Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Tangerine Match Thread 18:41 - Sep 25 with 25226 viewsPinnerPaul

Not sure the 'Blackpool' thread counts as a match thread, so have started a bona fide one!

Who knows what the score/team will be.

I'll go for 1-2 I'm sorry to say
The Tangerine Match Thread on 21:55 - Sep 25 with 1953 viewsR_from_afar

The Tangerine Match Thread on 21:34 - Sep 25 by connell10

The game was awful mate!

OK it was a pretty dull game but that was because the teams largely cancelled each other out. We were not awful.

We should be competing better against Blackpool but I can imagine Ollie also picking a weakened team. Also, we fielded weakened teams in the last two rounds and breezed through them.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Tangerine Match Thread on 21:55 - Sep 25 with 1953 viewsToast_R

Oh FFS
The Tangerine Match Thread on 21:58 - Sep 25 with 1893 viewsonlyrinmoray

Our best cup run for years! Whys everyone so upset ?
(No subject) (n/t) on 21:58 - Sep 25 with 1890 viewsRangersw12

The Tangerine Match Thread on 21:38 - Sep 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

If I wasn't so scared of libel, I'd say we fvcking threw ourselves out the cup deliberately.

The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:01 - Sep 25 with 1813 views2Thomas2Bowles

The Tangerine Match Thread on 21:49 - Sep 25 by BostonR

Clueless under Olly.

So there is an improvement with Steveeee then

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:02 - Sep 25 with 1767 viewsR_from_afar

The Tangerine Match Thread on 21:43 - Sep 25 by CiderwithRsie

Obviously not the fans fault, but honestly Connell two games ago people were talking about mid-table and two games later (one of them not even in the league) people here are seriously calling for a sacking.

God knows we're all over the place and I don't know what's going off out there but I guarantee that if we win two out of the next three then the time next week people will be counting how many points we are off the play-offs.

You clearly didn't get the memo, did you? Tsk tsk.
RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:06 - Sep 25 with 1716 viewsstevec

The Tangerine Match Thread on 21:43 - Sep 25 by Gloucs_R

Was that really such a bad team we put out?

Ingram - seems the pressure of replacing Smithies got to him and not sure he'll ever recover.
Kakay - arguably 2nd choice RB
Hall / Baptiste - experienced centre backs
Nico - should have been another chance for him to show what he can do
Cousins / Scowen - first team / bench
BOS / Pav - bench but both have the ability
Smith - would get into a number of Champ first teams

So what exactly went wrong? They couldn't be arsed (again) with the cup??

Can’t agree with that.

Looking down that team sheet only Hall and Scowen are anywhere near Championship standard. The rest would regularly get beat by a host of League One sides.

We’ve spent the previous 3 years investing in this sh it and this is what you get in return.

Hope rests in getting the 4 ex prem players on the pitch at the same time as often as we can.

Scandalous how this clubs been run.
The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:08 - Sep 25 with 1683 viewswortonranger

Not calling for McClarens Head, but tonight is down to him. Selection was a gamble but failed.
Login to get fewer ads

The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:10 - Sep 25 with 1649 viewsbosh67

It seems fairly clear that the team put out tonight hadn't had sufficient time to train together or understand the plan. Ill disciplined as well. Perhaps because of a lack of understanding of the plan. McClaren will no doubt roll out the 'I gave players a chance to prove themselves' line but the reality is that like a succession of managers, he fed a group of players to the lions.

We are a team that needs to bond a set of players and make them feel like they are valued. Tonight does none of that. And unless Sylla was injured, which is possible, leaving him out is a disgrace. I'll take that back if he wasn't fit.

Putting a side out like that, that clearly have no idea how to play together and are under prepared sends dreadful ripples through the whole squad. Nothing changes at this club, year after year, and we wonder why the fans aren't coming to Loftus Road.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:11 - Sep 25 with 1640 viewsaston_hoop

Now Utd are out, thats something at least.

This will all be forgotten when we have Hemed, Wells and Eze in the team and we get 3 points on Saturday. I hope.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:14 - Sep 25 with 1593 viewsloftus77

The Tangerine Match Thread on 21:58 - Sep 25 by onlyrinmoray

Our best cup run for years! Whys everyone so upset ?

Very True.

There might be some over-reaction on here by some, but I still stand by my earlier comment of a refund to fans by the club - would be a decent gesture.
The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:16 - Sep 25 with 1567 viewstoboboly

The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:14 - Sep 25 by loftus77

Very True.

There might be some over-reaction on here by some, but I still stand by my earlier comment of a refund to fans by the club - would be a decent gesture.

