Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze 09:51 - Feb 29 with 5730 viewsthehat

After reading the accounts maybe just maybe we have enough room and shekels to tempt Eze to sign a new deal and stay for one more season and have a right go at the Play offs next time round.

Maybe even look to sell Manning if we need to but keep the rest of the squad together (including Hugill for another year)

Another season would also surely only increase Eze's value too.....

"you may say I'm a Dreamer but I'm not the only one"

Eze on 10:37 - Feb 29 with 3978 viewsMedwayR

Despite the overall positivity around the accounts and current financial situation at the club we still lose a lot of money and need to continue being financially prudent.

However, we are in a situation where we can sell on our terms so if no one is willing to pay up for Eze then he stays. He's on a long term contract, has never been unsettled by rumours and I don't expect that to change. Imagine choosing 3 from Eze, BOS, Chair, Smyth and Shodipo next year, plus maybe Pugh or Clarke if he comes good and stays longer.

My pressing concern is getting BOS and Manning signed up on longer term contracts. If the right offer comes in for Eze then we'd have a great opportunity to bank some money and strengthen the entire team.

We're in a win-win situation at the moment due to the hard work Hoos, Ferdinand, Ramsey etc have done over the last few years.

Poll: Who’s better?

Eze on 10:38 - Feb 29 with 3975 viewscolinallcars

We are the dreamers of dreams....keep Eze, let Hall who may be our highest earner go, put Masterson alongside Barbet and have a crack at the playoffs next year.
Eze on 10:44 - Feb 29 with 3959 viewsAntti_Heinola

Let's just stop this.
Eze is going and he should go, for himself and the club. Get used to that.
If we can hold on to BOS (50/50) and Manning (far more likely), we'll be in a good position next season.
Plus, we'll get Freeman back ;)

Bare bones.

Eze on 10:54 - Feb 29 with 3935 viewsGroveR

Eze on 10:44 - Feb 29 by Antti_Heinola

Let's just stop this.
If we can hold on to BOS (50/50) and Manning (far more likely), we'll be in a good position next season.

Eze is going and he should go, for himself and the club if the price it's right.
Eze on 10:55 - Feb 29 with 3933 viewsMedwayR

Let's just stop this.

I've just read the match preview, I thought Eze had signed a longer term contract but he'll be going into the last year of his contract too...although I'm sure Hoos will have his year option in there too technically extending his contract date to 2022.

Poll: Who’s better?

Eze on 12:17 - Feb 29 with 3784 viewsShunter

Let's just stop this.

Can't agree about Eze, I believe he needs to stay another year, mainly for himself
otherwise I can see him sitting on a premiership bench, that would be a complete
waste of an amazing talent.

He has improved a lot this season, so full marks to MW and the backroom staff, but he needs to be playing regularly to increase that improvement and getting splinters in his ass sitting on a prem bench wont help.
Eze on 13:39 - Feb 29 with 3623 viewsDavieQPR

Eze on 12:17 - Feb 29 by Shunter

Can't agree about Eze, I believe he needs to stay another year, mainly for himself
otherwise I can see him sitting on a premiership bench, that would be a complete
waste of an amazing talent.

He has improved a lot this season, so full marks to MW and the backroom staff, but he needs to be playing regularly to increase that improvement and getting splinters in his ass sitting on a prem bench wont help.

Agree with this. We thought Freeman was the bee's knees and he has only managed 9 matches for Sheff Utd.
Eze on 15:01 - Feb 29 with 3544 viewsMatch82

Eze on 13:39 - Feb 29 by DavieQPR

Agree with this. We thought Freeman was the bee's knees and he has only managed 9 matches for Sheff Utd.

I hope any team that buys Eze does so both for his current ability and for the incredibly high ceiling that he has, and gives him game time accordingly. Freeman, great as he is, has a much lower ceiling than Eze. He was bought to be a squad player for them, people will (or should) be buying Eze as an immediate contributor and future superstar.

And to be fair, hard to argue with the decisions Sheff Utd have made this year looking at their league position
Login to get fewer ads

Eze on 11:08 - Mar 2 with 3056 viewsfrancisbowles

If we haven't got that extra year's option on Eze's contract, then he has to be sold....end of.

