Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wow....... 17:12 - Sep 12 with 7890 views100percent

Fck me, that was impressive. Don't want to count any chickens, but wow.... I fcking enjoyed that.
Wow....... on 02:07 - Sep 13 with 2193 viewsbob566

Wow....... on 17:36 - Sep 12 by BrianMcCarthy

I'd caution against an overreaction, folks.

It was a hugely enjoyable game but it could easily have gone the other way.

Positives:

Superb Carroll, Chair and Amos interplay in the first half.
Back four looking very solid facing the ball.
Excellent work rate and intelligent pressing high up the field.

Things to Watch:

Long passing was off.
Only 9 shots.
Only one great chance created - Dykes close to the Wallace cross.

Overall - nice football, loads of great work done, we created more chances, they created better chances. But Grabban missed them.

Great win but you're right Brian. Even the official match report said it. Easily could have been a loss too. Anyway great to beat forest. Is that only our second or third victory over them in 115 years? Enjoy
Wow....... on 02:27 - Sep 13 with 2157 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Positives:

Things to Watch:

Long passing was off.
Only 9 shots.

Overall - nice football, loads of great work done, we created more chances, they created better chances. But Grabban missed them.

If Grabban’s beard hadn’t got in his eyes it would have been 1-1 with five minutes left.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 2:28]
Wow....... on 02:34 - Sep 13 with 2135 viewstimcocking

There were loads of positives, too many to list What i really loved was just having a team without loan players. I've never taken any pleasure watching Luke Amos or Tom Carroll as Spurs players, but it's a different ball game when they are Rangers boys. We've got a whole team now, almost, who are either making a step up and are delighted to be here or have plenty to prove or they are genuine Rangers boys. I felt like i was actually cheering for a QPR team again. Come on lads. I was delighted to see Joe get one more go in goal; hope he keeps the shirt this time. Come on Joe. If we have players who i'm emotionally invested in, it makes the whole experience much more worthwhile. Well done Mark Warburton et al.

Ps Grabban having a bad day helped us, but i'll take it, a nice day for some good fortune. Joe nearly had to pick the ball out three times without having a save to make again lol.
Wow....... on 08:12 - Sep 13 with 1997 viewsnix

Wow....... on 02:07 - Sep 13 by bob566

Great win but you're right Brian. Even the official match report said it. Easily could have been a loss too. Anyway great to beat forest. Is that only our second or third victory over them in 115 years? Enjoy

Pleasing though that we got our first clean sheet in our first match of the season, when last season it took us until December. We also scored twice which is a relief when I was worried that the goals may dry up after losing both Jordan and Ebs. Dykes looks like an absolute handful in a Glenn Murray, annoying to play against, kind of way. And Kakay seems to be our solution at right back, which I thought would be a problem and he cost us nothing. Meanwhile Wallace had his best game for us in my view. Early days but plenty to be pleased about.
Wow....... on 08:54 - Sep 13 with 1884 viewsDejR_vu

Wow....... on 19:00 - Sep 12 by WestbourneR

Cheers Antti, as did you I believe. He’s honestly done an incredible job since he’s been at the club in my eyes. Pleased for them all today, really good performance and result.

He’s been superb, long may it continue. The right fit at the right time.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 8:59]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Wow....... on 09:01 - Sep 13 with 1862 viewspaulparker

Great result, even better we kept a clean sheet so well done to the team and management

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Wow....... on 09:37 - Sep 13 with 1786 viewsngbqpr

Wow....... on 17:55 - Sep 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Well, fair point my man.

1st Goal - a chance but I'm not sure he's great on his left so he had to look for the peno maybe?
2nd goal - long shot, but led to a great chance, true.

I suppose my definition of a great chance is when we get a shot or header off from a genuine scoring chance. You're right, we had one, maybe two. I was being harsh.

Sorry to be a pedant Brian, but Cameron's SUPERB pass to Ball on the penalty spot for the second was surely the very definition of creating a "genuine scoring chance"?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Wow....... on 09:39 - Sep 13 with 1783 viewslondonscottish

Wow....... on 09:01 - Sep 13 by paulparker

Great result, even better we kept a clean sheet so well done to the team and management

Just a great result on loads of levels.

I'm loving watching Dyke's smash and grab raids. Unlike Hugill, he may not have scored many from outside the box but he's a handful, fast, quick-thinking, great movement, strong, great 1st touch.

He's moving smoothly through the gears as he moves seamlessly up the leagues.

Two weeks in and he looks like he's played at this level (& at international level) for long time.

What a great spot and a great signing.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Login to get fewer ads

Wow....... on 09:41 - Sep 13 with 1771 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Wow....... on 09:37 - Sep 13 by ngbqpr

Sorry to be a pedant Brian, but Cameron's SUPERB pass to Ball on the penalty spot for the second was surely the very definition of creating a "genuine scoring chance"?

