Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes 22:20 - Feb 8 with 48852 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54177/match-preview-rochdal

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:06 - Feb 9 with 2158 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 20:54 - Feb 9 by James1980

But we know BBM can do that he has done it before. Does he think he has plenty of points to play for before adopting plan B to ensure safety.

James, please, stop over-thinking things.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:07 - Feb 9 with 2143 viewsD_Alien

It could be argued that MK Dons are the epitome of a bang average L1 outfit, neither under threat of relegation or likely to challenge for the playoffs

By that token, we're on borrowed time in L1, unless something changes

If he's not gone before our game at Wimbledon, the word from the boardroom has to be change it or else. If the boardroom aren't prepared to do that, then what?

At the moment, the fans have no direct input into proceedings; what else can we do to try to influence matters?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:08 - Feb 9 with 2133 viewsDalenet

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 20:33 - Feb 9 by finberty

When do next season's season tickets go on sale?

That'll be some ask, expecting folk to cough up well in advance again. Time for change, regrettably.

They aren't daft. No season tickets on sale before July at the earliest. Imagine the embarrassment if they did it sooner. Even Jesus can't fix this
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:08 - Feb 9 with 2128 viewssince58

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 20:31 - Feb 9 by D_Alien

And let's not forget he only had the Reichstag burnt down to be able to build back better

Bet the irish built it.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:08 - Feb 9 with 2118 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:00 - Feb 9 by DaleFan7

We've not lost since 2014 at Wimbledon. I'll give BBM that game, lose there and we need a change.

We won there in 2014, but haven't since.

2016/17: 1-3
2017/18: 0-0
2018/19: 1-1
2019/20: 2-3
[Post edited 9 Feb 2021 21:08]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:08 - Feb 9 with 2111 viewsRippDale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 20:56 - Feb 9 by electricblue

Time for a rethink with the staff.
For me Riley as to go and get an experienced person in to work with BBM and the players..
Learn to defend, become hard to beat by defending as a unit and then progress as a counter attacking team..
A plan B is needed as well.
I would rather see 1pt gained than nothing.....

BBM is a nice guy and I wanted him to be a success but we need a bigger rethink. He has been part of the set up since the debacle at the back end of KH's reign and the same style and poor home form has remained unchanged
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:09 - Feb 9 with 2106 viewsfunkkk

Is null and void an option?
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:09 - Feb 9 with 2089 viewsKnowlesy

Unfortunately it's BBM out for me now. He's a nice guy, he's made some decent signings but if anything that has to start counting against him sooner or later. The board has backed him to bring players in and I think this team is miles better than the last time we went down we have some good players, but the way we play and concede goals is embarrassing. Too many mistakes, the same goals conceded every week.

With 19 games to go, a decent manager would keep us up, but it needs to be soon otherwise time will run out.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:10 - Feb 9 with 2056 viewsSandyDrum

I'm not sure if this is correct but BBM should only have 2 months left on his contract.

Surely it won't be too expensive to terminate his contract. I know money isn't exactly flowing but it shouldn't be that expensive.

I'm not completely saying BBM out, but would it be worth a risk for the last 3 months of the season to bring someone new in?
After tonight, I'm leaning towards yes.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2021 21:11]

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:10 - Feb 9 with 2041 views442Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:05 - Feb 9 by tony_roch975

I would be with a 4-4 result, remember when folk on here slated those type of results and yearned for less gung-ho football....be careful what you wish for

It’s not about gung-ho football or defensive football. It’s making the most of what you have and getting the basics right. We have players who will score goals so the concentration should have been on getting the defending right, which would have had zero impact on those players who will still score goals.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:11 - Feb 9 with 2015 viewsDaleFan7

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:04 - Feb 9 by richfoad32

Huh? We've definitely lost there more recently than that, 3-2 a couple of years ago?

Was looking at it the wrong way. It appears we haven't won there since 2014. Oh Dear.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:14 - Feb 9 with 1919 views442Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:08 - Feb 9 by TVOS1907

We won there in 2014, but haven't since.