Problem with that is you set a precedent, one which we won’t be able to afford both in light of FFP and us being so crap it would become a regular occurrence!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:17 - Sep 25 with 1558 viewsdavman

The Tangerine Match Thread on 21:43 - Sep 25 by Gloucs_R

Was that really such a bad team we put out?

Ingram - seems the pressure of replacing Smithies got to him and not sure he'll ever recover.
Kakay - arguably 2nd choice RB
Hall / Baptiste - experienced centre backs
Nico - should have been another chance for him to show what he can do
Cousins / Scowen - first team / bench
BOS / Pav - bench but both have the ability
Smith - would get into a number of Champ first teams

So what exactly went wrong? They couldn't be arsed (again) with the cup??

Well on that showing, yes it was diabolical.

Ingram didn't do too much wrong 5/10
Kakay fell over the ball a couple of times and looked a shadow of himself 3
Nico shocking; if he is our back up lb we had better pray for Birdwell to stay fit. 2
Baps Awful, clearly didn't want to be out there 1/10
Hall comfortable, just looked embarrassed at what was happening around him 5
Scowen clearly does not want to play for McClaren. Petulant, pathetic and in true Perch style seemed determined to get sent off 0
Cousins a really poor Jenas. Stupid reaction to admittedly a kick from the pool player. 1
Wsolek offered nothing 2
BOS looked OK first half but lost interest when it all started falling away. Looked to get subbed. 3
Smith woeful. Nothing stuck and his headers went the wrong way. 2
Chair buzzed around, but wholly ineffective. 2

Smyth see Chair 2
Oteh could do nothing to change it 3
Goss see Cousins without the sending off. Pretty on the ball, but no risk taking, no probing 3

McClaren - that team was shocking from the off. Every position a second choice with no bench. Clearly binned the cup off. 0

All in all a waste of time for everyone.

Nothing short of a disgrace.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:18 - Sep 25 with 1548 viewsCiderwithRsie

The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:11 - Sep 25 by aston_hoop

Now Utd are out, thats something at least.

This will all be forgotten when we have Hemed, Wells and Eze in the team and we get 3 points on Saturday. I hope.

Well, I too hope we get the three points but honestly this shouldn't be forgotten.

We've got a huge squad and really need to be able to cover for cup games. And there's no excuse for rank indiscipline.
The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:21 - Sep 25 with 1490 viewsmakaveli1882

The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:06 - Sep 25 by stevec

Can’t agree with that.

Looking down that team sheet only Hall and Scowen are anywhere near Championship standard. The rest would regularly get beat by a host of League One sides.

We’ve spent the previous 3 years investing in this sh it and this is what you get in return.

Hope rests in getting the 4 ex prem players on the pitch at the same time as often as we can.

haven't read this thread

But I go with my Blackpool mate to England away Rangers away and Blackpool away; few people know me on here less a few know him (less)

But we have had some rows over the years, he hasn't been to a home again in 2 years but I was gonna go tonight but we decided to go back to Russia as we was out there for 4 weeks in the summer and I had 2 days holiday to chose St Petersburg or Blackpool...it took me 3 weeks decide.

But after tonight and that team after all these years of a cup run, surely the club must of realised the next round found of been massive and meant a lot to the fans!

Won't mean a lot to anyone on hear or the club but I have been a Season ticket holder since 1993 but I won't be renewing... I'm disgusted at the team the bench and the club I hope the seasiders get a good draw.

I'm going in saturday but only cause I have paid for the trains and ticket.

Like I say won't mean a lot to anyone but 25 years of season tickets lost tonight because of how unprofessional my club was tonight.

Sorry for the fans who went glad I chose Zenit
The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:22 - Sep 25 with 1473 viewsloneranger1

The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:10 - Sep 25 by bosh67

It seems fairly clear that the team put out tonight hadn't had sufficient time to train together or understand the plan. Ill disciplined as well. Perhaps because of a lack of understanding of the plan. McClaren will no doubt roll out the 'I gave players a chance to prove themselves' line but the reality is that like a succession of managers, he fed a group of players to the lions.

We are a team that needs to bond a set of players and make them feel like they are valued. Tonight does none of that. And unless Sylla was injured, which is possible, leaving him out is a disgrace. I'll take that back if he wasn't fit.

Putting a side out like that, that clearly have no idea how to play together and are under prepared sends dreadful ripples through the whole squad. Nothing changes at this club, year after year, and we wonder why the fans aren't coming to Loftus Road.

Thanks for that, Bosh - my thoughts exactly.

I rally worry about the effect some of Steve`s decisions will have had on several players so far this season (BOS, Kakay, Manning, Smyth, Sylla...)

When you think how positive things looked for 4 of the above in pre-season, and given that Sylla has scored more than anyone apart from Smith over the past couple of years, they can`t love Steve can they? It`s not the image I had of a guy who'd help bringing the youth on, anyway (Eze apart)
The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:31 - Sep 25 with 1369 viewsGloucs_R

The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:06 - Sep 25 by stevec

Can’t agree with that.

