Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warren Farm 10:13 - Nov 1 with 84074 viewsconnell10

Some one saying on WATRB that the Supreme court has thrown out the appeal placed against us and Warren Farm is a goer! Good news if true!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Warren Farm on 21:31 - Jan 13 with 3465 viewsNortholt_Rs

Warren Farm on 19:58 - Jan 13 by The_Seer

Drove round there on Saturday, still no diggers just 2 people and a dog.

Brentfart troll alert

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Warren Farm on 21:43 - Jan 13 with 3419 viewsLythamR

Warren Farm on 21:23 - Jan 13 by Hayesender

I bet my left bollock, this never gets built

My money is on the Skylarks again
Warren Farm on 22:23 - Jan 13 with 3258 viewsMatch82

Warren Farm on 19:23 - Jan 13 by E17hoop

And it goes on...

In that time, nature has done what it does best and totally rewilded the site into a precious urban meadow within the Brent River Park. Warren Farm is now a haven for nature, species-rich and of high ecological importance to London and the UK.

"Once gone it is lost forever,"

Two separate paragraphs. Can't have it both ways lads.
Warren Farm on 22:27 - Jan 13 with 3231 viewsLoftgirl

Warren Farm on 11:14 - Nov 1 by Esox_Lucius

It now becomes clear why Jamie Rueben was invited to join the board.

Rueben out.
Warren Farm on 22:48 - Jan 13 with 3173 viewsLblock

Warren Farm on 21:23 - Jan 13 by Hayesender

I bet my left bollock, this never gets built

Alas, I think my hat will not be eaten and your left bollok will be safe

I didn’t believe the rumours that the club may actually be delaying its own scheme and even behind the objectors but who would put it past them?
Next step is the land of high and dry

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Warren Farm (n/t) on 01:05 - Jan 14 with 2984 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Warren Farm (n/t) on 15:35 - Jun 1 by AnonymousR

[Post edited 1 Jun 2019 16:14]

Now that's truly Anonymous!
Warren Farm on 01:47 - Jan 14 with 2976 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Warren Farm on 20:26 - Jan 13 by PunteR

This is dragging on.

That's the understatement of the year and we're only 14 days in!

In all seriousness, I've lost confidence in the board that this is going to happen. Every legal avenue was exhausted months ago yet even basic work is yet to commence. The longer this drags on without progress, the greater the risk of this project being blocked or jettisoned altogether.

It's time the club came clean with the fans about its intentions. If the will and appetite still exists then Hoos should release a basic roadmap. We don't need a glossy website like the new Brentford stadium, just a high level plan with estimated timelines.

Studies have shown that people are more sympathetic to delays if they're kept abreast of developments. At the moment I feel like I'm standing on a platform waiting for a train with no idea of whether the service is even running.
Warren Farm on 01:53 - Jan 14 with 2971 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Warren Farm on 22:23 - Jan 13 by Match82

In that time, nature has done what it does best and totally rewilded the site into a precious urban meadow within the Brent River Park. Warren Farm is now a haven for nature, species-rich and of high ecological importance to London and the UK.

"Once gone it is lost forever,"

Two separate paragraphs. Can't have it both ways lads.

I don't agree with them that it's lost forever. QPR are not planning to turn Warren Farm into a concrete jungle. The vast majority of the site will remain green (albeit manicured) and a haven for species. Not even our football is that bad that animals refuse to watch!
Login to get fewer ads

Warren Farm on 03:05 - Jan 14 with 2947 viewsMatch82

Warren Farm on 01:53 - Jan 14 by Benny_the_Ball

I don't agree with them that it's lost forever. QPR are not planning to turn Warren Farm into a concrete jungle. The vast majority of the site will remain green (albeit manicured) and a haven for species. Not even our football is that bad that animals refuse to watch!

That's exactly my point. First they say that since the land was left alone then all this stuff has grown out of nowhere. Then they say if it disappears it can never come back.
Warren Farm on 09:46 - Jan 14 with 2683 viewsRangersDave

I think the lack of actual visible progress is worrying.

