Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ale Faurlin interview 09:28 - Apr 13 with 14107 viewsNorthernr

Basically been wanting to do this from the moment he left and finally had the privlege of chatting with Ale last week for a deep dive into his career.

Part one...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/52269/the-ale-faur
Ale Faurlin interview on 16:01 - Apr 13 with 2333 viewsNorthernr

Ale Faurlin interview on 15:31 - Apr 13 by quickpassrotter

Very well done Clive, even by your own standards that was excellent to be able to set up, and construct something so insightful. I enjoyed the read very much.
I really can't think of anything original to say about Ale Faurlin from a fan's perspective as I think that it has all been said before, and certainly here.
One of my favourite R's players of all time - just thought that he was a brilliant footballer. Certainly if the injuries had not hit him, Ale would have gone on to be recognised far greater than just within our own fan base. That left foot of his !

The only shame of it was we’d originally planned to go out and see him for it, get Neil to do some pics etc, but made sense to do it this way with us both on lockdown.
Ale Faurlin interview on 17:26 - Apr 13 with 2243 viewsDevon_4_England

Wonderful interview Clive. Many thanks
Ale Faurlin interview on 18:25 - Apr 13 with 2192 viewsNoelmc

Thanks Clive.

Fantastic interview with some surprising insights - Barton more highly thought of than Les, for example. Although I’m sure players views are hugely influenced by how they leave a club e.g Keane & Fergie.

Absolutely great player for us and a wonderful guy. Still miss him and wish him all the best for the future.
Ale Faurlin interview on 19:05 - Apr 13 with 2156 viewsAntti_Heinola

Thanks Clive, brilliant interview of one of my all time faves - he's probably top three for me of players I've actually watched, so we're talking about late 80s onwards. Never has a player been less deserving of the terrible injuries he had to suffer. Sad to read that the pressure on Warnock forced Ale to play that MKD game. Ludicrous then, and looks more ludicrous in retrospect that Warnock was treated so poorly.
Loads of highs in there, great memories and watching the 2010/11 video on the offish today too brings so much back. A true one-off. Les and JFH made a very poor mistake with him - I understand if a manager wants a player to move on, as Ale says, that happens, but they can't have been tone deaf enough to know how much the fans loved him. Maybe JFH was jealous.
A wonderful player and clearly a wonderful man.

Bare bones.

Ale Faurlin interview on 19:33 - Apr 13 with 2123 viewsWokingR

Ale Faurlin interview on 16:01 - Apr 13 by Northernr

The only shame of it was we’d originally planned to go out and see him for it, get Neil to do some pics etc, but made sense to do it this way with us both on lockdown.

He’d probably heard that you had previously threatened to dry hump his leg
Ale Faurlin interview on 19:47 - Apr 13 with 2109 viewsNorthernr

Ale Faurlin interview on 19:33 - Apr 13 by WokingR

He’d probably heard that you had previously threatened to dry hump his leg

Nothing dry about it.
Ale Faurlin interview on 19:53 - Apr 13 with 2095 viewsPunteR

Fantastic read , cheers Clive. Absolute class player.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ale Faurlin interview on 20:49 - Apr 13 with 2046 viewssilky

A player I still have so much emotion for. Can't tell you how much I love him, he absolutely epitomises everything I love about a footballer and as a human being.
He had the potential to play at a bigger stage than QPR in which although the injuries were so harsh and cruel for someone so loveable, enabled us to retain his services for many more years.
A huge combination of wonderful talent the likes of which we haven't seen since Wilkins and very down to earth, what's not to like.

I hope he coaches with us one day. He would absolutely thrive in this team under Warburton!

Ale, I fu$king love you, thanks for the memories and for being you!

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Login to get fewer ads

Ale Faurlin interview on 23:47 - Apr 13 with 1930 viewsbob566

Great stuff Clive. Only done part one. Gripping
Ale Faurlin interview on 23:59 - Apr 13 with 1922 viewsqueensparker

Great stuff.

