Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Released premiership players 08:07 - Jun 26 with 4190 viewsGloucs_R

Who would you have then?

https://www.sportbible.com/football/top-10s-news-full-list-of-premier-league-pla

Poll: Are we staying up?

Released premiership players on 13:48 - Jun 26 with 1230 viewsTheChef

Released premiership players on 13:24 - Jun 26 by rls___

It's not at all a realistic way to evaluate a player, but what I know about him is that he becomes absolutely world class in every FM save, so why not bring him in. Problem is that every club in the Championship will be in for him too.

No more Spurs loanees please. Or any Prem youth, preferably

Judging by Amos and Clarke so far, I'm not convinced they are that committed to the cause. All these Prem players aged 23 or under who barely get any decent minutes at their parent club, suddenly thrust into the hurly burly of the Championship and funnily enough it takes them time to adapt. Or not at all, more often than not.

Would much rather have a Championship or League One player, who has plenty of first team minutes under his belt and has potential that we can develop (and ideally then sell at a profit).

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Released premiership players on 13:55 - Jun 26 with 1217 viewsrls___

Released premiership players on 13:48 - Jun 26 by TheChef

Judging by Amos and Clarke so far, I'm not convinced they are that committed to the cause. All these Prem players aged 23 or under who barely get any decent minutes at their parent club, suddenly thrust into the hurly burly of the Championship and funnily enough it takes them time to adapt. Or not at all, more often than not.

Would much rather have a Championship or League One player, who has plenty of first team minutes under his belt and has potential that we can develop (and ideally then sell at a profit).

That's true. That's probably the better option long-term financially and for the quality of the squad. Cheap loans can be good but not if they take away minutes to develop a player of our own
Released premiership players on 14:11 - Jun 26 with 1175 viewsBazzeR

For the past two seasons we have loaned strikers from premier clubs because we can’t afford to buy one at £5m plus.
Don’t think we will be buying one next year either.
We were rumoured to take Parrott on loan in last window but injury or some silly Euro law prevented it.
Don’t think we have any up and coming strikers in our development squad ready to claim a first team spot.
Released premiership players on 14:13 - Jun 26 with 1169 viewsphilc

Released premiership players on 13:55 - Jun 26 by rls___

That's true. That's probably the better option long-term financially and for the quality of the squad. Cheap loans can be good but not if they take away minutes to develop a player of our own

I’d be interested in Christie-Davies and may be take a look at Kylian Hinds from Watford, although he’d be a risk. But with any of these players from Premiership clubs you’d have to look at the reason they were being released, attitude and motivation as well as suitability for Championship football. What was the name of the lad we purchased from Mam Utd?

Saw an interesting thing about McCormack he’s reported as having earned £13m and played something like 24 games for Villa, I’m glad those days are behind us.
Released premiership players on 14:24 - Jun 26 with 1130 viewsTheChef

Released premiership players on 14:11 - Jun 26 by BazzeR

For the past two seasons we have loaned strikers from premier clubs because we can’t afford to buy one at £5m plus.
Don’t think we will be buying one next year either.
We were rumoured to take Parrott on loan in last window but injury or some silly Euro law prevented it.
Don’t think we have any up and coming strikers in our development squad ready to claim a first team spot.

Suggestion is that for strikers if we can't afford a decent one, then the loan market is the only way. Probably fair enough, but there must be a few lower league strikers who are worth a punt? They can't all have been snapped up by the big clubs?

Doesn't Oteh deserve more game time in the last eight games? Or have MW and the staff already decided he won't make the grade?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Released premiership players on 14:59 - Jun 26 with 1089 viewsAntti_Heinola

Released premiership players on 13:48 - Jun 26 by TheChef

I think instead of dismissing a whole group of players based on the prejudices of a couple of experiences, it's better to just try and pick players who you think will be most beneficial to the team.
This is like the sort of nonsense we had after Nick Ward - 'never sign another Australian!'. How about we don't shut down any avenues and just try and sign good players regardless of where they come from or which club they play for?

Bare bones.

Released premiership players on 15:01 - Jun 26 with 1082 viewsrsonist

No more lower league players please, judging by Conor Washington blah blah blah.
Released premiership players on 15:29 - Jun 26 with 1058 viewsNorthernr

Have we seen enough of Clarke to know if he's committed or not? To me it looked a daft addition of a player we didn't need in a position we're actually very strong in, and so far that's what it's turned out to be, but that's our fault not his surely?
Login to get fewer ads

Released premiership players on 15:49 - Jun 26 with 1036 viewsBazzeR

Released premiership players on 15:29 - Jun 26 by Northernr

Have we seen enough of Clarke to know if he's committed or not? To me it looked a daft addition of a player we didn't need in a position we're actually very strong in, and so far that's what it's turned out to be, but that's our fault not his surely?

