if needs be. The owners seemed happy to pay out quarter of a billion on jaded old football players at the whim of jaded old football managers.

I'm for a new stadium. I was just saying that OOC made perfect sense for the club and they were right to try everything they could to build a stadium there. Now we have the alternative at LC it is a compromise. Selling LR will not cover the cost of building a new stadium but will go some way to it. Hopefully the pockets of land they have bought at OOC will help and it won't be a financial burden around the club's neck.
Always loved LR but it can not be developed into the ground that we need to compete with teams in this league let alone the Prem.
Linford Christie Stadium on 08:16 - Aug 8 with 3147 viewshoopdog

Linford Christie Stadium on 08:06 - Aug 8 by blacky200

I'm for a new stadium. I was just saying that OOC made perfect sense for the club and they were right to try everything they could to build a stadium there. Now we have the alternative at LC it is a compromise. Selling LR will not cover the cost of building a new stadium but will go some way to it. Hopefully the pockets of land they have bought at OOC will help and it won't be a financial burden around the club's neck.
Always loved LR but it can not be developed into the ground that we need to compete with teams in this league let alone the Prem.

Think development of LR will more than cover building a stadium on L C , I think there has been survey of how many units can be built on L R and I suppose starting prices of half a million £
[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 9:26]
Linford Christie Stadium on 08:37 - Aug 8 with 3093 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Linford Christie Stadium on 16:51 - Aug 7 by CliveWilsonSaid

What year is that? Think we might have played on the Athletics Ground on the boundary of 5H and 5I?

1902 in the 1891 one the Stadium is not there.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Linford Christie Stadium on 08:55 - Aug 8 with 3047 viewsToast_R

Linford Christie Stadium on 08:16 - Aug 8 by hoopdog

Think development of LR will more than cover building a stadium on L C , I think there has been survey of how many units can be built on L R and I suppose starting prices of half a million £

I think I'd like to buy one. I'll have the one nearest the goalmouth at the Loft End. I'd call it Lofty Heights or some name like that. Half a Mill you say? Put me down for two I say.
Login to get fewer ads

Linford Christie Stadium on 09:29 - Aug 8 with 2987 viewsCamberleyR

Linford Christie Stadium on 08:16 - Aug 8 by hoopdog

Starting prices of half a million? I hope you wouldn't be marketing the new properties. New build one bed flats in W12 start at somewhere near £900k and two bed around £1.2m. Some of the new two bed flats in TV Centre are nearer £1.5m but that's down to being in an iconic building I suppose.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Linford Christie Stadium on 09:37 - Aug 8 with 2967 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Linford Christie Stadium on 09:29 - Aug 8 by CamberleyR

Starting prices of half a million? I hope you wouldn't be marketing the new properties. New build one bed flats in W12 start at somewhere near £900k and two bed around £1.2m. Some of the new two bed flats in TV Centre are nearer £1.5m but that's down to being in an iconic building I suppose.

Ya, but you get money off QPR loyalty points, right?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Linford Christie Stadium on 10:38 - Aug 8 with 2856 viewsblacky200

Linford Christie Stadium on 09:29 - Aug 8 by CamberleyR

I wouldn't pay that to live around there. How many times a week are you going to your house or car broken into.
Linford Christie Stadium (n/t) on 22:51 - Aug 8 with 2623 viewsGloryHunter

Linford Christie Stadium on 10:38 - Aug 8 by blacky200

I wouldn't pay that to live around there. How many times a week are you going to your house or car broken into.

[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 23:15]
Linford Christie Stadium on 22:57 - Aug 8 with 2606 viewsGloryHunter

Linford Christie Stadium on 10:38 - Aug 8 by blacky200

It's a funny old thing. I was born in Harrow Weald, and spent some great years in my twenties renting in Notting Hill. When the time came to buy my first flat I simply couldn't afford to buy in W11 or W12, so I moved east, and now south east. On match days, I'm part of the great commute into Loftus Road - and this is the same for most London clubs - the only people who can afford to live close to their boyhood club are either millionaires or lucky enough to rent social housing. But you know what? - when I walk through Shepherds Bush on match days I think to myself, I'm glad I didn't buy a flat in this $hithole.
Linford Christie Stadium on 23:04 - Aug 8 with 2562 viewscolinallcars

Linford Christie Stadium on 22:57 - Aug 8 by GloryHunter

It's a funny old thing. I was born in Harrow Weald, and spent some great years in my twenties renting in Notting Hill. When the time came to buy my first flat I simply couldn't afford to buy in W11 or W12, so I moved east, and now south east. On match days, I'm part of the great commute into Loftus Road - and this is the same for most London clubs - the only people who can afford to live close to their boyhood club are either millionaires or lucky enough to rent social housing. But you know what? - when I walk through Shepherds Bush on match days I think to myself, I'm glad I didn't buy a flat in this $hithole.

You think people living in social housing in Shepherds Bush are lucky ?
Linford Christie Stadium on 23:08 - Aug 8 with 2547 viewswombat

Linford Christie Stadium on 12:40 - Aug 6 by stevec

Get what you're saying but I'm non plussed how a music venue could get built there over a football stadium which could probably facilitate a music venue anyway.