I don't think it was a "great" chance, but I see your point and won't argue it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wow....... on 09:43 - Sep 13 with 1760 viewsfrancisbowles

A very good start where the performance was good, we attacked and defended as a team and we got the breaks with Grabban being poor.

Something to build on if we can keep up this level and if we can get the players that the manager wants to strengthen the squad.

Pleased for the players especially Amos, who, as Brian said, had probably his best performance for us.

However, I did think that Dykes was quite involved, winning headers and good hold up play. Very good work rate as well, constantly pressing and harrying and not giving to many free kicks away. Shame about the yellow, couldn't see exactly what happened but as the camera moved away from him, he seemed to grab the ball to stop the quick play after that ridiculous free kick was given against him in the box.
Wow....... on 10:28 - Sep 13 with 1643 viewsPhilmyRs

Wow....... on 18:53 - Sep 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Barbet was very close to my MOTM, golborne. He must have headed more than ten clear.

My rankings, by the way:

Lumley - 6 - Swept well, looked confident, but not a save to make.
Kakay - 7 - Involved in attack and defense, but got caught twice late on.
Dickie - 7 - Early long balls didn't land, wisely defended after that, sensible and impressive.
Barbet - 7 - Cleared about ten headers, no mistakes, but lost Grabban for the header, long passing a huge asset but erratic.
Cameron - 7 - did a job on Freeman. Nothing else matters.
Caroll - 8 - Best player on the pitch while he was on it. Positioning, short passing, long passing, command, control and vision. Ran the show, which is what you want from your central midfielder.
BOS - 6 - Bypassed as we played down the left, worked really hard, too hard.
Amos - 7 - Best game I've seen from him. Pressing, tracking, nice touches. Played really well with Carroll and Chair.
Chair - 8 - First game in the No. 10 shirt and he grasped it with gusto. That can't have been easy. He ran the first ten minutes with both maniacal intensity and beauty and after that settled for quiet brilliance. Set-pieces were off. The only outfield player out of 20 to work and think hard enough to anticipate the follow up in the last minute. And to get the goal.
Dykes - 7 - Assist for the peno, and a goal. Smashed. Smashed. Smashed. In truth, though, we saw little of him on the ball today as we hardly ever gave him the ball. Off the ball, though, he was a joy. Yellow seemed like a nonsense decision to me.

Management: 8 - Turned out a committed team playing great football at both ends of the pitch in a coherent pattern. Not sure why I'm holding back two points, but 9 is reserved for a 3-0 or more and 10 is, well, 10 is when our U-12 hurling Manager sneaked in a helmet-clad Sarah Morley at Full-Forward as Seán Morley and she scored 3-09.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 9:46]

About right on ratings but I’d given everyone at least 7 out of 10.

Understand why Lumley got a 6 given no major saves but felt he looked much more assertive and confident and distribution just tips him towards a 7. Some good late catching too.

BOS - thought he had a good second half and caused forest problems and on another day would have scored. Think on the work rate and strength of second half performance he’d get a 7 from me.

Thought Dickie looked very impressive too. Brought the ball down well and picked a decent pass most times which gets him an 8. Good signing.

Agree with the other ratings.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 10:29]
Wow....... on 10:31 - Sep 13 with 1636 viewsted_hendrix

Wow....... on 09:01 - Sep 13 by paulparker

Say's it all.

Forest had 94 minutes on the pitch to score and they couldn't, similarly we scored twice during our 94 minutes on the pitch.

This Forest player should have scored, that Forest player should have scored is crap talk it's like saying we stole the win yesterday which we didn't.

A clean sheet yesterday was vital, the two goals we scored were an added bonus, take a look at the strength of Forest's squad and then take a look at ours.

Don't give me anymore of that 'we could have lost yesterday' bolox.

We thoroughly deserved yesterdays win.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Wow....... on 10:53 - Sep 13 with 1574 viewsA_B_4

Wow....... on 00:08 - Sep 13 by Loftgirl

I was wondering, how often do both teams have the same sponsor?

I was thinking this as well! I assume we’re now officially the Football Index world champions until we play them again. The trophy is sitting proudly alongside the dryworld cup in our trophy cabinet.
Wow....... on 12:08 - Sep 13 with 1486 viewsTheRam

I think Rangers and Celtic have had the same sponsor before mwhich makes sense to me, would be commercial suicide to ensure half of Glasgow never buy your products x
Wow....... on 12:17 - Sep 13 with 1449 viewsPerthRs

It was quite common in Scotland for Celtic and Rangers to have the same sponsor, CR Smith, NTL, Tennent’s, Carling and I think McEwans also sponsored both clubs but I’m certain Karl and our other Scottish based supporters will put me right.

