Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
where are all you happy r's originally from. 13:39 - May 2 with 24394 viewsqpr_1968

born....hammersmith hospital

lived ….suttons, Ladbroke grove

live now,shepherds bush

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 10:33 - May 7 with 1754 viewsKensal_Ranger

Home birth, Kensal Green, round the corner from the The William, and The Grey... and The Little Plough. Met and married the girl of my dreams from Northolt, lived on the Smith's Farm estate ('81-'82), moved to Cowley, next to The Crown (theme developing here) until '97. Thence to Harefield Rd Uxbridge until 2006. Now living in Farnham Common, near The Beeches - not a pub.
Missing my football like crazy.
where are all you happy r's originally from. on 10:33 - May 7 with 1757 viewsDiscodroids

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 19:43 - May 2 by NoDiddley

Born St Mary’s Paddington
Went East to Petticoat Lane, then further East, now reside Benfleet Essex

At Last.. another eastender on here. I've never heard of half of the places mentioned on here

As sean connerys Highlander would say... You are my brother.

See you soon for a jolly up in Benfleet.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 12:06 - May 7 with 1688 viewsW13R

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 10:47 - May 6 by DWQPR

54 years young. Was kicked out by Mr Tanner. Had Mr Sewell as my form tutor and was in Palmer House.

Looks like we were in the same year.
I can't remember who my form tutor was but I'm sure Martin Lilly was in my form and my school house colour was blue.

I mainly knocked about with Eric Isaacs and a few of the Ealing, Acton and Perivale lads (Cecil Peters, Ronald Musgrave & David Masckall (when he could be bothered to turn up)
where are all you happy r's originally from. on 14:02 - May 7 with 1638 viewsTheChef

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 23:18 - May 6 by MrSheen

Willesden, Neasden, Dollis Hill...the Golden Triangle.

Golden ain't the word!

My mum grew up in Dollis Hill, grandparents were still living there till my grandmother passed away some years ago. When my mum got married they bought a house in Willesden Green, in fact until she moved house last year to Stanmore, she had always lived in NW2.

#willesden4life (nearly)

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 15:46 - May 7 with 1594 viewskingo

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 10:33 - May 7 by Kensal_Ranger

Home birth, Kensal Green, round the corner from the The William, and The Grey... and The Little Plough. Met and married the girl of my dreams from Northolt, lived on the Smith's Farm estate ('81-'82), moved to Cowley, next to The Crown (theme developing here) until '97. Thence to Harefield Rd Uxbridge until 2006. Now living in Farnham Common, near The Beeches - not a pub.

The Masons was the haunt of my family back in KG, my Nan was a barmaid there a long way back. Used the Stag and Hounds in Farnham Common a bit before the lockdown.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 19:53 - May 7 with 1495 viewsdezzar

Benfleet late seventies loved my time there , Tarpots pub all simmering violence and del boy types selling eggs and fish.Think it s a Beefeater or something now.The Hoy and Helmet near the station , Lee Brilleaux in the corner with some sort . Jellied eel stall outside second hand Zodiacs Love it.LALX
where are all you happy r's originally from. on 21:19 - May 7 with 1461 viewsRebalhoop

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 10:33 - May 7 by Kensal_Ranger

Born,raised and still in Slough..
Lived in Burnham Beeches for 20+years,my dad worked there,and had a tied house.
where are all you happy r's originally from. on 21:23 - May 7 with 1456 viewsRebalhoop

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 15:46 - May 7 by kingo

The Masons was the haunt of my family back in KG, my Nan was a barmaid there a long way back. Used the Stag and Hounds in Farnham Common a bit before the lockdown.

My Auntie and Uncle ran The Stag and Hounds,back in the 80s.
Login to get fewer ads

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 06:32 - May 8 with 1360 viewswombleR

Born Hammersmith Hospital. Lived till my early 20s on the White City Estate (Auckland, Blaxland and Bentinck) before short spells in Hanwell, Shepherd's Bush, and Camberwell before settling in Tulse Hill (15 years) and Wimbledon (22 years).

