Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket World Cup thread. 10:09 - May 21 with 54446 viewsSnipper

Jofra Archer has been named in the squad, and rightly so. He offers genuine pace and he’s still relatively unknown to the other teams. I don’t agree with the omission of David Willey though. I wouldn’t have had Liam Dawson. But hey ho.

This is the first round robin CWC since Australia/New Zealand in 1992. For me, that was the best CWC. Australia were big favourites, but lost their first four games. England are big favourites for this one. Let’s hope we get off to a better start.

Come on England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 21:44 - Jul 14 with 1931 viewsHayesender

For most of the day, and the entire tournament, the missus was going on about how boring cricket is.

She was almost in tears at the end with the raw emotion of that game.

Best game in the world after football imo.

I was drained just watching it

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Cricket World Cup thread. on 22:00 - Jul 14 with 1867 viewsAntti_Heinola

Only just recovered. Never, ever seen anything like it. Absolutely phenomenal match, no one deserved to lose, England were unbelievably fortunate, yet Stokes was an absolute warrior. Feel so sorry for the Kiwis - they were superb in the field. But I've been looking forward to this tournament for the last few years and it's been amazing and England won a final. Absolutely wonderful.

Bare bones.

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:00 - Jul 14 with 1867 viewsstowmarketrange

Cricket World Cup thread. on 22:01 - Jul 14 with 1862 viewsAntti_Heinola

Cricket World Cup thread. on 19:50 - Jul 14 by qprd

Ben stokes... what a story .... to see how disconsolate he was after the t20 final when braithwaite smashes him around... to today

What an unbelievable performance

Credit to jos butler. The best odi batsman on this team, by a mile. He has a quiet tournament but to perform as he did today under immense pressure. The ramp shots he was hitting. No words

spot on. both times he played that i thought my heart was going to leap out of my throat. What balls that man has!

Bare bones.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 22:04 - Jul 14 with 1852 viewsted_hendrix

Neither England or New Zealand deserved to lose that game, stunning cricket at times from both teams and with five overs left I thought the Kiwi's had it in the bag.
You just couldn't have scripted it better for excitement or ending like it did.
Utmost respect to both teams and how Ben Stokes managed to keep going until the end I'll never know.
This game will be talked about probably forever.
Thanks for the entertainment.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 22:04 - Jul 14 with 1851 viewsWilloW4

Cricket World Cup thread. on 16:28 - Jul 14 by jonno

As I said, he just had to stick around, take no chances and bat sensibly for England to win. No chance for England now.

If you could say QPR will definitely get relegated then I know we'll be fine.... Well played England.!! Credit to NZ...a brilliant spectacle.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 22:11 - Jul 14 with 1829 viewsloftboy

Watched the NZ innings before going to work, listened on 5 live to England’s, All I have to say is...

GET THE FÛCK IN

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Cricket World Cup thread. on 22:13 - Jul 14 with 1821 viewsstowmarketrange

Where do you start on today’s game?How did we manage to get those runs in the last over?The kiwis in front of us thought it was a done deal.Nobody around us knew what the rules were on a super over so we didn’t know if we’d won,lost or tied it.It was only the England players celebrating that gave the game away.
A brilliant but nervous atmosphere with loads of other countries fans there to make it special.And worth every penny of the small fortune I paid for the ticket.There were loads of old blokes similar to me who probably thought that this was their last chance to see us win it in England,who paid similar prices to me.

There was even a volunteer steward who had a qpr phone case,who responded to a cry of U R’s with a wave.
A good day and I hope you all enjoyed it as much as this old fart did watching it live.
Now home for some much needed sleep after not getting home from Vienna until 1.30am and having to get up at 5am to make it back to London again for the cricket.
Login to get fewer ads

Cricket World Cup thread. on 22:25 - Jul 14 with 1759 viewsloftus77

Cricket World Cup thread. on 22:13 - Jul 14 by stowmarketrange

Where do you start on today’s game?How did we manage to get those runs in the last over?The kiwis in front of us thought it was a done deal.Nobody around us knew what the rules were on a super over so we didn’t know if we’d won,lost or tied it.It was only the England players celebrating that gave the game away.
A brilliant but nervous atmosphere with loads of other countries fans there to make it special.And worth every penny of the small fortune I paid for the ticket.There were loads of old blokes similar to me who probably thought that this was their last chance to see us win it in England,who paid similar prices to me.

