Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luongo.. 15:01 - Aug 3 with 21693 viewsFaurlinho

Not even on the bench today. Does that mean he is about to go?
Luongo.. on 08:49 - Aug 8 with 3054 viewsrsonist

I will admit something at the back of my mind was worried he'd yet be a moneyball bargain for some gegenpressing upstart side, that it was just stupid us and not him all along. But he's been on the market fully fit at a knockdown price for months now and the only offer on the table is a last minute sideways move to a stagnant outfit. Nuff said really. Forgot he ever existed on Saturday and so did you.
Luongo.. on 09:05 - Aug 8 with 2960 viewsStanFan

I'm in the "sorry to see him go" camp. Whilst I agree that he hasn't been the attacking threat that we'd hoped for, he has been solid and made us more solid as a team. He deserves our best wishes.
I assume that he is leaving because of our financial situation rather than because he isn't rated. Amos might be better but he'll be gone next season so we'll have to find a permanent replacement then. Hopefully our finances will be a bit better at that point if this really is the crunch season for us on FFP as we are told.
Luongo.. on 09:20 - Aug 8 with 2871 viewsDejR_vu

Luongo.. on 08:49 - Aug 8 by rsonist

I will admit something at the back of my mind was worried he'd yet be a moneyball bargain for some gegenpressing upstart side, that it was just stupid us and not him all along. But he's been on the market fully fit at a knockdown price for months now and the only offer on the table is a last minute sideways move to a stagnant outfit. Nuff said really. Forgot he ever existed on Saturday and so did you.

I think he’s just an average Championship player. He doesn’t score many goals, we concede for fun. We’ve been pretty crap throughout his whole time here so on occasion he’s been able to look decent because we’re poor. But, he’s never been a problem and always seems to try his best so deserves to go with our best wishes.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Luongo.. on 09:21 - Aug 8 with 2862 viewsLeedsR

Luongo.. on 09:05 - Aug 8 by StanFan

I'm in the "sorry to see him go" camp. Whilst I agree that he hasn't been the attacking threat that we'd hoped for, he has been solid and made us more solid as a team. He deserves our best wishes.
I assume that he is leaving because of our financial situation rather than because he isn't rated. Amos might be better but he'll be gone next season so we'll have to find a permanent replacement then. Hopefully our finances will be a bit better at that point if this really is the crunch season for us on FFP as we are told.

I’m sorry to see him go too, but in light of the current wind blowing through the club, I can see that it’s good for all parties if he goes.

For my tuppence worth, I always thought he gave his all. As with many on here, I think that the constant change of managers and frequent around the world-trips really disrupted his development as a player for us and I don’t think we regularly got to see the best of him.

That said, I think he was an effective battler, ball winner, grafter and decent enough player who may not have grabbed the immediate attention or headlines of all when he played, but I feel like we sure as heck missed him and his qualities when he wasn’t there.

Thanks for all your efforts Mass, good luck for you personally at Sheff Wed, if that’s where you end up (not wishing Sheff Wed good luck - not too keen on them), and I’ll miss singing your song!
Luongo.. on 10:01 - Aug 8 with 2731 viewsenfieldargh

on the offy now

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/luongo-joins-sheffield-wednesday/

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Luongo.. on 10:06 - Aug 8 with 2676 viewsWestbourneR

Sheff Weds for a small fee has to be ultimately considered a sad end
for everyone concerned - not least the player.

I know the reasons and this stage they all make sense but you can’t help but feel his career at QPR has dribbled to unsatisfactory conclusion considering the player he could have been for us.

SW does speak volumes. Clearly the interest wasn’t there. He just hasn’t developed into the all round player we hoped. He gives the ball away too much.

Sad to see him go nonetheless. Great tackler. Great servant.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Luongo.. on 10:07 - Aug 8 with 2669 viewsconnell10

Luongo.. on 10:01 - Aug 8 by enfieldargh

on the offy now

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/luongo-joins-sheffield-wednesday/

Would love to know how much we got for him , I really have this undisclosed fee bolox!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Luongo.. on 11:02 - Aug 8 with 2400 viewsSimonJames

Mass. Thanks for the good times (which through little fault of yours were sadly few and far between).

100% of people who drink water will die.

Login to get fewer ads

Luongo.. on 11:11 - Aug 8 with 2333 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Thoughts and prayers to SteveC who’ll now need a new hobby.
Luongo.. on 11:14 - Aug 8 with 2319 viewsNorthernr

Luongo.. on 11:11 - Aug 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

Thoughts and prayers to SteveC who’ll now need a new hobby.

Watch the smooth segue from "he won't get a Championship club" to "he'll be absolutely sht for them as well".
Luongo.. on 11:17 - Aug 8 with 2291 viewsdistortR

Thats another 3 goals a season we need to find from somewhere else.

