Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luongo.. 15:01 - Aug 3 with 21772 viewsFaurlinho

Not even on the bench today. Does that mean he is about to go?
Luongo.. on 17:02 - Aug 7 with 3895 viewsstevec

Luongo.. on 15:23 - Aug 7 by terryb

I seem to recall you saying steve that no Champioonship club would sign him even if he was free.

You certainly won't change your view on him as a player (and why should you), but you may have to consider that others, including professionals, have a different view on his ability.

I would like to say a thank you to Mass for many fine performances for Rangers.

I did indeed but made the schoolboy error of assuming there's no club dafter than us when it comes to expenditure.

If Clive's wrong and we did actually get money for him I can only assume it was down to his exotic name. I'd imagine if it was, oh I don't know, say, Kevin Braithwaite or such like, we wouldn't have got a brass farthing for him.
Luongo.. on 17:07 - Aug 7 with 3853 viewsHantsR

Luongo.. on 16:46 - Aug 7 by queensparker

If we hadn’t had Mass for the last three seasons pretty sure we’d have been relegated in one of them. Gave our midfield badly-needed bite and energy and he’s one of the best tacklers in the league. He was pretty limited but for stamina and aggression I loved him. Will be a great signing for someone who can work out how best to use him.

Good luck Mass!

This. Also, I often noted that he won a very good percentage of contested headers, despite his relatively small size.
Luongo.. on 17:13 - Aug 7 with 3808 viewssmegma

Luongo.. on 15:37 - Aug 7 by TacticalR

Robert Elms mentioned him on his show today as a reliable player.

THats it, no need for more comments.
Luongo.. on 17:14 - Aug 7 with 3804 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Luongo.. on 17:02 - Aug 7 by stevec

I did indeed but made the schoolboy error of assuming there's no club dafter than us when it comes to expenditure.

If Clive's wrong and we did actually get money for him I can only assume it was down to his exotic name. I'd imagine if it was, oh I don't know, say, Kevin Braithwaite or such like, we wouldn't have got a brass farthing for him.

I took Clive's post to be heavily ironic i.e. there will be people who refuse to believe the many assertions form journalists and the club that we did indeed get £3m+ for him and not let him go on a free.

"This will be re-confirmed, over and over, by DM, by Sean Gallagher, by the club, by Hoos, by Ferdinand. Every interview they do. For months and months and months.

Nevertheless, it is now set in stone, we let Luongo go for free. Fcking club. Fcking idiots. Fcking clueless. Etc etc."

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Luongo.. on 17:17 - Aug 7 with 3771 viewsstevec

Luongo.. on 17:14 - Aug 7 by BrianMcCarthy

I took Clive's post to be heavily ironic i.e. there will be people who refuse to believe the many assertions form journalists and the club that we did indeed get £3m+ for him and not let him go on a free.

"This will be re-confirmed, over and over, by DM, by Sean Gallagher, by the club, by Hoos, by Ferdinand. Every interview they do. For months and months and months.

Nevertheless, it is now set in stone, we let Luongo go for free. Fcking club. Fcking idiots. Fcking clueless. Etc etc."

So did I Brian
Luongo.. on 17:17 - Aug 7 with 3765 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Luongo.. on 17:17 - Aug 7 by stevec

So did I Brian

Sorry, read your post wrong.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Luongo.. on 17:24 - Aug 7 with 3705 viewsNorthernr

Now I see the problem Dave Mc has!

To clarify.

People read a Tweet from him and thought it meant we'd let him go for free.

We haven't, we're negotiating a fee. Probably not a big one, but a fee.

The fact that Dave Mc and several others have clarified this since will make no difference. Many will still choose to believe we let him go for free, and will bash the club with it.
Luongo.. on 17:25 - Aug 7 with 3693 viewsstevec

Luongo.. on 17:24 - Aug 7 by Northernr

To clarify.

The fact that Dave Mc and several others have clarified this since will make no difference. Many will still choose to believe we let him go for free, and will bash the club with it.

I told you we'd get nothing for him.
Login to get fewer ads

Luongo.. on 17:50 - Aug 7 with 3530 viewsDejR_vu

Luongo.. on 17:25 - Aug 7 by stevec

I told you we'd get nothing for him.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Luongo.. on 18:26 - Aug 7 with 3308 viewsDavieQPR

Another player who has been criticised most of the season but when it comes to leaving suddenly becomes our best player and worth three times as much.
Luongo.. on 19:03 - Aug 7 with 3092 viewsTacticalR

Luongo.. on 17:24 - Aug 7 by Northernr

To clarify.

Only elitists believe in facts.

