Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky’s red button 20:25 - Oct 20 with 4578 viewsNov77

Thought we’d be able to watch our game on it tomorrow, but Tonight’s championship games aren’t available on it so presume tomorrow’s won’t be either?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Sky’s red button on 20:30 - Oct 20 with 3405 viewsBuckR

They definitely are available tonight as I’m watching the Wycombe game. Think you can do either tomorrow night. As I understand it, if you watch on sky red button you just get the usual one camera angle, no replays and a commentator who’s just sat at Sky HQ watching it on TV. If you buy the stream from the club website then club get the additional money and you get replays etc, unfortunately you have to listen to Nick London though! Swings and roundabouts!
[Post edited 20 Oct 2020 20:33]
Sky’s red button on 20:41 - Oct 20 with 3357 viewsNov77

Ahh ok, last season you could press enter and it brought up a list of games that you could choose, Including the option to record. That option isn’t working now, guess you can only watch the game live now?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Sky’s red button on 10:16 - Oct 21 with 2946 viewsthompsonridd

Sky’s red button on 20:30 - Oct 20 by BuckR

They definitely are available tonight as I’m watching the Wycombe game. Think you can do either tomorrow night. As I understand it, if you watch on sky red button you just get the usual one camera angle, no replays and a commentator who’s just sat at Sky HQ watching it on TV. If you buy the stream from the club website then club get the additional money and you get replays etc, unfortunately you have to listen to Nick London though! Swings and roundabouts!
[Post edited 20 Oct 2020 20:33]

Nick London has a slightly less annoying accent than Andy Sinton!!!!!
Sky’s red button on 11:56 - Oct 21 with 2852 viewsdaveB

Sky’s red button on 10:16 - Oct 21 by thompsonridd

Nick London has a slightly less annoying accent than Andy Sinton!!!!!

you leave Andy Sinton alone, I quite like these 2 commentating although i don't think many agree
Sky’s red button on 12:04 - Oct 21 with 2814 viewsW7Ranger

Sky’s red button on 11:56 - Oct 21 by daveB

you leave Andy Sinton alone, I quite like these 2 commentating although i don't think many agree

I like them too.
Sky’s red button on 12:28 - Oct 21 with 2759 viewsfrancisbowles

Yes as commentators go they are pretty good. Just cut out some of the exaggerated comments and pronunciations. Difficult job commentating for audio coverage only simultaneously.
Sky’s red button on 12:50 - Oct 21 with 2697 viewsPinnerPaul

I agree with you 50%
Sky’s red button on 12:52 - Oct 21 with 2688 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky’s red button on 12:28 - Oct 21 by francisbowles

Yes as commentators go they are pretty good. Just cut out some of the exaggerated comments and pronunciations. Difficult job commentating for audio coverage only simultaneously.

In all seriousness, yes 2 things that don't make the job easy

1) 'Dual'commentary as you said and

2) They don't always have a monitor for away games especially, so no replays to look at

Neither of those two excuse Bar Bay and Bourne Mouth though!
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 12:53]
Login to get fewer ads

Sky’s red button on 12:57 - Oct 21 with 2667 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sky’s red button on 12:04 - Oct 21 by W7Ranger

I like them too.

Me too.

Most people who criticise commentators have zero clue how hard it is.

Bare bones.

Sky’s red button on 12:58 - Oct 21 with 2664 viewslondonscottish

I enjoy their comms. Nobody's perfect but at least they know the squad in detail and all the recent results.

Sky may have all the tech but sometimes they betray that they actually know very little about Rangers. They are sometimes winging it.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Sky’s red button on 12:59 - Oct 21 with 2662 viewsRs_Holy

I like em 👍
Sky’s red button on 13:27 - Oct 21 with 2561 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky’s red button on 12:57 - Oct 21 by Antti_Heinola

Me too.

I worked for ITV Sport for nearly 38 years so have every idea how hard it is!
Sky’s red button on 13:28 - Oct 21 with 2556 viewsLblock

I actually think Nick London has some good subtle humour...... I mean

"missing Ryan Manning after he got his dream move to Swansea"

I'll be on the QPR feed rather than Sky tonight

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Sky’s red button on 13:29 - Oct 21 with 2553 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky’s red button on 12:58 - Oct 21 by londonscottish

I enjoy their comms. Nobody's perfect but at least they know the squad in detail and all the recent results.

