Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction 12:25 - Mar 18 with 18437 viewsthemodfather

if mentioned elsewhere, sorry, brum reportedly facing a 12 pt deduction ( I missed the start of the report but think its ffp and signings related) ssn said it's not clear if any reduction is this season or next.
and Bolton must be close to admin, they seem to pay the players late, at best.
ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 19:48 - Mar 18 with 2888 viewsRoller

QPR's financial year actually runs up until 31st May and they then have up to 9 months to submit their audited accounts to Companies House. This then fits in with all clubs having to submit their Future Financial Information, their projections for the current season, to the EFL on 1st March for evaluation in conjunction with the last two sets of audited accounts. What the EFL do then is anybody's guess.
ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 20:56 - Mar 18 with 2733 viewsthemodfather

most fans hate clubs buying success, we have seen the top 6 spend spend spend and get stronger and richer, fair play surely was to close gaps and not kill off clubs and ambitions? unless of course to just allow the top clubs to form new leagues and save themselves?
remember our 'arry telling media at manure, " we spent around £50m buying a squad to try and stay up.....utd have one player today worth more than that" not verbatim but close....that day they had dimaria £75m and rojas £55m, fair play? there have to be rules but the rules should be changed if not exactly helping the game and clubs, and fans!
ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 22:42 - Mar 18 with 2574 viewsLoftgirl

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 13:09 - Mar 18 by Rs_Holy

I'd love to know what Harry Candle Face has to say about this mess?

They were down to bare bones.
ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 23:05 - Mar 18 with 2548 viewsRs_Holy

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 16:54 - Mar 18 by Antti_Heinola

Dave and others can offer up a defence, but the fact is his record everywhere is terrible. Few know (or remember) that he almost terminated Bournemouth too. Then he did the same at West Ham. And Pompey. And us. And Birmingham. And he relegated Southampton. It cannot just be coincidence I'm afraid.

It does seem strange that apart from an FA Cup the bloke won naff all as a manager and yet was held in such high regard??? He was even being earmarked as a future England manager at one point.
I think chairman were often seduced by this con man! I remember an interview with Sky when he was saying that he couldn't turn bad players into good ones at birmingham and with his new signings (14 in one transfer window) he was convinced they would make the playoffs that season.... its the sort of stuff chairmen want to hear and it is no doubt very exciting in the early stages before they realise they've been had.
ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 23:48 - Mar 18 with 2510 viewsdaveB

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 23:05 - Mar 18 by Rs_Holy

It does seem strange that apart from an FA Cup the bloke won naff all as a manager and yet was held in such high regard??? He was even being earmarked as a future England manager at one point.
I think chairman were often seduced by this con man! I remember an interview with Sky when he was saying that he couldn't turn bad players into good ones at birmingham and with his new signings (14 in one transfer window) he was convinced they would make the playoffs that season.... its the sort of stuff chairmen want to hear and it is no doubt very exciting in the early stages before they realise they've been had.

very few English managers have won things in the last 20 years, he's held in higher esteem than others due to neutrals and journalists not really caring about what happened after he left a club, they look at the job he did and if you look at Portsmouth the day he took over down the bottom of the championship to when he left a top half premier league since in Europe and winning a cup it looks a brilliant job. of course the financial problems that followed should be taken into account but are only really cared about by fans of that club.

Also at Spurs he got them into the top 4 and is the only English manager to do that since Bobby Robson so again was always going to be linked with the England job because the other option was Hodgson who had failed badly when he got a shot at Liverpool and was seen as boring. I think if he had got the England job it would have gone the same way as Allardyce and seen him sacked in disgrace when the media looked into him.
ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 06:55 - Mar 19 with 2416 viewsdavman

... anyway, back to the OP...

What's the chances that the EFL actually end up doing nothing to Brum? I can't help but feel that may end up being the case.

With our punishment, at least there were legal challenges, so they needed to let them go through the courts.

I wonder if Brum is going down that path too?

Set rules, check compliance, issue punishment. If it can't be that quick then it doesn't work.