Like most posters on here, other than the Rangers, I have little connection with that part of London anymore which is sad but the reality. Nothing stands still.
where are all you happy r's originally from. on 06:36 - May 8 with 1357 viewsArty

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 09:31 - May 5 by Guppy

Born Hammersmith Hospital
Lived White City early years
Moved to Swindon with Parents here ever since

Oh and cheddar (the cheese not the place!)

Welcome Guppy
I live near Swindon, have S/T in upper loft
where are all you happy r's originally from. on 07:28 - May 8 with 1321 viewsDWQPR

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 12:06 - May 7 by W13R

Looks like we were in the same year.
I can't remember who my form tutor was but I'm sure Martin Lilly was in my form and my school house colour was blue.

I mainly knocked about with Eric Isaacs and a few of the Ealing, Acton and Perivale lads (Cecil Peters, Ronald Musgrave & David Masckall (when he could be bothered to turn up)

If I remember correctly Martin Lilley and Eric Isaacs (with his Four Tops hair) was in my form. Blue was Palmer House. Also A lad whose surname was Payne, who was good mates with Martin Lilley. Martin was a good fast bowler in the school cricket team. Had the height for it. Remember the names of Cecil, Robert and Dave. I used to be in the football and cricket teams for the year with the likes of Glenn Woodcock, Jamie Stevens and Gary Baker. We used to win the Ealing cricket league every year. Remember a lad called Joey Deacon, a bit of a rough diamond. Died young from what I heard sadly.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 08:10 - May 8 with 1293 viewshook_hoops

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 10:28 - May 7 by francisbowles

No, sorry to say, I was just too young to remember any of that. Can remember the snow of that last winter and trolley buses on the Goldhawk Road.

Can also remember my dad talking about an 'Afro Caribean' party in the next door basement flat when someone went through a window and an incident where some guy was going around taking potshots at houses with an gun (probably an air rifle).

They had a choice of a council flat on Blomfontein, overlooking the uncovered school end of Loftus Road or buying their first house. Umm!

Yes, I vaguely remember about someone going around with an air rifle. Looking back now it must have been a Brentford fan!
where are all you happy r's originally from. on 09:33 - May 8 with 1250 viewsPaddyhoops

Born-chiswick maternity hospital . Closed 1975.

Moved to Ireland in 1970

Moved back here in 1987

Live in watford.
where are all you happy r's originally from. on 10:56 - May 8 with 1207 viewsMrSheen

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 14:02 - May 7 by TheChef

Golden ain't the word!

My mum grew up in Dollis Hill, grandparents were still living there till my grandmother passed away some years ago. When my mum got married they bought a house in Willesden Green, in fact until she moved house last year to Stanmore, she had always lived in NW2.

#willesden4life (nearly)

My mum grew up in Melrose Avenue, my Dad boarded there with a lot of his brothers and cousins, they met in Gladstone Park. Though they were living in Kilburn when I was born, I was four when they moved to Geary Road and later Kendal Road opposite the park. Celebrity scummer David Baddiel lived about five doors down. I used to go the cubs over the old Iron Bridge to Mulgrave Road, came home in terror (but nothing ever happened). I thought it was the dullest place in the world growing up, though my opinion softened slightly when my Dad started taking me to the pub with him...Big Crown, Small Crown, Case, Spotted Dog, Windmill, Rising Sun, Cricklewood Hotel. The Grunwick strike livened it up a bit.
where are all you happy r's originally from. on 11:04 - May 8 with 1201 viewslondonscottish

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 14:02 - May 7 by TheChef

Golden ain't the word!

#willesden4life (nearly)

That's my neck of the woods. I'm halfway between Willesden Geen and Dollis Hill tubes.

The bit I'm in can be a bit hard to describe to a cabbie as it's officially Willesden (just) but it's also near Cricklewood Broadway and right bt Gladstone Park.

