Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... 16:50 - Mar 20 with 5615 viewsqprxtc

T’pau.

I fancied old ginger Carol. And I thought the Bridge of Spies was really good. An truly awful drummer though. He had less swing than an armless cricketer. Still play it quietly on my own.
Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 09:19 - Mar 21 with 1207 viewsAcidPixie

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 09:30 - Mar 21 with 1186 viewsqprxtc

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 09:10 - Mar 21 by AcidPixie

Thrers alwys one
proper tit

not aimed at u XTC we are kindred spirits lol
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 9:17]

Gadanga 😘
Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 09:32 - Mar 21 with 1183 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I get the Supertramp, they have never been fashionable since I first heard them properly in the early 90's but they had some bloody good tunes.

My late dad and I used to sing along quite cheerfully after a few beers.

'your bloody well right'

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 09:33 - Mar 21 with 1178 viewsqprxtc

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 09:19 - Mar 21 by AcidPixie

I love that song! Reminds me of a very melancholic period of my life.....and I still think of her.
Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 09:42 - Mar 21 with 1165 viewsAcidPixie

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 09:33 - Mar 21 by qprxtc

I love that song! Reminds me of a very melancholic period of my life.....and I still think of her.

Nice one mate XXX

My thoughts are they telling us to wipe alcohol on our hands to Kill C19 hence the more down our throats the better.........well my plan anyway lol
Thats Science that is !
Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 11:32 - Mar 21 with 1116 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I used to be quite into this band called Popsicle. I guess that they fit into this category.

While all my much cooler mates were into the Charlatans, Primal Scream, Stone Roses etc etc. Come to think of it, 1994 was a pretty cool year for music. QPR too for that matter!

Was only teasing about Starsailer before. Will check out that album later!

[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 13:56]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 13:00 - Mar 21 with 1065 viewsR_from_afar

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 17:24 - Mar 20 by R_from_afar

Great thread but prepare for a list of naff bands as long as your arm from yours truly.

Argent
Yes
Supertramp
Tangerine Dream
Stereolab
Kiss
Triumph
Caravan
Menswear
Ozric Tentacles
Rage against the Machine (only joking, they most certainly do not belong here)
Popol Vuh

None of this is really a secret any more, is it?

Memo to all: Please note the word "unfashionable" in the title of the thread. I was working on the basis - perhaps wrongly - that the / meant "or".

I'm not sure I would say I think any of the bands on my list are crap.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 13:06 - Mar 21 with 1059 viewsqprxtc

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 13:00 - Mar 21 by R_from_afar

Memo to all: Please note the word "unfashionable" in the title of the thread. I was working on the basis - perhaps wrongly - that the / meant "or".

I'm not sure I would say I think any of the bands on my list are crap.

“Or” is what I had in mind. I think.
Login to get fewer ads

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 13:10 - Mar 21 with 1055 viewsTacticalR

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 13:06 - Mar 21 by qprxtc

“Or” is what I had in mind. I think.

We need to be clear on our definitions before proceeding.

Air hostess clique

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 14:47 - Mar 21 with 1015 viewsBushman

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 08:55 - Mar 21 by QPRSteve

French band Ange - saw them at the LSE in the 70's.

Beat that for a guilty pleasure.

The French band Minge

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 14:53 - Mar 21 with 1010 viewsHunterhoop

Jamiroquai.

I know Jay Kay can be a bit of a knob, but I love their music. Some of the early albums are excellent. But definitely a bit of a guilty secret and not really in keeping with my other music tastes and that of my mates.
Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 09:00 - Mar 23 with 899 viewscolinallcars

I quite liked 10cc.
Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 09:05 - Mar 23 with 886 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Billy Joel
Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 09:16 - Mar 23 with 878 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 19:09 - Mar 20 by Hastings_Hoops

Granddaddy - saw them at Shepherd’s Bush empire about 20 years ago. They had a full sized bear, beaver, badger and something else walking on stage then mingling with the crowd while the concert was on. The drummer spent the whole evening playing drums with one hand while smoking (something) with the other. A bit out there.

Grandaddy are a superb band. 'The Sophtware Slump' is one of my favourite albums.

But, ya, out there...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 10:25 - Mar 23 with 830 viewsrrrspricey

Embarrassingly i quite like some stuff by Justin Bieber

Some "crap" songs that bring back fond memories

Convoy - CW McCall(sp)
Tie a Yellow Ribbon - ?
My Dingaling - Chuck Berry
The Streak - ?
Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 11:36 - Mar 23 with 790 viewsDannyPaddox

Some might see it as a novelty song but this one genuinely moves me. TR-808s, Linn drums, and cheesy sci-fi melancholia.

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 13:16 - Mar 23 with 758 viewsMrSheen

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 11:36 - Mar 23 by DannyPaddox

Some might see it as a novelty song but this one genuinely moves me. TR-808s, Linn drums, and cheesy sci-fi melancholia.

Another lovely museum piece.

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 14:27 - Mar 23 with 719 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 11:36 - Mar 23 by DannyPaddox

I saw the pic and thought that was Dee Snider

'We're not gonna take it...'

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 14:40 - Mar 23 with 711 viewsfrancisbowles

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 09:00 - Mar 23 by colinallcars

I quite liked 10cc.

No shame in liking 10cc
Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 15:00 - Mar 23 with 692 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 16:35 - Mar 23 with 659 viewshantssi

Barclay James Harvest.
I don’t know anybody else who’s actually heard of them!
Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 16:43 - Mar 23 with 657 viewsaston_hoop

Genesis. I'll get over it
Plus a lot of other stuff people would usually consider unfashionable and crap prog

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 17:06 - Mar 23 with 641 viewsstowmarketrange

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 16:43 - Mar 23 by aston_hoop

Genesis. I'll get over it
Plus a lot of other stuff people would usually consider unfashionable and crap prog

A lot of their early stuff wasn’t bad.When they turned into a pop band in the mid 80’s is when they went rapidly downhill,in my opinion.
Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 18:04 - Mar 23 with 613 viewsWoog

Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 09:16 - Mar 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Grandaddy are a superb band. 'The Sophtware Slump' is one of my favourite albums.

But, ya, out there...

Agreed, superb band. 'Sumday' is not far off 'The Sophtware Slump' either.
Really unfashionable/crap bands that you secretly like.... on 18:10 - Mar 23 with 607 viewshantssi

Saw Genesis at Knebworth in ‘78 followed by Zeppelin in ‘79, not the sterile festivals of today, toilets were holes in the ground with hessian screens!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024