Will they scrap these rules before our club totally breaks is the big question...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 08:47 - Mar 19 with 2302 viewsblacky200

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 23:48 - Mar 18 by daveB

very few English managers have won things in the last 20 years, he's held in higher esteem than others due to neutrals and journalists not really caring about what happened after he left a club, they look at the job he did and if you look at Portsmouth the day he took over down the bottom of the championship to when he left a top half premier league since in Europe and winning a cup it looks a brilliant job. of course the financial problems that followed should be taken into account but are only really cared about by fans of that club.

Also at Spurs he got them into the top 4 and is the only English manager to do that since Bobby Robson so again was always going to be linked with the England job because the other option was Hodgson who had failed badly when he got a shot at Liverpool and was seen as boring. I think if he had got the England job it would have gone the same way as Allardyce and seen him sacked in disgrace when the media looked into him.

Never understood the myth that Harry was a miracle worker. Harry at Spurs had a squad in place that were clearly not playing for the previous manager and wanted him out. Harry comes in and it's all friendly with the squad and they responded. With the team he had there I reckon I could of got them up there. All the other clubs he's been at he seems to have bought his way up and left them up the proverbial creak without a paddle at the end.
Back to the OP and the football league have to sort this mess out. How is it fair that we end up with a massive fine and Birmingham get away with it. A 12 point deduction may well put them in the mix for relegation but the results they have been getting will mean that they will comfortably stay up.
ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 08:55 - Mar 19 with 2282 viewsCiderwithRsie

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 14:09 - Mar 18 by daveB

clubs could have always said no to letting him spend money the clubs didn't have. Spurs managed to do that

Or not employed him in the first place.

I don't think there's been any excuse for anyone (including Fernandes or us) trusting him with cash since the 2006 Panorama thing ate the absolute latest - even the FA suits knew better than to give him the England job.

As you say, Spurs seem to have known what they were doing with him. It's often not how you run a club, it's how well you do it.
Login to get fewer ads

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 09:03 - Mar 19 with 2266 viewsTheChef

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 17:36 - Mar 18 by daveB

easy answer is don't employ him, when Hughes went no one would have been shocked that redknapp wanted to spend big money, could see it coming long before hughes was sacked he had his eye on us talking about us on MOTD and on the gold course. Problem we had was we had already spent a fortune with no relegation release clause so that was one last throw of the dice to avoid going down and a meltdown. Brilliantly we managed to make things worse.

You can probably blame Fernandes and Beard - imagine the stringent interview process Redknapp went through...

Don't forget we had to act quick as he was on the verge of taking the Ukraine job.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 09:33 - Mar 19 with 2211 viewsNorthernr

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 06:55 - Mar 19 by davman

... anyway, back to the OP...

What's the chances that the EFL actually end up doing nothing to Brum? I can't help but feel that may end up being the case.

With our punishment, at least there were legal challenges, so they needed to let them go through the courts.

I wonder if Brum is going down that path too?

Set rules, check compliance, issue punishment. If it can't be that quick then it doesn't work.

Will they scrap these rules before our club totally breaks is the big question...

If they do nothing to Birmingham the rules will immediately collapse. Everybody will just ignore them. Their breach was as blatant and deliberate as ours and then having been placed under an embargo they ignored it.
ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 09:35 - Mar 19 with 2205 viewsNorthernr

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 23:05 - Mar 18 by Rs_Holy

Because one thing he is good at is courting and playing the media. His public image is way above where it should be for his achievements and behaviour because the coverage he gets is sycophantic bolox mainly.
ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 09:38 - Mar 19 with 2194 viewsqpr1976

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 22:42 - Mar 18 by Loftgirl

They were down to bare bones.

Feel like a good time to drag this one out again.....
After walking (?!) away from us for a jnee op that still hasn’t happened, Redknapp publicly stated “he’d only made 1 or 2 signings” for us.....

