Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. 17:05 - Aug 23 with 6195 viewsSnipper

Please. 🙏🙏
Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 00:19 - Aug 25 with 2046 viewsenfieldargh

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 18:31 - Aug 24 by Antti_Heinola

I am happy to be the lone wolf who thinks Leistner will turn out ok.
Wins every header, I think his passing is much better than anyone else seems to. He's hard and strong in the tackle. If the defence can settle down I think he'll be ok.

agree, WBA game was a cluster F*ck and nobody came out of it good

I may well change my mind in a few weeks

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 01:39 - Aug 25 with 1966 viewsVancouverHoop

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 18:31 - Aug 24 by Antti_Heinola

Wins every header, I think his passing is much better than anyone else seems to. He's hard and strong in the tackle. If the defence can settle down I think he'll be ok.

Yup

Yup. He was strong against Preston, and better than most against WBA (very low bar I know.) Thing is a defence needs time to settle collectively, they tend to succeed and fail as a unit. Shuffling players in and out is probably the worst thing you can do. I'm actually more worried about our defensive mid-field (and goal) than the back-line. Scowen and Luongo have not looked good so far, and I'm with those who believe loaning out Manning was a big mistake.
Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 07:09 - Aug 25 with 1895 viewsLblock

I recall the last German we had coming in for a bit of stick early days which I found strange as I liked what I saw. I’d take him back now an all !!!!

Big Toni has been alright so far although I’m not sure he should be el capitano. I’d like to see him alongside someone with pace so we can play a higher line. Our lack of speed merchants has concerned me for a while
The real weak link in defence is Bidwell, awful player that has been plain to see for around two seasons. Combine him with a goalkeeper with Weetabix hands and the confidence of a virgin at an orgy and problems will appear everywhere

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 07:48 - Aug 25 with 1865 viewsDejR_vu

Agreed, as long as we let him do what he's good at, rather than thinking he's Rio Ferdinand in his pomp.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 09:39 - Aug 25 with 1814 viewsoldmisery

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 07:09 - Aug 25 by Lblock

I recall the last German we had coming in for a bit of stick early days which I found strange as I liked what I saw. I’d take him back now an all !!!!

Big Toni has been alright so far although I’m not sure he should be el capitano. I’d like to see him alongside someone with pace so we can play a higher line. Our lack of speed merchants has concerned me for a while
The real weak link in defence is Bidwell, awful player that has been plain to see for around two seasons. Combine him with a goalkeeper with Weetabix hands and the confidence of a virgin at an orgy and problems will appear everywhere

I agree with your assessment of Bidwell and noticed that Bristol City were targeting him from the kick off. Their left back kept hitting long diagonal balls to the right winger and, of course, they hit the jackpot just before half time.

A lot has been said about Lynch giving Bidwell a hard time and, in my opinion, rightly so but it's a bit like the pot calling the kettle black because 'Father Christmas'; as he must be known to his kids; is equally poor.

Am I the only one who is concerned that we are loaning in strikers when it's our defence that looks so porous?
Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 10:51 - Aug 25 with 1749 viewsGroveR

"...because 'Father Christmas'; as he must be known to his kids; is equally poor."

Father Christmas doesn't down tools on the 20th and fùck off to the Burj Al Arab for a fortnight though.
Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 12:17 - Aug 25 with 1629 viewsPinnerPaul

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 17:58 - Aug 24 by Northernr

This is us now is it? Loaning out players that were playing well for us at the end of last season and borrowing in half a team to try and keep us up? We're accelerating back towards Priskin/Bent territory.

It does look that way.

2/2 for the home games where we have a bigger squad than the oppo, sure it will be the same today.

IF we get anymore in, even if we don't, wouldn't be surprised to see more go out on loan.
Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 12:44 - Aug 25 with 1589 viewsStanisgod

I'll ask again, any sightings of the lesser spotted Hall bird, also known as the Matty Rose warbler.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Login to get fewer ads

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 21:57 - Aug 25 with 1489 viewsoldmisery

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 12:44 - Aug 25 by Stanisgod

I'll ask again, any sightings of the lesser spotted Hall bird, also known as the Matty Rose warbler.

