Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction 12:25 - Mar 18 with 18444 viewsthemodfather

if mentioned elsewhere, sorry, brum reportedly facing a 12 pt deduction ( I missed the start of the report but think its ffp and signings related) ssn said it's not clear if any reduction is this season or next.
and Bolton must be close to admin, they seem to pay the players late, at best.
ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 13:26 - Mar 22 with 2732 viewsterryb

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 12:36 - Mar 22 by Northernr

9 points is a joke for Birmingham. They breached it Redknapp style and then ignored their transfer embargo to sign another player. If that's only nine points, which means nothing to them on the league ladder, then really what's the point in anybody else complying?

I don't know, but suspect that nine points is the outcome as Brum won't appeal this total., whereas they would have for twelve.

This theory will be blown to pieces if they do appeal!

IMO, nine is not enough, but some of the posters stating that leaves them avoiding relegation are posters who insist we are still involved in a relegation battle!
ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 13:33 - Mar 22 with 2692 viewsQPR_Jim

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 12:34 - Mar 22 by actonman

Well that’s quite hard to take , 9 points from them at this stage of the season is about as harsh as gtting told off by one of you’re kids for letting out a little swear word

Meanwhile we get to see our club spiral into oblivion with our hands tied behind our backs for the next god knows how many years

Football league is a joke

I take that as an untying of hands, go and spend £37m if we get promoted great if not make sure the new squad with the £37m investment has a 9 point buffer to the relegation places. Seems less risky than selling freeman and hoping we stay up.
ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 13:33 - Mar 22 with 2689 viewsPunteR

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 13:19 - Mar 22 by terryb

We had to sign up for it or not rejoin the Football league. This applies to our two relegations from the Premier.

You can't be relegated to the EFL & not accept to the rules they have in place.

I'm sure nobody would have been happy for us to say f*** you , we're joining The Conference!

Its ridiculous we signed up for it then deliberately ignored the rules.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 15:41 - Mar 22 with 2436 viewsDejR_vu

Given how difficult it is for us in particular to comply with FFP, given the high costs of the stadium relative to others and lack of non-matchday revenue, we may as well just ignore FFP. If Brum only get 9 points for a breach when they've wilfully ignored an embargo, surely the FL can't hand out anything more than 4 or 5 points for a 'normal' breach.

It is an utter joke. I appreciate the specific rules have changed but we've been handed a punishment that will afflict us for 10 years plus, yet Brum effectively get away scot free, all under the same framework. Criminal.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2019 15:59]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 16:33 - Mar 22 with 2298 viewsBoston

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 13:33 - Mar 22 by PunteR

Its ridiculous we signed up for it then deliberately ignored the rules.

We’re Queens Park Rangers, we do what want.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 16:37 - Mar 22 with 2289 viewsNorthernr

Some of the stuff in the judgement is superb. So apparently a breach of £8m-£10m means a seven point deduction - who knew? The aggravating factor of signing a player during an embargo is, apparently, worth another three points. Which is ten. But they knocked one off that for good behaviour, because Birmingham admitted it, which is ridiculous, because you can't exactly hide it can you? It's in the fcking accounts.

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 16:41 - Mar 22 with 2270 viewsTheChef

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 12:55 - Mar 22 by Northernr

On a betting front somebody on my Twitter points out that they're currently 12/1 to go down and their next three matches are West brom, Sheff Utd and leeds. Even if you don't think they will it might be worth getting on and then the cash-out option might be quite attractive if they lose those three. They've lost their last four without scoring a goal.

Good opportunity tomorrow for Jeff and the Sky Bet boys to start pumping the market on that one. No conflict of interest there obviously.

When the fun stops, stop.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 17:38 - Mar 22 with 2143 viewsridethewave

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 16:41 - Mar 22 by TheChef

Good opportunity tomorrow for Jeff and the Sky Bet boys to start pumping the market on that one. No conflict of interest there obviously.

When the fun stops, stop.

Genuinely, I can’t see that it’s worth complying with FFP now. We may as well spend enough on a few key signings and on keeping Freeman, and make a push for the playoffs.
Login to get fewer ads

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 17:43 - Mar 22 with 2120 viewsBostonR

This decision will open the floodgates and clubs will now simply ignore the FFP rules. I hope Amit is considering some form of formal review on our ruling, even though the rules were different.
This fails the "reasonable" test in law. I would simply notify the FL that we are placing future payments in abeyance pending a review - judicial if need be.
ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 18:43 - Mar 22 with 1986 viewsmartiyatsia

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 13:39 - Mar 18 by johnhoop

Yeah but when we refused to open the cheque book for him in that January transfer window he walked ( or rather hobbled away on his supposedly dodgy knees). He’s been partially or wholly responsible for ruining three cubs, Portsmouth, us and now Birmingham. Yet tonight he’s the nation’s favourite football manager on TV, starring in some load of shite with an audience of millions.

Shades of Faurlingate isn't it. You have to feel for the Brum fans not knowing if they are in a relegation scrap or not. https://vidmate.vet/ https://downloader.vip/itunes/ https://notepad.software/
[Post edited 22 Mar 2019 19:53]
ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 19:37 - Mar 22 with 1886 viewsted_hendrix

I truthfully haven't got a clue anymore now, this is after yesterday when I truthfully didn't have a clue then.
It's ridiculous the whole goddam thing, you have to ask yourself what's the bloody point of it all.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 20:01 - Mar 22 with 1830 viewsDejR_vu

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 19:37 - Mar 22 by ted_hendrix

I truthfully haven't got a clue anymore now, this is after yesterday when I truthfully didn't have a clue then.
It's ridiculous the whole goddam thing, you have to ask yourself what's the bloody point of it all.

Pretty much done with football. The authorities have destroyed it. It’s not a sporting contest anymore.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 20:13 - Mar 22 with 1806 viewsdistortR

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 16:37 - Mar 22 by Northernr

Some of the stuff in the judgement is superb. So apparently a breach of £8m-£10m means a seven point deduction - who knew? The aggravating factor of signing a player during an embargo is, apparently, worth another three points. Which is ten. But they knocked one off that for good behaviour, because Birmingham admitted it, which is ridiculous, because you can't exactly hide it can you? It's in the fcking accounts.

presumably they had to register the player they signed while under embargo?

Wiki'd it, EFL registered him after a bit of a sulk.

Still, the efl wouldn't have known about if Birmingham hadn't tried to register him, which is worth a point in any language
[Post edited 22 Mar 2019 20:41]
ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 21:46 - Mar 22 with 1684 viewsManinBlack

ssn brum facing 12 pts deduction on 17:38 - Mar 22 by ridethewave

Genuinely, I can’t see that it’s worth complying with FFP now. We may as well spend enough on a few key signings and on keeping Freeman, and make a push for the playoffs.

I wouldn't trust the EFL if we do that. They will probably decide that as we offended before, wilfully flouting their rules a second time, would lead to an 18 points deduction for re-offending. Also taking into consideration we are a smaller club so we receive harsher treatment as they only want the bigger clubs in the Championship or so it seems...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024