I usually try all three until I get a reaction.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 11:07 - May 8 with 1187 viewscollegeranger

Born - Sunbury
Lived - High Wycombe, Ottershaw, Sunbury, Cobham, Sunbury, Feltham, Sunbury, St Margarets
Now - Twickenham
where are all you happy r's originally from. on 11:18 - May 8 with 1173 viewsW13R

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 07:28 - May 8 by DWQPR

If I remember correctly Martin Lilley and Eric Isaacs (with his Four Tops hair) was in my form. Blue was Palmer House. Also A lad whose surname was Payne, who was good mates with Martin Lilley. Martin was a good fast bowler in the school cricket team. Had the height for it. Remember the names of Cecil, Robert and Dave. I used to be in the football and cricket teams for the year with the likes of Glenn Woodcock, Jamie Stevens and Gary Baker. We used to win the Ealing cricket league every year. Remember a lad called Joey Deacon, a bit of a rough diamond. Died young from what I heard sadly.

Yep, that was Eric and his big afro (I remember somebody setting light to it on the coach on the way to the sports ground, lol)

I think it was Mark Payne from memory and also remember Joey Deacon.
My surname is the same as Gary who you mentioned and my first name begins with D.
You'll have to give me a clue with your surname as it sounds like we were in the same form.

I also played in the school football & cricket teams but not always on a regular basis.
where are all you happy r's originally from. on 12:35 - May 8 with 1134 viewsDWQPR

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 11:18 - May 8 by W13R

Yep, that was Eric and his big afro (I remember somebody setting light to it on the coach on the way to the sports ground, lol)

I think it was Mark Payne from memory and also remember Joey Deacon.
My surname is the same as Gary who you mentioned and my first name begins with D.
You'll have to give me a clue with your surname as it sounds like we were in the same form.

I also played in the school football & cricket teams but not always on a regular basis.

That’s right. Mark Payne. Decent lad. I was good mates with Robert Mittens (although he was Chel*** which didn’t matter much then as we use to have the upper hand on them), and Enzo Fiondella.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 13:19 - May 8 with 1119 viewsDiggertheMole

Born: Mary Abbots
Lived: Hereford Road - Bayswater
Sinclair Road - Hammersmith
Clapham Common - North side
Canterbury
Bristol
Gertrude St (Too near Stamford Bridge!)
St Albans - since the day we were robbed of the league!
where are all you happy r's originally from. on 15:38 - May 8 with 1087 viewsCincyHoop

Born - Lima, Ohio
Raised - Fort Jennings, Ohio
Lived in Cincinnati for the last 10 years.
where are all you happy r's originally from. on 16:02 - May 8 with 1058 viewsBklynRanger

North Belfast orrrrriginally. Still have most of the accent.

Was in London from 92-99 - went to Roehampton which was very handy for getting to the games - had never been south of Chester when I first arrived!...

Brooklyn from 1999 till end of 2016.
Now in Chiswick, or The Chonx as I like to call it, just to give it an edge. :)

Still planning on retiring in southern Chile unless a better idea comes along.
where are all you happy r's originally from. on 20:07 - May 8 with 1003 viewsMonahoop

Born in Dorking
Raised and educated in Horsham and Billingshurst
Lived in Epsom, Kingston upon Thames and New Malden.
Now living in Monaghan. Ireland.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

where are all you happy r's originally from. (n/t) on 20:15 - May 8 with 989 viewsPinnerRob

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 20:18 - May 8 with 987 viewsPinnerRob

Yea that’s at the end of my road, that wasn’t you this morning at “ meat like it used to be” butchers in Qpr shirt number 10 on the back was it??
where are all you happy r's originally from. on 20:33 - May 8 with 968 viewsBoston

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 20:18 - May 8 by PinnerRob

Yea that’s at the end of my road, that wasn’t you this morning at “ meat like it used to be” butchers in Qpr shirt number 10 on the back was it??

Oh for the days of a #10 like it used to be.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024