I'm not seeking out an argument, but a lot of those players have a fair amount of championship experience. the challenge we have is that the other half of the team are probably League 2 standard. Some of our younger players are simply not good enough sadly.

I said to my mate tonight that as every season goes past I lose more and more interest. I'm sick of us always apparently being rebuilt.

McLaren has now had more than enough games to work out his best 11 and they winning formation. The next two weeks will be incredibly important.

I still can't understand why we didn't give tonight game a real good go. after all it would have given us a golden opportunity to progress further in the cup and some more money plus we can always go back to lower table in the championship
[Post edited 25 Sep 2018 22:34]

Poll: Are we staying up?

The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:34 - Sep 25 with 1339 views2Thomas2Bowles

The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:22 - Sep 25 by loneranger1

Thanks for that, Bosh - my thoughts exactly.

I rally worry about the effect some of Steve`s decisions will have had on several players so far this season (BOS, Kakay, Manning, Smyth, Sylla...)

When you think how positive things looked for 4 of the above in pre-season, and given that Sylla has scored more than anyone apart from Smith over the past couple of years, they can`t love Steve can they? It`s not the image I had of a guy who'd help bringing the youth on, anyway (Eze apart)

destroy and exit strategy

Have you seen the cartoon video

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:34 - Sep 25 with 1339 viewsted_hendrix

The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:21 - Sep 25 by makaveli1882

haven't read this thread

But I go with my Blackpool mate to England away Rangers away and Blackpool away; few people know me on here less a few know him (less)

But we have had some rows over the years, he hasn't been to a home again in 2 years but I was gonna go tonight but we decided to go back to Russia as we was out there for 4 weeks in the summer and I had 2 days holiday to chose St Petersburg or Blackpool...it took me 3 weeks decide.

But after tonight and that team after all these years of a cup run, surely the club must of realised the next round found of been massive and meant a lot to the fans!

Won't mean a lot to anyone on hear or the club but I have been a Season ticket holder since 1993 but I won't be renewing... I'm disgusted at the team the bench and the club I hope the seasiders get a good draw.

I'm going in saturday but only cause I have paid for the trains and ticket.

Like I say won't mean a lot to anyone but 25 years of season tickets lost tonight because of how unprofessional my club was tonight.

Sorry for the fans who went glad I chose Zenit

Don't make good reading mate, be lucky and keep your chin up.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:41 - Sep 25 with 1276 viewsmakaveli1882

The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:34 - Sep 25 by ted_hendrix

Don't make good reading mate, be lucky and keep your chin up.

Thanks Ted,

Was hoping to see you at holiday inn in Reading next week but I've had enough.

Will see what Saturday brings x
The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:45 - Sep 25 with 1251 viewsstevec

The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:31 - Sep 25 by Gloucs_R

I'm not seeking out an argument, but a lot of those players have a fair amount of championship experience. the challenge we have is that the other half of the team are probably League 2 standard. Some of our younger players are simply not good enough sadly.

I said to my mate tonight that as every season goes past I lose more and more interest. I'm sick of us always apparently being rebuilt.

McLaren has now had more than enough games to work out his best 11 and they winning formation. The next two weeks will be incredibly important.

I still can't understand why we didn't give tonight game a real good go. after all it would have given us a golden opportunity to progress further in the cup and some more money plus we can always go back to lower table in the championship

Agree with that totally.

Was just calling out the fact most of those players aren’t good enough.

There’s been a lot of people saying great things about these type of signings for the past 3 seasons, time they fessed up and admitted the transfer policy had been a fckin disaster.

Not on your case at all.
The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:46 - Sep 25 with 1241 viewsRangersw12

The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:31 - Sep 25 by Gloucs_R

No motivation for the players tonight to put in a performance.

BOS was our best player against Rovers and was rewarded with 10 mins in 4 games
The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:50 - Sep 25 with 1199 viewsstevec

The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:46 - Sep 25 by Rangersw12

No motivation for the players tonight to put in a performance.

BOS was our best player against Rovers and was rewarded with 10 mins in 4 games

BOS is just another plan B. Good as a sub for 10 minutes, give him the full 90 in a Championship game and he’s pony.
The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:52 - Sep 25 with 1182 viewsdaveB

The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:50 - Sep 25 by stevec

BOS is just another plan B. Good as a sub for 10 minutes, give him the full 90 in a Championship game and he’s pony.

How would we know, he never gets 90 minutes
The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:53 - Sep 25 with 1170 viewsRangersw12

The Tangerine Match Thread on 22:50 - Sep 25 by stevec

Was playing well at the back end of last season
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024