Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans Back Next Month 19:15 - Nov 17 with 6567 viewsdaveB

By the sound of it would need to be in Tier 1 for it to happen so unlikely for us but small step in the right direction

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54977370

Fans Back Next Month on 16:43 - Nov 23 with 1984 viewsPinnerPaul

Fans Back Next Month on 16:26 - Nov 23 by daveB

you can drive yourself mad worrying about it, we have to try and get back to some sort of normal life and having a few thousand into games will be a big step towards that. As with all the rules you can find loopholes and problems but if you are in one of the groups at risk of serious illness or live with people who are at risk you just don't go to these sort of things just as you wouldn't go to the theatre.

Yes that's true - I'm not really worried from a personal point of view - looks like grassroots sport is returning, so I'll be out and about refereeing and will apply for tickets at KPFS, but my point being - as you allude to - like many of the 'rules' - they don't really make much sense.

Does seem barmy for example that you can go to an indoor sport event now with 999 other strangers, but can't meet 6 family members in your own house!

This will run, but DO think from a fairness point of view that many in the game will have a whine and a moan about this and can see their point tbh.
Fans Back Next Month on 16:54 - Nov 23 with 1939 viewsW7Ranger

And it would appear that having no fans is having an impact on H/A form in the Prem.

So far, more games have been won away than they have at home. (38 to 32).
Fans Back Next Month on 17:16 - Nov 23 with 1876 viewsslmrstid

The only thing that would concern me here, is the prospect of being penalised if I can't go to a game because of the circumstances outside of my control.

Ie - I wouldnt want to lose out on a 1/23 credit, or whatever the club may offer, if my number comes up in a ballot for a Tier 2 home game in front of 2,000, but I can't go from living in a Tier 3 place.
Fans Back Next Month on 17:22 - Nov 23 with 1848 viewsstevec

Could Rangers do vaccinations in the club shop?

Used to get those ‘if there’s a Doctor in the stadium please could you come to the Box Office’, could start that appeal now, get ahead of the game.
Fans Back Next Month on 18:16 - Nov 23 with 1740 viewsfrancisbowles

The club have every season ticket holder's name and address. So trust them to know who would be eligible to attend and who wouldn't, before they run any ballot etc.
Fans Back Next Month on 18:55 - Nov 23 with 1689 viewswombat

Fans Back Next Month on 16:29 - Nov 23 by LythamR

I dont think its sensible to be trying to get people into grounds at the moment but given the choice i would take football outside over a panto indoors with people shouting "Oh no it isnt" at the top of their voices! every few minutes, talk about a recipe for disaster, I hope they have gale force air conditioning.

I always shout hes behind you when we have to face a corner , usually followed by bloody zonal marking again

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Fans Back Next Month on 19:11 - Nov 23 with 1657 viewsdaveB

Fans Back Next Month on 16:43 - Nov 23 by PinnerPaul

Yes that's true - I'm not really worried from a personal point of view - looks like grassroots sport is returning, so I'll be out and about refereeing and will apply for tickets at KPFS, but my point being - as you allude to - like many of the 'rules' - they don't really make much sense.

Does seem barmy for example that you can go to an indoor sport event now with 999 other strangers, but can't meet 6 family members in your own house!

This will run, but DO think from a fairness point of view that many in the game will have a whine and a moan about this and can see their point tbh.

My kids are in bubbles at school with loads of other kids bringing their germs home but I can't go and see my Mum and Dad at their house, is all barmy really but just got to try and make the most of it, an end does look in sight now
Fans Back Next Month on 19:22 - Nov 23 with 1644 viewsBlackCrowe

What if squirrels are covid-carriers like the mink in Denmark?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Login to get fewer ads

Fans Back Next Month on 10:04 - Nov 24 with 1462 viewstoboboly

Fans Back Next Month on 19:22 - Nov 23 by BlackCrowe

What if squirrels are covid-carriers like the mink in Denmark?

It's worse...

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/sex-pistols-star-john-lydon-bitten-by-f

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Fans Back Next Month on 10:13 - Nov 24 with 1450 viewsPinnerPaul

Fans Back Next Month on 19:11 - Nov 23 by daveB

My kids are in bubbles at school with loads of other kids bringing their germs home but I can't go and see my Mum and Dad at their house, is all barmy really but just got to try and make the most of it, an end does look in sight now

Yep all true Dave.
Fans Back Next Month on 10:23 - Nov 24 with 1431 viewsTheChef

I'm just a bit concerned what's at the other end - given we've had our civil liberties trampled on the past eight months for a flu virus with a minuscule mortality rate.

Probably better we all stay at home, watch crp TV and buy crp online. Like other wild animals, humans cause too much trouble when they're let out.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Fans Back Next Month on 10:32 - Nov 24 with 1423 viewsStanisgod

Fans Back Next Month on 16:43 - Nov 23 by PinnerPaul

Are they changing rules for indoor non sport events as well?
02 advertising December events, Albert Hall as well.
Still can't work out how indoors is now apparently now safer than outdoors.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Fans Back Next Month on 11:17 - Nov 24 with 1358 viewsNorthantsHoop

Fans Back Next Month on 17:16 - Nov 23 by slmrstid

The only thing that would concern me here, is the prospect of being penalised if I can't go to a game because of the circumstances outside of my control.