Air hostess clique

Luongo.. on 23:13 - Aug 7 with 2595 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Given that:
* we bought Luongo for £400k
* he has less than 12 months to run on his contract
* he's a good player but no world beater
* QPR are desperate to get rid
even breaking even is a good result. Anything else is a brucey bonus.
Luongo.. on 01:16 - Aug 8 with 2383 viewsBoston

Luongo.. on 17:14 - Aug 7 by BrianMcCarthy

That's life, Brian.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Luongo.. on 02:25 - Aug 8 with 2345 viewsbob566

Thanks Mass. You never shirked. We obviously have a new wage structure in place and you're not part of it
Luongo.. on 03:27 - Aug 8 with 2329 viewsstowmarketrange

Luongo.. on 02:25 - Aug 8 by bob566

Thanks Mass. You never shirked. We obviously have a new wage structure in place and you're not part of it

It annoys me to have to offload our better players in order to save money,only to see the same clubs flouting ffp rules in order to sign whoever they want to.
How many players do Birmingham need?They got fined(?) last season,but look at the money they’re spending on players.
Good luck Mass anyway.
Luongo.. on 04:53 - Aug 8 with 2273 viewsWesty75

Luongo.. on 19:03 - Aug 7 by TacticalR

Only elitists believe in facts.

“I think people in this country have had enough of experts”

Michael Gove, June 2016
Luongo.. on 06:09 - Aug 8 with 2205 viewsnix

Luongo.. on 03:27 - Aug 8 by stowmarketrange

It annoys me to have to offload our better players in order to save money,only to see the same clubs flouting ffp rules in order to sign whoever they want to.
How many players do Birmingham need?They got fined(?) last season,but look at the money they’re spending on players.
Good luck Mass anyway.

I completely take your point, but I'm not sure I want us to risk going bankrupt doing what others clubs are doing. There's no guarantee that our board would continue to bankroll us forever. What does annoy me is that the EPL came after us like a pack of hyenas and wouldn't let it go, and yet suddenly becomes toothless in the face of Birmingham, Derby, Reading, Sheffield Wednesday and Forest's blatant flouting of the rules. I know they changed the rules after our transgressions but it seems really unfair as the nine points deduction the season after just doesn't tend to affect clubs seriously enough as they're unlikely to be low enough in the table to get relegated. Unless they all get a nine points deductions and we end up going up by default!

Plus the media went on and on about our big spending and high wage structure, every single time we played, and yet we don't hear a dicky bird about other clubs. Maybe it's because little old QPR shouldn't get above their station and should continue to be plucky also-rans?

Anyway I agree with the PP who said that Mass did a good job for us and generally worked hard. We didn't seem to get he absolutely best out of him but changes of manager and approach plus some terrible other players he had to play with at times, plus those damned international trips, didn't always help. But we can't afford the luxury of expensive wages any more and any fee for him would be great as it was so obvious we wanted to get rid.
Luongo.. on 06:32 - Aug 8 with 2180 viewsLblock

Luongo.. on 23:13 - Aug 7 by Benny_the_Ball

Given that:
* we bought Luongo for £400k
* he has less than 12 months to run on his contract
* he's a good player but no world beater
* QPR are desperate to get rid
even breaking even is a good result. Anything else is a brucey bonus.

£400k????

So you’re saying Ben Gladwin was actually the £2.1Million part of that deal?!
Not that Swindon tucked up Levy at Spurs.... liked their style there

I may be wrong but my recollection was it was a joint deal with skewed value which helped avoid sell on percentages Spuds were entitled to.
Maybe that why he’s going now for free... FREE... NADAH... NISH... (or £3.3million if you whisper it quietly)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Luongo.. on 06:59 - Aug 8 with 2120 viewsDejR_vu

Luongo.. on 06:09 - Aug 8 by nix

I completely take your point, but I'm not sure I want us to risk going bankrupt doing what others clubs are doing. There's no guarantee that our board would continue to bankroll us forever. What does annoy me is that the EPL came after us like a pack of hyenas and wouldn't let it go, and yet suddenly becomes toothless in the face of Birmingham, Derby, Reading, Sheffield Wednesday and Forest's blatant flouting of the rules. I know they changed the rules after our transgressions but it seems really unfair as the nine points deduction the season after just doesn't tend to affect clubs seriously enough as they're unlikely to be low enough in the table to get relegated. Unless they all get a nine points deductions and we end up going up by default!

Plus the media went on and on about our big spending and high wage structure, every single time we played, and yet we don't hear a dicky bird about other clubs. Maybe it's because little old QPR shouldn't get above their station and should continue to be plucky also-rans?

Anyway I agree with the PP who said that Mass did a good job for us and generally worked hard. We didn't seem to get he absolutely best out of him but changes of manager and approach plus some terrible other players he had to play with at times, plus those damned international trips, didn't always help. But we can't afford the luxury of expensive wages any more and any fee for him would be great as it was so obvious we wanted to get rid.