Redknapp’s ‘1 or 2 signings’ in full.
Assou Ekotto Loan
Charlie Austin £4m
Yossi Benayouin Short term contract
Tom Carroll Loan
Javier Chevanton Short term contract
Kevin Doyle Loan
Richard Dunne Ffree
Karl Henry £500k
Aaron Hughes Free
Will Keane Loan
Niko Kranjcar Loan
Mobido Maiga Loan
Ravel Morrison Loan
Gary O’Neil Free
Oguchi Onyewu Short term contract
Matt Phillips £5m
Danny Simpson Free
Coll Donaldson £150k
Ben Pattie Free
Guilherme Dellatorre Loan
Total 20
8 loans, 3 on short term contract
5 Free & 4 buys costing just <£10m

Charlatan
ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 09:49 - Mar 19 with 2166 viewsTW_R

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 09:33 - Mar 19 by Northernr

If they do nothing to Birmingham the rules will immediately collapse. Everybody will just ignore them. Their breach was as blatant and deliberate as ours and then having been placed under an embargo they ignored it.

And I suspect they will sued by a number of clubs who have been hit with fines etc. Maybe we can get our money back!
ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 09:53 - Mar 19 with 2155 viewsdannyblue

I have a little bit of an inside track on this one.

The owners didn't care or didn't know about the restrictions. They promised Harry a pot of £22.5m to get him on board. When it was made clear to them this would breach the rules, they felt they had to honour their commitment to Harry. Moreover Harry told them the players were great and they would increase in value so not to worry. The plan was, if they weren't promoted, to sell the players at the end of the three year cycle for a profit. Surprisingly it didn't quite work out like that.
ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 10:07 - Mar 19 with 2125 viewsPunteR

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 09:38 - Mar 19 by qpr1976

After walking (?!) away from us for a jnee op that still hasn’t happened, Redknapp publicly stated “he’d only made 1 or 2 signings” for us.....

Assou Ekotto Loan
Charlie Austin £4m
Tom Carroll Loan
Kevin Doyle Loan
Richard Dunne Ffree
Karl Henry £500k
Aaron Hughes Free
Will Keane Loan
Niko Kranjcar Loan
Mobido Maiga Loan
Ravel Morrison Loan
Gary O’Neil Free
Matt Phillips £5m
Danny Simpson Free
Coll Donaldson £150k
Ben Pattie Free
Total 20

Charlatan

Theres some very good signings in there. Austin, Phillips,Simpson are good Carroll on loan is a good shout. Dunne on a free but his wages must have been astronomical. Kranjcar and Morrison were good footballers but fitness and attitude were terrible. Liked Doyle as well but past his best and played out of position mostly i seem to recall. Even O neil wasn't a bad player.
Theres some utter garbage in there as well though.
That list cant be all the players he signed.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 10:09 - Mar 19 with 2119 viewsTheChef

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 09:53 - Mar 19 by dannyblue

The owners didn't care or didn't know about the restrictions. They promised Harry a pot of £22.5m to get him on board. When it was made clear to them this would breach the rules, they felt they had to honour their commitment to Harry. Moreover Harry told them the players were great and they would increase in value so not to worry. The plan was, if they weren't promoted, to sell the players at the end of the three year cycle for a profit. Surprisingly it didn't quite work out like that.

Pfft honour their commitment to him rather than protect the club? That would explain a lot about our current predicament.

I'd have told him to fack orf.

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 10:12 - Mar 19 with 2107 viewsPunteR

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 09:53 - Mar 19 by dannyblue

That old chestnut!

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 10:14 - Mar 19 with 2098 viewsMick_S

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 10:09 - Mar 19 by TheChef

Pfft honour their commitment to him rather than protect the club? That would explain a lot about our current predicament.

I'd have told him to fack orf.

Back at ya!

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 10:21 - Mar 19 with 2074 viewsNorthernr

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 10:07 - Mar 19 by PunteR

Theres some very good signings in there. Austin, Phillips,Simpson are good Carroll on loan is a good shout. Dunne on a free but his wages must have been astronomical. Kranjcar and Morrison were good footballers but fitness and attitude were terrible. Liked Doyle as well but past his best and played out of position mostly i seem to recall. Even O neil wasn't a bad player.
Theres some utter garbage in there as well though.
That list cant be all the players he signed.

