Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ale Faurlin interview 09:28 - Apr 13 with 14110 viewsNorthernr

Basically been wanting to do this from the moment he left and finally had the privlege of chatting with Ale last week for a deep dive into his career.

Part one...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/52269/the-ale-faur
Ale Faurlin interview on 01:42 - Apr 16 with 2251 viewsbob566

I'd love to hear you interview Jim magilton. Doesn't have to be players
Ale Faurlin interview (n/t) on 08:08 - Apr 16 with 2165 viewsbakerloo8

Ale Faurlin interview on 01:42 - Apr 16 by bob566

Great shout. Though I hope Clive would conduct said interview out of headbutt range.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 8:09]
Ale Faurlin interview on 09:12 - Apr 16 with 2157 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ale Faurlin interview on 01:42 - Apr 16 by bob566

Do this one by phone for sure.
Ale Faurlin interview (n/t) on 09:40 - Apr 16 with 2132 viewsW7Ranger

Ale Faurlin interview (n/t) on 08:08 - Apr 16 by bakerloo8

Great shout. Though I hope Clive would conduct said interview out of headbutt range.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 8:09]

Observing the social distancing rules.
Ale Faurlin interview on 10:46 - Apr 16 with 2099 viewsozranger

I know I am a bit slow on these, but has there been an interview with Shaun Derry? As with Ale and Mackie, another side to what really happened in those weird years. But, agree with the other suggestions as well.
Ale Faurlin interview on 12:47 - Apr 16 with 2030 viewsR_from_afar

Ale Faurlin interview on 10:46 - Apr 16 by ozranger

I know I am a bit slow on these, but has there been an interview with Shaun Derry? As with Ale and Mackie, another side to what really happened in those weird years. But, agree with the other suggestions as well.

Or how about Dexter Blackstock, if he hasn't already "been done"?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Ale Faurlin interview on 14:28 - Apr 16 with 1993 viewsslmrstid

There's a few players from the 10/11 side I'd like to hear more from if it were possible.

I love Derry and Clint, but we've heard so much from them before I'd like to hear different perspectives.

I'd love to hear from Kaspars Gorkks, he was great for us that year, completely unfairly discarded by Warnock the following year I feel (I think some believe he was offloaded to get DJ Campbell in or something? That ended well). He also had a crazy year at QPR before the promotion year with umpteen managers, plus a fairly acrimonious transfer to QPR in the first place from Blackpool with allegations of tapping up if I remember. Would be interested to hear his take on it.

Also Paddy Kenny. I know he went a bit wild on us on Twitter one night but he was outstanding in the Championship and fine in the Prem (just as good as Rob Green was! And much cheaper!) And I imagine his anti-QPR "tin pot" rant came from a place of drunknenness, and hurt at being ditched, so I wont hold that against him.

Speaking of goalies maybe even Cerny - another one who had a fairly wild few years at QPR.

This is a wish list, rather than requests, as I imagine they are all hard / impossible to get hold of!
Ale Faurlin interview on 15:19 - Apr 16 with 1970 viewsWadR

Ale Faurlin interview on 14:28 - Apr 16 by slmrstid

There's a few players from the 10/11 side I'd like to hear more from if it were possible.

I love Derry and Clint, but we've heard so much from them before I'd like to hear different perspectives.

I'd love to hear from Kaspars Gorkks, he was great for us that year, completely unfairly discarded by Warnock the following year I feel (I think some believe he was offloaded to get DJ Campbell in or something? That ended well). He also had a crazy year at QPR before the promotion year with umpteen managers, plus a fairly acrimonious transfer to QPR in the first place from Blackpool with allegations of tapping up if I remember. Would be interested to hear his take on it.

Also Paddy Kenny. I know he went a bit wild on us on Twitter one night but he was outstanding in the Championship and fine in the Prem (just as good as Rob Green was! And much cheaper!) And I imagine his anti-QPR "tin pot" rant came from a place of drunknenness, and hurt at being ditched, so I wont hold that against him.

Speaking of goalies maybe even Cerny - another one who had a fairly wild few years at QPR.

This is a wish list, rather than requests, as I imagine they are all hard / impossible to get hold of!

There's a really great interview with Gorkss here, that addresses a lot of those points - https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/queensparkrangers/news/46705/gorkss-presid
Login to get fewer ads

Ale Faurlin interview on 15:23 - Apr 16 with 1963 viewsW7Ranger

Ale Faurlin interview on 14:28 - Apr 16 by slmrstid

Purely on QPR performances alone, Kenny was head and shoulders above Green imo.

Kenny pulled off some ridiculous saves in our promotion season.

And nearly single handedly won us that game up at Man City on the last day. But overall he played well in the Prem.

I would say Kenny in that season was even better than Smithies was for us.

And he was a short arse!
[Post edited 17 Apr 2020 12:44]
Ale Faurlin interview on 15:28 - Apr 16 with 1957 viewsslmrstid

Ale Faurlin interview on 15:19 - Apr 16 by WadR

There's a really great interview with Gorkss here, that addresses a lot of those points - https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/queensparkrangers/news/46705/gorkss-presid

Thanks for that WadR, not sure I'd seen that before! (Or if I have, I have evidently long forgotten it!)

Good read though, he was a great character Kaspars, liked him very much.
Ale Faurlin interview on 15:30 - Apr 16 with 1956 viewsslmrstid

Ale Faurlin interview on 15:23 - Apr 16 by W7Ranger

Purely on QPR performances alone, Kenny was head and shoulders above Green imo.

