Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? 22:30 - Feb 27 with 2361 viewsDannyPaddox

Rs fans in the 60s and definite evidence of Percy Dalton-based debris bottom right but can you name the game?
Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 22:53 - Feb 27 with 2319 viewsQPRSteve

Leicester in the 67 League Cup?
Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 23:00 - Feb 27 with 2303 viewsDannyPaddox

Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 22:53 - Feb 27 by QPRSteve

Leicester in the 67 League Cup?

Apart from being the wrong year and over a hundred miles out that’s not a bad guess.
Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 23:54 - Feb 27 with 2260 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 23:00 - Feb 27 by DannyPaddox

Apart from being the wrong year and over a hundred miles out that’s not a bad guess.

It doesn't really look like Loftus Rd but from your answer how about QPR v Leicester City 10th August 1968. Our first ever game in the top flight. 1-1 draw.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/archive/qprs-first-game-in-the-top-flight/z4v6kmn

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 23:59 - Feb 27 with 2251 viewsDannyPaddox

It’s an away game.
Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 00:02 - Feb 28 with 2245 viewsFredManRave

Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 23:54 - Feb 27 by CliveWilsonSaid

It doesn't really look like Loftus Rd but from your answer how about QPR v Leicester City 10th August 1968. Our first ever game in the top flight. 1-1 draw.

Wow! What a find that is. Loads of intersting stuff in that short clip.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 02:28 - Feb 28 with 2186 viewsBoston

They’re obviously high on something, maybe the question should be wtf were they on?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 07:12 - Feb 28 with 2128 viewsdistortR

the shelled nuts point to sharon's monkey being present. But the time line suggests it was before it moved to hainault?

Could the photo have been taken in the great dwarfism pandemic of '69?
[Post edited 28 Feb 2020 7:17]
Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 08:09 - Feb 28 with 2089 viewsjohncharles

Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 00:02 - Feb 28 by FredManRave

Wow! What a find that is. Loads of intersting stuff in that short clip.

Great clip 👍. Thanks

Strong and stable my arse.

Login to get fewer ads

Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 08:38 - Feb 28 with 2063 viewsPikey

Arsenal away 1968/69 season ?
Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 08:43 - Feb 28 with 2055 viewsWokingR

Being that low to the pitch makes me thinks it's Fulham.
Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 09:06 - Feb 28 with 2029 viewsShotKneesHoop

Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 08:43 - Feb 28 by WokingR

Being that low to the pitch makes me thinks it's Fulham.

or the old Griffin Park.

Fulham were always in the the First Division in those days.

Definitely the late sixties with the drum and the Percy Daltons

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 09:07 - Feb 28 with 2020 views2Thomas2Bowles

Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 07:12 - Feb 28 by distortR

the shelled nuts point to sharon's monkey being present. But the time line suggests it was before it moved to hainault?

Could the photo have been taken in the great dwarfism pandemic of '69?
[Post edited 28 Feb 2020 7:17]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 09:21 - Feb 28 with 1997 viewsBathRanger

Away to Birmingham in the late 60s?
Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 09:27 - Feb 28 with 1980 viewsizlingtonhoop

Whichever team it was against, Rangers must've won with that kid from 'Village of the Damned' among the support...
Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 09:28 - Feb 28 with 1971 viewsShotKneesHoop

Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 09:27 - Feb 28 by izlingtonhoop

Whichever team it was against, Rangers must've won with that kid from 'Village of the Damned' among the support...

Isn't that a bird from the bush?

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 09:59 - Feb 28 with 1938 viewsterryb

Away to Ipswich in 1968? We took out whole allocation in an all ticket sell out. Than you Mick Leach for the last minute equaliser!

Just realised you stated Leicester was a 100 miles out & Ipswich is further away than that!
Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 11:23 - Feb 28 with 1850 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 09:59 - Feb 28 by terryb

Away to Ipswich in 1968? We took out whole allocation in an all ticket sell out. Than you Mick Leach for the last minute equaliser!

