Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warren Farm 10:13 - Nov 1 with 84138 viewsconnell10

Some one saying on WATRB that the Supreme court has thrown out the appeal placed against us and Warren Farm is a goer! Good news if true!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Warren Farm on 06:53 - Jan 23 with 4050 viewsLblock

The sun is setting.....

http://www.ealingtoday.co.uk/default.asp?section=info&page=eawarrenfarmjan202000

Shall we just file this in the “Bungles Empty Promises” section? I’m not sure there’s room left I there but we’ll give it a go.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Warren Farm on 07:48 - Jan 23 with 3927 viewsTonto

Actually? That's a massive jump to a conclusion.

This is probably the same bunch using a different name to say the same thing.

Unless you are a planner in Ealing Council you dont know what the response will be and whether this is any sort of nail in a coffin, let alone who's coffin it is!

Sorry: this came across as a bit of a rant atvt Block, but there is so much falacious reasoning on here from people who have no details of what is happening, it's getting in my tits.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Warren Farm on 08:49 - Jan 23 with 3816 viewsRangersDave

The way to stop all this sh1t is simply to get some dozers on site, and mark out the land quickly.

Once the shyte hole is ploughed, its done.

but the more we wait the more this is has potential for FUBAR.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Warren Farm on 09:20 - Jan 23 with 3740 viewsdavman

Warren Farm on 06:53 - Jan 23 by Lblock

The sun is setting.....

http://www.ealingtoday.co.uk/default.asp?section=info&page=eawarrenfarmjan202000

Shall we just file this in the “Bungles Empty Promises” section? I’m not sure there’s room left I there but we’ll give it a go.

Looking at their Crowdfunding page, they have A LOT of support out there from a number of people and have reached their target to launch yet another legal challenge.

Interestingly, that is against the council for not following their own due process. So, if all this goes breasts upwards, surely, the club has a case to sue Ealing Council for their negligence to recover the costs that the club has accrued?

Lots and lots of incompetence around and, sorry, LBlock, for once that may not all be down to the club...

A new stadium and training complex outside London - that'll be the easy way out of this...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Warren Farm on 09:40 - Jan 23 with 3663 viewskingo

Unfortunately common sense seems to be excluded from the environmentalist argument. Nature is resourceful and will find a new home. As it has on the ex football pitches at Warren Farm. This area hasn’t always been a nature reserve and the species that have migrated there in recent times will just as easily migrate somewhere else. It kid not a case that they will cease to exist.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Warren Farm on 13:25 - Jan 23 with 3341 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"They say the law states that projects likely to have ' significant environmental impact' must undergo an EIA to allow the public to be consulted and feedback."

And Ealing Council's position will be that the project isn't likely to have a significant environmental impact.

Status quo remains, so we're free to build.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warren Farm on 13:40 - Jan 23 with 3280 viewsMatch82

Warren Farm on 08:49 - Jan 23 by RangersDave

The way to stop all this sh1t is simply to get some dozers on site, and mark out the land quickly.

Once the shyte hole is ploughed, its done.

but the more we wait the more this is has potential for FUBAR.

Except, you know, that's illegal.
Warren Farm on 13:53 - Jan 23 with 3233 viewsLblock

Warren Farm on 13:40 - Jan 23 by Match82

Except, you know, that's illegal.

Except it's not.

Planning Permission has been given - soon as you get that you can get a shovel in the ground.
There's other Statutory matters that a commercial build needs to satisfy, grant you that, but as a builder you can crack on once Planning Permission fully granted as long as you satisfy any of the consents contained.

Now you could say the Club is taking a "good neighbour" approach here. Only I don't believe that's the case, the SWF, Friends of Hanwell, WeLoveBentfordFarewellGimpinPark mob will NEVER EVER be satisfied so plough on regardless would be my call.
The real reason seems obvious and that is that the club has no immediate intention to embark on this journey fully.

Love to hear differently and that a demo package is underway including the removal of asbestos (28 days notice needed there)

My hat has gone mouldy.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Warren Farm on 13:57 - Jan 23 with 3218 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warren Farm on 13:53 - Jan 23 by Lblock

Except it's not.

Planning Permission has been given - soon as you get that you can get a shovel in the ground.
There's other Statutory matters that a commercial build needs to satisfy, grant you that, but as a builder you can crack on once Planning Permission fully granted as long as you satisfy any of the consents contained.

Now you could say the Club is taking a "good neighbour" approach here. Only I don't believe that's the case, the SWF, Friends of Hanwell, WeLoveBentfordFarewellGimpinPark mob will NEVER EVER be satisfied so plough on regardless would be my call.
The real reason seems obvious and that is that the club has no immediate intention to embark on this journey fully.

Love to hear differently and that a demo package is underway including the removal of asbestos (28 days notice needed there)

My hat has gone mouldy.

I get your concern, LB. I don't share it - for now at least.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warren Farm on 14:10 - Jan 23 with 3159 viewsstevec

Reckon the Board took one look at that cost of building and are sneaking onto the site each night with a box of grey crested newts.
Warren Farm on 14:31 - Jan 23 with 3102 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Except it's not.

My hat has gone mouldy.

I really really hope you are wrong on this mate but unfortunately suspect not.

There does not seem to be any reason we haven't starting doing something on that site does there.

p.s. are hats like cheese in that they may actually be enhanced by the mould?
Possibly all academic anyway.
Warren Farm on 16:50 - Jan 23 with 2938 viewsconnell10

Warren Farm on 14:10 - Jan 23 by stevec

Reckon the Board took one look at that cost of building and are sneaking onto the site each night with a box of grey crested newts.