2016/17: 1-3
2017/18: 0-0
2018/19: 1-1
2019/20: 2-3
[Post edited 9 Feb 2021 21:08]

Always have to say it: 17/18 remains one of the worst games ever.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:14 - Feb 9 with 1885 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:04 - Feb 9 by richfoad32

Huh? We've definitely lost there more recently than that, 3-2 a couple of years ago?

Maybe he meant at tennis?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:14 - Feb 9 with 1915 viewsSandyman

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:02 - Feb 9 by batfink

What is our home record this season?

Home record 2020/21

Rochdale 0 Sheffield Wednesday 2
Rochdale 0 Portsmouth 0
Rochdale 0 Man Utd U-21 0
Rochdale 2 Fleetwood 1
Rochdale 0 Hull City 3
Rochdale 2 Sunderland 2
Rochdale 1 Bristol Rovers 1
Rochdale 1 Stockport County 2
Rochdale 1 Salford City 2
Rochdale 0 AFC Wimbledon 1
Rochdale 1 Northampton Town 1
Rochdale 0 Lincoln City 2
Rochdale 1 Gillingham 4
Rochdale 3 Crewe Alex. 3
Rochdale 3 Wigan A. 3
Rochdale 3 Oxford U 4
Rochdale 0 Charlton 2
Rochdale 1 MK Dons 4

One win in all 18 home games. 9 points out of a possible 42 in League home games. No home league clean sheet since 20th September 2020. No home win at all since 3rd October 2020.

League home form:

Played 14 Won 1 Drawn 6 Lost 7

"Come and buy a season card for exciting games at the Crown Oil Arena - it gets worse every game!!!".

There's would be some right arguments kicking off amongst fans over recent weeks had we been there. Carry on as we are and what little support we have will just drift away. It's clear BBM and Riley can't sort the home form out. Do the board want to stay in League one or wallow as "poor little Rochdale" again?
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:14 - Feb 9 with 1913 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:11 - Feb 9 by DaleFan7

Was looking at it the wrong way. It appears we haven't won there since 2014. Oh Dear.

But we have finished in the top 2

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:15 - Feb 9 with 1905 viewssince58

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:02 - Feb 9 by batfink

What is our home record this season?

Welcme to the pleasure dome.!!
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:20 - Feb 9 with 1811 viewsTomRAFC

The likes of Roberts and Bazunu can be deceiving at first, they've got class and are capable of moments of brilliance. That's what a "highly regarded young player" is. Sadly, that means they can be useless in 90 minutes of league football but we can't resist telling ourselves there's a good player in there somewhere.

BBM either can't sign experienced players or won't sign experienced players.

BBM either can't coach a different style of defence or won't coach a different style of defence.

It seems like a lot of people, I'm now wondering should he be sacked? And if not, can we really justify offering him a new contract at the moment?

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:25 - Feb 9 with 1692 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:20 - Feb 9 by TomRAFC

The likes of Roberts and Bazunu can be deceiving at first, they've got class and are capable of moments of brilliance. That's what a "highly regarded young player" is. Sadly, that means they can be useless in 90 minutes of league football but we can't resist telling ourselves there's a good player in there somewhere.

BBM either can't coach a different style of defence or won't coach a different style of defence.

It seems like a lot of people, I'm now wondering should he be sacked? And if not, can we really justify offering him a new contract at the moment?

Well we won't need coaching in kick offs. Had fookin loads to take this season.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:26 - Feb 9 with 1684 viewsjfmolyneux

I really like BBM, he seems like a genuine, honest bloke, but I'm done after that performance. Something has to change and sadly I fear it is time.