According to another of our injured players, Grant Hall is near to match fitness and should be available for selection around the beginning of September. Given that he's been out of action for so long the club don't want to take any chances with him; which makes sense I guess.
Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 21:47 - Aug 26 with 1198 viewsozranger

I'd like to throw out another name.. Trent Sainsbury. I know this should probably be buried by now but, as I mentioned on the thread for him towards the end.. there are a large number of International defenders in front of him at PSV. The problem for Sainsbury is that he needs competitive games to keep fresh for the upcoming Asian Cup. So far, in the opening three matches of the season, he has made the bench just once. No appearances. Why would not PSV loan him to us? Or, would his salary costs be too big? A half-year, until January, loan would suit him very well to make sure he is ready for the Internationals.
Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 22:16 - Aug 26 with 1140 viewskensalriser

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 21:47 - Aug 26 by ozranger

I'd like to throw out another name.. Trent Sainsbury. I know this should probably be buried by now but, as I mentioned on the thread for him towards the end.. there are a large number of International defenders in front of him at PSV. The problem for Sainsbury is that he needs competitive games to keep fresh for the upcoming Asian Cup. So far, in the opening three matches of the season, he has made the bench just once. No appearances. Why would not PSV loan him to us? Or, would his salary costs be too big? A half-year, until January, loan would suit him very well to make sure he is ready for the Internationals.

I suspect he's one of those footballers in the modern style who prefers not to play if he can possibly avoid it and still get paid.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 22:32 - Aug 26 with 1101 viewscaliforniahoop

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 22:16 - Aug 26 by kensalriser

I suspect he's one of those footballers in the modern style who prefers not to play if he can possibly avoid it and still get paid.

Apparently he felt the championship would be to harsh for him so best stay well clear.
Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 00:14 - Aug 27 with 993 viewsBoston

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 17:10 - Aug 24 by Harbour

Not been impressed with Leinster

Really, they'd piss all over Ulster and Munster.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 00:31 - Aug 27 with 977 viewsBoston

You're not alone. Think he (haven't seen him in the flesh yet), has potential to do the job. Lacking support methinks, but a few views on the small screen does not impart enough info for a better evaluation.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 00:37 - Aug 27 with 969 viewsJamesB1979

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 12:17 - Aug 25 by PinnerPaul

It does look that way.

2/2 for the home games where we have a bigger squad than the oppo, sure it will be the same today.

IF we get anymore in, even if we don't, wouldn't be surprised to see more go out on loan.

Spot on. Also Priskin and Bent are not comparable to Wells and Hamed as players. The problem we had previously was loaning players that weren’t actually any good.
Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 01:14 - Aug 27 with 936 viewsVancouverHoop

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 07:09 - Aug 25 by Lblock

Yeah, Leinster will be fine. I don't think any of our three CBs are bad for this level, just very similar. Big, Immobile, but perfectly capable unless you ask them to run fast. I'm hoping Grant Hall will be back soon, because if he plays a different game and will automatically make the other three look better. Provided his skills haven't atrophied.

Bidwell's OK, but he has no cover. Right now, it doesn't matter who the manager is, he's the auto-LB selection. Someone playing that position with a slightly different skill-set would be nice.
Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 07:12 - Aug 27 with 858 viewscaliforniahoop

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 17:10 - Aug 24 by Harbour

Not been impressed with Leinster

Don’t think he is as bad as is being made out, needs pace next to him, young Furlong would be perfect.
Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 07:47 - Aug 27 with 816 viewsisawqpratwcity

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 21:47 - Aug 26 by ozranger

Can we still afford him? Tbh, I'm peeved that he opted for PSV Reserves over us (even though that is an understandably rational choice).

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Now for a couple of decent defenders on loan. on 07:53 - Aug 27 with 808 viewssmegma

The team has had two poor games and Leistner is to blame it seems. Odd that everyone was saying he was our best defender until West Brom. Give the geezer a chance.

I heard people saying he shouldn't be captain on Saturday at the game and on here. Again, It also hardly got mentioned until West Brom.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024