There was even a volunteer steward who had a qpr phone case,who responded to a cry of U R’s with a wave.
A good day and I hope you all enjoyed it as much as this old fart did watching it live.
Now home for some much needed sleep after not getting home from Vienna until 1.30am and having to get up at 5am to make it back to London again for the cricket.

Great story - wish I'd been there.

Congratulations to England's cricket team - I remember '87 (should have won - Gatt reverse sweep) and 92 (probably could have won). Great to win it at last.

Now let's try and retain it overseas.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 22:26 - Jul 14 with 1754 viewsAntti_Heinola

Cricket World Cup thread. on 22:04 - Jul 14 by WilloW4

If you could say QPR will definitely get relegated then I know we'll be fine.... Well played England.!! Credit to NZ...a brilliant spectacle.

Another classic Jonno prediction!
To be fair, I felt the same at that stage ;)
But, yeah, Jonno, if you could keep up these gems for the season that would be great. And I really hope you're not a betting man, or your palatial Cyprus pad will soon be a hut or something.

Bare bones.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 23:01 - Jul 14 with 1657 viewsPommyhoop

Cricket World Cup thread. on 22:04 - Jul 14 by ted_hendrix

Neither England or New Zealand deserved to lose that game, stunning cricket at times from both teams and with five overs left I thought the Kiwi's had it in the bag.
You just couldn't have scripted it better for excitement or ending like it did.
Utmost respect to both teams and how Ben Stokes managed to keep going until the end I'll never know.
This game will be talked about probably forever.
Thanks for the entertainment.

'This game will be talked about probably forever.
Thanks for the entertainment.''

And yet over here is the sound of crickets chirping and a lone tumbleweed blowing down the High St

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 23:30 - Jul 14 with 1613 viewsHitch

England and Cricket were the winners.
Great to see top sport being played as it should be.
Credit to all involved.
Its feels like ...gutted.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 01:43 - Jul 15 with 1512 viewsozexile

Just an incredible incredible game. Never has a game ebbed and flowed like that.
Amazing amazing drama.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 02:10 - Jul 15 with 1499 viewsHooparoo

Happy for all you England fans. The England team must have been under enormous pressure when they lost two in a row but showed great resilience to regroup and win the trophy. The Kiwis can also hold their head high. For a small nation they really punch above their weight and never give in.

Well done to both teams. 😎

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Cricket World Cup thread. on 02:16 - Jul 15 with 1497 viewsKiwi76

Cricket World Cup thread. on 23:30 - Jul 14 by Hitch

England and Cricket were the winners.
Great to see top sport being played as it should be.
Credit to all involved.
Its feels like ...gutted.

Agreed .
But bollix to number of bloody 4’s!
England stuffed us in round robin & think that would’ve been better decider
Cricket World Cup thread. on 06:20 - Jul 15 with 1398 viewsLblock

Sir Ben Stokes....... that man loves drama

A copy of a WhatsApp I sent as we lost wickets cheaply:-
“Be classic if Stokes, after all he’s been through, hits the winning run in this WC Final”

I’m not a huge cricket fan but that edged me closer to being more of a convert.
I was shaking with emotion at the end and the missus reckoned I was scaring the dogs with all my shouting, swearing and elation

Proud of ‘em

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Cricket World Cup thread. on 06:24 - Jul 15 with 1397 viewsisawqpratwcity

Cricket World Cup thread. on 02:16 - Jul 15 by Kiwi76

Agreed .
But bollix to number of bloody 4’s!
England stuffed us in round robin & think that would’ve been better decider

Nah, f*ck that, the final is separate, otherwise why bother having finals at all?. How about the number of wickets taken?