As others have mentioned we really don't have a bad squad, compared to last time we went down when Akpa Apkro was voted our player of the season, and JK and Tutte were our only other decent players. Remember Ronald Bergkamp? We had some absolute dross that year.
Despite having no left-back to speak of, I think our squad is actually decent, but to me they look confused as to what their jobs are, and completely bereft of confidence. We don't have a grasp of the basics, and football is a very very simple game.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:26 - Feb 9 with 1655 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:14 - Feb 9 by Sandyman

Home record 2020/21

Rochdale 0 Sheffield Wednesday 2
Rochdale 0 Portsmouth 0
Rochdale 0 Man Utd U-21 0
Rochdale 2 Fleetwood 1
Rochdale 0 Hull City 3
Rochdale 2 Sunderland 2
Rochdale 1 Bristol Rovers 1
Rochdale 1 Stockport County 2
Rochdale 1 Salford City 2
Rochdale 0 AFC Wimbledon 1
Rochdale 1 Northampton Town 1
Rochdale 0 Lincoln City 2
Rochdale 1 Gillingham 4
Rochdale 3 Crewe Alex. 3
Rochdale 3 Wigan A. 3
Rochdale 3 Oxford U 4
Rochdale 0 Charlton 2
Rochdale 1 MK Dons 4

One win in all 18 home games. 9 points out of a possible 42 in League home games. No home league clean sheet since 20th September 2020. No home win at all since 3rd October 2020.

League home form:

Played 14 Won 1 Drawn 6 Lost 7

"Come and buy a season card for exciting games at the Crown Oil Arena - it gets worse every game!!!".

There's would be some right arguments kicking off amongst fans over recent weeks had we been there. Carry on as we are and what little support we have will just drift away. It's clear BBM and Riley can't sort the home form out. Do the board want to stay in League one or wallow as "poor little Rochdale" again?

The board had a clearly stated, publicly announced objective, voiced by our CEO - "we wish to remain a well established league one club". Right now that status is hanging by a thread. If I were a board member I'd be wanting to know how exactly that objective will be achieved with the current performance and results and what action plan will be implemented to reverse the trend you've highlighted to ensure the survival of the club - another stated objective

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:26 - Feb 9 with 1668 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:06 - Feb 9 by 442Dale

It should have happened ten games ago once the pattern started to develop. It would then have been reflected in who we brought in.

Surely with the players we have in the squad we could at least try to grind out a run of results even if that is just to go unbeaten for a few games.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2021 21:27]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:32 - Feb 9 with 1551 viewsKnowlesy

Might as well sack him and give the job to McShane for the rest of the season. He apparently provided the tactical masterclass in whatever game he last featured in that turned it around (can't remember what game it was now) and obviously has a bit of bite in him. If we stick we'll go down, might as well roll the dice.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:32 - Feb 9 with 1536 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:20 - Feb 9 by TomRAFC

He signed Lonergan and McShane so he can. Bazunu is a liability now though - he looks like a kid in goal and I can't see where a clean sheet is coming from. He's getting absolutely no protection from his defenders. Every game is a car crash waiting to happen. Hopefully there are some harsh words in the changing room and the players and manager can clear the air - Humphrys certainly will be saying things the way he just ran down the tunnel when subbed - something needs to happen tonight.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:32 - Feb 9 with 1531 views442Dale

Unfair. I can see James’ point although it’s not one that’s easy to agree with now as the evidence is pointing to things not changing.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:36 - Feb 9 with 1453 viewsQuigley_dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:26 - Feb 9 by DaleiLama

The board had a clearly stated, publicly announced objective, voiced by our CEO - "we wish to remain a well established league one club". Right now that status is hanging by a thread. If I were a board member I'd be wanting to know how exactly that objective will be achieved with the current performance and results and what action plan will be implemented to reverse the trend you've highlighted to ensure the survival of the club - another stated objective

The spotlight should definitely be on the board, as well as the manager.

Who sanctioned the risk signings/resignings of so many injury prone players?

Why when it was evident our main priority was to sign a left back in January, did we fail to do so?

Why as a supposedly professional tier 3 football club have we not owned a Goalkeeper or left back being deemed capable to play at our level?

It seems we're more concerned with professionalism off the field, than on it!
[Post edited 9 Feb 2021 21:37]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024