Would that be the rare cousin of the Great crested best?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Warren Farm on 16:56 - Jan 23 with 2905 viewsPinnerPaul

Still no one asked the club for an update?
Warren Farm on 17:08 - Jan 23 with 2875 viewsBostonR

Warren Farm on 06:53 - Jan 23 by Lblock

The sun is setting.....

Unless I am mistaken the club is not ripping up the whole footprint of Warren Farm? This is a non-issue as legally the matter is closed.
Warren Farm on 17:15 - Jan 23 with 2849 viewsRangersw12

Warren Farm on 16:56 - Jan 23 by PinnerPaul

Shouldn't they be updating the fans rather than us having to ask?
Warren Farm on 19:16 - Jan 23 with 2672 viewsPunteR

Except it's not.

My hat has gone mouldy.

This 100%.

They need to start the work. They are inviting more issues the longer they leave it.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Warren Farm on 02:04 - Jan 24 with 2434 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Warren Farm on 13:14 - Jan 15 by Juzzie

That's only a year ago. As others have previously said there's huge amounts of time consuming work to be done which couldn't start until the case was over.

What's your take on Brentford fans holding things up for 7 years, that's the issue? We could have had it built and running by now.

No offence Juzzie but if you bothered to read the thread you'd know that this is absolutely not the case. Preparatory work was taking place in parallel with legal proceedings and work was expected to start early 2019. It was all in the 2018 fans forum which Clive published on this very site back in November 2018:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/49022/les-staying-
[Post edited 24 Jan 2020 20:58]
Warren Farm on 10:09 - Jan 24 with 2116 viewsTGRRRSSS

Does anyone have any faith that these people have any interest in ever building WF or a new Ground. I cannot see it.
You have to think if they'd just invested a few hundred million in developments generally around London and the south east they'd have made they're money back countless times over by now you'd imagine.

I try not to slag TF and co but either they are totally incompetent fools or they've no interest in this and presumably want shot of the club but in a way that saves face (Far East this is v important) and maybe more importantly get some of the investment "waste" back.

Happiuly to be proven wrong but I imagine for true entrepreneurs with the wealth and influence some of them have it seems unlikely nothing could be done.
Caterham Mark 2 anyone?
Warren Farm on 11:14 - Jan 24 with 2050 viewsPunteR

Warren Farm on 10:09 - Jan 24 by TGRRRSSS

Does anyone have any faith that these people have any interest in ever building WF or a new Ground. I cannot see it.
You have to think if they'd just invested a few hundred million in developments generally around London and the south east they'd have made they're money back countless times over by now you'd imagine.

I try not to slag TF and co but either they are totally incompetent fools or they've no interest in this and presumably want shot of the club but in a way that saves face (Far East this is v important) and maybe more importantly get some of the investment "waste" back.

Happiuly to be proven wrong but I imagine for true entrepreneurs with the wealth and influence some of them have it seems unlikely nothing could be done.
Caterham Mark 2 anyone?

My gut feeling is they are not really interested anymore. TF has a proved himself to be an incompetent fool in the past so why would anyone reasonably think any different of him.?
Yes he's paying the bills but thats what he's suppose to do.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Warren Farm on 12:20 - Jan 24 with 1943 viewsR_from_afar

Warren Farm on 16:56 - Jan 23 by PinnerPaul

Looking at the website, I don't see an appropriate e-mail address. I could send them a tweet but I doubt they will respond to a random tweet from one fan.

Without wishing to be provocative - ooer missus - is there any reason why *you* haven't contacted the club?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Warren Farm on 12:27 - Jan 24 with 1911 viewsBakes

Local residents stood in front of machinery yesterday

Poor little darlings got all upset over the council cutting the grass

[Post edited 24 Jan 2020 12:28]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Warren Farm on 12:40 - Jan 24 with 1854 viewsWrightUp5hit___

I was under the impression a judicial review had been quashed some time ago. Surely they cannot keep raising fresh appeals, or is this appeal on a different matter and they can continue as long as they can finance the appeals?

"An Ealing council spokesperson said, “We are aware of an application for leave to bring a claim for judicial review, the council has made a robust response and we are waiting for the court’s decision.”
Warren Farm on 12:48 - Jan 24 with 1816 views2Thomas2Bowles

Warren Farm on 12:27 - Jan 24 by Bakes

Local residents stood in front of machinery yesterday

Poor little darlings got all upset over the council cutting the grass

[Post edited 24 Jan 2020 12:28]

A group came to the site on Thursday (28 January) This is old news or they have a time machine.

Last time the 28th fell on a Thursday in Jan was 2016.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2020 12:54]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Warren Farm on 12:52 - Jan 24 with 1781 viewskingo

Warren Farm on 12:48 - Jan 24 by 2Thomas2Bowles

A group came to the site on Thursday (28 January) This is old news or they have a time machine.

Last time the 28th fell on a Thursday in Jan was 2016.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2020 12:54]

I noticed that. We don’t stand a chance if they have Dr Who on their side.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Warren Farm on 13:10 - Jan 24 with 1709 viewsJuzzie

Warren Farm on 02:04 - Jan 24 by Benny_the_Ball

No offence Juzzie but if you bothered to read the thread you'd know that this is absolutely not the case. Preparatory work was taking place in parallel with legal proceedings and work was expected to start early 2019. It was all in the 2018 fans forum which Clive published on this very site back in November 2018:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/49022/les-staying-
[Post edited 24 Jan 2020 20:58]

None taken. I was just trying to get a bite from the Brentford fan
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024