Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bright 19:38 - Jan 29 with 9335 viewskingo

Rumoured that West Brom are tabling a £3 million bid. I hope we reject if it comes in.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Bright on 20:37 - Jan 29 with 2614 viewskingo

The good news is that WBA are also interested in Grosiki from Hull. Hopefully they will put their efforts into getting him as I really want us to keep hold of Bright. He has developed so much this season. He was like a superstar against Wednesday when he came on.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Bright on 20:47 - Jan 29 with 2544 viewsconnell10

Bright on 20:37 - Jan 29 by MedwayR

I’m sure I read the other day that Forest’s RB is on West Ham’s wish list for £12m.
Hugill cost West Ham £10m.
Clarke cost Spurs £10m.
McBurnie cost Sheffield Utd £20m.

We can’t sell ourselves short on BOS or Eze.

20 million each seems fair with a 20% sell clause.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Bright on 20:56 - Jan 29 with 2491 viewsstowmarketrange

Bright on 20:37 - Jan 29 by kingo

The good news is that WBA are also interested in Grosiki from Hull. Hopefully they will put their efforts into getting him as I really want us to keep hold of Bright. He has developed so much this season. He was like a superstar against Wednesday when he came on.

Can’t they take Bowen as well?The buzzard always scores against us every bloody game.
Bright on 20:57 - Jan 29 with 2479 viewsWatford_Ranger

Bright on 20:32 - Jan 29 by CincyHoop

I might be in the minority, but I actually trust Hoos to do the right thing. I know people can point to the Smithies transfer, but we were in a very different situation then, to what we are now. The wage bill has been halved, the exorbitant losses are closer to being rolled off for FFP purposes. While we still need to be financially prudent,I don't think the proverbial gun is still to our heads quite like it used to be.

I think they (Lee/Les) will say the price is probably in the 8-10 range and the buying club doesn't meet the valuation, the answer is no.

If we hold onto BOS (which I think we will), and even if he continues to progress, I think the price still is around 10ish if a PL team comes in during the summer, as his contract will have approximately 6 months less on it than it currently does and he will want to move to the greener pastures of the PL.

If I were a Burnley, Bournemouth etc. I wouldn’t think twice about bidding £8m. Peanuts for them.
Bright on 20:58 - Jan 29 with 2473 viewsCincyHoop

Bright on 20:57 - Jan 29 by Watford_Ranger

If I were a Burnley, Bournemouth etc. I wouldn’t think twice about bidding £8m. Peanuts for them.

I wouldn't if I were them either. But if I'm Burnely and Bournemouth, I have a pretty good idea of where QPRs finances lay, and we would probably think long and hard regarding an 8m fee. So why would they begin at anything in the double digits.
Bright on 21:02 - Jan 29 with 2438 viewsWatford_Ranger

Bright on 20:58 - Jan 29 by CincyHoop

I wouldn't if I were them either. But if I'm Burnely and Bournemouth, I have a pretty good idea of where QPRs finances lay, and we would probably think long and hard regarding an 8m fee. So why would they begin at anything in the double digits.

Absolutely. Try a mug bid first like West Brom apparently have but you’d not be walking away from the deal at £8m, which is still nowhere near his worth.

As much as a we have a hope/plan for this conveyor belt of talent, it could be some time until we have another Eze, BOS or Chair let alone all three at once. If only we could defend, eh.
Bright on 21:08 - Jan 29 with 2399 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bright on 19:54 - Jan 29 by Gloucs_R

Sean said it's BS and don't believe all what you read.

£6m + add on's I reckon.

Sorry, I don't believe that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bright on 21:10 - Jan 29 with 2387 viewsdavman

If he doesn't sign a new contract this season, the club will have to sell him in the summer. If Eze goes and we don't pick up, I suspect that he won't sign, so we've only got one more window to wait...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

Bright on 21:17 - Jan 29 with 2345 viewsCincyHoop

Bright on 21:10 - Jan 29 by davman

If he doesn't sign a new contract this season, the club will have to sell him in the summer. If Eze goes and we don't pick up, I suspect that he won't sign, so we've only got one more window to wait...

And Lee and Les know this, which is why I think they would strongly consider a bid between 8-10.
Bright on 00:06 - Jan 30 with 2297 viewsMatch82

Bright on 20:58 - Jan 29 by CincyHoop

Two bidders is a step up leverage wise for us compared to anything over the last few years though
Bright on 00:49 - Jan 30 with 2223 viewsDavieQPR

People just love to ignore these contract extensions just to try and stir up a piece of sh*t. There is no way they cannot be aware of them. Stop treating us as idiots.
Bright on 01:01 - Jan 30 with 2211 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Bright on 19:39 - Jan 29 by Northernr

If they sold Bright for £3m there'd be a riot.

Yesterday Burnley and Southampton were rumoured to be interested for a fee of £8m. Today it's WBA for just £3m. You gotta love the internet.
Bright on 07:37 - Jan 30 with 2012 viewsDejR_vu

Bright on 20:02 - Jan 29 by Gloucs_R

Devil's advocate but he's only really come into form in the past few months before this he has been very hit-and-miss. There for is he really worth the multiple millions some of you talking about?

