Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Wales tonight 15:26 - Oct 8 with 8125 viewsjohncharles

WHY ?

Strong and stable my arse.

England v Wales tonight on 20:53 - Oct 11 with 1242 viewsWatford_Ranger

England v Wales tonight on 20:48 - Oct 11 by QPR_John

Where was the soft penalty. Pulling a player back by grabbing their shoulder is a foul. I know it happens all the time it is just the referee saw it this time.

English players don’t go down as Henderson did like wot them forrens do innit.

It was exceptionally any of soft / cute / naive of the defender.
England v Wales tonight on 20:58 - Oct 11 with 1223 viewsQPR_John

England v Wales tonight on 20:53 - Oct 11 by Watford_Ranger

English players don’t go down as Henderson did like wot them forrens do innit.

It was exceptionally any of soft / cute / naive of the defender.

You don't miss an opportunity do you
England v Wales tonight on 21:14 - Oct 11 with 1197 viewsWatford_Ranger

England v Wales tonight on 20:58 - Oct 11 by QPR_John

You don't miss an opportunity do you

Try not to.
England v Wales tonight on 22:08 - Oct 11 with 1152 viewsLblock

England v Wales tonight on 21:14 - Oct 11 by Watford_Ranger

Try not to.

England just beat the number one ranked team in the world and came from behind to do it.
With quite a few of the bigger players not starting
Lots wrong with England but quite a lot right and progressing quite nicely

Gotta be happy with that

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

England v Wales tonight on 22:40 - Oct 11 with 1121 viewsSt_Pollock

England v Wales tonight on 12:45 - Oct 9 by makaveli1882

What like the sh1tcaant James McClean who played for Northern Ireland u21s but is now the King of Ireland.

Similar to Grealish who never played for senior team and declined the invitation to play for them.

The main difference is both Grealish and Rice are English.

The Irish national team has been a farce for years half the players had never been to before playing for them, Tony Cascarino Clinton Morrison pahahaha.

Since 1930 Ireland have played in only 3 World Cups, in the two world cups that both teams participated in England went further in both.... the other was 1994.

We do have one winners medal that is next to our Rugby and Cricket ones.

Shock, horror...

A country which has a population less than London's has not achieved much as a country with 15 times the population and also has to call up players not born in the country...

Next week, why Germany has won more World Cups than the Faroe Islands.
England v Wales tonight on 07:17 - Oct 12 with 1040 viewsdistortR

England v Wales tonight on 22:40 - Oct 11 by St_Pollock

Shock, horror...

A country which has a population less than London's has not achieved much as a country with 15 times the population and also has to call up players not born in the country...

I've often pondered that one.
Is it because the Faroes are rocky and windy and retrieving the ball for a throw in is a real pain?
England v Wales tonight on 09:59 - Oct 12 with 991 viewsPhilmyRs

A win is not to be sniffed at, especially against Belgium but that could easily have been different, in fact could have got messy in the first half. Ball retention was poor, particularly first half where we should have been comfortably behind and were lucky to get a penalty to bring us back into the game although I do think it was a pen.

I’m not knocking the commitment and superb effort to fight back against a top side but that England Team, just doesn’t look good enough to me to take on the best in tournament football and get beyond a semi-final. No shame in that, but our biggest problem, not just at the last World Cup but for many years has been ball retention and creativity. A midfield 3 of Rice, Henderson and Mount doesn’t seem to me like a solution to those problems. It’s over 2 years since the Croatia game where Southgate highlighted our inability to control the game and/or have a Luka Modric type orchestrator in the middle of the park. We seem no closer to addressing this in the 2 years since. We have a lot of pace, a lot of power, a lot of heart, but we still need some composure and creativity to stand toe-to-toe with the top teams of world football.
England v Wales tonight on 14:18 - Oct 12 with 946 viewsPinnerPaul

England v Wales tonight on 22:08 - Oct 11 by Lblock

England just beat the number one ranked team in the world and came from behind to do it.
With quite a few of the bigger players not starting
Lots wrong with England but quite a lot right and progressing quite nicely

Gotta be happy with that

Quite a few of Belgium's 'bigger' players didn't start either though!
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 14:18]
Login to get fewer ads

England v Wales tonight on 15:13 - Oct 12 with 928 viewsCamberleyR

England v Wales tonight on 09:59 - Oct 12 by PhilmyRs

A win is not to be sniffed at, especially against Belgium but that could easily have been different, in fact could have got messy in the first half. Ball retention was poor, particularly first half where we should have been comfortably behind and were lucky to get a penalty to bring us back into the game although I do think it was a pen.

I’m not knocking the commitment and superb effort to fight back against a top side but that England Team, just doesn’t look good enough to me to take on the best in tournament football and get beyond a semi-final. No shame in that, but our biggest problem, not just at the last World Cup but for many years has been ball retention and creativity. A midfield 3 of Rice, Henderson and Mount doesn’t seem to me like a solution to those problems. It’s over 2 years since the Croatia game where Southgate highlighted our inability to control the game and/or have a Luka Modric type orchestrator in the middle of the park. We seem no closer to addressing this in the 2 years since. We have a lot of pace, a lot of power, a lot of heart, but we still need some composure and creativity to stand toe-to-toe with the top teams of world football.

"A midfield 3 of Rice, Henderson and Mount doesn’t seem to me like a solution to those problems"

This, all day long.
Even scum fan David Baddiel tweeted this:

It's early days but it appears that Grealish is maybe the latest in a long line down the years of creative players like Hoddle, Cunningham, Hudson and our very own Stan of not being totally trusted by an England manager.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

England v Wales tonight on 15:51 - Oct 12 with 909 viewsToast_R

England v Wales tonight on 22:40 - Oct 11 by St_Pollock

Shock, horror...

Ok, bring on China next.
England v Wales tonight on 01:48 - Oct 13 with 843 viewstimcocking

England v Wales tonight on 16:48 - Oct 8 by johncharles

Because both have Nations League matches in the next week. These friendlies can generate much needs revenue (for Wales) but there be any punters there. I suppose its an oppportunity for injuries

I'm with you JC. As a Welshman, that's a total lose-lose game as well. No way we'll beat England.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024