Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheff Wed points reduction halved 19:08 - Nov 4 with 5982 viewsBakes

Now only 6 points deducted, so they are now +5 points and Wycombe go bottom.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2020 19:10]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 19:13 - Nov 4 with 4248 viewsted_hendrix

*Sighs*

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 19:17 - Nov 4 with 4212 viewsPaddyhoops

Bet we don't get half our fine back. !!!
Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 19:19 - Nov 4 with 4191 viewsThe_Beast1976

What a load of old bollox. We were properly striped up
Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 19:29 - Nov 4 with 4146 viewsStanisgod

Can the EFL even pass their own fit and proper test.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 19:39 - Nov 4 with 4086 viewsted_hendrix

Under the English Football League's profitability and sustainability rules - which were previously known as Financial Fair Play - Championship clubs are only allowed to lose £39m over a three-year period.

Wednesday were the first club to be punished for including the sale of their ground in their accounts, but Derby County, Aston Villa and Reading have also been scrutinised for similar transactions in the past.

The Owls' charge, however, related specifically to "how and when" the sale of Hillsborough took place rather than the sale of the stadium itself.

Whatever

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 19:45 - Nov 4 with 4056 viewsqprxtc

Yet another big steaming pile of diarrhoea shit to emanate from the arse of the Football League and stream down our throat.
Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 19:58 - Nov 4 with 4022 viewsDejR_vu

FFP 🤣😂. What a joke, except for us, of course. We get a colossal fine, of course. £20m fine or six point deduction. Hmmm, seems fair 🤨

And, of course, we’re strictly adhering to the rules whilst others view it as a bit of bantz.

Our owners really do have the anti-Midas touch. They couldn’t pick a winner in a one horse race.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 21:19 - Nov 4 with 3856 viewsstowmarketrange

I gather the sky commentary tonight mentions another take over at Direby and them selling their ground again.You really couldn’t make this sh@t up.
Login to get fewer ads

Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 21:45 - Nov 4 with 3810 viewsjohncharles

The brown envelope league

Strong and stable my arse.

Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 21:52 - Nov 4 with 3779 viewsloftus77

Just seen this...

Eh?? Wot?? How??? WTF??!!! Bllx!!!

Doesn't take the shine off tonight (well done lads) but not good. At all. Not on. Not fair on many levels.Could be very significant.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2020 21:53]
Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 23:14 - Nov 4 with 3591 viewsdaveB

Nick De Marko strikes again, making a career out of beating the EFL
Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 23:35 - Nov 4 with 3543 viewsNewBee

Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 19:29 - Nov 4 by Stanisgod

Can the EFL even pass their own fit and proper test.

Far be it for me to defend the EFL, but this latest b.s. can't be stuck on them:

"The independent panel has today rejected the club's appeal related to matters surrounding the stadium sale and on consideration of the sanction; they did not agree with the club's assertion that a points deduction should not have been imposed," an EFL statement stated.
"However, they did opt to reduce the sporting punishment from 12 points to six, which will be effective immediately."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54814357
[Post edited 4 Nov 2020 23:36]
Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 23:48 - Nov 4 with 3508 viewsStanisgod

Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 23:35 - Nov 4 by NewBee

Far be it for me to defend the EFL, but this latest b.s. can't be stuck on them:

"The independent panel has today rejected the club's appeal related to matters surrounding the stadium sale and on consideration of the sanction; they did not agree with the club's assertion that a points deduction should not have been imposed," an EFL statement stated.
"However, they did opt to reduce the sporting punishment from 12 points to six, which will be effective immediately."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54814357
[Post edited 4 Nov 2020 23:36]

Why not ?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 23:54 - Nov 4 with 3490 viewsNewBee

Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 23:48 - Nov 4 by Stanisgod

Why not ?

Because the EFL imposed the original 12 point deduction, but Sheff Wed appealed to an independent Tribunal (as is their right) and the Tribunal reduced the penalty to 6 points.

