Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That is a properly professional point lads 21:43 - Feb 11 with 4589 viewsbosh67

Well done. Swansea not a single shot on target. Excellent effort.

Still QPR 11 Wales 2!!!
[Post edited 11 Feb 2020 21:44]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

That is a properly professional point lads on 10:45 - Feb 12 with 1160 viewsdaveB

That is a properly professional point lads on 00:30 - Feb 12 by DavieQPR

We were very lucky not to give away a couple of penalties tonight.

I didn't think any of them were penalties. Kelly got the ball for his ones, the Barbet ones there was not much in it, even the one at the end he throws himself to the floor.

I thought the ref had a good game overall apart from not booking Ayew
That is a properly professional point lads on 12:19 - Feb 12 with 1009 viewsTomS

That was a surprise. I didn't think we had a 0-0 draw in us this season.
That is a properly professional point lads on 12:32 - Feb 12 with 978 viewsShotKneesHoop

That is a properly professional point lads on 12:19 - Feb 12 by TomS

That was a surprise. I didn't think we had a 0-0 draw in us this season.

Only because it should've been a 2 -0 win for us.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

That is a properly professional point lads on 12:56 - Feb 12 with 935 viewsHighjack

That is a properly professional point lads on 09:57 - Feb 12 by Dixie_CT

I thought Swansea were played poorly and can't believe they haven't lost more. Sections of the crowd chanting 'Cooper, sort it out'.

Stating the obvious but it was either an off night or they are on the demise and it felt like a missed opportunity not to capitslise. In fairness to MW he did acknowledge it was dropped points.

Given the laughably ridiculous ease that greets most visiting teams as they leave with all three points without getting out of first gear it was definitely two points dropped for you.

On a vaguely related note. Take Bidwell back please ffs.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

That is a properly professional point lads on 12:57 - Feb 12 with 932 viewsWestbourneR

That is a properly professional point lads on 12:56 - Feb 12 by Highjack

Given the laughably ridiculous ease that greets most visiting teams as they leave with all three points without getting out of first gear it was definitely two points dropped for you.

Haha. Bidwell.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

That is a properly professional point lads on 13:10 - Feb 12 with 895 viewsManinBlack

As we rarely win at Swansea this was a missed opportunity as they were there for the taking. It is unfortunate for us that we were in a bad spell of form that has taken some of the self belief away going into the game.

Charlton getting an unexpected win at Forest did not improve my mood. Coming into the business end of the season is not the time to stop scoring goals.
That is a properly professional point lads on 13:47 - Feb 12 with 830 viewsnix

We can't afford Bidwell, he's on quite a whack.

I see you divested yourself of Tom Carroll this season. We've only just got rid of most of our overpaid dross. It's painful but worth it in the long run, whatever the Twitterati might say.

Do you think you still might make the play offs? To me you didn't seem to put enough effort in in the final third. Too many players looking for penalties or free kicks rather than just trying to shoot, but that might have been just last night.
That is a properly professional point lads on 13:49 - Feb 12 with 823 viewsthemodfather

qpr played well, we defended so much better and limited Swansea to a few half chances, we could have won tis one but a good away point. our much maligned defence looked in control and organised.
Login to get fewer ads

That is a properly professional point lads on 14:02 - Feb 12 with 789 viewsYorkRanger

Lots to be pleased about - well organised, worked hard, limited Swansea's chances to next to nothing and created enough decent half chances that on another day would have led to a win.

Pleased for Pugh, thought he had a good game and whilst there are segments of the support who seem to try and knock him at every opportunity, we shouldn't forget how highly he was thought of at Bournemouth (albeit he is not getting any younger).

As ever massive credit to those who travelled.
That is a properly professional point lads on 14:26 - Feb 12 with 762 viewsHighjack

That is a properly professional point lads on 13:47 - Feb 12 by nix

We can't afford Bidwell, he's on quite a whack.

I see you divested yourself of Tom Carroll this season. We've only just got rid of most of our overpaid dross. It's painful but worth it in the long run, whatever the Twitterati might say.

Do you think you still might make the play offs? To me you didn't seem to put enough effort in in the final third. Too many players looking for penalties or free kicks rather than just trying to shoot, but that might have been just last night.

We are a very sporting side. We could win fair play awards based entirely on the fact that we refuse to attack until the opposition are back in position and organised. This coupled with the painful lack of pace and no physical presence up front makes us incredibly toothless in attack and every goal we have to work hard for.

Defensively (Bidwell aside) we’re genuinely very good. Most of the goals we concede are from when we give the ball away easily in stupid areas like we did several times last night.

We are where we are because we deserve to be there. We’re probably overachieving if anything points wise. Had a great start. Think we won about six of our first eight games and it’s been lower league form since then.

The worry is next season. Pretty much the entire squad is out of contract or returning to their parent clubs.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

That is a properly professional point lads on 14:45 - Feb 12 with 723 viewsNed_Kennedys

That is a properly professional point lads on 14:02 - Feb 12 by YorkRanger

Lots to be pleased about - well organised, worked hard, limited Swansea's chances to next to nothing and created enough decent half chances that on another day would have led to a win.