Weirdly I'd kind of blanked out that last period before we let him go (along with a lot of the cr*p football and JFH snoozeball around then). Can't believe it was 40 more games.

Brilliant to see him still playing at a high level at 33. Could have been one of the all-time greats but for injury as others have said. Echo Ted, he was such a great header of the ball as well. Every single second ball in the air was always his, a massive part of that promotion winning side.
Ale Faurlin interview on 04:41 - Apr 14 with 1868 viewsHAYESBOY

Just finished part 2.

Fantastic to read. Thanks Clive.

I think Ale & Rowlands have been my favourite players over the last 2 decades.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Ale Faurlin interview on 09:55 - Apr 14 with 1754 viewsgigiisourgod

Ale Faurlin interview on 04:41 - Apr 14 by HAYESBOY

Just finished part 2.

Fantastic to read. Thanks Clive.

I think Ale & Rowlands have been my favourite players over the last 2 decades.

A legend and a Gentleman, of that there is no doubt.
Ale Faurlin interview on 10:27 - Apr 14 with 1722 viewspaulparker

God this club has really let down some greats over the years with sh1tty managers
Macca
Mackie
Barker
Ale
Lazarus
Holloway
Bardsley
Gallen
Just off the top of my head who never got a decent send off or just told to go

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ale Faurlin interview on 10:36 - Apr 14 with 1714 viewsjoe90

A great interview, thank you.
Ale Faurlin interview on 10:53 - Apr 14 with 1708 viewsNorthernr

Ale Faurlin interview on 10:27 - Apr 14 by paulparker

God this club has really let down some greats over the years with sh1tty managers
Macca
Mackie
Barker
Ale
Lazarus
Holloway
Bardsley
Gallen

McDonald and Faurlin just about the worst of it.
McDonald released after 20 years of service because he was too slow, then replaced with Usain Bolt-a-like Steve Morrow.
Faurlin released because Hasselbaink said we wanted to play a high tempo, high pressing game, then sat deep with ten behind the ball, Karl Henry and Ariel Borysiuk in midfield.
Ale Faurlin interview on 11:54 - Apr 14 with 1634 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Thanks Clive really enjoyed that.

“Age has taken me to a place of uncertainty“

Amen brother.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Ale Faurlin interview on 14:18 - Apr 14 with 1553 viewsEsox_Lucius

Ale Faurlin interview on 10:27 - Apr 14 by paulparker

Macca
Mackie
Barker
Ale
Lazarus
Holloway
Bardsley
Gallen

And in a different way, Eduardo Vargas.

The grass is always greener.

Ale Faurlin interview on 14:43 - Apr 14 with 1529 viewsfrancisbowles

Thanks to Clive and Ale.

Very interesting and quite an emotional piece. Is Ale's English as bad as he makes out or did you manage without a translator?

Didn't his brother have a coffee shop in Chiswick? Did he leave when Ale left?
Ale Faurlin interview on 14:47 - Apr 14 with 1523 viewsNorthernr

Ale Faurlin interview on 14:43 - Apr 14 by francisbowles

Thanks to Clive and Ale.

Very interesting and quite an emotional piece. Is Ale's English as bad as he makes out or did you manage without a translator?

Didn't his brother have a coffee shop in Chiswick? Did he leave when Ale left?

It's basically a verbatim transcription so his English is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than he makes out. Other than jam instead of gel, and "hands down to him/them" by way of a compliment, and I left those in because I thought they were sweet.
Ale Faurlin interview on 15:11 - Apr 14 with 1490 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Remember that second ACL against Derby oh so well. While Clive's recollection was around him people recognised the gravity of the injury.

Around me folk certainly didn't and and I was on my feet shouting at those around me "It's his knee! It's his fooking knee!" tears in my eyes while they just didn't get it.

Anyone else remember it was John Eustace that Ale tackled?
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 15:13]
Ale Faurlin interview on 15:25 - Apr 14 with 1481 viewsW7Ranger

The timing of this couldn't have been better, with the 2010/2011 season review being shown over the week-end. 3 and a half hours of pure unadulterated joy!