Ie - I wouldnt want to lose out on a 1/23 credit, or whatever the club may offer, if my number comes up in a ballot for a Tier 2 home game in front of 2,000, but I can't go from living in a Tier 3 place.

I am of the same opinion as you, would be unfair if season ticket holders that live in a higher tier area are penalised through the new rules. Also the previous guidance prior to the October suspension of fans returning had a provision that season ticket holders retaining their ticket would have to apply in a ballot for 50% of the remaining games. I assume this would have to be looked again with the tiered approach, as again this would negatively affect those people who remain in a higher tier area and would not be able to attend.
Fans Back Next Month on 12:09 - Nov 24 with 1319 viewsstevec

Reading reports that you won’t be allowed to sing or shout but you will have to wear a face mask.

I see a flaw in this ruling.
Fans Back Next Month on 13:24 - Nov 24 with 1259 viewsderbyhoop

Fans Back Next Month on 10:23 - Nov 24 by TheChef

I'm just a bit concerned what's at the other end - given we've had our civil liberties trampled on the past eight months for a flu virus with a minuscule mortality rate.

Probably better we all stay at home, watch crp TV and buy crp online. Like other wild animals, humans cause too much trouble when they're let out.

Don't you think you are being cavalier when you talk of "miniscule mortality rate" when over 55,000 deaths have been recorded in the UK. And the excess deaths is even higher.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Fans Back Next Month on 14:58 - Nov 24 with 1206 viewsNorthernr

Be interesting to see what happens with the tiers on Thursday.

Wouldn't surprise me to see London, and basically any built up town or conurbation, left in tier three, so the government can say it kept its promise of ending the national lockdown start of December, when in reality it's only over if you live on your own in the woods. And if that is the case, then how many clubs will even be allowed to benefit to the tune of 2,000 fans.
Fans Back Next Month on 15:07 - Nov 24 with 1191 viewsSharpy36

Fans Back Next Month on 14:58 - Nov 24 by Northernr

Wouldn't surprise me to see London, and basically any built up town or conurbation, left in tier three, so the government can say it kept its promise of ending the national lockdown start of December, when in reality it's only over if you live on your own in the woods. And if that is the case, then how many clubs will even be allowed to benefit to the tune of 2,000 fans.

Most in Kent.

But i fear t3 for us as we have the number 1 and number 5 highest ranking areas in the UK at present.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Fans Back Next Month on 15:10 - Nov 24 with 1184 viewsMedwayR

Fans Back Next Month on 15:07 - Nov 24 by Sharpy36

Most in Kent.

But i fear t3 for us as we have the number 1 and number 5 highest ranking areas in the UK at present.

Most of that’s because of Sheppey though isn’t it?

Poll: Who’s better?

Fans Back Next Month on 15:13 - Nov 24 with 1175 viewsSharpy36

Fans Back Next Month on 15:10 - Nov 24 by MedwayR

Most of that’s because of Sheppey though isn’t it?

Yes mate. I`m saying no more

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Fans Back Next Month on 15:28 - Nov 24 with 1152 viewsterryb

i'm expecting Ipswich to be moved to tier two. Whether the rest of Suffolk would be included in leaving tier one , I would have no idea.

As we were one of the safest areas upto a week or so before lockdown , I don't know what restrictions tier two brings. I will look it up if we have been moved.
Fans Back Next Month on 15:47 - Nov 24 with 1134 viewsdenhamhoop2

I would imagine where I live will be Tier 2 but where I work will be Tier 3 as is Loftus Road the journey is basically the same bar 4 stops on the tube. So I can travel into Tier 3 for work and be inside for 8 /12 hours at work in the same area with 500 people in a large warehouse but not 2000 outside in an area that holds 18000 as with every other rule it makes no sense. As for entering and leaving the ground at the same time you should see people leaving work the 2 metre rule is not exactly adhered to very strictly
Fans Back Next Month on 15:49 - Nov 24 with 1133 viewsdaveB

I think most places will be in Tier 3 to start with especially as rules are going to be relaxed over Christmas
Fans Back Next Month on 16:24 - Nov 24 with 1090 viewsslmrstid

Yep - expecting Leicester too to be T3, hence my fretting about the potential of missing out. But if QPR/LR is in T3 then its a bit irrelevant.

Forest Green will probably be ok for 4,000 ! More than they get normally I would have thought ;)
Fans Back Next Month on 17:22 - Nov 24 with 1034 viewscollegeranger

Fans Back Next Month on 16:24 - Nov 24 by slmrstid

Yep - expecting Leicester too to be T3, hence my fretting about the potential of missing out. But if QPR/LR is in T3 then its a bit irrelevant.

Forest Green will probably be ok for 4,000 ! More than they get normally I would have thought ;)

Forest Green can only have a maximum of 2573 spectators as you are limited to 50% of your maximum capacity which theirs is 5147 !!
Fans Back Next Month on 20:10 - Nov 24 with 941 viewsslmrstid

Fans Back Next Month on 17:22 - Nov 24 by collegeranger

Forest Green can only have a maximum of 2573 spectators as you are limited to 50% of your maximum capacity which theirs is 5147 !!

Didn't know that ! Makes sense though, I suppose, but could be an extra blow for smaller clubs in T1 areas (if there are any) potentially.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024