Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ted Lasso 15:26 - Jan 7 with 6394 viewsDylanP

Has anyone seen this series? In my family we are having an ongoing discussion whether the football club at the center of the show is a thinly viewed version of QPR.

For those who haven't see it, the show centers around Richmond FC, a London club struggling for survival in the Premiership (sounds like us a few years ago). They have a captain who is a former great player with anger issues (sounds like Joey Barton), a superstar goal scorer with massive ego issues (sounds like Taraabt), who play Man City on the last day of the season and lose to a goal with the last kick of the game (I remember that happening).

Obviously, its fiction, so the details don't match exactly, but there are enough coincidents to amuse us. Plus, the show is funny.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Ted Lasso on 16:10 - Jan 7 with 5296 viewsMelakaRanger

Ive watched the whole series. It was most enjoyable.

But I never saw any suggestion that it was in any way based on QPR.

Looking forward to season 2 as well and Season 3 (which is stated as being the series finale)
Ted Lasso on 18:49 - Jan 7 with 5196 viewsed_83

For what it's worth, the sketch the show's originally based on had Ted managing Spurs:

And they filmed it all at Selhurst Park:

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2020/september/bill-lawrence-of-apple-tvs-ted-lasso-

I reckon any overlaps with QPR are coincidental. We're hardly the first team to have had a moody captain with his best days behind him, or a highly-strung number 10!
Ted Lasso on 14:27 - Apr 20 with 3893 viewsBluce_Ree

Shit f*cking show to be fair. But I'm hate-watching it. Like it's nice and get that it's nice but it's too nice. Like everyone in it. And it's bullshit too. They've resorted to the whole 'she sees a psychic who is literally able to see the future and isn't a con c*nt' plot line. And the fact that Bill Lawrence's big plot point has always been 'we're having a baby' which is what he did in Scrubs and Cougar Town. Like having a baby is the most interesting and dramatic thing that could ever happen.

The actress playing her is 49 which is a bit late to be having a kid.

And how can Ted after like three seasons still not know that Wolves are called Wolves?

It's just shit. And it's not based on us, it all stinks of Palace.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Ted Lasso on 14:41 - Apr 20 with 3829 viewsRs_Holy

Ted Lasso on 18:49 - Jan 7 by ed_83

For what it's worth, the sketch the show's originally based on had Ted managing Spurs:

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2020/september/bill-lawrence-of-apple-tvs-ted-lasso-

I reckon any overlaps with QPR are coincidental. We're hardly the first team to have had a moody captain with his best days behind him, or a highly-strung number 10!

looks like it has absolutely nothing to do with QPR...

Ted Lasso on 15:06 - Apr 20 with 3748 viewscolinallcars

I watched a few episodes on recommendation. Some funny bits but most of it childish.
Love the locations in Richmond, pubs etc, the views from Richmond and Compass hills.
Ted Lasso on 15:13 - Apr 20 with 3712 viewsdaveB

I love the show but don't think it has anything to do with QPR

Roy Kent is obviously based on Roy Keane, the superstar goalscorer is based on Zlatan
Ted Lasso on 15:14 - Apr 20 with 3711 viewscharmr

There an episode where they are talking about playing Sheffield Wednesday on a Wednesday.
Behind Ted is a white board calendar with QPR as a fixture on it.

Funny thing is there a continuity f up because obviously the scenes have re shoots edits etc and Teds still in front of the board but with no QPR on it.

How sad am I
Ted Lasso on 15:17 - Apr 20 with 3691 viewsDavieQPR

Why do people carry on watching shows they hate?
Login to get fewer ads

Ted Lasso on 17:39 - Apr 20 with 3587 viewsBluce_Ree

Ted Lasso on 15:17 - Apr 20 by DavieQPR

Why do people carry on watching shows they hate?

I mean you're a QPR fan, right? You have experience of watching things with no entertainment value that ultimately piss you off.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Ted Lasso on 18:15 - Apr 20 with 3499 viewspaulparker

It’s absolute Sh1t , the missus loves it though and actually finds it funny
I just sit there having wicked thoughts about Hannah Waddlington in her high heels

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ted Lasso on 18:50 - Apr 20 with 3469 viewsE17hoop

The QPR supporting team at Balcony shirts did the shirt printing for series 3:

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Ted Lasso on 20:38 - Apr 20 with 3361 viewsHAMRanger

Ted Lasso on 17:39 - Apr 20 by Bluce_Ree

I mean you're a QPR fan, right? You have experience of watching things with no entertainment value that ultimately piss you off.

