Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes 22:20 - Feb 8 with 48850 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54177/match-preview-rochdal

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:15 - Feb 9 with 2614 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:13 - Feb 9 by kel

Shame he’s just got a new job

How are you fixed?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:16 - Feb 9 with 2609 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:09 - Feb 9 by 442Dale

That feeling of flatness was something that really stood out in the last twenty minutes or so, we were miles off the pace even though the game was gone.

It seems like their is something wrong. Don't know what though perhaps the psychiatrist can help.

Edited to correct my awful comment sorry 😞
[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 7:23]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:17 - Feb 9 with 2606 viewsSandyman

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:10 - Feb 9 by dingdangblue

Has there been any mention of Beesley's injury? Yes we've been awful at the back these last 2 games but we are desperately missing Beesley's hold up play - for 2 games now we've just seen Bazunu launching the ball forward and no one able to hold it up and we are just constantly under pressure because of it.

Can't play it out from the back.
Can't play it long ball.
Why did the manager allow such a situation to arise and get worse game by game?
It's absolute football basics like this, and defending, his Rochdale AFC team get turned over on time after time after time.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:19 - Feb 9 with 2593 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:15 - Feb 9 by Knowlesy

BBM will have been influenced by Keith as a manager though. He obviously had a great deal of respect for him and believes in that type of football.

Fair point, but Keith was sacked because shit football delivered shit results, and so we've allowed shit football to continue?

Why sack Keith and not change the footballing philosophy?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:24 - Feb 9 with 2531 viewsKnowlesy

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:19 - Feb 9 by judd

Fair point, but Keith was sacked because shit football delivered shit results, and so we've allowed shit football to continue?

Your guess is as good as mine! Clearly the issues run deeper than the manager, but I do think that we could finish mid table comfortably this season if we get someone a bit more experienced in. If the board are getting involved and enforcing this philosophy (not sure if that's what you're alluding to) then if a more experienced manager falls into the job then they might be able to veer away from that path.

If it is the board enforcing that style, though, then they're unlikely to bring someone in who will deviate from that. I guess the proof will be in the pudding with our next manager, whomever and whenever that may be, especially if they come from outside of the club.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:27 - Feb 9 with 2497 views442Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:12 - Feb 9 by judd

It's been almost 4 seasons of flatness, of insipid, pointless football at home under 2 managers. Where is this footballing philosophy coming from? Because it is not one manager, is it?

Unfortunately we then get back to a bigger picture which has been touched upon before, something that’s prevalent throughout football both on and off the pitch. It’s only an opinion, but in the main the game has gone, lost to a world of emphasis on philosophies and see-through words. Words which are designed to impress, yet only serve to point an intelligent eye towards the sand beneath the foundations they want to discuss.

Yes, I’m aware of the irony amongst that load of waffle. Takes you back to that “football people” line, that attitude really does exist and the fan is now forgotten unless they’re tweeting a picture of a new hat they got for Christmas. Sadly, not sure there’s any way back and it’s reflected out on the pitch.

Accrington as a club offer hope, from the boardroom and, much to the chagrin of many, to the pitch. Not everyone has to act like Holt and Coleman to bring the game back to fans and get a better connection, both have their undoubted faults, but you know what? At least they’d bloody admit it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:30 - Feb 9 with 2478 viewsTomRAFC

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:15 - Feb 9 by D_Alien

"Unfortunately for us this time, I don,t see the signs that we have a leader that can metaphorically rally the troops in a great escape"

As per my link higher up this thread, Paul McShane has been taking his coaching badges since 2013 with an eye on management, and there's not much doubt he's capable of organising what must by now be a pretty dispirited bunch of guys, especially defensively

Who knows, that may have been in the back of his mind all along when he joined us - and nothing wrong with that either. With all the Irish lads in the squad, he's even got the right accent...

I'm not saying he should definitely be given the opportunity, but i wouldn't be averse to it happening either. The point has arrived when we've almost got nothing to lose

I've had similar thoughts about McShane. He's definitely the obvious candidate as caretaker if BBM went.

That being said, I'd like to see us bring Paul Cook in if we have the chance.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:33 - Feb 9 with 2447 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:24 - Feb 9 by Knowlesy

Your guess is as good as mine! Clearly the issues run deeper than the manager, but I do think that we could finish mid table comfortably this season if we get someone a bit more experienced in. If the board are getting involved and enforcing this philosophy (not sure if that's what you're alluding to) then if a more experienced manager falls into the job then they might be able to veer away from that path.

If it is the board enforcing that style, though, then they're unlikely to bring someone in who will deviate from that. I guess the proof will be in the pudding with our next manager, whomever and whenever that may be, especially if they come from outside of the club.

I don't know about the board. Ive always, always said that how they keep a professional football club going in this ungrateful town is miraculous and should be forever applauded.

I now feel that the removal of Dunphy and the subsequent re-forming of the board has had an effect that feels to me like a coup has been allowed to happen without challenge and we will suffer for it.

An unemployed man seems to have been the chief beneficiary of sackings, resignations and ineffective playing staff cost cutting.

