Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ale Faurlin interview 09:28 - Apr 13 with 14108 viewsNorthernr

Basically been wanting to do this from the moment he left and finally had the privlege of chatting with Ale last week for a deep dive into his career.

Part one...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/52269/the-ale-faur
Ale Faurlin interview on 17:20 - Apr 14 with 2057 viewsNorthernr

Ale Faurlin interview on 17:17 - Apr 14 by daveB

biggest mistake they made with both Hill and Faurlin was waiting till the end of the season to tell them, it could and should have been done earlier and meant they didn't get the send off that the likes of Paul Furlong and Jamie Mackie got and deserved.

Fact they were released was understandable at the time although hindsight shows both calls were wrong from a football point of view, wages were probably a big part of it though

And given the way Nedum and Jamie were subsequently waved off a couple of seasons later, suggests they probably realised that and corrected the approach.
Ale Faurlin interview on 17:52 - Apr 14 with 2015 viewsCiderwithRsie

Ale Faurlin interview on 16:23 - Apr 14 by PhilmyRs

I thoujght McDonald's departure was worse. Although I wouldn't have let Ale Faurlin leave, and sounds like his departure wasn't handled very well, the club did stick by him despite 3 ACL injuries. Other clubs have released players for less.

As a player, he was special. Could pick a pass, could split the lines with a clever reverse ball and as has been mentioned was much better at heading and tackling than a lot of other midfielders of his type. He should have scored more. His goalscoring record seems like it was quite good pre-us, which I'm not surprised at given the left foot he had, but he definitely should have finished his career with more goals for us. But I can forgive all that for the type of classy, Wiliks esque midfielder we had running thing's in the middle with Adel for one of the most enjoable seasons we've ever had.

the club did stick by him despite 3 ACL injuries. Other clubs have released players for less.

Reading the interview, I think that's part of what hurt - he acknowledges the club stood by him when injured and really appreciated it, so was stunned when he was let go like that when fit to play.

Bad call by the club and it's a shame it's clearly left a bad feeling about Les who I think most of us can see is a top bloke. But he was new in post and hopefully it was part of a learning curve that showed in better treatment for Furlong and others.
Ale Faurlin interview on 18:45 - Apr 14 with 1988 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ale Faurlin interview on 16:23 - Apr 14 by PhilmyRs

I thoujght McDonald's departure was worse. Although I wouldn't have let Ale Faurlin leave, and sounds like his departure wasn't handled very well, the club did stick by him despite 3 ACL injuries. Other clubs have released players for less.

As a player, he was special. Could pick a pass, could split the lines with a clever reverse ball and as has been mentioned was much better at heading and tackling than a lot of other midfielders of his type. He should have scored more. His goalscoring record seems like it was quite good pre-us, which I'm not surprised at given the left foot he had, but he definitely should have finished his career with more goals for us. But I can forgive all that for the type of classy, Wiliks esque midfielder we had running thing's in the middle with Adel for one of the most enjoable seasons we've ever had.

That was one question I might have asked him, but not really one for Clive in amongst the serious stuff - I don't think I've ever seen a player hit the bar or post more than Faurlin. Cursed he was.

Bare bones.

Ale Faurlin interview on 18:47 - Apr 14 with 1984 viewsNorthernr

Ale Faurlin interview on 18:45 - Apr 14 by Antti_Heinola

That was one question I might have asked him, but not really one for Clive in amongst the serious stuff - I don't think I've ever seen a player hit the bar or post more than Faurlin. Cursed he was.

To be honest we watched the season review back at the weekend and I was annoyed with myself for that as well. Couple of extra qs at least, particularly that Hull free kick.
Ale Faurlin interview on 21:41 - Apr 14 with 1880 viewsPunteR

Ale Faurlin interview on 14:47 - Apr 14 by Northernr

It's basically a verbatim transcription so his English is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than he makes out. Other than jam instead of gel, and "hands down to him/them" by way of a compliment, and I left those in because I thought they were sweet.

Yeh i picked up on the "hands down" thing but like you say, part of his charm. Loved that story about Faurlin standing up in the dressing room while Magilton having a go at the players and just starting mock shouting in Argentinian which lifted the mood of the dressing room.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ale Faurlin interview on 21:57 - Apr 14 with 1870 viewsdaveB

Ale Faurlin interview on 17:20 - Apr 14 by Northernr

And given the way Nedum and Jamie were subsequently waved off a couple of seasons later, suggests they probably realised that and corrected the approach.

I've no inside knowledge on this at all but from afar it always looked like he got Hill and Faurlin off the wage bill so he could give a big offer to keep Hoilet who he seemed to love but had absolutely no intention of staying. That summer ended up being a bit of a car crash
Ale Faurlin interview on 08:40 - Apr 15 with 1743 viewsAd99

Thanks for the interview, brilliant reading and - as usual - the right questions (the QPR Podcast is always a better listen when you're on there). Can appreciate the hard work involved but...when's the next one?!

The only part of the interview that left me even more curious was the initial link to Rangers: how on earth did we end up with this talent? Who spotted him and made it happen? It's interesting how the club becomes attached to certain players.

Cheers again.
Ale Faurlin interview on 09:02 - Apr 15 with 1725 viewsNorthernr

Ale Faurlin interview on 08:40 - Apr 15 by Ad99

Thanks for the interview, brilliant reading and - as usual - the right questions (the QPR Podcast is always a better listen when you're on there). Can appreciate the hard work involved but...when's the next one?!