Lord knows nothing shows progress like pegging out and fencing going up, but how much of that has been done?

We are in danger of not seizing the opportunity here and being so tardy that the greater crested marsh warbling goat will be found and prevent development even further between the small windows of nesting, mating, dog sh1tting seasons in a year.

I truly fear this may now be dead in the water, and a huge opportunity missed.
Mind you, if WF now looks like the south downs, thats cannot be bad....can it.

#putafeckingspadeintheground

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Warren Farm on 10:02 - Jan 14 with 2636 viewsCaptainPugwash

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....
What be so speshul 'bout dogshit?
Yous landlubbers be straynge....

Yo Ho!
Warren Farm on 10:14 - Jan 14 with 2603 views2Thomas2Bowles

The silence from lack of contractors, the Club and EC is deafening.

Not going to happen, same with LCS.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Warren Farm on 10:15 - Jan 14 with 2602 viewsterryb

Warren Farm on 22:48 - Jan 13 by Lblock

Alas, I think my hat will not be eaten and your left bollok will be safe

I didn’t believe the rumours that the club may actually be delaying its own scheme and even behind the objectors but who would put it past them?
Next step is the land of high and dry

I think Hayes is offering his left bollock to you as a far more palatable option than your hat!
Warren Farm on 10:51 - Jan 14 with 2496 viewsBostonR

Warren Farm on 10:14 - Jan 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

The silence from lack of contractors, the Club and EC is deafening.

Not going to happen, same with LCS.

If I recall, Lee Hoos addressed the training ground update at the recent fans forum. Essentially, he said that the club was no longer engaging with "objectors" or external groups and that the scheme will remain in-house as part of the clubs forward planning.
As I see it the land deal is done and the club has been conducting pre-construction surveys etc - all normal activity, which does take time. I suspect the club is probably negotiating with numerous contractors from ground works, site security, design and build and planning consultants, to name a few.
Also, I assume the club is reviewing the funding mechanism for the scheme. In my experience this is normal activity, but it does take time.
Warren Farm on 11:24 - Jan 14 with 2435 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Warren Farm on 10:15 - Jan 14 by terryb

I think Hayes is offering his left bollock to you as a far more palatable option than your hat!

It may be a pork pie hat which could be delicious (as long as it has no egg in it)
Warren Farm on 11:37 - Jan 14 with 2385 viewsLythamR

Warren Farm on 10:51 - Jan 14 by BostonR

If I recall, Lee Hoos addressed the training ground update at the recent fans forum. Essentially, he said that the club was no longer engaging with "objectors" or external groups and that the scheme will remain in-house as part of the clubs forward planning.
As I see it the land deal is done and the club has been conducting pre-construction surveys etc - all normal activity, which does take time. I suspect the club is probably negotiating with numerous contractors from ground works, site security, design and build and planning consultants, to name a few.
Also, I assume the club is reviewing the funding mechanism for the scheme. In my experience this is normal activity, but it does take time.

The thing is all this negotiating and surveys should (and may have) been going on once we got the green light and should not have incurred any delays due to Skylarks nesting

Given how essential we have repeatedly been told WF is to the future development strategy for the club there should be some sort of action by now

We should have seen some activity as soon as the nesting birds had completed their business, that would have established serious intent.

it is starting to give off a distinct whiff now
Warren Farm on 11:58 - Jan 14 with 2317 viewsBostonR

Warren Farm on 11:37 - Jan 14 by LythamR

The thing is all this negotiating and surveys should (and may have) been going on once we got the green light and should not have incurred any delays due to Skylarks nesting

Given how essential we have repeatedly been told WF is to the future development strategy for the club there should be some sort of action by now

We should have seen some activity as soon as the nesting birds had completed their business, that would have established serious intent.

it is starting to give off a distinct whiff now

I would think most of the essential surveys are complete and hopefully the analysis of the various data returned has not thrown up any show-stoppers, such as contaminated land.