Think the only people living there are the other side of Little Scrubs, Peabody if memory serves.

I can't help worrying that the clubs owners haven't quite got their hearts in this to the level Brentford's and Wimbledon did.

We need TF to answer what comes top of his list of priorities, a lucrative house building development or QPR football club.

That’s an obvious answer , they didn’t bother with more suitable sites for a football stadium when they was Aval , old aka gives the, a better cash return , the diary crest site and the BBC great sites for a stadium not so great return in the boards pockets .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Linford Christie Stadium on 23:11 - Aug 8 with 2539 viewscolinallcars

Linford Christie Stadium on 23:08 - Aug 8 by wombat

That’s an obvious answer , they didn’t bother with more suitable sites for a football stadium when they was Aval , old aka gives the, a better cash return , the diary crest site and the BBC great sites for a stadium not so great return in the boards pockets .

Eh ?
Linford Christie Stadium on 23:14 - Aug 8 with 2529 viewswombat

Linford Christie Stadium on 15:34 - Aug 6 by stevec

Spot on, absolutely essential QPR get this project.

Good luck with any plans to enlarge east action station to cope with a average sat football crowd , one of the smallest stations on the central line with houses pinning it down size wise, if u ever have to deal with tfl for anything. Expect huge delays also non runner for me

Linford Christie Stadium on 23:17 - Aug 8 with 2521 viewsGloryHunter

Linford Christie Stadium on 23:04 - Aug 8 by colinallcars

You think people living in social housing in Shepherds Bush are lucky ?

Yes. Anyone getting social housing anywhere these days is lucky.
Linford Christie Stadium on 23:22 - Aug 8 with 2492 viewswombat

Linford Christie Stadium on 19:04 - Aug 6 by nadera78

BBC Woodlands, which is now Imperial College. Dairy Crest, which is also now Imperial College. M&S warehouses behind the station, which is now being turned into flats. That's 3 sites we definitely missed out on.

BBC TV Centre is debatable, given the BBCs requirements for retaining some of the site. It might not have been big enough for a stadium too.

Going back a bit further, of course, there was Chris Wright turning down the land behind the School End (offered for peanuts) because he wanted to move to Heathrow/Hillingdon.

Main bbc was just about workable if they had bought the Ta place on South Africa road as well , main advantage to that site would have beeping able to see the bits we didn’t need to off set the cost of a new stadium and us owning the stadium instead of prob renting the LCS ,

Losing dairy crest site is criminal perfect location low cost in today’s land terms think it went for 125 million in the end BBC went for 300 for the total site .

Linford Christie Stadium on 13:12 - Aug 10 with 2166 viewsGloucs_R

Anyone seen the new plans? A real play for the LC stadium today. All or nothing

Poll: Are we staying up?

Linford Christie Stadium on 13:21 - Aug 10 with 2126 viewsMedwayR

Linford Christie Stadium on 13:12 - Aug 10 by Gloucs_R

Anyone seen the new plans? A real play for the LC stadium today. All or nothing

Yes I've seen it, I'm not sure who the intended audience is, is it QPR fans who still believe that a new stadium isn't necessary or a plea to the council to help us?

Either way it came across to me as a bit bizarre and desperate, surely meaningful talks with the council would more likely be productive and if this stunt is for the fans benefit then it pointless because if they haven't worked out why we need a new stadium by now then they probably never will.

Poll: Who’s better?

Linford Christie Stadium on 13:25 - Aug 10 with 2103 viewshopphoops

Linford Christie Stadium on 13:21 - Aug 10 by MedwayR

Yes I've seen it, I'm not sure who the intended audience is, is it QPR fans who still believe that a new stadium isn't necessary or a plea to the council to help us?

Either way it came across to me as a bit bizarre and desperate, surely meaningful talks with the council would more likely be productive and if this stunt is for the fans benefit then it pointless because if they haven't worked out why we need a new stadium by now then they probably never will.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/WhyQPRNeedToMove-A4-v

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Linford Christie Stadium on 13:27 - Aug 10 with 2092 viewsdaveB

This is the link to the new document explaining it all, well worth supporting

https://www.qpr.co.uk/media/15164/whyqprneedtomove-a4-v5.pdf
Linford Christie Stadium on 14:23 - Aug 10 with 1991 viewsisawqpratwcity

Linford Christie Stadium on 13:27 - Aug 10 by daveB

This is the link to the new document explaining it all, well worth supporting

https://www.qpr.co.uk/media/15164/whyqprneedtomove-a4-v5.pdf

Yes, that looks good, but it wants a bit more flesh on the bone: some indication of what we want to build, including facilities for alternate revenue streams (I notice it didn't say anything about low-cost housing).

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Linford Christie Stadium on 14:52 - Aug 10 with 1918 viewshopphoops

Linford Christie Stadium on 14:23 - Aug 10 by isawqpratwcity

Yes, that looks good, but it wants a bit more flesh on the bone: some indication of what we want to build, including facilities for alternate revenue streams (I notice it didn't say anything about low-cost housing).

The LR redevelopment will feature numerous affordable options: the "Ellerslie Quarter" (bedrooms 4'6"x4'6") and the "Family Lofts" if you have children, which will be roomier but not have a roof.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024