Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time wasting (again) 14:42 - Jan 18 with 2376 viewsdavman

After seeing every frigging team who has a lead at LR get away with the most ridiculous time wasting and watching referees warning them and then doing f-all about it, I am absolutely livid about the card Masterson got today.

I am sure that Pinner will have a view, but the one thing us mere non-referee mortals get flabbergasted by is the lack of consistency not just between referees but even with the same referee on a given game.

Yes, it was starting to become a piss take, but then this is the sort of dark arts we have been crying out for in years.

Anyone know of an actual forum through which mere fans can provide constructive feedback to the powers that be? A clock running when the ball is in play would stop all of this crap and would allow consistency across the game - if they can mandate goal line tech and VAR, why not employ someone at the game to stop the clock the moment the ball is not in play? Obviously reduce the length of the game accordingly by working out how long the ball is in play most games and go from there.

It really boils my piss.

...and whilst I am on one - Kalvin Phillips - has our Geoff shagged his missus or something? What an absolute tool.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Time wasting (again) on 15:07 - Jan 18 with 2299 viewssuperhoopdownunder

The ref was rushing our players so we could not slow down in the second half
He was on a mission to help Leeds

He warned Kelly

The booking of Masterson was a disgrace as he only had a few seconds to kick the ball before the referee booked him
Time wasting (again) on 15:19 - Jan 18 with 2264 viewsdistortR

Time wasting (again) on 15:07 - Jan 18 by superhoopdownunder

He warned Kelly

The booking of Masterson was a disgrace as he only had a few seconds to kick the ball before the referee booked him

particularly as their player had booted the ball away after the ref blew
Time wasting (again) on 15:25 - Jan 18 with 2197 viewsStanisgod

Time wasting (again) on 15:07 - Jan 18 by superhoopdownunder

He warned Kelly

Did I read that this fool is a Prem ref now, says it all really. And are the linos on the paddock side as bad as ours on Ellerslie side. My god we've had some in recent weeks. Today BOS gets plainly tripped, nothing, Lids player miskick ball out for corner, goal kick.
He's standing f@cking metres away. FFS.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Time wasting (again) on 15:34 - Jan 18 with 2152 viewsBedford_R

The ref was trying to even it up for Leeds as he must have been told that he made a mistake for our goal. The only thing he got right in the second half was the sending off and that was pigging obvious....

RMH_R Reborn

Time wasting (again) on 15:56 - Jan 18 with 2074 viewsLblock

To be fair Masterson had four run ups and a warning

However

What a totally inept set of officials summed up perfectly by the corner we should’ve had that was given as a goal kick.
I actually think Mr Bankes is related to some coal miners or Hovis workers

He looked absolutely gutted to be blowing up for FT

Terrible

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Time wasting (again) on 16:08 - Jan 18 with 2011 viewsstowmarketrange

Time wasting (again) on 15:56 - Jan 18 by Lblock

However

What a totally inept set of officials summed up perfectly by the corner we should’ve had that was given as a goal kick.

Terrible

I can’t believe believe that the ref and the Lino missed that ‘corner’.And the Leeds player deliberately stopped our man from breaking through towards the end and wasn’t carded.A deliberate attempt at stopping our player and nothing produced.He even had to try twice to pull him back.
He couldn’t wait to book our players it seemed.
Time wasting (again) on 16:09 - Jan 18 with 1998 viewsplasmahoop

It is the inconsistencies that are so frustrating. Cooper took out BOS totally cynically, no booking. Costa tries to pull back masterton when he's on a run, fails but then manages to second time. Not booked. Numerous other tactical fouls by Leeds unpunished. Cameron of course booked for his retaliation and masterton too. Wells booking was no worse than several of their fouls. Added to the poxy Leeds supporting sky commentators it made the win all the sweeter
Time wasting (again) on 16:40 - Jan 18 with 1902 viewsPinnerPaul

However

Terrible

Exactly - you can't take THAT long with a free kick and get away with it.

My opinions, as you're all (hopefully) in a good mood

All LIVE only from T block - no multiple TV viewings!

Wells handball - couldn't see, but ANY contact with hand/arm should have been penalised
Their pen claim 1st half - never in a month of Sundays
Pen 2nd half - looked it from a long way away though
Red Card - again can't see live, but player reaction - both sides tells you its a red
Other yellows - all good for me - Wells a bit soft I suppose
The corner that wasn't - no defending that - how two of them can come up with GK after the Leeds player miskicked is beyond poor
Fouls generally - always going to be a few shouts to argue over but in the main think he got most right with the exception being the one on Bright in front of me 2nd half
Login to get fewer ads

Time wasting (again) on 17:09 - Jan 18 with 1786 viewsMatch82

However

Terrible

Thought he was terrible today... But this is one week that we really can't complain too much about not getting the decisions
Time wasting (again) on 19:16 - Jan 18 with 1620 viewsdavman

Time wasting (again) on 16:40 - Jan 18 by PinnerPaul

Wells handball - couldn't see, but ANY contact with hand/arm should have been penalised
Red Card - again can't see live, but player reaction - both sides tells you its a red
The corner that wasn't - no defending that - how two of them can come up with GK after the Leeds player miskicked is beyond poor
Fouls generally - always going to be a few shouts to argue over but in the main think he got most right with the exception being the one on Bright in front of me 2nd half

Sorry, mate, but you missed the point of my post.

What about every other bloody team that takes 10 times as long and always get away with it?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Time wasting (again) on 10:06 - Jan 20 with 1287 viewsPinnerPaul

Time wasting (again) on 19:16 - Jan 18 by davman

Sorry, mate, but you missed the point of my post.

What about every other bloody team that takes 10 times as long and always get away with it?

I know - but that's like saying Scowen should play like DeBruyne every week!

Different refs, different days and oppo players HAVE been cautioned for time wasting at LR.

Independent time keeping is the way to go but until that happens we're stuck with human refs making human mistakes/interpretations of the laws.
Time wasting (again) on 10:17 - Jan 20 with 1263 viewsjoe90

I like this picture.
Time wasting (again) on 10:17 - Jan 20 with 1261 viewsLongsufferingR

Agree with all of that. Sometimes you need to take a step back and take a less biased point of view.
Time wasting (again) on 12:59 - Jan 20 with 1137 viewsdaveB

We were clearly trying to slow the game down and waste time so the booking seemed fair enough to me.
Time wasting (again) on 13:54 - Jan 20 with 1081 viewsderbyhoop

So basically backing Mr Bankes and his assistants?
I don't think he did a lot wrong,either.
The main one being the goal, if he (or his assistant) had a view of it.
We are going to get penalised more, when we are defending.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Time wasting (again) on 16:58 - Jan 21 with 926 viewsPinnerPaul

Time wasting (again) on 13:54 - Jan 20 by derbyhoop

So basically backing Mr Bankes and his assistants?
I don't think he did a lot wrong,either.
The main one being the goal, if he (or his assistant) had a view of it.
We are going to get penalised more, when we are defending.

I don't set out to back officials or not, just as LSR says above TRYING to give a more objective view and explain , from a referees perspective why a decision might have been given.

Not having a go but puzzled when you say I'm 'backing' them but I say the Wells goal should have been disallowed and the corner/gk decision 2nd half 'was beyond poor' and the Bright non foul (by 3 Leeds players!) call was wrong?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024