Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loftus Road back Open 12:03 - Oct 27 with 3922 viewsdaveB

So for Saturday you can buy tickets to go in the C Club, get a meal and drinks £64.95 per person with upto 6 people per table and then watch the game on the big screen.

Loftus Road back Open on 14:20 - Oct 27 with 1091 viewsMick_S

Loftus Road back Open on 14:16 - Oct 27 by lightwaterhoop

Believe it or not i think they draw the curtains so you cant see the pitch! at least that is what
they do at Wealdstone FC.

I remember going to watch Grays Athletic a few times many years ago who had the same policy; if you watch from the bar there is no admission money paid so it is discouraged.

Edit: Hence, the curtains are closed to encourage people to pay at the turnstiles. Apologies, I wasn't clear there.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 14:48]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Loftus Road back Open on 14:40 - Oct 27 with 1065 viewsjoe90

Loftus Road back Open on 14:16 - Oct 27 by lightwaterhoop

Believe it or not i think they draw the curtains so you cant see the pitch! at least that is what
they do at Wealdstone FC.

Madness!
Loftus Road back Open on 14:44 - Oct 27 with 1057 viewsStanisgod

That's more frustrating than not going at all.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Loftus Road back Open on 15:01 - Oct 27 with 1026 viewsMatch82

Loftus Road back Open on 14:18 - Oct 27 by PinnerPaul

Well we couldn't get 20,000 in before so unlikely to now but 1,000 or so socially distanced outside HAS to be an acceptable risk - no?

My point was how difficult it is to draw the line rather than the actual numbers - I agree with you that 1000 people rattling around in a 19000 stadium seems manageable. But is that 1000 for everyone or does it depend on the size of the stadium? Percentage of capacity? Does it depend on how wide the concourses are? It feels like there are answers to those but nobody wants to take the risk of making a call. Much easier to say "everything closed" and wash your hands of the whole thing
Loftus Road back Open on 15:02 - Oct 27 with 1024 viewsmakaveli1882

Loftus Road back Open on 14:12 - Oct 27 by BrianMcCarthy

I was only cracking a joke based on your user name, sorry!

Brilliant
Loftus Road back Open on 15:10 - Oct 27 with 1004 viewsPinnerPaul

Loftus Road back Open on 15:01 - Oct 27 by Match82

My point was how difficult it is to draw the line rather than the actual numbers - I agree with you that 1000 people rattling around in a 19000 stadium seems manageable. But is that 1000 for everyone or does it depend on the size of the stadium? Percentage of capacity? Does it depend on how wide the concourses are? It feels like there are answers to those but nobody wants to take the risk of making a call. Much easier to say "everything closed" and wash your hands of the whole thing

that would be easier - but not everything IS closed - see 'FA Cup Shambles' thread.

I did a game last night with spectators - that's what so barmy.

As Championship, L1 and L2 clubs have said they have an independent H & S executive who have to sign off every game, they have far more resources available to manage social distancing etc, yet they can't allow ANYONE in while clubs lower down with less resources can - but as Brian says it does your blood pressure no good pointing out the many contradictions and tbf it IS impossible to keep the economy gong 100% and keep everyone 100% safe - there has to be a balance and I think these anomalies are with us for a while yet!
Loftus Road back Open on 15:37 - Oct 27 with 966 viewsDavieQPR

Look we all know Covid can tell if you are having a meal with your beer. It can also tell if your watching together on a big indoor screen or outside watching the game. Covid is so clever it can tell the difference between lower league football and the rest. How it knows when it's
10 o'clock, even when we changed back an hour to unsuccessfully fool it, is amazing.
Loftus Road back Open on 15:51 - Oct 27 with 943 viewsstevec

Welding a Balti pie to the roof of your mouth and washing it off with warm Carlsberg you can create the same big match atmosphere at home for less than a tenner.
Login to get fewer ads

Loftus Road back Open on 18:48 - Oct 27 with 826 viewsMalintabuk

I hear that Derby have sold 20 tables at a million £ a table what FFP
Loftus Road back Open on 19:00 - Oct 27 with 816 viewsGroveR

Loftus Road back Open on 15:51 - Oct 27 by stevec

Welding a Balti pie to the roof of your mouth and washing it off with warm Carlsberg you can create the same big match atmosphere at home for less than a tenner.

Employ a random woman to sit on the sofa in front of you and scream "AVVVVV IIIIITTTT!" every time the ball gets within 25 yards of either goal.
Loftus Road back Open on 19:40 - Oct 27 with 803 viewsted_hendrix

This'll be popular.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Loftus Road back Open on 10:32 - Oct 28 with 747 viewsbollockchops

Having never been in a corperate box,why not set some tables up in the Ellerslie Rd bogs and flood it with an inch of piss and have disco powder on tap in trap 1,2 and 3 and charge 37 quid plus 2.50 booking fee ,that would be a more realistic match day experience
Loftus Road back Open on 10:42 - Oct 28 with 732 viewsMick_S

I've heard there has been a slight tweak to the menu:

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024