Pleased for Pugh, thought he had a good game and whilst there are segments of the support who seem to try and knock him at every opportunity, we shouldn't forget how highly he was thought of at Bournemouth (albeit he is not getting any younger).

As ever massive credit to those who travelled.

Totally agree about Pugh, ridiculous that some are slagging the bloke off as useless when that was probably his first full 90 minutes for ages. Played very well last night and not surprised he got the Sky MOTM.
That is a properly professional point lads on 14:55 - Feb 12 with 707 viewsgazza1

I think BOS deserves a shout.....worked his full back very hard, ran at him a lot, worked going backwards too and got into scoring positions a couple of times but just didn't do it, if he had he would have been my MOM. Played a lot better than he has the past 2/3 matches but all the players were better last night hence why Swansea looked a pretty average team and we deserved 3 points.
That is a properly professional point lads on 14:56 - Feb 12 with 705 viewsLongsufferingR

I thought Rangel stood out last night. Shame he's lost some speed but thought he was great.
That is a properly professional point lads on 14:58 - Feb 12 with 704 viewsgazza1

That is a properly professional point lads on 14:56 - Feb 12 by LongsufferingR

I thought Rangel stood out last night. Shame he's lost some speed but thought he was great.

He should play in certain games......last night was a good time to play him, did well, very well.
That is a properly professional point lads on 15:46 - Feb 12 with 634 viewsPinnerPaul

That is a properly professional point lads on 22:37 - Feb 11 by ted_hendrix

Excellent point tonight no question about that also the lesser spotted clean sheet made an appearance tonight which for me is a huge bonus. Tonight's point will count for nothing though if we don't get a result on Saturday, each season i'm always the same (obsessed with getting past the 40 point mark)
As they say in Russia; "Grazie amore mio".

Football cliché alert

'Tonight's point will count for nothing if we don't win on Saturday'

Are they going to take it off us then if lose?
That is a properly professional point lads on 15:51 - Feb 12 with 622 viewsTheChef

That is a properly professional point lads on 15:46 - Feb 12 by PinnerPaul

Football cliché alert

'Tonight's point will count for nothing if we don't win on Saturday'

Are they going to take it off us then if lose?

Ha!

A win on Saturday would be very useful, as we sure ain't going to get anything at Forest. Unless by some miracle we win there again, in which case the apocalypse must be round the corner.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

That is a properly professional point lads on 16:37 - Feb 12 with 588 viewsParkRoyalR

Jakey Bidwell, you will still meet R's fans who will say he was a solid 7/10 most weeks!
That is a properly professional point lads on 16:37 - Feb 12 with 586 viewsLongsufferingR

That is a properly professional point lads on 15:51 - Feb 12 by TheChef

Ha!

A win on Saturday would be very useful, as we sure ain't going to get anything at Forest. Unless by some miracle we win there again, in which case the apocalypse must be round the corner.

Nottm Forest 0 Charlton 1
That is a properly professional point lads on 17:04 - Feb 12 with 571 viewsderbyhoop

That is a properly professional point lads on 14:26 - Feb 12 by Highjack

We are a very sporting side. We could win fair play awards based entirely on the fact that we refuse to attack until the opposition are back in position and organised. This coupled with the painful lack of pace and no physical presence up front makes us incredibly toothless in attack and every goal we have to work hard for.

Defensively (Bidwell aside) we’re genuinely very good. Most of the goals we concede are from when we give the ball away easily in stupid areas like we did several times last night.

We are where we are because we deserve to be there. We’re probably overachieving if anything points wise. Had a great start. Think we won about six of our first eight games and it’s been lower league form since then.

The worry is next season. Pretty much the entire squad is out of contract or returning to their parent clubs.

I read the interview with one your fans as part of our preview. It does seem that, if you don't go up this year, next season could be a struggle.
Rodon is on the radar of a number of clubs. Brewster and Gallagher going back and you'd look pretty toothless.
Good luck for the rest of the season.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

That is a properly professional point lads on 21:00 - Feb 12 with 516 viewsnix

That is a properly professional point lads on 14:26 - Feb 12 by Highjack

We've been in a very similar position after relegation. Tbh I've enjoyed it more once we've got rid of the flash Harry's and brought in some younger players who really want to play for us.

Your explanation makes sense given that you've let in far fewer than us but scored less too. Although we haven't been on top form recently, your defence dealt with our forward line pretty well.

Hope it goes well for the rest of the season.
That is a properly professional point lads on 21:11 - Feb 12 with 508 viewsManinBlack

I was surprised to learn that Cardiff have gone nine games unbeaten in league and cup since we put six past them, which just goes to show, that just because someone looked poor against us can be misleading. So on that basis there is still hope for Swansea to make the play-offs no matter how poorly they played against us.

In other news, Bristol City's two strikers acquired in the last transfer window, have both scored on their home debuts...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024