P.S. Don't ask me why the tw@ts on the Tribunal reduced the penalty, it's baffling.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2020 23:55]
Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 00:30 - Nov 5 with 3455 viewsDavieQPR

The arbitration panel consists of 3 people. One appointed by the EFL, one appointed by Sheff Wed and one appointed by Sports Resolutions. Sports Resolutions covers over 300 sports. So you have 2 biased people and 1 who doesn't really know what they are talking about. So they decided to split it down the middle for the easy way out.
Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 09:38 - Nov 5 with 3194 viewsSimplyNico

Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 00:30 - Nov 5 by DavieQPR

The arbitration panel consists of 3 people. One appointed by the EFL, one appointed by Sheff Wed and one appointed by Sports Resolutions. Sports Resolutions covers over 300 sports. So you have 2 biased people and 1 who doesn't really know what they are talking about. So they decided to split it down the middle for the easy way out.

Not correct re Sport Res. The people they appoint are first class. There is lot of brain power there and a lot of expertise in football.
Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 09:55 - Nov 5 with 3143 viewsLblock

Reinforces again to me just how clueless Bungle and the boys are.

Yep, we were bang to rights and deserved a punishment, however what we've been hit with and accepted could've been mitigated.
We were supposed to be an example but all I've seen since is a load of workaround or committed clubs making the EFL look like right charlies.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 09:56 - Nov 5 with 3143 viewsMick_S

Wednesday won once on Tuesday and twice on Wednesday. Got to be a club record.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 10:02 - Nov 5 with 3135 viewsGloryHunter

Who was the guy in the stand at Derby the Sky cameras kept showing - wearing glasses and with his nose not covered by his mask?
[Post edited 5 Nov 2020 10:03]
Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 10:06 - Nov 5 with 3119 viewsslmrstid

Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 10:02 - Nov 5 by GloryHunter

Who was the guy in the stand at Derby the Sky cameras kept showing - wearing glasses and with his nose not covered by his mask?
[Post edited 5 Nov 2020 10:03]

I believe it was the (in)famous Mel Morris.

Probably deciding which bit of the ground he needs to sell to himself next to get that all important signing to power them up the table.
Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 10:12 - Nov 5 with 3090 viewscolinallcars

Well, at least it's nice to see Wednesday, Forest and Derby in the bottom five this morning.
Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 10:14 - Nov 5 with 3078 viewsGloryHunter

Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 10:06 - Nov 5 by slmrstid

I believe it was the (in)famous Mel Morris.

Probably deciding which bit of the ground he needs to sell to himself next to get that all important signing to power them up the table.

Thanks. They were dwelling on him a lot - any Sky viewers rmember what the commentator was saying about him?
Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 10:27 - Nov 5 with 3040 viewsIrish_Hoop

When it comes to EFL “fudges” we all seem to conveniently forget that part of our £42m settlement/fine was the writing off of £22m of shareholder loans.
Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 10:28 - Nov 5 with 3038 viewsloftboy

Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 09:55 - Nov 5 by Lblock

Reinforces again to me just how clueless Bungle and the boys are.

Yep, we were bang to rights and deserved a punishment, however what we've been hit with and accepted could've been mitigated.
We were supposed to be an example but all I've seen since is a load of workaround or committed clubs making the EFL look like right charlies.

Trouble is it was different rules back then, add on the fact we were also being blackmailed with the threat of not getting allocated any fixtures had us backed in a corner.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 10:44 - Nov 5 with 3002 viewsDejR_vu

Sheff Wed points reduction halved on 10:28 - Nov 5 by loftboy

Trouble is it was different rules back then, add on the fact we were also being blackmailed with the threat of not getting allocated any fixtures had us backed in a corner.

True, but why is is that all of these clubs are finding cavernous loopholes, and yet we couldn’t? I can’t believe the authorities replaced the original rules with a set to make it easier to circumvent?

And, why is it that when a club is actually charged, their punishment is so feeble when ours was so draconian. As I say, £20m fine of 6 points? Really?

Take a step back for one moment and think where else a punishment is defined as an opportunity to get away scot free?

It’s beyond farcical.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024