Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. 14:56 - Jan 4 with 21718 viewsOldPedro

Let's hope this isn't anything to do with us!!!!!!

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 14:45 - Jan 5 with 3114 viewsBrianMcCarthy

So... has he arrived yet?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 14:51 - Jan 5 with 3094 viewsted_hendrix

It's slightly incredible that Barton is even being discussed as being brought back to this club,
a player who at best was bang average and from what I can make out a Manager who up till the time he left Fleetwood was also bang average.
As a human being he's morally way below bang average.
Currently I'm not at all happy with Warburton but I'd have Warburton over Barton as QPR Manager a million times over.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 14:57 - Jan 5 with 3076 viewsBostonR

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 14:51 - Jan 5 by ted_hendrix

It's slightly incredible that Barton is even being discussed as being brought back to this club,
a player who at best was bang average and from what I can make out a Manager who up till the time he left Fleetwood was also bang average.
As a human being he's morally way below bang average.
Currently I'm not at all happy with Warburton but I'd have Warburton over Barton as QPR Manager a million times over.

Here, here!
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 15:07 - Jan 5 with 3047 viewsterryb

You have to be one hell of a human being for Ched Evans to be preferred to you!
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 16:36 - Jan 5 with 2850 viewsVancouverHoop

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 15:51 - Jan 4 by Northernr

Failed in League 1, despite having a v good budget and strike force for the level.
Arrested for punching another manager in the face, court case pending.
Fired by a club where the chairman is actually his mate, a club that has now twice given him a chance when nobody else would, for being an intolerable knob head.

And still, still, ppl stick up for this cnt and would have him back here.
If it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck it’s a fcking duck. Even QPR have more self respect than to bring him back.

I'm not going to raise a finger in support of Barton, and I certainly wouldn't want him anywhere near our Rs. But, in the interests of accuracy a couple of things. Piley stopped pumping money into Fleetwood in 2016. Since then, like us, they've been "self-sustaining."
Second, on the Barnsley incident. At the end of the game Barton followed Daniel Stendel up the tunnel, ran up to him, and shoved him from behind into a metal pole. Stendel was still receiving dental work months later. Clearly not accidental, (though I'm sure his brief will claim that) but not a fist in the mouth either.
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 17:19 - Jan 5 with 2755 viewsizlingtonhoop

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 16:15 - Jan 4 by LazyFan

You don't understand, he's just a misunderstood kid from the ghetto. In da ghetto!

If only you will hear his story and give him just one more another chance ...
and then another
and then another
and then another
and then another
and then another
and then another ...

He's exactly the sort that gives the ghetto a fu cking bad name!
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 17:24 - Jan 5 with 2732 viewsizlingtonhoop

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 17:57 - Jan 4 by Northernr

He has one of the division's bigger budgets, and better strike forces, and has managed 11th, play-off failure, 10th. He lost the play-offs because his ill-disciplined team got men sent off in the home leg. Played nicely in the second leg (not nicely enough to go through of course) but if it's playing nicely and still losing that you enjoy, well we may as well stick with what we've got.

Neil Warnock didn't stub a cigar out in anybody's eye. Neil Warnock's brother didn't bury an axe in a teenager's head because he didn't like his colour. Neil Warnock didn't come to QPR and blow up our dressing room. Neil Warnock didn't come to QPR and get sent off repeatedly in crucial matches, once for fondling another player's balls. Neil Warnock didn't fck off to Marseille for a year, spend the whole time slagging QPR off and laughing at us, then waltz straight back into the team as if he owned the place. Neil Warnock didn't give it all the "band of brothers" bullsht while at the same time behaving abysmally and blowing the dressing room up for a second time. Neil Warnock doesn't have an impending court case for banging an opposition manager out. Neil Warnock didn't get Neil Warnock the sack by snivelling and back chatting to the chairman.

If Fleetwood were top of the league with 100 points and 100 goals, he'd still be a cnt, and we should still never touch him with the shitty end of the shittiest stick.

Your case is certain. But whatever sort of shit bag his brother is is irrelevant.

See, for instance Lineker, Gary...
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 18:15 - Jan 5 with 2657 viewsdenhamhoop2

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 13:09 - Jan 5 by gazza1

Apologies Norf, thought he was their Manager when they got promoted.

