Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Extended Holloway doc 07:47 - Apr 8 with 13826 viewsNorthernr

90 mins on his career in football with big QPR fan and thoroughly decent lad James Allcott. I know Ollie isn't everybody's cup of tea but there's loads of good stuff in here and James is one of us.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Extended Holloway doc on 08:06 - Apr 8 with 8540 viewsenfieldargh

got an error message on link

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Extended Holloway doc on 08:21 - Apr 8 with 8497 viewsDejR_vu

Extended Holloway doc on 08:06 - Apr 8 by enfieldargh

got an error message on link

Same

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Extended Holloway doc on 08:23 - Apr 8 with 8485 viewsShotKneesHoop

Sums up Ollie's short stay with us last year, We need someone who cares just a bit right now.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Extended Holloway doc on 08:28 - Apr 8 with 8443 views2Thomas2Bowles

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Extended Holloway doc on 08:33 - Apr 8 with 8451 viewsDejR_vu

Extended Holloway doc on 08:28 - Apr 8 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Extended Holloway doc on 09:02 - Apr 8 with 8387 viewsRs_Holy

Extended Holloway doc on 08:23 - Apr 8 by ShotKneesHoop

Sums up Ollie's short stay with us last year, We need someone who cares just a bit right now.

It does p*ss me off the amount of fans who have a dislike for Ollie! ... He loves our club and sometimes gets a bit over passionate but Christ Almighty give me that any day of the week.
So in summary (and apologies for yet another Ollie post)...
* Played in a great QPR team in the 90s and always gave 100%
* Managed the team from the lowest point it had been since the mid 1960's to promotion and a secure position in the Championship
* Managed again/ offloaded a lot a dead wood/achieved survival in the Championship whilst bringing in a number of young players (and not relying on loan players from the Prem).
Extended Holloway doc on 09:07 - Apr 8 with 8373 viewssmegma

Extended Holloway doc on 09:02 - Apr 8 by Rs_Holy

It does p*ss me off the amount of fans who have a dislike for Ollie! ... He loves our club and sometimes gets a bit over passionate but Christ Almighty give me that any day of the week.
* Managed the team from the lowest point it had been since the mid 1960's to promotion and a secure position in the Championship
* Managed again/ offloaded a lot a dead wood/achieved survival in the Championship whilst bringing in a number of young players (and not relying on loan players from the Prem).

Your vitriol should be aimed at the club owners
Extended Holloway doc on 09:21 - Apr 8 with 8354 viewsDixie_CT

Extended Holloway doc on 09:07 - Apr 8 by smegma

Your vitriol should be aimed at the club owners

Some people don't even realise who the owners are. 51% is Ruban, 45% Tony & Karaumdin and 3% Mittals.

You then have Amit, Lee Hoos & Les Ferdinand. Is it little wonder we get a change of direction and strategy once or twice a season?

90 minute interview with Olly. How fitting!
It's a shame Olly became an angry parody of himself because I used to love him. He seems to have a few scars.
No doubting he is an R.
Login to get fewer ads

Extended Holloway doc on 09:41 - Apr 8 with 8311 viewsfrancisbowles

Extended Holloway doc on 09:21 - Apr 8 by Dixie_CT

Some people don't even realise who the owners are. 51% is Ruban, 45% Tony & Karaumdin and 3% Mittals.

You then have Amit, Lee Hoos & Les Ferdinand. Is it little wonder we get a change of direction and strategy once or twice a season?

90 minute interview with Olly. How fitting!
It's a shame Olly became an angry parody of himself because I used to love him. He seems to have a few scars.
No doubting he is an R.

Mittal's 3%? Source?

I thought they had reduced their holding from 33 to 25%
Extended Holloway doc on 09:47 - Apr 8 with 8280 viewsShotKneesHoop

You misinterpreted my post as being negative to Ollie, I was being positive. Short term someone like ollie or Bircham would be only one's to save us because they care about the club and the fans

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Extended Holloway doc on 10:02 - Apr 8 with 8243 viewsdaveB

Extended Holloway doc on 09:41 - Apr 8 by francisbowles

Mittal's 3%? Source?

