Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Toilet paper 08:33 - Mar 7 with 6320 viewsozranger

Mass hysteria back in Australia as fights continue to break out in supermarkets. Now I know that there is a separate thread for the virus thingy but this is just too hilarious not to have one for itself.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/fight-in-sydney-woolworths-as-tensions-flare-ove

For some strange and amusing reason, Australians believe that there is a need to stock up on toilet paper. So, it is becoming as hard to find any in the supermarkets as it is to find hand sanitisers in the pharmacies here. Some supermarkets are rationing it. However, at least we aren't fighting over it.

Mind you, I have heard that laxatives have also been selling like hotcakes as hoarders try to make use of excess toilet paper.
Toilet paper on 08:51 - Mar 7 with 4580 viewssmegma

I went to my local Tescos last night (Hoover Building, Perivale) adn they had sold out of toilet paper, hand gel, dry pasta and croissants. You know, the important things.

The worlds gone effing mad.
Toilet paper on 10:14 - Mar 7 with 4481 viewsenfieldargh

Toilet paper on 08:51 - Mar 7 by smegma

I went to my local Tescos last night (Hoover Building, Perivale) adn they had sold out of toilet paper, hand gel, dry pasta and croissants. You know, the important things.

The worlds gone effing mad.

Have you tried wiping your arse with a Croissant?

WARNING. Avoid the ones with almond flakes

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Toilet paper on 10:18 - Mar 7 with 4474 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Cornovirus doesn't even give you the shits either.
Toilet paper on 10:25 - Mar 7 with 4460 viewssmegma

Toilet paper on 10:14 - Mar 7 by enfieldargh

Last time I wiped my 'arris with a croissant it became a pain au chocolate !!
Toilet paper on 13:25 - Mar 7 with 4345 viewsDavieQPR

Government are now advising people to use both sides or stocks will be wiped out.
Toilet paper on 14:03 - Mar 7 with 4287 viewsJAPRANGERS

Where do people put all the arse wiping paper they panic buy?? I went shopping at the local supermarket this afternoon and there was plenty of bog paper and tissue boxes etc. But I read that somewhere in Japan, a bog paper bandit actually pulled a knife on a fellow shopper in a dispute over dwindling supplies!
Toilet paper on 18:08 - Mar 7 with 4086 viewstimcocking

Toilet paper on 10:14 - Mar 7 by enfieldargh

My favourite post for some time...
Toilet paper on 18:14 - Mar 7 with 4063 viewsJuzzie

Same here in London, toilet paper being bought en masse. No idea why, as said above , it doesn’t give you the schits. Very strange.
Login to get fewer ads

Toilet paper on 18:27 - Mar 7 with 4042 viewsenfieldargh

Toilet paper on 18:08 - Mar 7 by timcocking

I'm in to pastry ion a very big way

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Toilet paper on 18:35 - Mar 7 with 4018 viewsDrewster

Sainsbury’s Hampton today, toilet roll completely sold out, an entire aisle.
No paracetamol and no pasta!!
FFS what is wrong with people.
Cashier told us that people been bulk buying Calpol!!

I’ve lost faith in common sense now.
Toilet paper on 19:44 - Mar 7 with 3920 viewsHAYESBOY

Shopping for Mum & Dad today in the Sainsbury’s at Hayes near the Grapes.
Toilet paper nearly gone and sanitary towels also nearly out.

Loads of Dettol and hand wash though.

Got to get your priorities right I suppose.

People are weird.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Toilet paper on 19:54 - Mar 7 with 3895 viewsDeepcutHoop

Very weird stuff. Mass hysteria effects a lot of people. At least the profiteering on hand sanitiser makes more sense.
Toilet paper on 20:09 - Mar 7 with 3868 viewshamptonhillhoop

Toilet paper on 18:35 - Mar 7 by Drewster

Sainsbury’s Hampton today, toilet roll completely sold out, an entire aisle.
No paracetamol and no pasta!!
FFS what is wrong with people.
Cashier told us that people been bulk buying Calpol!!

I’ve lost faith in common sense now.

I saw a woman buy 8 packs of 24 rolls today in Tescos in Sunbury.
Madness
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 20:11]
Toilet paper on 20:13 - Mar 7 with 3858 viewsozranger

Something must have happened o/n. When the missus and I went shopping yesterday there was just sooo much toilet paper that that was the reason why I posted this. One store even had its front window full of toilet paper as if it had too much.

But, from what I am hearing, the pandemic of stupidity appears to have been carried on one of the fights from Australia to here now. Just unbelievable.
Toilet paper on 20:13 - Mar 7 with 3858 viewspaulparker

Shopping today in Morrison’s Northampton
All the hand gel gone, all the cheap paracetamol gone ( but plenty of anadin ) oh and no bog roll

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Toilet paper on 20:24 - Mar 7 with 3836 viewsCamberleyR

Same thing in Costco the wholesalers in Farnborough today. Went down there earlier and no toilet paper (which they sell in packs of 40, 10 packs of 4), soap or hand wash.