Just realised you stated Leicester was a 100 miles out & Ipswich is further away than that!

Distance from Leicester to Ipswich as the crow flies is 104 miles so it could be right.

Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 11:25 - Feb 28 with 1842 viewsMick_S

Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 09:28 - Feb 28 by ShotKneesHoop

Isn't that a bird from the bush?

Could be Sharon - there is evidence!

Edit - apologies to distort. Spakadoodle do.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2020 12:01]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 11:41 - Feb 28 with 1806 viewsDannyPaddox

Great recollections in some of the wrong answers but BathRanger got it. Birmingham away 1967. First Round of the League Cup Semi-Final. The Rs (losing 1-0 at HT) won 4-1 in front of a 34,000+ crowd including a couple of thousand Rangers. Of course 3 goals up in a first leg is no guarantee of anything for QPR but people were sensing a first ever trip to Wembley. Must have been nuts - clearly.

And on that, the VAR historic unit at Stockley Park, following on from DistortR’s comments, have looked at the image from another angle and indeed revealed ...

... a monkey!

But is it Sharon’s monkey? And is that Sharon? Maybe Sharon’s mum or older sister? Did Sharon have an older sister? Could it be the same monkey? Just what is the lifespan of a macaque? Or is it one of Robert Elm’s train-hopping Westway primates? So many questions.
Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 11:42 - Feb 28 with 1796 viewsMick_S

Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 11:56 - Feb 28 with 1773 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 11:41 - Feb 28 by DannyPaddox

Great recollections in some of the wrong answers but BathRanger got it. Birmingham away 1967. First Round of the League Cup Semi-Final. The Rs (losing 1-0 at HT) won 4-1 in front of a 34,000+ crowd including a couple of thousand Rangers. Of course 3 goals up in a first leg is no guarantee of anything for QPR but people were sensing a first ever trip to Wembley. Must have been nuts - clearly.

And on that, the VAR historic unit at Stockley Park, following on from DistortR’s comments, have looked at the image from another angle and indeed revealed ...

... a monkey!

But is it Sharon’s monkey? And is that Sharon? Maybe Sharon’s mum or older sister? Did Sharon have an older sister? Could it be the same monkey? Just what is the lifespan of a macaque? Or is it one of Robert Elm’s train-hopping Westway primates? So many questions.

Hang on!

Forget the monkeys. All I see are red herrings! You said it was over 100 miles from Leicester and not 1967!

Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 11:58 - Feb 28 with 1765 viewsMick_S

Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 11:56 - Feb 28 by CliveWilsonSaid

Hang on!

Forget the monkeys. All I see are red herrings! You said it was over 100 miles from Leicester and not 1967!

Yeah!!!!

Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 12:18 - Feb 28 with 1729 viewsDannyPaddox

I shall explain. The first answer was ”Leicester in the 67 League Cup”. That tie two rounds earlier than the SF was a home fixture and London is approximately 125 miles from Birmingham (the correct answer)

Ah I will admit there’s a bit of ambiguity over the year. When QPRSteve said “Leicester 67 in the League Cup “ I meant wrong year in relation to Leicester as that game was in 66. Anyway it’s now irrelevant - MickS wins for posting the long lost Di Carmine picture in the other thread
[Post edited 28 Feb 2020 12:27]
Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 15:54 - Feb 28 with 1601 viewsTheChef

Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 23:54 - Feb 27 by CliveWilsonSaid

What kind of a theme tune is that??

Nice shots of the nascent SAR.

Allan Clarke, what a waste of money.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Shelled Nuts But What Was The Game? on 15:27 - Feb 29 with 1377 viewswelwynranger

I thought it was Ipswich. Because I found myself in the away end, while being ejected by police was being walked around the pitch ran away and jumped into the mass of QPR fans along the side. I remember the wall being very low.
2-2 great game
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024