Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale 13:15 - Oct 23 with 19206 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/53184/match-preview-shrewsb

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 23:58 - Oct 24 with 2416 viewsmikehunt

Aye VAR would not have allowed it. Don’t think I’ve felt gypped this season yet so next decision will be agin us (using the “things level themselves out over a season” theory.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 00:44 - Oct 25 with 2363 viewsDiddyDave

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 23:58 - Oct 24 by mikehunt

Aye VAR would not have allowed it. Don’t think I’ve felt gypped this season yet so next decision will be agin us (using the “things level themselves out over a season” theory.

In the immortal words of Mr Bumble in Oliver Twist,”If the that’s what the Law (VAR) thinks,then the Law (VAR) is an ass”.
Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 07:50 - Oct 25 with 2127 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 23:51 - Oct 24 by ArthurDaley

Seems we got away with one, according to the couple of minutes shown on Quest Newby's big toe was off side.

Newby was off side from the flick on,got away with it this time and finished with class, but yes we'll get enough 50/50s against us over a season.
Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 08:50 - Oct 25 with 2023 viewssweetcorn

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 17:57 - Oct 24 by jonahwhereru

Cos you know anyone with some football nouse knows will be down by Christmas ya know!! Really, because this squad has grit and know how to battle. Don’t want to get carried away because we are only one person away from playing our first choice team, but this is good so far. The bench is also looking stronger each week.
Some things BBM got stick for but has prove correct on:
Trusting 2 non league level players to step up
Offering McLaughlin a contract
Being able to mix up the game style.

Yep I rate our manager

UTD.

BBMs recruitment has been good throughout his time as manager, that has probably been the highlight of his tenure.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 09:05 - Oct 25 with 1979 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 07:50 - Oct 25 by nordenblue

Newby was off side from the flick on,got away with it this time and finished with class, but yes we'll get enough 50/50s against us over a season.

I'm not sure the Quest freeze frame was conclusive anyway. The camera needs to be inline with the incident and it was at an angle.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 09:08 - Oct 25 with 1983 viewsrkershaw

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 08:50 - Oct 25 by sweetcorn

BBMs recruitment has been good throughout his time as manager, that has probably been the highlight of his tenure.

Beesley's work ethic both offensively / defensively has been immense and certainly won't have gone unrecognized by his team mates. He get's himself into some fantastic scoring positions and just needs to find a little more quality in his finishing.......reminds me of Bamford (Leeds) in physique / height / positioning sense......once he gets off the mark and confidence grows then I think we'll have a player on our hands!!
Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 09:17 - Oct 25 with 1965 viewskel

Good stuff from BBM. Unfortunately some of the talk about “preparing for League Two” comes from some of our own ‘supporters’ so I’m glad he’s mentioned it.

Funny that those who wrote a million word essays after the Hull defeat are nowhere to be seen on some pages after yesterday’s win. They thrive on being negative and they can’t deny it so it’s extremely satisfying when the players prove the very people who should be backing them wrong. Long may it continue.
Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 09:18 - Oct 25 with 1960 views442Dale

Newby was offside, something that will undoubtedly go against us and for us again in the future despite the protestations around refs who favour the opposition. The important thing about the goal though was the way he took it on from there and went across the defender before finishing, showed real confidence in his own ability to make the most of the opportunity.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 09:36 - Oct 25 with 1904 viewsdawlishdale

That's two fantastic results, and whilst we rode our luck at times in both games, we showed superb resolve throughout the team.
Looks like Newby was just offside, but it's close. On another day; if its their player scoring from an offside position, we'd be going nuts.
Hopefully the goal will ease his nerves and will be the first of many.

Well done the Dale...let's be really positive going into the Sunderland game and take the game to them rather than sitting back and showing them too much respect, which I feel cost us against Hull.

Up the Dale.
Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 09:59 - Oct 25 with 1832 views1mark1

Great away win, two great away wins in a week.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 10:24 - Oct 25 with 1756 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 09:36 - Oct 25 by dawlishdale

That's two fantastic results, and whilst we rode our luck at times in both games, we showed superb resolve throughout the team.
Looks like Newby was just offside, but it's close. On another day; if its their player scoring from an offside position, we'd be going nuts.
Hopefully the goal will ease his nerves and will be the first of many.

Well done the Dale...let's be really positive going into the Sunderland game and take the game to them rather than sitting back and showing them too much respect, which I feel cost us against Hull.

Up the Dale.

