Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Opposition keeper run-up 14:15 - Jan 25 with 2666 viewsNorthLondonR

I honestly can never remember us ever doing the whole "oh bullsh@t aaah" thing. But last night with a rare night perched in the loft, I heard this everytime.

Don't particularly have a problem with it but just can't remember us ever doing this and is it another lazy copy job from every other club?

Brentford do plenty of this.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2020 14:15]
Opposition keeper run-up on 14:17 - Jan 25 with 2646 viewskensalriser

So 1980s. Extremely tired and cringey.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Opposition keeper run-up on 14:32 - Jan 25 with 2601 viewsSnipper

The first time I ever heard it was when we played Oxford at home in the 80’s. we were all bemused in the loft.
Opposition keeper run-up on 14:49 - Jan 25 with 2548 viewsstevec

If you were around in the League One days ‘ohh, You Fat Bastard’ was a regular chant at every goal kick whatever the goalkeepers proportions.

The Ohh would start even before a Shittu clearance had rolled over their goal line and the crescendo would build all round the home end.

Can’t remember his name but there was a fat Burnley keeper who played along as much as the crowd.

Good times.
Opposition keeper run-up on 14:53 - Jan 25 with 2540 viewsterryb

Go back to the 60's & every opposition 'keeper was welcomed to The Loft with a chant of
F*
F**
F***
**** off!
Opposition keeper run-up on 15:03 - Jan 25 with 2519 viewsLongsufferingR

Opposition keeper run-up on 14:49 - Jan 25 by stevec

If you were around in the League One days ‘ohh, You Fat Bastard’ was a regular chant at every goal kick whatever the goalkeepers proportions.

The Ohh would start even before a Shittu clearance had rolled over their goal line and the crescendo would build all round the home end.

Can’t remember his name but there was a fat Burnley keeper who played along as much as the crowd.

Good times.

Brian Jensen
Opposition keeper run-up on 15:38 - Jan 25 with 2456 viewsNov77

Opposition keeper run-up on 14:49 - Jan 25 by stevec

Good times.

Did anyone go to Barnet away in the cup when they had Gary Phillips in goal? Our fans slaughtered him with the ‘mr blobby’ chants and the ‘you....fat.....bastard!’ after every goal kick. In the end he’d just turn round to our fans and start doing bodybuilding poses, it was one of the funniest nights I remember following rangers.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Opposition keeper run-up on 17:13 - Jan 25 with 2291 viewsToast_R

To be fair their keeper was piss balling about time wasting like a sloth. He deserved some stick.
Opposition keeper run-up on 19:19 - Jan 25 with 2172 viewsAddinall

This started in the 1940's in the boys' enclosure at the front of the loft,(disclosure, I was guilty).
Boys' enclosure is where it belonged and in those days the expletive at the end was not added!
Infantile chant now parroted by adults who should know better.
Login to get fewer ads

Opposition keeper run-up on 21:24 - Jan 25 with 2078 viewsPeterHucker

Opposition keeper run-up on 15:38 - Jan 25 by Nov77

Did anyone go to Barnet away in the cup when they had Gary Phillips in goal? Our fans slaughtered him with the ‘mr blobby’ chants and the ‘you....fat.....bastard!’ after every goal kick. In the end he’d just turn round to our fans and start doing bodybuilding poses, it was one of the funniest nights I remember following rangers.

I remember that Barnet goalie. We had a good laugh with him in that match and the replay too.
Opposition keeper run-up on 22:34 - Jan 25 with 1996 viewscolinallcars

This thread reminds me of cries from the crowd that you never hear these days like Unload Him and Keep It On The Island.
Opposition keeper run-up on 02:24 - Jan 26 with 1904 viewsFredManRave

I always thought it was "You're Shìt, Arrrrghhhhh".

Gimme an Rrrrrr...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Opposition keeper run-up on 16:02 - Jan 26 with 1685 viewskingo

Opposition keeper run-up on 02:24 - Jan 26 by FredManRave

Gimme an Rrrrrr...

It is you’re shite agh. As op said Brentford do it and I thought it was a bit childish. However, seemed to unsettle Lumley and I watched them play Leicester yesterday and it seemed to unsettle their reserve keeper. So perhaps it works.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Opposition keeper run-up on 22:22 - Jan 26 with 1590 viewsloftboy

Opposition keeper run-up on 02:24 - Jan 26 by FredManRave

Gimme an Rrrrrr...

Apart from when it was Les sealy when it was “you’re bent arrrrr” would all be banned now for singing that.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Opposition keeper run-up on 00:18 - Jan 27 with 1547 viewswombat

Opposition keeper run-up on 22:22 - Jan 26 by loftboy

Apart from when it was Les sealy when it was “you’re bent arrrrr” would all be banned now for singing that.

Not heard it to much from The lower loft , do smile when the keeper sticks a kick into the paddock and got shout of greenooooo follows Immed

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Opposition keeper run-up on 11:44 - Jan 27 with 1464 viewsCiderwithRsie

Opposition keeper run-up on 19:19 - Jan 25 by Addinall

This started in the 1940's in the boys' enclosure at the front of the loft,(disclosure, I was guilty).
Boys' enclosure is where it belonged and in those days the expletive at the end was not added!
Infantile chant now parroted by adults who should know better.

You are living history and we should start a whip round to have you bought and put in a cabinet where you can replicate the chant when anyone puts a quid in a slot. Would sort FFP out in no time.
Opposition keeper run-up on 15:19 - Jan 27 with 1405 viewsichbinnaughty

I rather enjoy it for its childishness
Opposition keeper run-up on 15:22 - Jan 27 with 1394 viewsMick_S

The way Wednesday dealt with their goal kicks by shifting every player over to the dug outs reminded me of watching Hayes in the Diadora/Conference about a thousand years ago. Anti-football. Appalling.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024