Fooked off is an under-statement

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:39 - Feb 9 with 2397 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:19 - Feb 9 by judd

I know I'm forbidden from thinking but I think Hill was sacked because he lost the plot not because of results/football. We had 34 points from 35 games when he was sacked which was the same number of points from 35 games in the previous season.
In the season Hill was sacked after 27 games we had 30 points
[Post edited 9 Feb 2021 23:57]

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:47 - Feb 9 with 2355 viewsBillyRudd

"Unfortunately for us this time, I don,t see the signs that we have a leader that can metaphorically rally the troops in a great escape"

As per my link higher up this thread, Paul McShane has been taking his coaching badges since 2013 with an eye on management, and there's not much doubt he's capable of organising what must by now be a pretty dispirited bunch of guys, especially defensively

Who knows, that may have been in the back of his mind all along when he joined us - and nothing wrong with that either. With all the Irish lads in the squad, he's even got the right accent...

I'm not saying he should definitely be given the opportunity, but i wouldn't be averse to it happening either. The point has arrived when we've almost got nothing to lose

What have we got to lose D,Alien? When I wrote leader I was specifically referring to BBM but totally agree, there seems to be at least a possible solution to our defensive woes already in camp.
At the very least you would have thought it was in BBMs interest to turn to him for help.
Apparently one of the signs of a great leader is the ability to delegate. If that is true then my ex boss must have been the greatest leader of all time!
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 00:00 - Feb 10 with 2309 viewsTomRAFC

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:16 - Feb 9 by James1980

It seems like their is something wrong. Don't know what though perhaps the psychiatrist can help.

Edited to correct my awful comment sorry 😞
[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 7:23]

I'm a professional mental health therapist in the NHS. I also provide mental health and sports psychology advice to a Muay Thai gym run by a two time British champion.

The idea that clubs aren't providing psychological support, in case it makes people worse, is untrue. Every club puts a different amount of emphasis on sports psychology and individual mental health support. There are a variety of approaches and a variety of different practitioners. As a club, Dale have been public about the specific format they are using.

I know you enjoy thinking through the possible goings-on behind the scenes, but comments like that can unintentionally discourage people who genuinely need help.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 00:10 - Feb 10 with 2270 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 00:00 - Feb 10 by TomRAFC

I'm a professional mental health therapist in the NHS. I also provide mental health and sports psychology advice to a Muay Thai gym run by a two time British champion.

The idea that clubs aren't providing psychological support, in case it makes people worse, is untrue. Every club puts a different amount of emphasis on sports psychology and individual mental health support. There are a variety of approaches and a variety of different practitioners. As a club, Dale have been public about the specific format they are using.

I know you enjoy thinking through the possible goings-on behind the scenes, but comments like that can unintentionally discourage people who genuinely need help.

No definitely not my intention. Totally agree if anyone needs support in that way it should be readily available and they should feel confident to be able to speak out. Mental health provision in this country needs a lot more investment. I am actually having counselling myself and overthinking is something I am working on.
I am sure all clubs in the league pyramid will have access to counselling/psychology/psychiatry services but not all will have one employed full time. Again if anyone is in need of mental health support they should seek it straight away.
The message coming out of the club is that this squad is one for all all for one, band of brothers that would run through walls for each other. The last 2 games they don't look like they would have run through soggy rice paper.

Edited the post you responded to it was wrong of me to say sorry 😔
[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 7:24]

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 00:37 - Feb 10 with 2211 viewsJimmyRustler

Christ alive that second half performance was pish.

He has to go. Immediately. What’s the point of waiting until the next match? Any sort of win or performance will simply be a red herring in a sequence of AIDS ridden pigeons. Nothing will change until the philosophy changes. I just want us to stop conceding goals, is that too much to ask?
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 00:46 - Feb 10 with 2194 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 00:37 - Feb 10 by JimmyRustler

Christ alive that second half performance was pish.

He has to go. Immediately. What’s the point of waiting until the next match? Any sort of win or performance will simply be a red herring in a sequence of AIDS ridden pigeons. Nothing will change until the philosophy changes. I just want us to stop conceding goals, is that too much to ask?

The problem is the philosophy runs right through the club. The business model is built on that philosophy and staying in league one.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 02:49 - Feb 10 with 2124 viewspioneer

Agree.

Even in the dark days of 73-4 season when we only won one home game in the league we managed to win a couple of cup ties at home.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 08:16 - Feb 10 with 1873 viewsDaleiLama

Just read this thread on twitter. Fully respect Fitzochris for his decision but it's equally an unwelcome development. It feels like we lost twice last night now. This is in no way a dig at or disrespect to you Chris

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 08:31 - Feb 10 with 1819 viewsNorthernDale

If we do not win at Wimbledon on Saturday, BBM position must be seriously be doubt, I don't like managers getting sacked, especially as other people have said 'he is a nice person', but this was and is the perfect opportunity to get points and open a gap from the bottom four.

Saturdays games: Bristol Rovers- Swindon, Northampton - Burton, Oxford - Wigan.