Luongo.. on 11:31 - Aug 8 with 2203 viewsstevec

Luongo.. on 11:14 - Aug 8 by Northernr

Watch the smooth segue from "he won't get a Championship club" to "he'll be absolutely sht for them as well".

You beat me to it.

Actually, I wish him well. Averaged over 35 games a season and felt he gave us whatever he was capable of. I've still no idea what his best position is and I suspect Wednesday will have the same issue.

That said, hats off to the Board, Hoos and Les and no small measure, I imagine, Warburton too, this close season. They've excelled at last in ridding us of some less than gifted players and brought in players who either have a footballing CV of note or contracted young players of top ten sides.

Whether it works, who knows, but this season I can look upwards at the management and ownership side and acknowledge they've this time given it their best shot.

Let's get behind them.
Luongo.. on 11:37 - Aug 8 with 2145 viewspaulparker

Decent player but I found with him that his best performances were always at home and he tended to go missing in aways or didn’t stamp his authority
Wish him well but we move on

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Luongo.. on 11:48 - Aug 8 with 2066 viewsHooparoo

Thank you Mass. You always put in an effort and you were also briefly our captain. Good luck mate.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Luongo.. on 12:46 - Aug 8 with 1879 viewsFDC

If you'd told me at the start of the summer that we'd see both Freeman and Luongo departing this season I'd have been horribly worried... but - amazing what a good win does I guess.
Luongo.. on 12:49 - Aug 8 with 1862 viewsoldmisery

Luongo.. on 11:31 - Aug 8 by stevec

You beat me to it.

Actually, I wish him well. Averaged over 35 games a season and felt he gave us whatever he was capable of. I've still no idea what his best position is and I suspect Wednesday will have the same issue.

That said, hats off to the Board, Hoos and Les and no small measure, I imagine, Warburton too, this close season. They've excelled at last in ridding us of some less than gifted players and brought in players who either have a footballing CV of note or contracted young players of top ten sides.

Whether it works, who knows, but this season I can look upwards at the management and ownership side and acknowledge they've this time given it their best shot.

Let's get behind them.

But we've still got bloody Goss!
Luongo.. on 12:52 - Aug 8 with 1838 viewsactonman

Bit gutted to see him go although more p!ssed off with the fact he has gone to Sheffield fking Wednesday
Luongo.. on 13:24 - Aug 8 with 1729 viewsQPR_John

Luongo.. on 09:05 - Aug 8 by StanFan

"I assume that he is leaving because of our financial situation rather than because he isn't rated."

Of course it's possible Warburton does not fancy a player that is required to travel half way around the globe for games.
Luongo.. on 13:30 - Aug 8 with 1676 viewsHunterhoop

It’s £3.3m, right. As reported by Sean Gallagher and the Sheffield press, yeah?

Bit confused by this narrative of him going for free or £400k or a “small fee”.
Luongo.. on 13:32 - Aug 8 with 1664 viewsStoicHoop

This is a good move for every one. Warburton clearly values pace and Luongo has none. That said he was dependable and committed - apart from when he was understandably shattered from his round trips to Australia - so I wish him well
Luongo.. on 13:33 - Aug 8 with 1661 viewsTonto

Luongo.. on 11:37 - Aug 8 by paulparker

Decent player but I found with him that his best performances were always at home and he tended to go missing in aways or didn’t stamp his authority
Wish him well but we move on

That didnt stop peopel from thinking Pav should have been kept on!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Luongo.. on 13:44 - Aug 8 with 1575 viewssimmo

Luongo.. on 13:30 - Aug 8 by Hunterhoop

Have they?? Not seen that reported by either Sean or Sheffield press. Thought some Ozzie no-mark site said 3.3m but nobody anywhere else has said anything specific other than there was a fee involved?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Luongo.. on 13:45 - Aug 8 with 1566 viewsDorse

Luongo.. on 13:30 - Aug 8 by Hunterhoop

£3.3m? I think that represents good business. Probably works out well for all parties.

Something happening here, what is is ain't exactly clear....

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Luongo.. on 13:46 - Aug 8 with 1554 viewsrsonist

Luongo.. on 13:44 - Aug 8 by simmo

Have they?? Not seen that reported by either Sean or Sheffield press. Thought some Ozzie no-mark site said 3.3m but nobody anywhere else has said anything specific other than there was a fee involved?

Correct.
Luongo.. on 13:47 - Aug 8 with 1547 viewsLythamR

Luongo.. on 13:45 - Aug 8 by Dorse

£3.3m? I think that represents good business. Probably works out well for all parties.

Something happening here, what is is ain't exactly clear....

if we got anything like 3.3 million that would be great business. if we got 1m i would not be unhappy given the circumstances
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024