Sorry Ram didn't see your response before i posted
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 12:20]
Wow....... on 12:51 - Sep 13 with 1372 viewsParkRoyalR

Barbet was very close to my MOTM, golborne. He must have headed more than ten clear.

My rankings, by the way:

Dickie - 7 - Early long balls didn't land, wisely defended after that, sensible and impressive.
Barbet - 7 - Cleared about ten headers, no mistakes, but lost Grabban for the header, long passing a huge asset but erratic.
Caroll - 8 - Best player on the pitch while he was on it. Positioning, short passing, long passing, command, control and vision. Ran the show, which is what you want from your central midfielder.
Amos - 7 - Best game I've seen from him. Pressing, tracking, nice touches. Played really well with Carroll and Chair.
Chair - 8 - First game in the No. 10 shirt and he grasped it with gusto. That can't have been easy. He ran the first ten minutes with both maniacal intensity and beauty and after that settled for quiet brilliance. Set-pieces were off. The only outfield player out of 20 to work and think hard enough to anticipate the follow up in the last minute. And to get the goal.
Dykes - 7 - Assist for the peno, and a goal. Smashed. Smashed. Smashed. In truth, though, we saw little of him on the ball today as we hardly ever gave him the ball. Off the ball, though, he was a joy. Yellow seemed like a nonsense decision to me.

Management: 8 - Turned out a committed team playing great football at both ends of the pitch in a coherent pattern. Not sure why I'm holding back two points, but 9 is reserved for a 3-0 or more and 10 is, well, 10 is when our U-12 hurling Manager sneaked in a helmet-clad Sarah Morley at Full-Forward as Seán Morley and she scored 3-09.

Here's me thinking Scott Parker had won manager of the year hands-down with his Play Off Final formation, tactics and touch-line instructions to Joe Bryan, 6 scores however knocks this out of the park, sign her up
Wow....... on 12:56 - Sep 13 with 1353 viewsderbyhoop

My rankings, by the way:

Bit generous, Brian.

LTC had a great 1st half, but did nothing in the second.
Chair had a solid game, capped with the goal, but he didn't run the show.
Kakay got caught a couple of times late on.
Barbet's diagonals were way off. On at least 3 occasions

For me Dickie was MOM, doing just what you want from a CB.
Overall very solid , so mostly 6s from me with the odd 7.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Wow....... on 13:00 - Sep 13 with 1330 viewsrsonist

Caveats and cautions justified and reasonable I'm sure. But honestly, after such a profoundly depressing week in the fanbase I'm celebrating this one like a bloody cup final.
Wow....... on 13:08 - Sep 13 with 1303 viewsfrancisbowles

Wow....... on 12:56 - Sep 13 by derbyhoop

Bit generous, Brian.

LTC had a great 1st half, but did nothing in the second.
Chair had a solid game, capped with the goal, but he didn't run the show.
Kakay got caught a couple of times late on.
Barbet's diagonals were way off. On at least 3 occasions

For me Dickie was MOM, doing just what you want from a CB.
Overall very solid , so mostly 6s from me with the odd 7.

Just on the point of long diagonals even if they are a bit off, I feel that if they go out of play near the corner flag, it can put the opposition in an uncomfortable throw in position which we can make difficult by marking and pressing. Even if they have a player with a long throw , you still may be pulling him out of position to take the throw and you initially have an extra man on the pitch anyway.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 13:09]
Wow....... on 13:11 - Sep 13 with 1295 viewsfrancisbowles

Wow....... on 13:00 - Sep 13 by rsonist

Caveats and cautions justified and reasonable I'm sure. But honestly, after such a profoundly depressing week in the fanbase I'm celebrating this one like a bloody cup final.

That's the spirit welcome to LBlock's happy clappy club.
Wow....... on 14:21 - Sep 13 with 1204 viewsMistication92

Wow....... on 09:41 - Sep 13 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't think it was a "great" chance, but I see your point and won't argue it.

A free shot, from the centre of the box, 7 yards out isn't a great chance?!

Nice to see a clean sheet, but those chances Forest missed were pretty guilt-edged.
Wow....... on 14:40 - Sep 13 with 1174 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Wow....... on 14:21 - Sep 13 by Mistication92

A free shot, from the centre of the box, 7 yards out isn't a great chance?!

Nice to see a clean sheet, but those chances Forest missed were pretty guilt-edged.

I just thought it was a difficult shot to get off for Ball.

And I'd been calling for Ball to be put back as a second anchor as well!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wow....... on 16:39 - Sep 13 with 1046 viewsWestonsuperR

Positives:

Things to Watch:

Long passing was off.
Only 9 shots.

Great post. Delighted to see us win to quieten the doom-mongers but Grabben could easily had 2 or 3 and turned the game, reality is that it was a good performance, draw probably fair so hoping the overreaction to the win was more driven by relief than expectation for the season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024