Don't get me started on Law 34: "If a batsman hits the ball twice, other than for the sole purpose of protecting his wicket or with the consent of the opposition, he is out.
How can Stokes get two runs and then a boundary off the same ball?
[Post edited 15 Jul 2019 6:40]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Cricket World Cup thread. on 06:28 - Jul 15 with 1391 viewsQPR_Nippon

Cricket World Cup thread. on 22:13 - Jul 14 by stowmarketrange

Must have been amazing to be there - incredible day, topped off with a champagne super-over!
Cricket World Cup thread. on 07:09 - Jul 15 with 1357 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Cricket World Cup thread. on 06:24 - Jul 15 by isawqpratwcity

Nah, f*ck that, the final is separate, otherwise why bother having finals at all?. How about the number of wickets taken?

Don't get me started on Law 34: "If a batsman hits the ball twice, other than for the sole purpose of protecting his wicket or with the consent of the opposition, he is out.

So why were the runs allowed?
That puzzled me but I don't know all of the rules.

I really felt for the Kiwis but how many times has it been us as the unlucky ones over the years.

Amazing final. Dramatic.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 07:42 - Jul 15 with 1319 viewsLblock

Overthrow runs mate....... even a novice like me knows that.

He didn't intentionally defend his wicket, it was the best fluke deflection of all time.
As soon as that happened even a Neg-Head like myself started to believe.

Wonderful stuff.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Cricket World Cup thread. on 08:15 - Jul 15 with 1275 viewshorshamHoop

Tweet from Jimmy Neesham

"Kids, don’t take up sport. Take up baking or something. Die at 60 really fat and happy"

Got to feel for him and the Black cats -

What a game, I do not remember being as tense as that as a spectator for such a long period.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 08:16 - Jul 15 with 1273 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Cricket World Cup thread. on 07:42 - Jul 15 by Lblock

Overthrow runs mate....... even a novice like me knows that.

He didn't intentionally defend his wicket, it was the best fluke deflection of all time.
As soon as that happened even a Neg-Head like myself started to believe.

Wonderful stuff.

Yes, we were just discussing it. If you do it on purpose it is out but it was a freak incident (the type that usually goes against England or QPR)
Cricket World Cup thread. on 08:31 - Jul 15 with 1248 viewsRangersw12

One rule they should change is that anyone who cheats by using sandpaper should be banned from cricket for life
Cricket World Cup thread. on 08:49 - Jul 15 with 1195 viewsisawqpratwcity

Cricket World Cup thread. on 08:31 - Jul 15 by Rangersw12

One rule they should change is that anyone who cheats by using sandpaper should be banned from cricket for life

Would have been done and dusted by the 30th over without that bloke born in Christchurch.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Cricket World Cup thread. on 09:04 - Jul 15 with 1163 viewsstowmarketrange

Cricket World Cup thread. on 08:15 - Jul 15 by horshamHoop

Tweet from Jimmy Neesham

"Kids, don’t take up sport. Take up baking or something. Die at 60 really fat and happy"

Got to feel for him and the Black cats -

What a game, I do not remember being as tense as that as a spectator for such a long period.

The black caps deserve a lot of credit for their performance yesterday.They didn’t deserve to lose the game,certainly not in that way.
The 3 kiwis in front of us were stunned at the end.They weren’t sure of the rules either and thought they’d won until they saw the England team celebrating.

For those who say they are turning into cricket fans,it very,very rarely ever gets that exiting.It is mainly 6 hours of going through the motions for the last 30 minutes of excitement at the end,after a lot of the crowd have spent the previous 6 hours drinking.Don’t say you weren’t warned.

Great experience sometimes though,and you can meet people from all over the world and converse with them normally.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024