I thought they had reduced their holding from 33 to 25%

Thats been in the accounts for a few years, Mittals down to 3%
Extended Holloway doc on 12:42 - Apr 8 with 8040 viewsDixie_CT

Extended Holloway doc on 10:02 - Apr 8 by daveB

Thats been in the accounts for a few years, Mittals down to 3%

They have stopped putting money in which sees their stake reduced year on year. Makes the Amit appointment strange.

I did hear they had a clause on their shares that even if they dropped to 0.0000001% there was a minimum buy out of £15m.

This is one of the reasons I don't buy the stance of Amit the saviour compared to Tony the villain. Stay off Twitter Tone but fair play to you and Karaumdin for still putting cash in.
Extended Holloway doc on 12:50 - Apr 8 with 8002 viewsblacky200

Absolutely love the bloke. Saw him come to the club as a player and turned around some of the support who could see what he gave to the team (had loads of arguments with supporters who used to slag him off). And greatly admired him to have the guts to come to us when we were deep in the mire and not only steady the ship but take us forward. QPR through and through but he really didn't seem the same bloke this time around. He looked tired of the whole thing and his jokey press conferences of old replaced by outbursts didn't do himself any favours.
But I will never slag him off. QPR legend through his career.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2019 12:51]
Extended Holloway doc on 13:24 - Apr 8 with 7923 viewsdaveB

That video was brilliant, fascinating about his time at Palace
Extended Holloway doc on 13:34 - Apr 8 with 7890 viewsToast_R

My take on Holloway, does he play up to the media in a way not too dissimilar to Redknapp ?

He knows the right things to say, what makes people laugh and all the honesty best policy stuff but a lot of that goes by the way side when he's manager.

I seem to remember when he came back here he was giving an honest assessment of himself, what he's learned and this great journey he's been on and all that raz-mataz and how he's wiser and no longer rants ant the officials blah blah blah - but wasn't long before he was berating them again.

He cares passionately about QPR and worships the club and all those soundbites but has still been taking his wage (which of course he's entitled to) for a year knowing the club are stretched to the rafters on their budget.

Is he all that?
Extended Holloway doc on 13:43 - Apr 8 with 7847 viewsMedwayR

Extended Holloway doc on 13:34 - Apr 8 by Toast_R

My take on Holloway, does he play up to the media in a way not too dissimilar to Redknapp ?

He knows the right things to say, what makes people laugh and all the honesty best policy stuff but a lot of that goes by the way side when he's manager.

I seem to remember when he came back here he was giving an honest assessment of himself, what he's learned and this great journey he's been on and all that raz-mataz and how he's wiser and no longer rants ant the officials blah blah blah - but wasn't long before he was berating them again.

He cares passionately about QPR and worships the club and all those soundbites but has still been taking his wage (which of course he's entitled to) for a year knowing the club are stretched to the rafters on their budget.

Is he all that?

If the club are stretched to the rafters on their budget then why do they keep spending millions on sacking managers and their staff who have (for the most part) fulfilled their remit.

All managers play up to the media, and all managers get wrapped up in their bubble when managing and end up berating referees, both are part of the job. The difference with Holloway is that he cares about the club.

Poll: Who’s better?

Extended Holloway doc on 13:46 - Apr 8 with 7838 viewsToast_R

Extended Holloway doc on 13:43 - Apr 8 by MedwayR

If the club are stretched to the rafters on their budget then why do they keep spending millions on sacking managers and their staff who have (for the most part) fulfilled their remit.

All managers play up to the media, and all managers get wrapped up in their bubble when managing and end up berating referees, both are part of the job. The difference with Holloway is that he cares about the club.

Because the owners or at least the bodies making those decision are f*cking incompetent.
Extended Holloway doc on 13:49 - Apr 8 with 7821 viewsdaveB

Is he all that?

of course he plays up to the media, that's part of his charm and also part of why some can't stand him, no different to Warnock as well.

I thought in his first spell he did an outstanding job and in his second spell I always said it would be looked back on more favorably after he had gone but plenty of fans didn't want him and wanted a more stable manager with less passion and a more analytical mind. As a club we usually do better with these kind of managers but they will always split opinion.
Extended Holloway doc on 14:04 - Apr 8 with 7762 viewsToast_R

Extended Holloway doc on 13:49 - Apr 8 by daveB

of course he plays up to the media, that's part of his charm and also part of why some can't stand him, no different to Warnock as well.