Such a talented team from back to front, which of course Ale was an integral part of.

One of my favourite interviews on here.

Filled with incredible bitter/sweet moments and emotions.

Well done Clive - and thank you Ale for your love and service to QPR despite going through some horrendous times! Can't wait to see you back "home" one last time!
Ale Faurlin interview on 16:23 - Apr 14 with 1445 viewsPhilmyRs

Ale Faurlin interview on 10:53 - Apr 14 by Northernr

McDonald and Faurlin just about the worst of it.
McDonald released after 20 years of service because he was too slow, then replaced with Usain Bolt-a-like Steve Morrow.
Faurlin released because Hasselbaink said we wanted to play a high tempo, high pressing game, then sat deep with ten behind the ball, Karl Henry and Ariel Borysiuk in midfield.

I thoujght McDonald's departure was worse. Although I wouldn't have let Ale Faurlin leave, and sounds like his departure wasn't handled very well, the club did stick by him despite 3 ACL injuries. Other clubs have released players for less.

As a player, he was special. Could pick a pass, could split the lines with a clever reverse ball and as has been mentioned was much better at heading and tackling than a lot of other midfielders of his type. He should have scored more. His goalscoring record seems like it was quite good pre-us, which I'm not surprised at given the left foot he had, but he definitely should have finished his career with more goals for us. But I can forgive all that for the type of classy, Wiliks esque midfielder we had running thing's in the middle with Adel for one of the most enjoable seasons we've ever had.
Ale Faurlin interview on 16:35 - Apr 14 with 1430 viewsW7Ranger

Wouldn't it have been just perfect for him if that injury time free kick against Hull had gone in to send us up??

I was right behind that free kick, and I swear to god that was in as soon as it started dipping over the wall. How the Duke managed to keep that out I have no idea. It was a great free kick but an even better save I have to say.

But given everything that was going on at that time surrounding Ale, it really would've been justice for him to score THE goal that would actually send us up. That would've been so sweet! No one deserved to have that moment more than Ale did.
Ale Faurlin interview on 17:16 - Apr 14 with 1383 viewsbakerloo8

Ale Faurlin interview on 16:35 - Apr 14 by W7Ranger

Wouldn't it have been just perfect for him if that injury time free kick against Hull had gone in to send us up??

I was right behind that free kick, and I swear to god that was in as soon as it started dipping over the wall. How the Duke managed to keep that out I have no idea. It was a great free kick but an even better save I have to say.

But given everything that was going on at that time surrounding Ale, it really would've been justice for him to score THE goal that would actually send us up. That would've been so sweet! No one deserved to have that moment more than Ale did.

Great interview Clive, cheers.

Top fella Ale. Criminal the injuries he had, but he gave us fans some wonderful times and he will not be forgotten.

Look forward to him being weclomed back at HQ for the send off he deserves.
Good luck Ale
Ale Faurlin interview on 17:17 - Apr 14 with 1383 viewsdaveB

Ale Faurlin interview on 16:23 - Apr 14 by PhilmyRs

I thoujght McDonald's departure was worse. Although I wouldn't have let Ale Faurlin leave, and sounds like his departure wasn't handled very well, the club did stick by him despite 3 ACL injuries. Other clubs have released players for less.

As a player, he was special. Could pick a pass, could split the lines with a clever reverse ball and as has been mentioned was much better at heading and tackling than a lot of other midfielders of his type. He should have scored more. His goalscoring record seems like it was quite good pre-us, which I'm not surprised at given the left foot he had, but he definitely should have finished his career with more goals for us. But I can forgive all that for the type of classy, Wiliks esque midfielder we had running thing's in the middle with Adel for one of the most enjoable seasons we've ever had.

biggest mistake they made with both Hill and Faurlin was waiting till the end of the season to tell them, it could and should have been done earlier and meant they didn't get the send off that the likes of Paul Furlong and Jamie Mackie got and deserved.

Fact they were released was understandable at the time although hindsight shows both calls were wrong from a football point of view, wages were probably a big part of it though
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024