Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ilias Chair 20:38 - Feb 12 with 5952 viewsOldPedro

Interview in the Independent - worth a read

[Post edited 12 Feb 2021 20:47]

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Ilias Chair on 20:43 - Feb 12 with 4742 viewsflynnbo

A very humbling story.
Ilias Chair on 20:53 - Feb 12 with 4691 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lovely.

Thanks, Old Pedro.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ilias Chair on 21:01 - Feb 12 with 4653 viewsdublinr

Very good piece. Thanks for posting.

Ilias Chair on 21:14 - Feb 12 with 4614 viewsqueensparker

Really good interview .He’s clearly a man who has had a hard paper round, and come out of it with the right attitude.
Ilias Chair on 21:35 - Feb 12 with 4572 viewshantssi

Holloway wouldn’t play him because he was unlucky?!
Ilias Chair on 22:11 - Feb 12 with 4477 viewsnix

You'd have to have a heart of stone not to be touched by that article. What an impressive young man. Thanks for posting OldPedro.
Ilias Chair on 22:33 - Feb 12 with 4405 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ilias Chair on 22:11 - Feb 12 by nix

You'd have to have a heart of stone not to be touched by that article. What an impressive young man. Thanks for posting OldPedro.

Nicely worded as ever, Nix.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ilias Chair on 01:26 - Feb 13 with 4170 viewstimcocking

He's a lovely player too. I thought he was brilliant for us in the last match, absolutely embarrassed some of their players. Could scarcely believe his average rating on the LFW forum was under 7.

Anybody who gave him less than a seven last week...bleddy hell, remind me not to offer you a job scouting players any time soon. Go and watch it again.

[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 1:58]
Login to get fewer ads

Ilias Chair on 09:05 - Feb 13 with 3973 viewsngbqpr

Just when I thought I couldn’t love him any more...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Ilias Chair on 09:53 - Feb 13 with 3911 viewsQPRSteve

Ilias Chair on 01:26 - Feb 13 by timcocking

He's a lovely player too. I thought he was brilliant for us in the last match, absolutely embarrassed some of their players. Could scarcely believe his average rating on the LFW forum was under 7.

Anybody who gave him less than a seven last week...bleddy hell, remind me not to offer you a job scouting players any time soon. Go and watch it again.

[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 1:58]

I agree, I thought it was one of his better games for us. IJust needs to add some consistency to his game and not drift in and out of games as he sometimes does. Oh and sort out his corner taking.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 9:54]
Ilias Chair on 11:30 - Feb 13 with 3802 viewsrsonist

Ilias Chair on 21:35 - Feb 12 by hantssi

Holloway wouldn’t play him because he was unlucky?!

Can't find it now but seem to dimly recall Ollie saying something like he plays well but we never win the games. I think he was trying to make a point about individualism and the balance of the team.

If he did say he was unlucky I'd imagine it was a bit of banter that Ilias took the wrong way at the time. But that says something in itself doesn't it.

Comments from the players over the years have never really borne out the general narrative about who fulfilled the remit and who didn't.
Ilias Chair on 11:56 - Feb 13 with 3758 viewsdanehoop

I really enjoyed that article Old Pedro, thanks for posting.

Humbling in many respects, but makes me proud to be a QPR fan as Chair is very much a QPR type player- skilled, determined and an underdog who gives it all.

Clearly well liked within the squad and highly regarded by the club, hope he continues to progress and grow with us for a while longer.

Never knowingly understood

Ilias Chair on 12:33 - Feb 13 with 3688 viewsDorse

Yeah but 'e ain't a pwopah leedah, is' e?

(Crap) joking aside, that is a terrific article and gives a real insight into the person inside the shirt. It's very easy to reduce footballers to a position and set of statistics. It does us good to remember that we only see the barest fraction of the human being that chance has put into a QPR shirt.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ilias Chair on 12:52 - Feb 13 with 3644 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ilias Chair on 13:49 - Feb 13 with 3526 viewsWelsh_Ranger

I echo what has been said prior. I think it massively shows the journey he has been on as a pro and a person and his recovery from setbacks. I also think it adds weight to his statement after signing his new contract recently - some suggested they were hollow words but i think they ring true especially after reading this.
Ilias Chair on 13:51 - Feb 13 with 3516 viewsTacticalR

Nice interview.

I wonder who at the club identified him when Lierse and Fulham weren't interested.

Air hostess clique

Ilias Chair on 14:08 - Feb 13 with 3485 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

It was said before and sneered at, but League 1 Stevenage described him as one of the best players to pull on the shirt.
Ilias Chair on 14:15 - Feb 13 with 3477 viewsEsox_Lucius

Remarkable talent and fortitude. It's hard to believe that it is only a few seasons ago that the U23's featured Manning, Smyth, BOS, Eze, Tilt, Chair and Shodipo all in the same side.

The grass is always greener.

Ilias Chair on 14:20 - Feb 13 with 3468 viewsbosh67

Great article. He's a very talented player with a great head on his shoulders. Keen to learn and for me ever improving. We haven't even begun to see the best of this lad.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ilias Chair on 18:27 - Feb 13 with 3268 viewsBoston

He has been my favourite player for a few years, but recently, gulp, I must confess to enjoying a bit of Dickie. Take that how you want bigots.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ilias Chair on 19:37 - Feb 13 with 3191 viewsdaveB

Ilias Chair on 11:30 - Feb 13 by rsonist

Can't find it now but seem to dimly recall Ollie saying something like he plays well but we never win the games. I think he was trying to make a point about individualism and the balance of the team.

If he did say he was unlucky I'd imagine it was a bit of banter that Ilias took the wrong way at the time. But that says something in itself doesn't it.

Comments from the players over the years have never really borne out the general narrative about who fulfilled the remit and who didn't.

yeah pretty sure Holloway was joking about that as we lost 4-1 to Brentford in his debut and lost a few other games he started that season as well but he clearly rated him.
Ilias Chair on 09:54 - Feb 15 with 2822 viewsfrancisbowles

Nice piece. Thanks for posting, OldPedro.
Ilias Chair on 22:44 - Feb 23 with 2454 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Another article.

https://theathletic.com/2403522/2021/02/23/ilias-chair-from-playing-barefoot-aga
Ilias Chair on 08:15 - Feb 24 with 2206 viewsgazza1

Doing well, comes from a tough background. Seems to be a nice lad. Interesting info about IH leaving him out of the Team.
Ilias Chair on 08:57 - Feb 24 with 2164 views18StoneOfHoop

Ilias Chair on 22:44 - Feb 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

Another article.

https://theathletic.com/2403522/2021/02/23/ilias-chair-from-playing-barefoot-aga

Have you got a non pay wall fade link to the Athletic article,Bazza?

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024