No that was just the Championship season. And their fcking ought to be some good signings on there for a wage bill of £76m for the season.
ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 10:42 - Mar 19 with 2020 viewsterryb

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 09:38 - Mar 19 by qpr1976

Assou Ekotto Loan
Charlie Austin £4m
Tom Carroll Loan
Kevin Doyle Loan
Richard Dunne Ffree
Karl Henry £500k
Aaron Hughes Free
Will Keane Loan
Niko Kranjcar Loan
Mobido Maiga Loan
Ravel Morrison Loan
Gary O’Neil Free
Matt Phillips £5m
Danny Simpson Free
Coll Donaldson £150k
Ben Pattie Free
Total 20

Charlatan

According to Wiki Rangers signed a lot more players than those listed while 'arold was manager - 23 transferred in & 13 loaned:-

Jan 2013 - Ben Haim, Remy, Suk-Young, Samba, Jenas, *Townsend

2013/14 - Simpson, Dunne, Henry, Austin, O'Neill, Phillips, Chevation, Onyewu, Benayoun, Donaldson, Hughes, *Assou-Ekoto, *Carroll, *Kranjcar, *Dellatore, *Doyle, *Keane, *Maiga, *Morrison

2014/15 - Ferdinand, Caulker, Mutch, Fer, Robinson, McCarthy, Sandro, *Isla, *Vargas,-*Kranjcar, *Zarate

*players on loan
ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 10:44 - Mar 19 with 2015 viewsAntti_Heinola

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 10:21 - Mar 19 by Northernr

No that was just the Championship season. And their fcking ought to be some good signings on there for a wage bill of £76m for the season.

Indeed. How he possibly could've spotted the potential in 27-goal-a-season striker Charlie Austin is beyond me. Except he didn't want Charlie did he? He wanted Hooper, who proceeded to have two or three absolute dogs of seasons.
He had no idea what to do with Carroll. Most of his signings were completely unnecessary. Essentially, an experienced defence and Austin got us up. Without Austin we would've finished about 8th.

Bare bones.

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 11:03 - Mar 19 with 1982 viewsPunteR

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 10:42 - Mar 19 by terryb

According to Wiki Rangers signed a lot more players than those listed while 'arold was manager - 23 transferred in & 13 loaned:-

2013/14 - Simpson, Dunne, Henry, Austin, O'Neill, Phillips, Chevation, Onyewu, Benayoun, Donaldson, Hughes, *Assou-Ekoto, *Carroll, *Kranjcar, *Dellatore, *Doyle, *Keane, *Maiga, *Morrison

2014/15 - Ferdinand, Caulker, Mutch, Fer, Robinson, McCarthy, Sandro, *Isla, *Vargas,-*Kranjcar, *Zarate

*players on loan

Mccarthy
Simpson Dunne Ferdinand Assou-Ekoto
Townsend Sandro Carroll Kranjcar
Remy Austin

Just for giggles my 1 to 11 . If they all were in their prime. That midfield looks a bit Spursy

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 11:11 - Mar 19 with 1965 viewsTheChef

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 10:42 - Mar 19 by terryb

*players on loan

Jesus wept.

Those 14/15 signings are a complete car crash, and yet at the time we thought they looked vaguely sensible.

Of that lot, the only ones you could argue were successful or performed consistently were Simpson, Dunne and Austin.

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 11:15 - Mar 19 with 1961 viewsAntti_Heinola

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 11:11 - Mar 19 by TheChef

Jesus wept.

Those 14/15 signings are a complete car crash, and yet at the time we thought they looked vaguely sensible.

Of that lot, the only ones you could argue were successful or performed consistently were Simpson, Dunne and Austin.

People forget, because he was superb in the play off final, that Dunne had a fairly torrid second half of the season that year. Onuoha and Hill were the better pairing after Xmas.

Bare bones.

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 11:27 - Mar 19 with 1916 viewsdaveB

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 11:11 - Mar 19 by TheChef

Jesus wept.

At the time I thought those signings were really good. We got players with real potential and sell on values such as Caulker, Mutch and Fer and they turned out to be absolutely shit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024