Now soap and hand wash I can only just about understand buying more of (but not panic buying obviously) because we've been told to wash our hands more often but toilet paper?

If you do catch it or suspect you have it and have to self isolate for two weeks you're not going to get through a big family pack of toilet rolls in two weeks FFS. The public's stupidity sometimes never fails to amaze me. The same thing happens when it snows and we have a cold snap of three or four days.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Toilet paper on 20:48 - Mar 7 with 3789 viewsHooparoo

In the US, FEMA run a disaster scenario every year to see how long it takes for law and order to break down and for anarchy to ensue. The answer? 3 days until people start shooting each other for a can of baked beans.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Toilet paper on 21:19 - Mar 7 with 3753 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

(Stolen from Facebook)

Forty years of the Neoliberal me, me, me and f*** everyone else is driving those empty supermarket shelves as those WITH money buy a month's worth of groceries and ram them into a leased 4x4 on an evening, while those without have to wait for a morning bus, can't afford to buy more than a week's worth at a time, and now find there's nothing left anyway. A shortage created by the selfishness of those who feared a shortage. Genius.

Chronic underinvestment in the NHS leaves front line services at breaking point on an average day anyway, add this and they will be utterly overwhelmed.

Abysmal levels of sick pay, massive amounts of self-employment, poverty wages and zero hours contracts- coupled with massive housing costs due to a shortage of homes, and massive utility bills thanks to privatisation- will mean people simply can't afford to 'self-isolate' and drag themselves into work anyway, thereby risking not only their own health, but a wholesale spread of the virus.

Oh, and a government and media everyone believes but nobody trusts, which creates the uniquely stupid combination of the mass population believing all bad stuff and not believing any good.

I could go on, but you get the picture.

We are doing this to ourselves.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 22:01]
Toilet paper on 21:41 - Mar 7 with 3712 viewsLythamR

Toilet paper on 21:19 - Mar 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

(Stolen from Facebook)

Forty years of the Neoliberal me, me, me and f*** everyone else is driving those empty supermarket shelves as those WITH money buy a month's worth of groceries and ram them into a leased 4x4 on an evening, while those without have to wait for a morning bus, can't afford to buy more than a week's worth at a time, and now find there's nothing left anyway. A shortage created by the selfishness of those who feared a shortage. Genius.

Chronic underinvestment in the NHS leaves front line services at breaking point on an average day anyway, add this and they will be utterly overwhelmed.

Abysmal levels of sick pay, massive amounts of self-employment, poverty wages and zero hours contracts- coupled with massive housing costs due to a shortage of homes, and massive utility bills thanks to privatisation- will mean people simply can't afford to 'self-isolate' and drag themselves into work anyway, thereby risking not only their own health, but a wholesale spread of the virus.

Oh, and a government and media everyone believes but nobody trusts, which creates the uniquely stupid combination of the mass population believing all bad stuff and not believing any good.

I could go on, but you get the picture.

We are doing this to ourselves.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 22:01]

meanwhile ooop north in my local morrisons there was toilet roll stacked to the rafters and hand gels temptingly placed by the check outs although there did seem to have been a run on beef and tomatoe pot noodles

Early evening there was some reported cries of anguish and even some screaming in Lytham but that turned out to be PNE supporters arriving back from Deepdale!
Toilet paper on 21:49 - Mar 7 with 3689 viewsozexile

I went to a supermarket in Sydney today and people who you would consider sane rushing aroubd with 3 x 24 packs of toilet roll paper?

Why? I wish I'd have asked them what their thinking was?.
Toilet paper on 21:57 - Mar 7 with 3663 viewsHarrowRoadR

Toilet paper on 18:08 - Mar 7 by timcocking

I just choked on me sandwich. 🤣
Toilet paper on 00:34 - Mar 8 with 3543 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Whatever happened to keep calm and carry on? My goodness, the unnecessary panic levels are reaching Y2K proportions.
Toilet paper on 00:47 - Mar 8 with 3532 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Can't rely on shiit these days

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Toilet paper on 08:49 - Mar 8 with 3336 viewsPaddyhoops

I'm working on a building site in parliament at the moment. The amount of people who piss and shit and then don't wash thier hands would astound you.
They then proceed to go to various finger fob checkpoints and then stick thier shitty/ pissy fingers on them.
You're f**ked anyway!!🤦‍♂️💩💩
Toilet paper on 09:10 - Mar 8 with 3293 views18StoneOfHoop

Toilet paper on 08:49 - Mar 8 by Paddyhoops

I'm working on a building site in parliament at the moment. The amount of people who piss and shit and then don't wash thier hands would astound you.
They then proceed to go to various finger fob checkpoints and then stick thier shitty/ pissy fingers on them.
You're f**ked anyway!!🤦‍♂️💩💩

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024