Hah, very good point
Ted Lasso on 22:01 - Apr 20 with 3287 viewsMrSheen

Ted Lasso on 14:41 - Apr 20 by Rs_Holy

looks like it has absolutely nothing to do with QPR...

My daughter worked in the Prince’s Head last summer. They didn’t film inside at all, but they had memorabilia and a slow but steady stream of American fans. Quite a few asked for a pint of “London’s Pride”, then grimaced in disgust and left most of it behind.
Ted Lasso on 09:55 - Apr 21 with 3113 viewsTheChef

Ted Lasso on 14:27 - Apr 20 by Bluce_Ree

Shit f*cking show to be fair. But I'm hate-watching it. Like it's nice and get that it's nice but it's too nice. Like everyone in it. And it's bullshit too. They've resorted to the whole 'she sees a psychic who is literally able to see the future and isn't a con c*nt' plot line. And the fact that Bill Lawrence's big plot point has always been 'we're having a baby' which is what he did in Scrubs and Cougar Town. Like having a baby is the most interesting and dramatic thing that could ever happen.

The actress playing her is 49 which is a bit late to be having a kid.

And how can Ted after like three seasons still not know that Wolves are called Wolves?

It's just shit. And it's not based on us, it all stinks of Palace.

Ah hadn't made the Bill Lawrence connection, but at least Scrubs was funny most of the time.

Ted Lasso is incredibly sappy crap - season 1 had its moments, but now we're on season 3 it's clearly jumped the shark.

My wife watches it and will say to me 'it's about football, why don't you like it?'

Thank God Succession is back.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ted Lasso on 10:22 - Apr 21 with 3085 viewsjohnhoop

They lost me in the first series when they proved they know nothing about English culture or football by Ted going on this rant against the saying “it’s the hope that kills you” which as QPR supporters we all know to be indubitably true.
Just take this season as an example and I don’t see how you can possibly deny it. From almost the precise moment that the crowd started singing “We’re Queens Park Rangers, we’re top of the League” in October, the whole season has turned to excrement in front of our eyes.
Ted Lasso on 11:00 - Apr 21 with 3032 viewsBoston

I've not watched the show. Mrs Boston is a fan though, she doesn't understand why I'm not glued to the tv as it's about football and is funny.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ted Lasso on 11:35 - Apr 21 with 3001 viewsSydneyRs

Absolutely love it, great show. The heavily based on Zlatan star player signed in the current series is classic.

Never thought there was any of QPR in it though.
Ted Lasso on 13:45 - Apr 21 with 2909 viewsDTIG

Ted Lasso on 18:49 - Jan 7 by ed_83

It's good honest innocent fun. Was never meant to be a serious look at football or be like an "all or nothing" show.

Anyway, check out series 3, episode 2 " I don't want to go to Chelsea" (who does) between 32:12 and 36:20 minutes.....What changing room is that with blue and white hoops on the wall??????
Ted Lasso on 13:50 - Apr 21 with 2885 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Just watched the first episode.

Feels like a merger between Dream Team and Doctors.
Ted Lasso on 14:06 - Apr 21 with 2857 viewsNW10Hoop

Football Holyoaks
Ted Lasso on 19:47 - Apr 21 with 2695 viewsMick_S

Ted Lasso on 18:50 - Apr 20 by E17hoop

The QPR supporting team at Balcony shirts did the shirt printing for series 3:

Worked with those boys many times a few years back. Good lads.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Ted Lasso on 01:19 - Apr 22 with 2608 viewsSydneyRs

Ted Lasso on 13:45 - Apr 21 by DTIG

It's good honest innocent fun. Was never meant to be a serious look at football or be like an "all or nothing" show.

Anyway, check out series 3, episode 2 " I don't want to go to Chelsea" (who does) between 32:12 and 36:20 minutes.....What changing room is that with blue and white hoops on the wall??????

This. It's meant to be cheesy and corny, not a bloody documentary!
Ted Lasso on 01:39 - Apr 22 with 2592 viewsBoston

Ted Lasso on 01:19 - Apr 22 by SydneyRs

This. It's meant to be cheesy and corny, not a bloody documentary!

What type of cheese though?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ted Lasso on 12:39 - Apr 22 with 2499 viewsSydneyRs

Ted Lasso on 01:39 - Apr 22 by Boston

What type of cheese though?

Whichever one is the cheesiest.
Ted Lasso on 13:00 - Apr 22 with 2469 viewsBklynRanger

Ted Lasso on 12:39 - Apr 22 by SydneyRs

Whichever one is the cheesiest.

Gorgonzola maybe
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024