We were guilty of showing Hull too much respect. Wherever that came from, the players/manager seem to have taken it on board and changed the dynamic, which is all you can ask for really

Also need to remember just how much this is a team still in transition, with the forwards and left side of defence in particular having to knit together (hoping this leads to a Beesley pearler soon). Another aspect is how many players are either playing through injuries or still on their way back, and how much stronger we could yet be. What's been most pleasing is the tenacity to hold on to a slender lead for long periods in both games

As the clocks go back, it perhaps gives us all something to look forward to with regular matchdays. I mentioned after the Hull defeat how i thought this was even more important this year, and the lads have responded

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 11:22 - Oct 25 with 1659 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 10:24 - Oct 25 by D_Alien

We were guilty of showing Hull too much respect. Wherever that came from, the players/manager seem to have taken it on board and changed the dynamic, which is all you can ask for really

Also need to remember just how much this is a team still in transition, with the forwards and left side of defence in particular having to knit together (hoping this leads to a Beesley pearler soon). Another aspect is how many players are either playing through injuries or still on their way back, and how much stronger we could yet be. What's been most pleasing is the tenacity to hold on to a slender lead for long periods in both games

As the clocks go back, it perhaps gives us all something to look forward to with regular matchdays. I mentioned after the Hull defeat how i thought this was even more important this year, and the lads have responded

I agree with that. The Hull performance was not good, and the subsequent writing it off as, “oh well, we can’t be expected to beat Hull”, was naive. However, the unnecessary diatribe directed at the manager was equally unwarranted.

The two performances since, while not being outright convincing, have been more aligned to what we are capable of and have, more importantly, delivered the points.

Pleasingly, to me at least, I think we are capable of more, and am confident that if we deliver that, we will be more than safe this season.

I’m not a happy clapper, nor am I an outright pessimist. I like to think I call each game exactly as I see it and that will warrant praise and criticism when due. I totally understand the frustration with those who operate at either end of that spectrum though, both here and on social media.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 11:29 - Oct 25 with 1635 viewskel

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 11:22 - Oct 25 by fitzochris

I agree with that. The Hull performance was not good, and the subsequent writing it off as, “oh well, we can’t be expected to beat Hull”, was naive. However, the unnecessary diatribe directed at the manager was equally unwarranted.

The two performances since, while not being outright convincing, have been more aligned to what we are capable of and have, more importantly, delivered the points.

Pleasingly, to me at least, I think we are capable of more, and am confident that if we deliver that, we will be more than safe this season.

I’m not a happy clapper, nor am I an outright pessimist. I like to think I call each game exactly as I see it and that will warrant praise and criticism when due. I totally understand the frustration with those who operate at either end of that spectrum though, both here and on social media.

Summed up better than me I think but it’s so frustrating when people are so extreme with their views after a defeat. Singling out players for “thinking they are better than they are” helps absolutely nobody, especially if said player(s) can see shite like that posted.

I probably come across as a bit of a happy clapper I suppose but I’d like to think I’m not, I just think negativity breeds negativity and it’s those very people who are the first to complain when things go wrong who are often part of the problem.

There’s plenty more downs to come this season I’d imagine but it would be nice if some could see the bigger picture now and again instead of spewing bile after a poor performance.
Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 11:30 - Oct 25 with 1630 views100notout

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 22:03 - Oct 24 by boromat

I think in the current system if you want all 3 to play it's Rathbone that misses out.

Beasley left, Newby Right and Humphrys down the middle. In reality I think it'll depend on who we're up against and how offensive / defensive we want to set up. Away from home Newby might miss out. At home possibly one of the defensive midfielders.

If we start to play 3 at the back that might make it even harder to fit them all in. I'm intrigued to see how we adapt....

As you say it will be interesting to see.

Disagree with Rathbone missing out though. For me if he's fit he's one of the first names on the team sheet. Just love his energy drive to go forward and bring others in to play and I think he carries the team sometimes when its not going well.

Morley is the one I would leave out - still young but I think needs to be taken out of the limelight for a little while, work hard, improve and then really kick on. Reminds me a bit of Scott Tanser - came through young, loads of potential, then for whatever reason seemed to plateau in terms of ability.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 11:36 - Oct 25 with 1617 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 11:29 - Oct 25 by kel

Summed up better than me I think but it’s so frustrating when people are so extreme with their views after a defeat. Singling out players for “thinking they are better than they are” helps absolutely nobody, especially if said player(s) can see shite like that posted.

I probably come across as a bit of a happy clapper I suppose but I’d like to think I’m not, I just think negativity breeds negativity and it’s those very people who are the first to complain when things go wrong who are often part of the problem.

There’s plenty more downs to come this season I’d imagine but it would be nice if some could see the bigger picture now and again instead of spewing bile after a poor performance.

Based on your posts, I don’t think you’re a happy clapper at all. I’m sure you’d call out a bad performance if it was due.

The problem is those at either end of the spectrum - those who round on anybody commenting on a poor performance, even when well reasoned and argued.

