Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby County beat FFP 14:33 - Apr 2 with 7857 viewsBAWHoops

They made a massive profit because they sold their stadium to their chairman.

So there's nothing to stop QPR selling LR to Tune Group for an over inflated fee, becoming tenants and then using the money to invest back into the club

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Derby County beat FFP on 20:20 - Apr 12 with 2896 viewsQPR_John

Derby County beat FFP on 15:36 - Apr 3 by qprd

You seem to be a bit confused

qpr is similar to derby in its mismanagement of its finances and wages

qpr in theory has a long term strategy on a stadium, which is being blocked by the council. derby and other clubs who follow derby's approach to comply with FFP are shifting assets away from the club, which reduces their long-term viability and actually makes them more likely to go bust for the reasons i stated above (which is against the spirit of FFP)

They're only shifting assets away from the club if they do not buy back their ground. See my post above
Derby County beat FFP on 22:26 - Apr 12 with 2767 viewscolinallcars

Derby County beat FFP on 20:20 - Apr 12 by QPR_John

They're only shifting assets away from the club if they do not buy back their ground. See my post above

Didn't Man City do domething like selling the naming rights of a stand for about 17 million and buying it back for i million ?
Derby County beat FFP on 09:02 - Apr 16 with 2501 viewsR_from_afar

The Middlesbrough chairman is not happy about this either and has waded in:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/04/15/middlesbrough-chairman-steve-gib

Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson is demanding an English Football League investigation into the financial conduct of three Championship rivals.

Gibson wants the EFL to scrutinise Derby County, Aston Villa and Sheffield Wednesday over what he believes to be breaches of financial regulations, in a move which could trigger a bitter dispute between the clubs.

The 61-year-old is insisting the three clubs are attempting to bypass the new profitability and sustainability rules by unfair means, and he has arranged a special meeting of all Championship clubs for a week on Wednesday.

Gibson is understood to be “furious” that Middlesbrough have sold over £40 million worth of players, including Adama Traore, Ben Gibson and Patrick Bamford, to balance the books, while in his view other clubs are manipulating the rules by allocating some costs to stay in line.

Derby, for example, recently sold their Pride Park stadium to owner Mel Morris and then leased it back to ensure the club recorded a profit in their 2017/18 accounts.

Sources at Derby insist they have been fully compliant with the new profitability and sustainability rules and do not fear a similar fate to Birmingham, who were docked nine points by the EFL last month.

But Derby are said to be operating under a “soft transfer embargo”, which is preventing them from registering Aberdeen captain Graeme Shinnie.

The midfielder held talks with Derby last week but cannot sign a pre-contract at this stage, as the club’s accounts are being looked at by the EFL.

It is understood the embargo should be lifted later this week, however, enabling Derby manager Frank Lampard to make Shinnie his first signing ahead of next season.

Villa, who are five points ahead of Middlesbrough in the table, have declined to comment. Wednesday owner Dejphon Chansiri admitted in January they could be placed under a transfer embargo.

Gibson will address the issue at the meeting with representatives from the other 23 clubs, and has also contacted the EFL to register his concerns.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Derby County beat FFP on 09:21 - Apr 16 with 2444 viewsLblock

Respect to Gibson

He’s always struck me as a decent club owner and reminds me of Tom Hanks for some reason
I don’t know what he’s done to deserve Pulis serving up the slop they’re getting

Love it if Derby come a cropper but as they don’t play in hoops I very much doubt they will.
Not sure what method Villa are using to circumvent the rules

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Derby County beat FFP on 09:22 - Apr 16 with 2436 viewsNorthernr

Gibson absolutely right. Rules are a mess, zero leadership from the league, clubs taking advantage and taking the pis.
Derby County beat FFP on 10:25 - Apr 16 with 2288 viewsNortholt_Rs

Derby County beat FFP on 09:22 - Apr 16 by Northernr

Gibson absolutely right. Rules are a mess, zero leadership from the league, clubs taking advantage and taking the pis.

Why didn’t our hierarchy call this out though? The stunt by Derby is just outrageous. Why have FFP at all if clubs can simply flout the rules with this kinda BS?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Derby County beat FFP on 10:41 - Apr 16 with 2260 viewsozexile

Derby County beat FFP on 10:25 - Apr 16 by Northolt_Rs

Why didn’t our hierarchy call this out though? The stunt by Derby is just outrageous. Why have FFP at all if clubs can simply flout the rules with this kinda BS?

It's a complete mess. If all the clubs united I'm sure they could do away with it. We live in a capitalist country if a business owner wants to invest and grow their business how can it be illegal?
And yes I know about shady characters taking over clubs and asset stripping. But there must be a way of preventing that.
Derby County beat FFP on 11:06 - Apr 16 with 2194 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Is this for real?

Sell the house and then rent to ourselves it so we can buy the likes of Bosingwa again?

Derby have made a HUGE mistake. I despair.

Fan ownership of football clubs is the only way we can create a fair playing field and stop financial doping.

If you leave it in the hands of speculators expect your football club to be fair game as a saleable assets.

League One (or Two!) is 1000x preferable to a situation where we are flogging off the family silver for short term buys.

[Post edited 16 Apr 2019 12:20]
Login to get fewer ads

Derby County beat FFP on 11:37 - Apr 16 with 2101 viewskensalriser

Derby fans should be up in arms at that trick. Perhaps they don't remember Ron Noades or Sam Hamman.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Derby County beat FFP on 12:26 - Apr 16 with 2004 viewsDorse

Derby County beat FFP on 11:37 - Apr 16 by kensalriser

Derby fans should be up in arms at that trick. Perhaps they don't remember Ron Noades or Sam Hamman.

Blimey, that sent shivers down my spine.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Derby County beat FFP on 12:38 - Apr 16 with 1979 viewsRangersDave

A points deduction, such as Birminghams pitiful 'fine' recently is only any use if it actually is a punishment. It isnt hurting them really, its an inconvenience.

Maybe it should be commensurate with your league position....i.e. if your 35 points above the relegation zone, you should be fined enough points to automatically put you either bottom or second from bottom.

And it should be an immediate fine of points, not a season further down the line or so.

That would concentrate the minds somewhat.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Derby County beat FFP on 12:55 - Apr 16 with 1927 viewsKonk

I don't know about everyone else, but when I was about four, I used to watch my Dad and my eldest brother poring over a set of accounts, and I would ask them what they were doing. My Dad would pop me on his lap and talk my through the balance sheet, explaining the concept of player amortisation as we looked on in wonder. I was hooked.

The most magical day of the year was the day on which the accounts for the previous year were published. We would rush to school and by 08:30, the playground would be awash with balance sheet analysis and heated debate about whether or not the club had artificially inflated their sponsorship deals. Good times. Thank God for FFP - not only has it completely and utterly failed to introduce any element of fairness and achieved the opposite, but it's also got everyone arguing about football finances. Magic.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Derby County beat FFP on 13:03 - Apr 16 with 1888 viewsjonno

Derby County beat FFP on 13:23 - Apr 3 by QPR_John

Infrastructure is not part of FFP. So Derby sell their ground for £80M hence making a profit for FFP purposes. Then immediately, or at least after a respectable time, buy it back for £80M which now does not count as a debt as it is for infrastructure. I wonder if the FL have this covered

That being the case, why don't we rent the stadium to the owners for 100 million sovs a year then use that income to improve the squad?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024