Engaging with contractors and running the whole procurement programme is detailed and takes time. I am not a construction PMO (and I am sure there are a few on this forum) but this project has a lot of strands. So, I am not surprised that it is taking time to get going.
Warren Farm on 13:02 - Jan 14 with 2138 viewsNed_Kennedys

Warren Farm on 11:58 - Jan 14 by BostonR

I would think most of the essential surveys are complete and hopefully the analysis of the various data returned has not thrown up any show-stoppers, such as contaminated land.

Engaging with contractors and running the whole procurement programme is detailed and takes time. I am not a construction PMO (and I am sure there are a few on this forum) but this project has a lot of strands. So, I am not surprised that it is taking time to get going.

You may well be right and hopefully there are a lot of things going on in the background but as far as I can see neither QPR or Ealing Council have made an announcements on the subject since the end of 2018 which is a long time ago. You can understand people assuming no news is bad news in this instance.
Warren Farm on 13:14 - Jan 14 with 2097 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm in Construction and can back this up - pre-Contract takes absolutely ages now with all the legislation brought in in the last 20-30 years.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warren Farm on 13:15 - Jan 14 with 2083 viewsThe_Seer

It has been over a year since we won the appeal. Why is it that Fulham can redevelop the Cottage twice in a posh area, Brentford can build a stadium in Kew with minimum fuss yet we are waiting forever to build a training facility on a dilapidated site in poxy Southall.

The hold up is down to Finances.

The owners do not want to pay for it directly out of their own pockets. FFP doesnt come into it as it's classed as infructure.The owners have looked at loans, bonds even considered the involvement of the fans.
Warren Farm on 13:16 - Jan 14 with 2082 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Warren Farm on 13:15 - Jan 14 by The_Seer

It has been over a year since we won the appeal. Why is it that Fulham can redevelop the Cottage twice in a posh area, Brentford can build a stadium in Kew with minimum fuss yet we are waiting forever to build a training facility on a dilapidated site in poxy Southall.

The owners do not want to pay for it directly out of their own pockets. FFP doesnt come into it as it's classed as infructure.The owners have looked at loans, bonds even considered the involvement of the fans.

What is with the 'we'?
Warren Farm on 13:17 - Jan 14 with 2078 viewsR_from_afar

Warren Farm on 13:02 - Jan 14 by Ned_Kennedys

You may well be right and hopefully there are a lot of things going on in the background but as far as I can see neither QPR or Ealing Council have made an announcements on the subject since the end of 2018 which is a long time ago. You can understand people assuming no news is bad news in this instance.

I can well understand people's frustration at the long wait. The last piece of information I saw on WF was this but it dates from November:
https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-update-warren-farm-linford-christie-stad

The club would be well advised to put out its own update, ideally this month. I suspect that we might not see anything until they have dealt with the transfer window.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Warren Farm on 13:34 - Jan 14 with 2018 viewskingo

Warren Farm on 13:15 - Jan 14 by The_Seer

Brentfords stadium has taken many, many years to bring about. Not just the construction time. They were looking at many options for a long time.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Warren Farm on 13:35 - Jan 14 with 2012 viewsThe_Seer

Warren Farm on 13:16 - Jan 14 by CroydonCaptJack

What is with the 'we'?

Don't get smart

No seriously it's about finance.
Warren Farm on 13:53 - Jan 14 with 1954 viewsThe_Seer

Warren Farm on 13:34 - Jan 14 by kingo

Brentfords stadium has taken many, many years to bring about. Not just the construction time. They were looking at many options for a long time.

At least they have a brand new stadium in Kew which is nearly finished. What have we got? Fernandes has been at the club since 2011 and has made a pigs ear of everything. Warren Farm has dragged on for years. Let's not mention a new stadium - what a joke.

Everything changed when Benham bought the club in 2012. Brentford didn't have clout before he came along. Things always drag on when you lack money and influence.

Fulham acquired training facilities in Kingston Upon Thames and never have trouble with redevelop. They put in applications at the Council and get the job done.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024