Even by our standards it would be absolutely crazy to develop him for three years, accept his inconsistency, and then as soon as we start to see the fruits of our labour let him go at a knock-down price because he’s been inconsistent in the past.

If we don’t get top dollar for Eze, BOS and, in all probability Chair, we really may as well just give up as a club. They tick all the boxes for players going for high fees. If we can’t get goodoney for that lot we’ll never make any money on anyone.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Bright on 08:23 - Jan 30 with 1902 viewsRblockPrior

In today's market if he goes for anything less than 10m it will be an absolute disaster, as mentioned you can only go by what similar players have gone for but 10m imo would be the current market value

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Bright on 08:32 - Jan 30 with 1867 viewsswitchingcode

Looked every bit a 10mill plus player when he played against us a few weeks back.Has he had a lot of injuries as he doesn’t seem to have played many games for you and Blackpool ?
Bright on 08:55 - Jan 30 with 1832 viewssexton

A victim of his previous inconsistency and some questionable managerial decisions (McClaren especially). Can't think of a player who has shown so much improvement in such a short time since Les.
Bright on 09:22 - Jan 30 with 1746 viewsWestbourneR

BOS is one of those players that has just suddenly clicked and basically doubled in quality. He's starting to look like a real match winner.

I do have doubts about his technical attributes at the highest level but he is very very quick and strong and that makes him appealing to top level clubs.

Mind you the 'push it past you and run' thing might not be so effective against pacier full backs. Kyle Walker would gobble him up, but then he'd gobble most people up.

Anyway, at this stage, £8-10 mill is a fair price - let's be realistic. The club would take that.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Bright on 10:36 - Jan 30 with 1586 viewsdaveB

Bright on 19:45 - Jan 29 by bosh67

I believe he can refuse it. I may be wrong. One of the players we should really keep at all costs.

He can't but if we have to activate the clause he will be in the last year of his deal next season so would have to sell in the summer, same with Manning
Bright on 10:44 - Jan 30 with 1545 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Bright on 09:22 - Jan 30 by WestbourneR

BOS is one of those players that has just suddenly clicked and basically doubled in quality. He's starting to look like a real match winner.

I do have doubts about his technical attributes at the highest level but he is very very quick and strong and that makes him appealing to top level clubs.

Mind you the 'push it past you and run' thing might not be so effective against pacier full backs. Kyle Walker would gobble him up, but then he'd gobble most people up.

Anyway, at this stage, £8-10 mill is a fair price - let's be realistic. The club would take that.

I was watching a video last night of the lad that Spurs have just signed from PSV for £27m. Very similar to Bright in lots of ways I thought but an obvious step up in class technique wise. Not saying Bright can’t be as good one day but nowhere near yet. £8-10 million about right.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Bright on 11:29 - Jan 30 with 1451 viewssexton

Bright on 09:22 - Jan 30 by WestbourneR

Bright's game has developed beyond 'push it past you and run'. He has shown that he has quick feet and can even do a pirouette as well. And he doesn't just knock it into the box - he waits and brings the ball back if there is nothing on.

A bigger prospect than Eze IMO.
Bright on 11:42 - Jan 30 with 1388 viewsMatch82

Bright on 10:44 - Jan 30 by CliveWilsonSaid

I was watching a video last night of the lad that Spurs have just signed from PSV for £27m. Very similar to Bright in lots of ways I thought but an obvious step up in class technique wise. Not saying Bright can’t be as good one day but nowhere near yet. £8-10 million about right.

To be fair that kid was 27 mil as reported, and I haven't seen anyone claim we should be holding out for that. Throw in the premium for being English and I don't think 10 mil is unrealistic in comparison
Bright on 11:49 - Jan 30 with 1373 viewsWestbourneR

Bright on 11:29 - Jan 30 by sexton

Bright's game has developed beyond 'push it past you and run'. He has shown that he has quick feet and can even do a pirouette as well. And he doesn't just knock it into the box - he waits and brings the ball back if there is nothing on.

A bigger prospect than Eze IMO.

No no no no Eze is one of a kind. There are many BOSes.

If Eze works on his shooting technique (which is really poor) he's a very good Premiership player.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Bright on 12:32 - Jan 30 with 1256 viewssexton

Bright on 11:49 - Jan 30 by WestbourneR

No no no no Eze is one of a kind. There are many BOSes.

If Eze works on his shooting technique (which is really poor) he's a very good Premiership player.

Eze needs to make teams hurt where it really matters.
Bright on 12:33 - Jan 30 with 1252 viewsJuzzie

Bright on 12:32 - Jan 30 by sexton

Eze needs to make teams hurt where it really matters.

Kick them in the balls?
Bright on 12:47 - Jan 30 with 1171 viewsRangersDave

Bright on 20:08 - Jan 29 by PunteR

This.
What is the point of selling our best players and replacing with less experienced and less adequate players. We will sit in 16th place forever.

or lower!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024