Some proper players are well behind him though and fully supportive of him.....players that actually worked with him every day and played with him in the same team.

Managers were as well behind him playing him whenever fit......

However, many on this MB who doesn't really know him or the inner workings of a professional football club or played at a senior level think many negative things about him.

As i have implied, i would have him in my side and I think he was one of our best players - a winner.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 13:10]

A winner in his much salaried career he won 2 Championship winners medals 1 with Newcastle where he played 8 games and scored 1 goal so hardly the leader of this side and Burnley where he was integral to a team that hasn't done too badly since he left. Have a read of his autobiography and see just how arrogant and deluded he is as an individual. He really was a poor man's Dennis Wise as a player and if he becomes our Manager god help us all
Login to get fewer ads

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 18:21 - Jan 5 with 2647 viewsPinnerPaul

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 13:37 - Jan 5 by NW5Hoop

It's all hearsay, and none of us are in direct contact with those who played alongside Barton, but …

I used to see a fair bit of someone who played for Palace alongside Derry and Hill. He said the majority of QPR players couldn't stand Barton (or Adel, but of course he had a ton of talent, so they forgave him). I asked why they always seemed to be doing social things with him then. He said it was because it was easier to pretend to be Barton's friend, because he'd make life so unpleasant if you weren't his friend.

Re Clint Hill. We all have a tendency to romanticise players we admire. I'm sure Clint Hill isn't a complete scumbag. But he was a hard old bast*rd on the pitch, and I wouldn't be in the least surprised if he's a hard old bast*rd off the pitch, too, who isn't concerned with being the next St Francis of Assisi. And it's also completely possible him working with Barton wasn't because he loves spending time with him — maybe he got offered a job at a club with ambition and thought it would be a good thing to do for a couple of years. Let's wait and see if he follows Barton to his next job, too.

On the wider point, I hated Barton when he was here. Not just because he's a terrible excuse for a human being, but also because of his superhuman ego. If he'd been half as good as he thought he was, he would have been twice as good as he actually was. I'd hate to see him back.

One point - no need for Mackie etc to 'pretend' to be his friend now though is there?

Don't want him back, just saying no one forcing Mackie and his gang to have weekly social contact with him, as Jamie says they do in his interview.
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 20:10 - Jan 5 with 2552 viewsMatch82

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 18:21 - Jan 5 by PinnerPaul

One point - no need for Mackie etc to 'pretend' to be his friend now though is there?

Don't want him back, just saying no one forcing Mackie and his gang to have weekly social contact with him, as Jamie says they do in his interview.

Very few people are nasty to their friends. A better way to judge a man's character is their behaviour towards people they don't know or don't consider in their close circle.
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 20:32 - Jan 5 with 2509 viewsLunarJetman

Still plenty of plums on Twitter calling for him.

Anyone remember Matt Dorian form the old dotorg?

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 22:55 - Jan 5 with 2375 viewstimcocking

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 16:32 - Jan 4 by Myke

After 45 years following us through thin and thin (not a typo), the only two people that could realistically be appointed our manager and would force me into a sabbatical would be Barton and that other bolox, Sherwood. Either of them come in, I'm out until they are gone again .

Gawd only knows what Tim Sherwood has done (apart from being a bit of a tit). People talk like he's a child rapist.

As for Barton, this thread shouldn't exist. Not a chance in Hell that complete prick will be coming here. Unless they're actively trying to shut the club down.
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. (n/t) on 01:17 - Jan 6 with 2325 viewsLoftgirl

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 14:57 - Jan 5 by BostonR

Here, here!

[Post edited 6 Jan 2021 9:56]
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 07:12 - Jan 6 with 2263 viewsdistortR

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. (n/t) on 01:17 - Jan 6 by Loftgirl

don't be so pedantic. Maybe BostonR was in space and wanted the ball.
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. (n/t) on 08:21 - Jan 6 with 2225 viewsLoftgirl

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 07:12 - Jan 6 by distortR

don't be so pedantic. Maybe BostonR was in space and wanted the ball.

[Post edited 6 Jan 2021 9:57]
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 08:50 - Jan 6 with 2193 viewsBostonR

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. (n/t) on 01:17 - Jan 6 by Loftgirl

An unforgivable error!
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 09:14 - Jan 6 with 2166 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. (n/t) on 08:21 - Jan 6 by Loftgirl

[Post edited 6 Jan 2021 9:57]

I think you missed DistortR's joke there, to be fair.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 14:10 - Jan 6 with 2020 viewsPinnerPaul

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 20:10 - Jan 5 by Match82

Very few people are nasty to their friends. A better way to judge a man's character is their behaviour towards people they don't know or don't consider in their close circle.

