Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... 16:50 - Mar 20 with 5616 viewsqprxtc

T’pau.

I fancied old ginger Carol. And I thought the Bridge of Spies was really good. An truly awful drummer though. He had less swing than an armless cricketer. Still play it quietly on my own.
Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 18:20 - Mar 23 with 1048 viewsWoog

Aha

Marketed as a teeny-dream pop band, but seriously underrated imho. Pal Waaktaar is a great songwriter.

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 19:32 - Mar 23 with 1016 viewshantssi

Bizarrely, liked Genesis and Led Zeppelin in the 70’s/80’s I’ve always really liked Erasure, love their upbeat fun music, always cheers me up.
Also a great stage show even now!
Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 19:49 - Mar 23 with 1005 viewsitsbiga

I did like that album by The Darkness when it came out.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 19:54 - Mar 23 with 1000 viewsdistortR

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 10:25 - Mar 23 by rrrspricey

Embarrassingly i quite like some stuff by Justin Bieber

Some "crap" songs that bring back fond memories

Convoy - CW McCall(sp)
Tie a Yellow Ribbon - ?
My Dingaling - Chuck Berry
The Streak - ?

the baron knights!
Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 19:56 - Mar 23 with 997 viewsdistortR

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 00:38 - Mar 21 by karl

When sober I've a poor taste in music, mostly ska type of stuff but hugely varied (eclectic if I was the pretentious type I'm sure) however when i get to the qprxtc levels its full on country. Unapologetically its 'Keep it Country' bad (Sky Channel 376) Irish/Scottish Country, sober at 12 noon its horrendous but 12 midnight its YEEHA!
I grew up seeing the Indians and Playboys at Country dances and subliminally when I was p1ssed it's captured me. I actually don't know why I still drink...

That video makes it worse, in mitigation when we saw them mostly it was barn dances which were literally on farms in 'byres' so they were right in among us, had them on our shoulders and the like, at more formal 'dances' (concerts where no one was sitting) they were maybe on a 3ft stage so a little different. Are these excuses for liking this music?
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 0:45]

"In mitigation"

Yeah, right.

GUILTY
Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 20:05 - Mar 23 with 980 viewsRebalhoop

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 17:24 - Mar 20 by R_from_afar

Great thread but prepare for a list of naff bands as long as your arm from yours truly.

Argent
Yes
Supertramp
Tangerine Dream
Stereolab
Kiss
Triumph
Caravan
Menswear
Ozric Tentacles
Rage against the Machine (only joking, they most certainly do not belong here)
Popol Vuh

None of this is really a secret any more, is it?

Ozric’s were one of the best live bands I’ve seen,at the Alleycat in Reading,yonks ago
Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 21:18 - Mar 23 with 949 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 18:04 - Mar 23 by Woog

Agreed, superb band. 'Sumday' is not far off 'The Sophtware Slump' either.

Agree completely. A cracking album.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 21:19 - Mar 23 with 945 viewsqprxtc

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 19:54 - Mar 23 by distortR

the baron knights!

Login to get fewer ads

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 22:08 - Mar 23 with 922 viewsMrSheen

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 00:38 - Mar 21 by karl

When sober I've a poor taste in music, mostly ska type of stuff but hugely varied (eclectic if I was the pretentious type I'm sure) however when i get to the qprxtc levels its full on country. Unapologetically its 'Keep it Country' bad (Sky Channel 376) Irish/Scottish Country, sober at 12 noon its horrendous but 12 midnight its YEEHA!
I grew up seeing the Indians and Playboys at Country dances and subliminally when I was p1ssed it's captured me. I actually don't know why I still drink...

That video makes it worse, in mitigation when we saw them mostly it was barn dances which were literally on farms in 'byres' so they were right in among us, had them on our shoulders and the like, at more formal 'dances' (concerts where no one was sitting) they were maybe on a 3ft stage so a little different. Are these excuses for liking this music?
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 0:45]

Nothing made my Dad happier than a Country and Irish band cranking through Marty Robbins covers or Limerick You’re a Lady as the soundtrack to a night’s drinking. He used to drag me all over to find a pub with a live band. In all that time, I think the most appreciation he ever showed the performers was a five-second round of applause after the Soldier’s Song.
Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 08:15 - Mar 24 with 860 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I love the fact Chas and Dave supported Led Zep at Knebworth.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 08:17 - Mar 24 with 855 viewscolinallcars

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 08:15 - Mar 24 by Metallica_Hoop

I love the fact Chas and Dave supported Led Zep at Knebworth.

Should've been the other way around !
Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 19:43 - Mar 24 with 806 viewsHunterhoop

America just came on a random playlist I have on, and I feel like I should declare it here. I quite liked it but I feel like I shouldn’t have!
Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 20:46 - Mar 24 with 767 viewsCiderwithRsie

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 09:04 - Mar 21 by AcidPixie

Always fkn loved this

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 21:05 - Mar 24 with 759 viewsqprxtc

Beyond Carol and her funkless brood, I also had a hankering after these lot at certain times:

JoBoxers
Roman Holliday
David Soul
Marshall Hain
Sarah Brightman and Hot Gossip
The Christians
The Moody Blues
Little Jimmy Osmond
Crash Test Dummies
Tanita Tikaram
Hothouse Flowers
The Big Dish
[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 21:06]
Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 21:11 - Mar 24 with 747 viewsaston_hoop

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 19:43 - Mar 24 by Hunterhoop

America just came on a random playlist I have on, and I feel like I should declare it here. I quite liked it but I feel like I shouldn’t have!

