Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bright 19:38 - Jan 29 with 9336 viewskingo

Rumoured that West Brom are tabling a £3 million bid. I hope we reject if it comes in.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Bright on 12:56 - Jan 30 with 2578 viewscorse

probably will end in undisclosed fee....
the way we ve been making business means around 375k-425k...
[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 12:57]
Bright on 13:20 - Jan 30 with 2463 viewsderbyhoop

Not sure what he is worth at the moment but if you compare the impact BOS had in 20 minutes against the Owls, with the contribution of Jack Clarke, for whom Spurs paid 10m, you get a better idea of his true value.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Bright on 16:43 - Jan 30 with 2285 viewsfrancisbowles

Bright on 13:20 - Jan 30 by derbyhoop

Not sure what he is worth at the moment but if you compare the impact BOS had in 20 minutes against the Owls, with the contribution of Jack Clarke, for whom Spurs paid 10m, you get a better idea of his true value.

Unfair to judge 19 year old Clarke on one game and his first for quite a while.
Bright on 17:06 - Jan 30 with 2228 viewsPinnerPaul

Bright on 16:43 - Jan 30 by francisbowles

Its what we do and not just us tbf.

As others have said it wasn't that long ago that Wells was being castigated on here and BOS was accused of having no end product.

Mick McCarthy slated for not picking Manning a few months ago - MW criticised FOR picking him v Sheff Weds.

Kane - 'best game for the club' v Leeds , but again shouldn't have played in the FA Cup apparently

Instant judgements - which is a bit silly as very few players are consistently very good or very bad over a whole season.
Bright on 18:07 - Jan 30 with 2035 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bright on 17:06 - Jan 30 by PinnerPaul

As others have said it wasn't that long ago that Wells was being castigated on here and BOS was accused of having no end product.

Mick McCarthy slated for not picking Manning a few months ago - MW criticised FOR picking him v Sheff Weds.

Kane - 'best game for the club' v Leeds , but again shouldn't have played in the FA Cup apparently

Instant judgements - which is a bit silly as very few players are consistently very good or very bad over a whole season.

Great post - MW castigated one week for playing Wallace (Barnsley) castigated inside a fortnight later for not starting him.

Bare bones.

Bright on 18:11 - Jan 30 with 2019 viewsNorthernr

As I've written previously, people were a bit 'meh' about Nahki coming back in the summer, and if you'd said on December 30 he was going back few people would really have given much of a toss.
Bright on 19:22 - Jan 30 with 1871 viewsWestbourneR

Bright on 18:11 - Jan 30 by Northernr

As I've written previously, people were a bit 'meh' about Nahki coming back in the summer, and if you'd said on December 30 he was going back few people would really have given much of a toss.

I wasn't and would have.

Think he's a very good player at this level - but £6 mill is a bit steep.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Bright on 19:55 - Jan 30 with 1815 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bright on 17:06 - Jan 30 by PinnerPaul

On the Manning point, Paul, I agree. To a degree.

I did think that McCarthy should have picked Manning for the Georgia game when he had an injury and suspension crisis at left-back and manning was in great form. Instead he opted to pick a right-back at left-back with predictable results. But that was a one-off.

Overall, though, I'm not as high on Manning as the average Rangers fan seems to be. He's learning, has potential, but has a long way to go. That will include dips in form. I would pick Wallace ahead of him at the moment, though. Hopefully, Manning will recover earlier form before long.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Bright on 20:07 - Jan 30 with 1740 viewsderbyhoop

Bright on 16:43 - Jan 30 by francisbowles

Maybe. But the contrast was striking.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Bright on 09:40 - Jan 31 with 1491 viewsfrancisbowles

Bright on 19:22 - Jan 30 by WestbourneR

I wasn't and would have.

Think he's a very good player at this level - but £6 mill is a bit steep.

I was more than, as Northern put it, a bit meh about him coming back.

I absolutely hated the idea. His performances in the later stages of last season were awful as he ignored passing opportunities and consistently threatened the scoreboard, by hitting it rather than seeing his name on it and became a serial penalty misser. Maybe, if I am being kind, he was trying too hard.

He did come back and perform a lot better, albeit there were still some droughts and I am a bit worried about where his recall leaves us now. However, I think the club are right not to tear up the plan and blow the budget on him.
Bright on 10:07 - Jan 31 with 1367 viewsR_from_afar

Not sure this has been posted anywhere yet but David McIntyre has posted a transfer day update, here: https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qprs-deadline-day-striker-search-eze-and-cry

Highlights:
Eze: "Palace and Brighton were the first Premier League clubs to monitor Eze. But as of early Friday morning there was no sign of any move from them for the player".

BOS: "A number of enquiries about Osayi-Samuel were made and rebuffed — and Rangers began deadline day believing interest in him had been fended off and that he will sign a new contract".

Don't shoot either me or David if it turns out he has got this wrong though. I am not assuming he is correct and am praying we will keep those two until at least the end of the season.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Bright on 10:12 - Jan 31 with 1339 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bright on 10:07 - Jan 31 by R_from_afar

Not sure this has been posted anywhere yet but David McIntyre has posted a transfer day update, here: https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qprs-deadline-day-striker-search-eze-and-cry

Highlights:
Eze: "Palace and Brighton were the first Premier League clubs to monitor Eze. But as of early Friday morning there was no sign of any move from them for the player".

BOS: "A number of enquiries about Osayi-Samuel were made and rebuffed — and Rangers began deadline day believing interest in him had been fended off and that he will sign a new contract".

Don't shoot either me or David if it turns out he has got this wrong though. I am not assuming he is correct and am praying we will keep those two until at least the end of the season.

Good info, thanks for that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bright on 10:13 - Jan 31 with 1330 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bright on 18:11 - Jan 30 by Northernr

Or even look at it this way - had we paid £4m for him, which is the rumoured fee City have paid, back in August, people would - justifiably - have lost their minds.
Good player, love him, would have loved him to stay, but for me it's financially a poor deal by City and we're absolutely right not to to go near it at that sort of cost.

Bare bones.

Bright on 10:15 - Jan 31 with 1312 viewsOldPedro

Bright on 10:13 - Jan 31 by Antti_Heinola

Or even look at it this way - had we paid £4m for him, which is the rumoured fee City have paid, back in August, people would - justifiably - have lost their minds.
Good player, love him, would have loved him to stay, but for me it's financially a poor deal by City and we're absolutely right not to to go near it at that sort of cost.

The only way this looks like a good deal for Bristol City is if his goals get them promoted.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Bright on 10:30 - Jan 31 with 1253 viewsnix

Bright on 10:13 - Jan 31 by Antti_Heinola

On top of that he earns nearly a million and a half a year. We had quite a good deal if we were only paying half of that. And he's signed a three and a half year deal. There's no way we could risk that on that salary.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2020 10:33]
Bright on 10:35 - Jan 31 with 1220 viewsGloucs_R

Bright on 10:07 - Jan 31 by R_from_afar

Highlights:

Hi, how much for Eze....£20m

Ok, what about BOS....£10m

Ok, we'll get back to you.

Someone will panic today and come back in for one of them. Finally though, it looks like we're in a strong negotiating position. It must be the first time we've been in this position for years.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Bright on 10:37 - Jan 31 with 1212 viewsrsonist

Bright on 10:15 - Jan 31 by OldPedro

The only way this looks like a good deal for Bristol City is if his goals get them promoted.

It's a good deal for them whatever happens. It's a position they needed filling, they've earned the leeway to go for the jackpot now (trying for a CB too I think) and FFP won't kill them next season even if they don't. Yeah it's "dead money" but they've put themselves in the healthy position to write it off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024