Probably very true but nothing whatsoever to do with my point/reply to the poster who said our players were only civil to him because they were somehow 'scared' - errant nonsense.
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 15:40 - Jan 6 with 1938 viewsMatch82

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 14:10 - Jan 6 by PinnerPaul

Probably very true but nothing whatsoever to do with my point/reply to the poster who said our players were only civil to him because they were somehow 'scared' - errant nonsense.

My point was that Jamie, Clint etc, people who are broadly considered "good guys" on this forum, might well be friendly with Barton. If he's always been nice as pie to them then it's not all that surprising.

But I wouldn't be basing my assessment of Bartons character, and ability to forge relationships with a wide range of individuals (which he'd have to do as a manager with players, management team etc) on what the opinion was of a bunch of people who have "weekly social contact with him"

If I've missed your point because I didn't look at the broader context, then my apologies.
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 15:41 - Jan 6 with 1937 viewsJPC

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 20:32 - Jan 5 by LunarJetman

Still plenty of plums on Twitter calling for him.

Anyone remember Matt Dorian form the old dotorg?

Did he not leave when re-named Datt Moron?
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 16:09 - Jan 6 with 1884 viewsPinnerPaul

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 15:40 - Jan 6 by Match82

My point was that Jamie, Clint etc, people who are broadly considered "good guys" on this forum, might well be friendly with Barton. If he's always been nice as pie to them then it's not all that surprising.

But I wouldn't be basing my assessment of Bartons character, and ability to forge relationships with a wide range of individuals (which he'd have to do as a manager with players, management team etc) on what the opinion was of a bunch of people who have "weekly social contact with him"

If I've missed your point because I didn't look at the broader context, then my apologies.

No need to apologise and again I'm not basing my opinion on what Mackie etc think of him, my point, the broader one is that not everything in life is totally black or white - right or wrong.

Rowan Atkinson gave an interview the other day bemoaning the same thing - this board in general, is pretty good at allowing opposing views, but some will even deny the opposing view exists on many platforms.

Another QPR related topic I have mentioned before, is that the general feeling of most QPR supporters, and mine btw!, was that Hughes was a disaster for us as were the majority of mercenaries he signed who didn't care - Ned in his excellent interview with Clive gave an not only an alternative view but reasons for some of the failures of that time.

My point on Barton, for the final time I promise!, is that given the on going friendships he has with players he played with here, there is a bit more to the usual narrative surrounding him - as with Hughes and lots of others I'm sure.
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 16:46 - Jan 6 with 1836 viewsJuzzie

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 13:57 - Jan 5 by gazza1

“Meanwhile, QPR had sacked Mark Hughes and were being pumped on a weekly basis at the bottom of the Premier League. I was delighted. F*ck you, if you are suffering. It’s your choice.”

The above is exactly what I would be saying.......and so would most professional footballers.

Not his fault that QPR paid him £70k a week.....lovely jubly!! He works for money - just like most of us so if you get offered a good salary you would take it just like Barton did.

???? He ended up at Marseille because he decided to take on the whole Man City team in a game that was so important to us. Then he slags off the club, who are paying him.

He's a cnt.
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 19:36 - Jan 6 with 1734 viewspaulparker

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 11:38 - Jan 5 by Esox_Lucius

The same dickheads who drove Scowen from the club, thought Eze was a lazy & arrogant cünt and made Joe Lumley's life a living hell probably.

The same dickheads who drove Scowen from the Club

Err that would be Warburton who didn’t rate him and got rid

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 20:01 - Jan 6 with 1712 viewsEsox_Lucius

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 19:36 - Jan 6 by paulparker

The same dickheads who drove Scowen from the Club

Err that would be Warburton who didn’t rate him and got rid

I am guessing you don't have a Twitter account.

The grass is always greener.

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 20:06 - Jan 6 with 1697 views2Thomas2Bowles

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 20:01 - Jan 6 by Esox_Lucius

I am guessing you don't have a Twitter account.

Thankfully NO
But I'm guessing you do

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024