Kenny pulled off some ridiculous saves in our promotion season.

And nearly single handedly won us that game up at Man City on the last day. But overall he played well in the Prem.

I would say Kenny in that season was even better than Smithies was for us.

And he was a short arse!
[Post edited 17 Apr 2020 12:44]

Sorry W7 Ranger, I may have misphrased that, I meant it in a sense that Paddy Kenny was just as good as Rob Green at least (though I agree, I'd have him better)

I realise that sentence could be read as me thinking Rob Green was great for us
Ale Faurlin interview on 15:34 - Apr 16 with 1953 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Agree that Kenny was the best keeper in modern times, best since Stejskal I would think.

Would be nice to have an interview with him and maybe let him get past that Tweet.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ale Faurlin interview on 15:39 - Apr 16 with 1947 viewsHunterhoop

Ale Faurlin interview on 15:34 - Apr 16 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree that Kenny was the best keeper in modern times, best since Stejskal I would think.

Would be nice to have an interview with him and maybe let him get past that Tweet.

Kenny was great, but I think Smithies was a far better all round keeper. He’s the best in modern times.
Ale Faurlin interview on 15:47 - Apr 16 with 1942 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ale Faurlin interview on 15:39 - Apr 16 by Hunterhoop

Kenny was great, but I think Smithies was a far better all round keeper. He’s the best in modern times.

Both very good, to be fair, Hunter. Nothing in it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ale Faurlin interview on 16:31 - Apr 16 with 1920 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ale Faurlin interview on 15:34 - Apr 16 by BrianMcCarthy

Has he retired yet?

I’d like to hear his side of the story over the late night call to Fernandes.
Ale Faurlin interview on 14:44 - Apr 17 with 1686 viewstraininvain

Ale Faurlin interview on 15:25 - Apr 14 by W7Ranger

The timing of this couldn't have been better, with the 2010/2011 season review being shown over the week-end. 3 and a half hours of pure unadulterated joy!

Such a talented team from back to front, which of course Ale was an integral part of.

One of my favourite interviews on here.

Filled with incredible bitter/sweet moments and emotions.

Well done Clive - and thank you Ale for your love and service to QPR despite going through some horrendous times! Can't wait to see you back "home" one last time!

Thanks for the heads up. Where/when is this being shown?
Ale Faurlin interview on 14:50 - Apr 17 with 1683 viewsNorthernr

Ale Faurlin interview on 14:44 - Apr 17 by traininvain

It was shown last weekend but if you go on the club's Facebook page it's still there. Facebook Live has been piping it into my TV at reasonable quality.
Ale Faurlin interview on 16:19 - Apr 17 with 1642 viewsQPROslo

Ale Faurlin interview on 14:44 - Apr 17 by traininvain

It's on the Official's website, under "Videos". Great watch.
Ale Faurlin interview on 16:48 - Apr 17 with 1631 viewsEsox_Lucius

The Nasser El Khayati is a must surely? I actually spoke to him before a game and he came across as one of the nicest people you ever wish to meet. Not in any hurry to rush off, nothing but praise for the fans and the club. He'll never make anyone's best ever team, nor worst ever team but just another mile marker in the chequered history of QPR.

The grass is always greener.

Ale Faurlin interview on 17:04 - Apr 17 with 1621 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ale Faurlin interview on 16:48 - Apr 17 by Esox_Lucius

The Nasser El Khayati is a must surely? I actually spoke to him before a game and he came across as one of the nicest people you ever wish to meet. Not in any hurry to rush off, nothing but praise for the fans and the club. He'll never make anyone's best ever team, nor worst ever team but just another mile marker in the chequered history of QPR.

Might make Burton’s, they loved him!
Ale Faurlin interview on 17:32 - Apr 17 with 1607 viewstraininvain

Ale Faurlin interview on 14:50 - Apr 17 by Northernr

It was shown last weekend but if you go on the club's Facebook page it's still there. Facebook Live has been piping it into my TV at reasonable quality.

Ah I don’t have Facebook. Will keep an eye on Sky as I know they sometimes show Championship season reviews.
Ale Faurlin interview on 19:17 - Apr 17 with 1586 viewsQPRSteve

Ale Faurlin interview on 17:32 - Apr 17 by traininvain

Ah I don’t have Facebook. Will keep an eye on Sky as I know they sometimes show Championship season reviews.

You don't need to be on Facebook. I'm not and I still watched it on there.
Ale Faurlin interview on 22:03 - Apr 17 with 1545 viewsOldPedro

Ale Faurlin interview on 17:32 - Apr 17 by traininvain

It's also on the official website

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/highlights/rangers-rewind-201011-season-review-part

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Ale Faurlin interview on 11:02 - Apr 18 with 1459 viewsNortholt_Rs

Ale Faurlin interview on 11:25 - Apr 15 by Northernr

Helguson would be a good one. I believe the reason you never hear from him is because he's got a stammer so doesn't do interviews etc.

I spoke with Heidar a few times as our kids went to the same school - I never noticed he had a stammer Clive. He spoke really good English too.

The Ale interview is a fantastic piece of work. Love the guy!
[Post edited 18 Apr 2020 11:02]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Ale Faurlin interview on 17:23 - Apr 18 with 1371 viewsNorthernr

I’d love a proper deep dive with Warnock, but he’s so disingenuous in interviews I’m not sure it’d be worth it. He was v v close to being sacked by Briatore after the promotion before Fernandes took over, which would be an amazing story if I could get him to tell it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024