If BOS went in next window I would like to see a trio of Clarke,Amos and Parrott back on loan.
Released premiership players on 15:55 - Jun 26 with 1024 viewsDannytheR

Christie-Davies is an interesting one. You think he must have something about him given the clubs he's been at, but then a player that talented (surely?) getting to almost 23 without a first team debut says a lot about badly English football has lost the plot.

Warburton does like a Prem academy background though, going on his remarks about Bright and our punts on the likes of (the fake) Matt Smith.

I wonder if we got as far as lining up Shankland lined up for striker? Can't see that going ahead now unless we make very big money on Eze. That Kelman kid from Tottenham could be useful, but he's still very young and I can't see Tottenham doing anything more than loaning him out.
Released premiership players on 16:03 - Jun 26 with 1009 viewsMrSheen

Released premiership players on 14:13 - Jun 26 by philc

I’d be interested in Christie-Davies and may be take a look at Kylian Hinds from Watford, although he’d be a risk. But with any of these players from Premiership clubs you’d have to look at the reason they were being released, attitude and motivation as well as suitability for Championship football. What was the name of the lad we purchased from Mam Utd?

Saw an interesting thing about McCormack he’s reported as having earned £13m and played something like 24 games for Villa, I’m glad those days are behind us.

According to Wiki, he's been a free agent since the end of last season, so it's probably fair to say he's retired.
Released premiership players on 16:59 - Jun 26 with 932 viewsGloucs_R

Released premiership players on 15:49 - Jun 26 by BazzeR

If BOS went in next window I would like to see a trio of Clarke,Amos and Parrott back on loan.

I'll pass on 2 of those..... Thanks. 🙄

Poll: Are we staying up?

Released premiership players on 18:08 - Jun 26 with 895 viewsBazzeR

Maybe Clarke was brought in with an eye that BOS contract was stalling and would be an opportunity to have a look for next year.Clarke showed in a small cameo as sub in one game that he’s got talent.man c were after him before he signed contract at dirty Leeds..also been capped at under 20 level England.
Luke Amos has played well in a few games but disappeared in others..still only 23 and is in first season since a cruciate injury so I can understand his reluctance to go balls to the wall for us.
He’s exactly the type of young player Warbs and the club are looking at bringing in on frees or small transfers.Could be a very good championship player at the right price for us methinks.
Released premiership players on 19:10 - Jun 26 with 851 viewsLazyFan

In my view, they brought him in case BOS left in Jan transfer window and Mido was not fit enough.

BOS did not leave but by then they were committed to loaning him from Spuds. This was the case with the Brighton lad, until we got Hugs and Wells in.

I expect him not to be here at the end of the season. I think we only renewed him for the month to keep Spuds sweet. As we may need more loans from them next season.

zzzzzzzzzz

Released premiership players on 19:25 - Jun 26 with 839 viewskensalriser

Released premiership players on 18:08 - Jun 26 by BazzeR

Maybe Clarke was brought in with an eye that BOS contract was stalling and would be an opportunity to have a look for next year.Clarke showed in a small cameo as sub in one game that he’s got talent.man c were after him before he signed contract at dirty Leeds..also been capped at under 20 level England.
Luke Amos has played well in a few games but disappeared in others..still only 23 and is in first season since a cruciate injury so I can understand his reluctance to go balls to the wall for us.
He’s exactly the type of young player Warbs and the club are looking at bringing in on frees or small transfers.Could be a very good championship player at the right price for us methinks.

It's a bit hard to believe that a player wanted by Man City would end up at Leeds.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Released premiership players on 20:19 - Jun 26 with 798 viewsDavieQPR

Other than a CB you would do better to look at Youth Players being released as too old. Young, free. something to prove and RESALE value.
Released premiership players on 20:40 - Jun 26 with 772 viewspaulparker

Agreed
He changed the game at home to Bristol city, warburton should have put him on 15 minutes earlier
Clarke is a good player and I would start him

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Released premiership players on 22:42 - Jun 27 with 604 viewsLblock

Released premiership players on 10:29 - Jun 26 by Hunterhoop

He can’t defend though.

Get him measured up for a club suit and reserve him a parking bay at the mystical “Plan B” training ground

That man will fit straight in
[Post edited 27 Jun 2020 22:46]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024