Our remaining fixtures for February: Wimbledon (A), Blackpool (A), Plymouth (H), Northampton (A), Burton (H) - games we must get wins!

Because March is a potential nightmare: Hull (A), Sunderland (A), Shrewsbury (H), Lincoln (A), Peterborough (H), Swindon (H).
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 08:46 - Feb 10 with 1763 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 08:16 - Feb 10 by DaleiLama

Just read this thread on twitter. Fully respect Fitzochris for his decision but it's equally an unwelcome development. It feels like we lost twice last night now. This is in no way a dig at or disrespect to you Chris

There will without doubt be certain folk within the club over the moon with that decision,not least it appears BBMs rather bitter and twisted Mrs.

We as supporters are far worse off without Fitz comments,insights,information etc and for that Chris massive thanks for all you've done and continue to do,top man.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 09:00 - Feb 10 with 1711 viewsSandyman

Many factors go into deciding to dismiss a manager, but I've compared home league records of our managers dismissed mid-season from 2006. Guess who's points gained % is the worst?

Keith Hill sacked March 4 2019. Home league form that season

P17 W4 D3 L10 - 15 points from 51 available. 29.41% of possible home points gained.

John Coleman sacked 21 January 2013. Home league form that season

P14 W4 D4 L6 - 15 points from 42 available. 35.71% of possible home points gained.

Steve Eyre sacked 19 December 2011. Home league form that season

P11 W2 D5 L4 - 10 points from 33 available. 30.30% of possible home points gained.

Steve Parkin sacked 16 December 2006. Home league form that season

P11 W2 D3 L6 - 9 points from 33 available. 27.27% of possible home points gained.

BBM
P14 W1 D6 L7 - 9 points from 42 available. 21.43% of possible home points gained.

All on the great new pitch without Hornets on it as well.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 09:07 - Feb 10 with 1689 viewsgolfaduffy

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 08:46 - Feb 10 by nordenblue

There will without doubt be certain folk within the club over the moon with that decision,not least it appears BBMs rather bitter and twisted Mrs.

We as supporters are far worse off without Fitz comments,insights,information etc and for that Chris massive thanks for all you've done and continue to do,top man.

So very sad that Chris has decided to step back from his excellent and honest reporting.

I hope Fitz realises that he is not actually in dispute with BBM's girlfriend, but with the coup leader at the club. Until supporters actually realise this, we are powerless.

Please reconsider your decision , for the benefit of the fans and the club.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 09:20 - Feb 10 with 1647 viewselectricblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:08 - Feb 9 by RippDale

BBM is a nice guy and I wanted him to be a success but we need a bigger rethink. He has been part of the set up since the debacle at the back end of KH's reign and the same style and poor home form has remained unchanged

The step up to manager/coach is a huge leap without experience.
Ok Hill was a one off.
But what is becoming harder and harder to swallow is the continuous same mistakes season after season with the defence...

Experienced or not its plain to see on every match day, why this issue as not been resolved could be down to many reasons.
Bad coaching.
Bad players.
No leadership at the back.
Constant injured players.

What is plain to see is the prospect of relegation......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 09:25 - Feb 10 with 1616 viewsIOMDale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 08:16 - Feb 10 by DaleiLama

Extremely unwelcome news. Now who's watching the watchmen?

As an aside, a huge thanks to Fitz for all the insight, interviews and exclusives you've shared with us over the past year/eighteen months, it's been hugely appreciated by every single supporter.

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 09:28 - Feb 10 with 1605 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 09:07 - Feb 10 by golfaduffy

So very sad that Chris has decided to step back from his excellent and honest reporting.

I hope Fitz realises that he is not actually in dispute with BBM's girlfriend, but with the coup leader at the club. Until supporters actually realise this, we are powerless.

Please reconsider your decision , for the benefit of the fans and the club.

I'm pretty sure Fitz realises exactly where he is at, and has thought long and hard about this after sleeping on it.

Aspects of where we are heading as a club are starting to feel somewhat like what started to happen at Gigg but without the overspending (on the pitch).

#rudderless

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 09:34 - Feb 10 with 1574 viewselectricblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:30 - Feb 9 by TomRAFC

I've had similar thoughts about McShane. He's definitely the obvious candidate as caretaker if BBM went.

That being said, I'd like to see us bring Paul Cook in if we have the chance.

If McShane as the badges then use him as a player coach with BBM..
Give McShane the authority to do the defensive coaching, cut out the pass across the back 4 etc for a start.....

It cannot be any worse than it is.

Also Riley as to either move on or drop to the youth setup......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 09:36 - Feb 10 with 1565 viewsShun

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 08:46 - Feb 10 by nordenblue

I wouldn't say she's bitter and twisted. She's a new mother who's anxious about her partner losing his job. Clearly she's not a 'football person' but how would you react if all over social media you saw people saying your partner needs to be sacked? I'm not excusing her conduct last night (although she didn't say anything as heinous as is being made out, let's be honest), but let's not castigate her.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024