Agree 100% on FFP. I’m sure many supporters of all clubs have reason to feel aggrieved and proabaly feel a bit persecuted for one reason of another, but, trying to be as objective as possible, the way we’ve been treated and the sanctions imposed feels grossly unfair when compared to others. We’ve had an absolutely colossal fine, we’re effectively under a self-imposed soft transfer embargo in that we’re chucking anything that’s worth something overboard to raise funds and replacing others with cheaper alternatives, and we’re going to be up against it for years to come.

On Luongo, I think the market sort of settles the debate. Everyone knows we’re desperarate, we made it known we needed to offload him, absolutely inviting other clubs to take the piss and no one bothered, we’ve had to wait until the last day of the transfer window to take whatever we can just to get his wages off the books. I can only think of two reasons. Either everyone thinks he’s not very good (otherwise there would be a few clubs sniffing an opportunity and chancing their arms) or we’re grossly overpaying him for what he is, so no one is prepared to pay much for him because of the cost of wages in taking him on. Either way, not a great reflection on the club.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 7:16]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Luongo.. on 07:24 - Aug 8 with 2044 viewsstowmarketrange

Luongo.. on 06:09 - Aug 8 by nix

I don’t want us to go bankrupt chasing the premier league dream either,but if these owners get bored,or run out of money,who else would take on an ailing club struggling at the bottom end of the championship,or worse?
I want us to be competitive in this division,and I see the mistakes that some other teams have made in cutting costs to the bone.It normally ends in dropping down 1 or 2 divisions,and I don’t want our team to repeat those mistakes.
Luongo.. on 07:30 - Aug 8 with 2022 viewsjonno

Luongo.. on 06:59 - Aug 8 by DejR_vu

Agree 100% on FFP. I’m sure many supporters of all clubs have reason to feel aggrieved and proabaly feel a bit persecuted for one reason of another, but, trying to be as objective as possible, the way we’ve been treated and the sanctions imposed feels grossly unfair when compared to others. We’ve had an absolutely colossal fine, we’re effectively under a self-imposed soft transfer embargo in that we’re chucking anything that’s worth something overboard to raise funds and replacing others with cheaper alternatives, and we’re going to be up against it for years to come.

On Luongo, I think the market sort of settles the debate. Everyone knows we’re desperarate, we made it known we needed to offload him, absolutely inviting other clubs to take the piss and no one bothered, we’ve had to wait until the last day of the transfer window to take whatever we can just to get his wages off the books. I can only think of two reasons. Either everyone thinks he’s not very good (otherwise there would be a few clubs sniffing an opportunity and chancing their arms) or we’re grossly overpaying him for what he is, so no one is prepared to pay much for him because of the cost of wages in taking him on. Either way, not a great reflection on the club.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 7:16]

Spot on regarding FFP. We have been massively punished while all the other transgressors are getting off very lightly or finding ways round it. So much for a "level playing field".
Luongo.. on 07:31 - Aug 8 with 2019 viewsjonno

Luongo.. on 15:37 - Aug 7 by BrianMcCarthy

A decent price, probably even a good price.

I'm with those that rated aspects of his game - tackling and positioning, for example - but he did lack pace, creativity and goalscoring. I hope we can do better with the money received and saved.

Best of luck to him, though. Solid player.

My views exactly. Plus the fact that, unfortunately, having to travel so far to play for his national team impacted his performances quite a lot.
Luongo.. on 07:43 - Aug 8 with 1982 viewsstowmarketrange

Luongo.. on 07:31 - Aug 8 by jonno

My views exactly. Plus the fact that, unfortunately, having to travel so far to play for his national team impacted his performances quite a lot.

He rarely played for Australia though.He travelled all that way just to get splinters on his backside.
Luongo.. on 07:50 - Aug 8 with 1943 viewsNorthernr

Luongo.. on 06:32 - Aug 8 by Lblock

£400k????

So you’re saying Ben Gladwin was actually the £2.1Million part of that deal?!
Not that Swindon tucked up Levy at Spurs.... liked their style there

I may be wrong but my recollection was it was a joint deal with skewed value which helped avoid sell on percentages Spuds were entitled to.
Maybe that why he’s going now for free... FREE... NADAH... NISH... (or £3.3million if you whisper it quietly)

Not sure how the deal divided but it was heavily weighted towards Gladwin as Spurs have a huge sell on with Swindon for Luongo.
Luongo.. on 08:27 - Aug 8 with 1838 viewsTacticalR

Luongo.. on 07:24 - Aug 8 by stowmarketrange

I don’t want us to go bankrupt chasing the premier league dream either,but if these owners get bored,or run out of money,who else would take on an ailing club struggling at the bottom end of the championship,or worse?
I want us to be competitive in this division,and I see the mistakes that some other teams have made in cutting costs to the bone.It normally ends in dropping down 1 or 2 divisions,and I don’t want our team to repeat those mistakes.

We made all the old mistakes, now it's time to make all the new mistakes.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024