The only part of the interview that left me even more curious was the initial link to Rangers: how on earth did we end up with this talent? Who spotted him and made it happen? It's interesting how the club becomes attached to certain players.

Cheers again.

Yeh I've honestly been chasing this since the moment he left the club, and properly for the last year or so since I got hold of his mobile (poor sod).

Feel a bit empty not I've done it. Like you say, who next?
Login to get fewer ads

Ale Faurlin interview on 09:32 - Apr 15 with 1697 viewsbakerloo8

Ale Faurlin interview on 09:02 - Apr 15 by Northernr

Yeh I've honestly been chasing this since the moment he left the club, and properly for the last year or so since I got hold of his mobile (poor sod).

Adel Clive, Adel.

Reach for the stars.
Ale Faurlin interview on 09:53 - Apr 15 with 1686 viewsfrancisbowles

Ale Faurlin interview on 21:41 - Apr 14 by PunteR

Yeh i picked up on the "hands down" thing but like you say, part of his charm. Loved that story about Faurlin standing up in the dressing room while Magilton having a go at the players and just starting mock shouting in Argentinian which lifted the mood of the dressing room.

I love the irony. You picked up on his charm, 'hands down etc' then said 'shouting in Argentinian'

Is that part of your charm PunterR?
Ale Faurlin interview on 10:10 - Apr 15 with 1664 viewsNorthernr

Ale Faurlin interview on 09:32 - Apr 15 by bakerloo8

Adel Clive, Adel.

Reach for the stars.

God the amount of times we've tried to snare him for the podcast. Closest we got was when he was at Genoa I think, press officer was amenable, manager was not.
Ale Faurlin interview on 10:58 - Apr 15 with 1626 viewseastside_r

What can I say that has not already been said.

Great interview, great player, great guy.

Wonderful. Thanks Clive.
Ale Faurlin interview on 11:11 - Apr 15 with 1614 viewsAd99

Considering his name has popped up a bit, how about Helguson? Or Buzsaky? John Spencer would be a good read!
Ale Faurlin interview on 11:25 - Apr 15 with 1607 viewsNorthernr

Helguson would be a good one. I believe the reason you never hear from him is because he's got a stammer so doesn't do interviews etc.
Ale Faurlin interview on 12:29 - Apr 15 with 1581 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ale Faurlin interview on 11:25 - Apr 15 by Northernr

Helguson would be a good one. I believe the reason you never hear from him is because he's got a stammer so doesn't do interviews etc.

Gino!
Ainsworth?

I wouldn't worry about the posts/bars one Clive - it's just a tiny thing that always bothered me - brilliant, brilliant interview!

Bare bones.

Ale Faurlin interview on 12:40 - Apr 15 with 1573 viewsCorbyQPR

Furlong has to be on the list. Love to ask him about the cup game at Chelsea when they wheeled him out, loved that moment!
Ale Faurlin interview on 12:55 - Apr 15 with 1560 viewsdaveB

Paul Furlong would be good, Akos would be a good one as well but really Adel is the one, I'd love to hear his side of it.

For box office a video of you in the room interviewing Harry Redknapp or Joey Barton would be gold
Ale Faurlin interview on 12:56 - Apr 15 with 1560 viewswestberksr

great interview Clive

easily one of my favourite players and one that connected with us & the club.

was gutted when he left and reading that didn't make me feel any differently.
Ale Faurlin interview on 13:12 - Apr 15 with 1546 viewsHunterhoop

Furlong or Helguson would be great.

With Furlong you also have the angle of the u18s and youth set up, so both backwards and forwards looking.
Ale Faurlin interview on 13:17 - Apr 15 with 1542 viewsBrianMcCarthy

And, listen, Neil's a busy man.

If you need a photographer to go to Iceland, just say the word.

I'm selfless, me.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ale Faurlin interview on 15:34 - Apr 15 with 1468 viewsEsox_Lucius

Is it possible to hit him up on his Twitter/ FB profile directly? Cut out the middle men so to speak.

The grass is always greener.

Ale Faurlin interview on 16:02 - Apr 15 with 1444 viewsHunterhoop

Ale Faurlin interview on 15:34 - Apr 15 by Esox_Lucius

Is it possible to hit him up on his Twitter/ FB profile directly? Cut out the middle men so to speak.

Or see if you could do a WhatsApp or messenger interview where it has the linguistic flow of a f2f verbal interview, but he can type his answers? Sure you’ve explored those, but be great to get his insight.
Ale Faurlin interview on 16:23 - Apr 15 with 1429 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I think you would just get sterile answers from Taarabt anyway seeing as his manager is so involved.

He wouldn't tell you what sauce he had on his kebab at Fulham thats for sure.
Ale Faurlin interview on 18:19 - Apr 15 with 1379 viewsPunteR

Ale Faurlin interview on 12:55 - Apr 15 by daveB

Paul Furlong would be good, Akos would be a good one as well but really Adel is the one, I'd love to hear his side of it.

For box office a video of you in the room interviewing Harry Redknapp or Joey Barton would be gold

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ale Faurlin interview on 19:12 - Apr 15 with 1353 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Thanks for this North.

I read them earlier in the glare of the sun.

Top Player. Top man.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024