America are great! yeah add me to that one too

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 21:12 - Mar 24 with 745 viewsEsox_Lucius

More recently... I really like Lady Gaga.

The grass is always greener.

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 21:17 - Mar 24 with 742 viewsLythamR

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 16:35 - Mar 23 by hantssi

Barclay James Harvest.
I don’t know anybody else who’s actually heard of them!

Get Down Boogie Alright
Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 10:49 - Mar 27 with 684 viewsfrancisbowles

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 19:43 - Mar 24 by Hunterhoop

For once Hunter you are wrong. You should like them, particularly their early stuff. Their first album with Sandman, I Need You and then the addition of Horse with No Name is excellent.

Their debut album was released in 1971, a year that set the gold standard for albums and it deserves it's place among'st that pantheon which includes the likes of Tapestry (Carole King), Teaser and the Firecat (Cat Stevens), American Pie (Don Mc Clean), Led Zepp 4, Fireball by Deep Purple, Rory Gallagher (eponymous) and Deuce, 4 Way Street by CSN&Y, Stephen Stills 1&2, Graham Nash's Song for Beginners (the first album I bought)

A truly great year and there were many more still selling well from the previous year such as Deja Vu by CSN&Y and others recorded that year but released the following such as Machine Head by Deep Purple and Neil Young's Harvest.

America up there with the best.
Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 11:52 - Mar 27 with 662 viewsRangersDave

New Musik
King
JoBoxer
Thompson Twins
Heart
Tenpole Tudor
Rubettes
The Enemy (original not boy band)

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 12:28 - Mar 27 with 645 viewsQPRSteve

God help me, Roger Whittaker
Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 14:47 - Mar 27 with 620 viewsHunterhoop

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 10:49 - Mar 27 by francisbowles

For once Hunter you are wrong. You should like them, particularly their early stuff. Their first album with Sandman, I Need You and then the addition of Horse with No Name is excellent.

Their debut album was released in 1971, a year that set the gold standard for albums and it deserves it's place among'st that pantheon which includes the likes of Tapestry (Carole King), Teaser and the Firecat (Cat Stevens), American Pie (Don Mc Clean), Led Zepp 4, Fireball by Deep Purple, Rory Gallagher (eponymous) and Deuce, 4 Way Street by CSN&Y, Stephen Stills 1&2, Graham Nash's Song for Beginners (the first album I bought)

A truly great year and there were many more still selling well from the previous year such as Deja Vu by CSN&Y and others recorded that year but released the following such as Machine Head by Deep Purple and Neil Young's Harvest.

America up there with the best.

This is encouraging. I didn’t know them well enough to know if they were a respected outfit or not, but I did like the two songs I heard!

And I love Deep Purple. Most underrated British band of all time.
Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 16:17 - Mar 27 with 602 viewsDannyPaddox

Horse with no name. Timeless.

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 17:00 - Mar 27 with 587 viewseasthertsr

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 14:47 - Mar 27 by Hunterhoop

This is encouraging. I didn’t know them well enough to know if they were a respected outfit or not, but I did like the two songs I heard!

And I love Deep Purple. Most underrated British band of all time.

Went to see Deep Purple at The Rainbow Finsbury Park, I was about 15/16 at the time. Best gig I've ever been to, and it was jaw-droppingly loud!
Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 17:19 - Mar 27 with 568 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Kings of Convenience. Nice music for times when you may need to soothing. Like now!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 18:20 - Mar 27 with 555 viewsR_from_afar

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 20:05 - Mar 23 by Rebalhoop

Ozric’s were one of the best live bands I’ve seen,at the Alleycat in Reading,yonks ago

I think I've seen them live three times and once was in a small venue in Reading, perhaps the same one. Some of their early work was utterly amazing, but recently, since just Ed has been writing their music, the quality has tailed off, I reckon, although the occasional gem does emerge, a case in point being "Mooncalf" from the otherwise very ho-hum album "The yum yum tree" (yes, that is a rubbish title).

I took a female friend who had never heard of them to see them at The Marquee. She was blown away and bought "Erpland" the very next day. That was the gig at which I was surprised to see the bloke who had just sold me a T-shirt scurry past carrying a flute. It was Jumping Jon, the erstwhile flute/woodwind player in the band, he had been doing a shift at their merchandise stand.

A band who have no ego, too, they are incredibly self-effacing. I love the comment from one of the band to the audience at the end of one of their live albums: "Thank you for being so much like your selves".

Final comment: They have also featured on Desert Island Discs! Ed and Roly's dad was a renowned sculptor and he was on DID. David Wynne made that sculpture of a dolphin and a boy by the Thames (the boy is Roly) and he was also responsible for that joined hands 50 pence piece (the hands are based on his sons'). Buy hey, enough of my yakking.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024