The worst, though, are those who only post when we lose and resort to personal abuse of the manager and the players, especially, as you say, in places where they can see it. Totally not on.

As a complete aside, what did you make of Doves’ new album? I thought it was ace and pleasing that there were ace tracks beyond what we’d already heard.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 11:45 - Oct 25 with 1590 viewsrkershaw

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 11:36 - Oct 25 by fitzochris

Based on your posts, I don’t think you’re a happy clapper at all. I’m sure you’d call out a bad performance if it was due.

The problem is those at either end of the spectrum - those who round on anybody commenting on a poor performance, even when well reasoned and argued.

The worst, though, are those who only post when we lose and resort to personal abuse of the manager and the players, especially, as you say, in places where they can see it. Totally not on.

As a complete aside, what did you make of Doves’ new album? I thought it was ace and pleasing that there were ace tracks beyond what we’d already heard.

Agree about Morley......not too sure if we're trying to shoe horn him into the starting 11 due to his excellent range of passing......not coming off for him atm but will return has he's got plenty of quality about him......playing too deep for my liking.......ala Camps. Tanser is 1 performance short off making it 100 for St Johnstone!!
Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 11:48 - Oct 25 with 1583 viewskel

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 11:36 - Oct 25 by fitzochris

It’s taking me a while to get into it which surprised me as I thought I’d love it straight away. Carousels is fookin ace though and Broken Eyes is the other which has stood out for me so far. I tend to need to listen to some albums for a good while before I really get into them but I’m sure I’ll love it like the others soon. I just happened to download it at the same time as getting James Dean Bradfield’s new one so I’m splitting my listening time between the two. Again, on that one, one or two tracks seem to stand out to me straight away before I learn to love the others.

All the above doesn’t count though when it comes to Public Service Broadcasting. I’d probably listen to them having a shite and enjoy it
Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 11:58 - Oct 25 with 1545 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 11:48 - Oct 25 by kel

It’s taking me a while to get into it which surprised me as I thought I’d love it straight away. Carousels is fookin ace though and Broken Eyes is the other which has stood out for me so far. I tend to need to listen to some albums for a good while before I really get into them but I’m sure I’ll love it like the others soon. I just happened to download it at the same time as getting James Dean Bradfield’s new one so I’m splitting my listening time between the two. Again, on that one, one or two tracks seem to stand out to me straight away before I learn to love the others.

All the above doesn’t count though when it comes to Public Service Broadcasting. I’d probably listen to them having a shite and enjoy it

But would you go to a live performance?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 12:03 - Oct 25 with 1522 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 09:05 - Oct 25 by dingdangblue

I'm not sure the Quest freeze frame was conclusive anyway. The camera needs to be inline with the incident and it was at an angle.

... something we need to remember when it goes against us.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 12:25 - Oct 25 with 1466 viewskel

Fook yeah!

In response to D’Alien’s question, edit
[Post edited 25 Oct 2020 12:29]
Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 12:34 - Oct 25 with 1428 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 11:58 - Oct 25 by D_Alien

But would you go to a live performance?

Only if he was feeling down in the dumps.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 12:59 - Oct 25 with 1365 views100notout

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 11:45 - Oct 25 by rkershaw

Agree about Morley......not too sure if we're trying to shoe horn him into the starting 11 due to his excellent range of passing......not coming off for him atm but will return has he's got plenty of quality about him......playing too deep for my liking.......ala Camps. Tanser is 1 performance short off making it 100 for St Johnstone!!

And good look to the lad. I hope he’s doing well and earning a good living. Fitzochris can probably tell us more. I just feel like he never reached his potential with us and would hate for Morley to go the same way.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 13:03 - Oct 25 with 1351 viewsisitme

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 12:59 - Oct 25 by 100notout

And good look to the lad. I hope he’s doing well and earning a good living. Fitzochris can probably tell us more. I just feel like he never reached his potential with us and would hate for Morley to go the same way.

I'm not sure what happened to Tanser who appeared a decent left back/ball playing left sided centre half. Did he fall victim to Hill's 'tough love'?
Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 14:07 - Oct 25 with 1226 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 11:45 - Oct 25 by rkershaw

I think a few of our players have been a bit off with their passing in the last few games. Hopefully just a bit of rustiness and some time needed as the young/new lads get to know their new teammates.
Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 14:38 - Oct 25 with 1169 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 14:07 - Oct 25 by Nigeriamark

I think a few of our players have been a bit off with their passing in the last few games. Hopefully just a bit of rustiness and some time needed as the young/new lads get to know their new teammates.

I feel like the passing issue is more to do with how we've been setup very defensive and compact. When we do turn it over it's a little bit overcrowded and we've found it hard to keep possession as it's needed a really good quality pass to get out of it. I'm hoping we can play a bit more offensively at home and try to have more of the ball.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024