Sky may have all the tech but sometimes they betray that they actually know very little about Rangers. They are sometimes winging it.

That's true. Their knowledge of away players careers is excellent - I imagine very few other 'club' commentators bother with that much research about the oppo.

Player 'profiles' COULD be provided by EFL but I doubt it.
Sky’s red button on 13:31 - Oct 21 with 2550 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky’s red button on 13:28 - Oct 21 by Lblock

I actually think Nick London has some good subtle humour...... I mean

"missing Ryan Manning after he got his dream move to Swansea"

I'll be on the QPR feed rather than Sky tonight

and one he uses quite a lot about some ex players - 'QPR legend' when they clearly were anything but!

That's quite amusing - well at least it was for the first 2 or 3 times!
Sky’s red button on 14:00 - Oct 21 with 2522 viewsNorthLondonR

Sky’s red button on 13:31 - Oct 21 by PinnerPaul

and one he uses quite a lot about some ex players - 'QPR legend' when they clearly were anything but!

That's quite amusing - well at least it was for the first 2 or 3 times!

I thought i was the only one who noticed that!

Isn't the stream free for season ticket holders tonight? If not, I'm not sure I'll ever understand the website or the subsequent email I received from the Box Office when I questioned it...
Sky’s red button on 14:03 - Oct 21 with 2511 viewsNorthernr

Sky’s red button on 12:57 - Oct 21 by Antti_Heinola

Me too.

Me three.
Sky’s red button on 14:28 - Oct 21 with 2475 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky’s red button on 14:00 - Oct 21 by NorthLondonR

Isn't the stream free for season ticket holders tonight? If not, I'm not sure I'll ever understand the website or the subsequent email I received from the Box Office when I questioned it...

It is if you've activated your voucher. You only have to do it once, so if you have already watched a match for 'free' then it should be there for you.

There IS some jiggery pokery about not using the old app, but as the instructions for that may as well have been written in Sanskrit for all the good is does for a technical buffoon like me, you'll have to work that bit out yourself!
Sky’s red button on 15:02 - Oct 21 with 2428 viewsQPR_John

Sky’s red button on 14:00 - Oct 21 by NorthLondonR

It is not free for ST holders.
Sky’s red button on 15:15 - Oct 21 with 2406 viewsBlackCrowe

Sky’s red button on 15:02 - Oct 21 by QPR_John

I like the commentary team. Hope this helps.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Sky’s red button on 15:20 - Oct 21 with 2387 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky’s red button on 15:02 - Oct 21 by QPR_John

'Free' in the sense that if you haven't revoked your ST then you get access.
Sky’s red button on 15:36 - Oct 21 with 2363 viewsQPR_John

Sky’s red button on 15:20 - Oct 21 by PinnerPaul

'Free' in the sense that if you haven't revoked your ST then you get access.

Free in the sense that you don't have to pay £10 for each game as you've paid £270 up front!!!!!
Sky’s red button on 15:42 - Oct 21 with 2349 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky’s red button on 15:36 - Oct 21 by QPR_John

Free in the sense that you don't have to pay £10 for each game as you've paid £270 up front!!!!!

Its actually a maximum of £250 now and won't be that much as Sky bound to nick a few more games and what's the difference to any other year where you pay 'up front'?

If you don't want to lend the club money like that in future, pay for each match with that nice 'booking fee' added to the cost of each ticket!
Sky’s red button on 16:12 - Oct 21 with 2283 viewsstowmarketrange

Sky’s red button on 20:41 - Oct 20 by Nov77

Ahh ok, last season you could press enter and it brought up a list of games that you could choose, Including the option to record. That option isn’t working now, guess you can only watch the game live now?

That’s what I’ve done for tonight’s game.Only on the football channel though rather than the main 401 channel I think.
Sky’s red button on 16:21 - Oct 21 with 2256 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Sky’s red button on 16:12 - Oct 21 by stowmarketrange

That’s what I’ve done for tonight’s game.Only on the football channel though rather than the main 401 channel I think.

At the risk of getting lambasted as I can't see the answer here.

I am a season ticket holder on the DD scheme. I seem to have paid for two games on the stream. Home to Boro and away to Bournemouth. I understand the away to Bournemouth one as it was a Saturday away game but I am not sure why I had to pay for the Boro game.

Anyway, that aside, am I right in saying that if I watch on QPR + tonight it will cost me £10 either upfront or by deduction from refund?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024