I thought in his first spell he did an outstanding job and in his second spell I always said it would be looked back on more favorably after he had gone but plenty of fans didn't want him and wanted a more stable manager with less passion and a more analytical mind. As a club we usually do better with these kind of managers but they will always split opinion.

Yeah me too, his first few years of his initial spell in charge was a major success and we all loved him. Still remember the team he put out against Celtic pre-season with the likes of Tyrell Forbes etc and it was an amazing breath of fresh air especially after the crap season before where the club were relegated and put into Admin. The fanboy in me got the better of me and I wrote him a letter of appreciation (Never got a reply I may add…) telling him what a great job he was doing.

But I do remember how stale he’d seemed to have got by 2005/06 and how no one was bothered when he went, to the contrary in fact. He’s like one of those loud gobby people in the office who you sit next to one time and you think their hilarious. But sit next to them for a month, you get to know them and you soon realize how annoying they are.
Extended Holloway doc on 14:33 - Apr 8 with 7694 views00calben

Can this be downloaded? Wouldn't mind a watch/listen on the tube?
Thanks
Extended Holloway doc on 14:56 - Apr 8 with 7629 viewsAntti_Heinola

Extended Holloway doc on 14:04 - Apr 8 by Toast_R

Yeah me too, his first few years of his initial spell in charge was a major success and we all loved him. Still remember the team he put out against Celtic pre-season with the likes of Tyrell Forbes etc and it was an amazing breath of fresh air especially after the crap season before where the club were relegated and put into Admin. The fanboy in me got the better of me and I wrote him a letter of appreciation (Never got a reply I may add…) telling him what a great job he was doing.

But I do remember how stale he’d seemed to have got by 2005/06 and how no one was bothered when he went, to the contrary in fact. He’s like one of those loud gobby people in the office who you sit next to one time and you think their hilarious. But sit next to them for a month, you get to know them and you soon realize how annoying they are.

'we all loved him' is a stretch. I spent years defending him on sites from people who always wanted him out. He's always had a lot of detractors, even when we were doing well.

Love the man but agree with you Toast, management gets to him too much and for his own sake I think he's better off out of it.

Bare bones.

Extended Holloway doc on 15:09 - Apr 8 with 7590 viewsCiderwithRsie

He was also (and this is starting to look better by the day) the only manager in years to get through a whole season without having to be sacked part way through, leaving us scrambling for a replacement.

(I've just checked that. He and De Canio were the only managers this effing century to move on in the summer. You have to go back to Don Howe for the one before that. Not Ollie's fault he didn't manage it twice, the garden leave fiasco was no fault of his.) By comparison Manchester United and Liverpool between them have done it four times out of 10 permanent managers in the same time - we've had 14 "permanents" and God knows how many caretakers.
Extended Holloway doc on 15:19 - Apr 8 with 7552 viewsmylot50years

Is he all that?

Spot on, he's no Lee Cook that's for sure and just like Redknapp loves the dollar no matter how it effects those paying it.
Love's the club when it suits him, Leicester City saga still fresh in my memory.
A self opinionated fake.
Extended Holloway doc on 15:39 - Apr 8 with 7505 viewsmikeyc01

Extended Holloway doc on 14:33 - Apr 8 by 00calben

Can this be downloaded? Wouldn't mind a watch/listen on the tube?
Thanks

It's available on Acast and Spotify as a podcast and can be downloaded from there
Extended Holloway doc on 15:41 - Apr 8 with 7474 views2Thomas2Bowles

Extended Holloway doc on 15:19 - Apr 8 by mylot50years

Spot on, he's no Lee Cook that's for sure and just like Redknapp loves the dollar no matter how it effects those paying it.
Love's the club when it suits him, Leicester City saga still fresh in my memory.
A self opinionated fake.

Well, it's people like you who's opinion get crap owners to do crap things that get us where we are today.
Well done.

Still no sign of Esox_Lucius since hair island left the building.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2019 15:51]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024