Stating the obvious but it will be a huge problem for us if we have to sell him and BOS this summer but we simply have to get as much as we can for them rather than risking losing them for nothing. Same applies to Manning.

They are both in excellent form so hopefully there will be plenty of bids. If we are really lucky and it is a really big club we might even get a loan back as part of a deal.
Eze on 12:05 - Mar 2 with 2971 viewsdannyblue

I had a dangerous day dream. This is a good team and getting better. It’ll be sad to break it up. If new contracts could be sorted, with our financial position better, it would be lovely to push on with it. With Warburton’s transfer record, and those out of contract in the summer Making room, there’s every likelihood we could strengthen the team without bloating the squad.
Eze on 12:51 - Mar 2 with 2888 viewsngbqpr

As I said on a similar thread - if we could do what Norwich did when they sold Maddison & the Murphys (reinvest wisely and get promotion), I think we'd be quite satisfied...?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Eze on 12:54 - Mar 2 with 2875 viewskensalriser

Maddison and the Murphys...are they at Glastonbury this year?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Eze on 13:30 - Mar 2 with 2822 viewsToast_R

A difficult one for Eze, he'll be looking at a Premier League club but the reality is that he won't be playing much if he goes to a consolidated one. He'll be rich though.

I'll be gutted for him if he goes to Spurs and ends up losing the best years of his career to a reserves league and a Carabao Cup start. He'd be much better off getting promoted to the Premier League with a Championship club where he'd still keep his place the following season, thing is with FFP the wages on offer won't be anywhere near PL level.
Eze on 13:52 - Mar 2 with 2771 viewsngbqpr

Eze on 12:54 - Mar 2 by kensalriser

Bit more Green man I'd say.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Eze on 14:04 - Mar 2 with 2735 viewsdaveB

unless Eze signs a new deal then we have to sell him this summer, same with Bright and Manning
Eze on 14:27 - Mar 2 with 2658 viewsStatesideRanger

Eze on 14:04 - Mar 2 by daveB

unless Eze signs a new deal then we have to sell him this summer, same with Bright and Manning

We CAN'T afford not to sell Eze. FFP is going to whack a lot of clubs in the coming months, so we need to stay ahead of that wave...
Eze on 14:44 - Mar 2 with 2628 viewsDannyPaddox

Eze on 12:54 - Mar 2 by kensalriser

Maddison & The Murphys. The biggest thing since ...

Eze on 14:51 - Mar 2 with 2610 viewsMick_S

Eze on 14:44 - Mar 2 by DannyPaddox

Did you put the hair on the one in the middle?

I'm guessing that's Big Tom.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2020 14:56]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Eze on 14:57 - Mar 2 with 2591 viewsMytch_QPR

Eze on 14:51 - Mar 2 by Mick_S

Did you put the hair on the one in the middle?

I'm guessing that's Big Tom.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2020 14:56]

The one in the middle looks like John Motson's mildly violent brother, the one on the right is a young Terry Wogan.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Eze on 14:59 - Mar 2 with 2583 viewsMick_S

Bottom right is Bruce Rioch's nice young brother.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Eze on 15:14 - Mar 2 with 2554 viewsW7Ranger

Eze on 14:44 - Mar 2 by DannyPaddox

Jimmy White bottom left.
Eze on 15:19 - Mar 2 with 2542 viewskensalriser

Every member sponsored by Rugs R Us. Fittings by carrier pigeon. Tremendous.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Eze on 15:19 - Mar 2 with 2540 viewsDannyPaddox

Eze on 14:57 - Mar 2 by Mytch_QPR

The one in the middle looks like John Motson's mildly violent brother, the one on the right is a young Terry Wogan.

Which was indeed the name of their difficult third album ...

Eze on 15:29 - Mar 2 with 2514 viewsNW5Hoop

Even if we keep Eze, we won't be in a position to push for the play-offs next year, because we won't have any money to strengthen the defence. The calculation should never be, for the club's part, what's the best thing for a player who definitely will leave us sooner or later. It should be what's best for the club. I'f be pretty happy to put up with the defence conceding two a game in order to carry on watching Eze, but I'm not sure it's the best thing for the club.
Eze on 16:25 - Mar 2 with 2433 viewsrunningman75

I think Eze will go but to a smaller Premier League club such as Crystal Palace (depending on where Saha goes). I cannot see him going to a bigger Premier league team
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024