Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done Lou Macari 22:27 - Feb 16 with 2189 viewsnix

Sorry if this is a Spackman but I had no idea that he was involved in running this.

Well done Lou Macari on 22:35 - Feb 16 with 2142 viewsKonk

I’ve read about the work he does before - what a top bloke. Geoff Horsfield has done loads of similar work in the Birmingham area - another great fella (and a complete hero of mine).

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Well done Lou Macari on 23:11 - Feb 16 with 2045 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Thanks Nix. I'd not seen this before. It's looks like a great idea especially the bit about giving homeless people an address.

Needs to be regulated properly though as i'd imagine it could potentially leave people open to exploitation?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Well done Lou Macari on 23:18 - Feb 16 with 2021 viewsnix

Well done Lou Macari on 23:11 - Feb 16 by CliveWilsonSaid

Thanks Nix. I'd not seen this before. It's looks like a great idea especially the bit about giving homeless people an address.

Needs to be regulated properly though as i'd imagine it could potentially leave people open to exploitation?

Yes Clive I agree about having an address. It's something I have to admit I've been lucky enough never having had to think about: I've always had somewhere I can get things sent to, be contacted at. Without it, how can you get a bank account, for instance? So many everyday things most of us take for granted.

Hopefully they're less likely to be exploited when they're in a proper community than being vulnerable on the streets.
Well done Lou Macari on 23:21 - Feb 16 with 2018 viewsBoston

He's a very busy man.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Well done Lou Macari on 23:24 - Feb 16 with 2012 viewsManinBlack

Didn't he score a last minute winner against us in the FA cup at Old Trafford in 1977? They went on to beat Liverpool in the final.

I guess it is about time I forgave him after all this time for his current good deeds.
Well done Lou Macari on 07:12 - Feb 17 with 1831 viewsThe_Beast1976

Well done Lou Macari on 22:35 - Feb 16 by Konk

I’ve read about the work he does before - what a top bloke. Geoff Horsfield has done loads of similar work in the Birmingham area - another great fella (and a complete hero of mine).

Geoff Horsfield is best mates with a fella I used to work for back in the early 00s. Met him numerous times. Lovely bloke and, as you say, does a lot of stuff for charity.

Good stuff from Macari
Well done Lou Macari on 07:43 - Feb 17 with 1783 viewsstevec

What a simple but brilliant idea.

What bothers me is how many civil servants, councillors, and the like taking a wage to handle these societal issues and yet it has to take an ex footballer to come up with something as magnificent as this.
Well done Lou Macari on 08:12 - Feb 17 with 1736 viewsKonk

Well done Lou Macari on 07:12 - Feb 17 by The_Beast1976

Geoff Horsfield is best mates with a fella I used to work for back in the early 00s. Met him numerous times. Lovely bloke and, as you say, does a lot of stuff for charity.

Good stuff from Macari

That's great to hear. Horsfield seems like a really decent, down to earth bloke, and he was excellent for us too. Very popular at every club he played.

Stevec - I'm not sure who has responsibility for providing shelter for people sleeping on the streets - whether it's Central or Local government, but it often seems to be local campaigners, like Macari, who come up with these innovative ideas. There's a site near me, where a local restaurant owner has managed to get the use of an empty plot, a load of shipping containers, and then had local trades working for free to convert them into mini-studios. The project is also supported by donations from locals. Properly inspiring.

Login to get fewer ads

Well done Lou Macari on 08:20 - Feb 17 with 1722 viewsMrSheen

Well done Lou Macari on 23:24 - Feb 16 by ManinBlack

Didn't he score a last minute winner against us in the FA cup at Old Trafford in 1977? They went on to beat Liverpool in the final.

I guess it is about time I forgave him after all this time for his current good deeds.

Not to mention selling us Mike Sheron.
Well done Lou Macari on 08:46 - Feb 17 with 1673 viewsnix

Well done Lou Macari on 08:12 - Feb 17 by Konk

That's great to hear. Horsfield seems like a really decent, down to earth bloke, and he was excellent for us too. Very popular at every club he played.

Stevec - I'm not sure who has responsibility for providing shelter for people sleeping on the streets - whether it's Central or Local government, but it often seems to be local campaigners, like Macari, who come up with these innovative ideas. There's a site near me, where a local restaurant owner has managed to get the use of an empty plot, a load of shipping containers, and then had local trades working for free to convert them into mini-studios. The project is also supported by donations from locals. Properly inspiring.

It is inspiring Konk.

When I think of people I know in organisations and in my own life though, the most effective, creative and hardworking don't tend to be those who reach the top in companies or public life. They are often very good at self promotion or talking a good talk. But the really inspirational ones are those running the local kids football in their spare time or doing the school fete. They work really hard, somehow influence people to give up their time for free without resentment, turn nothing into something, while also bringing up several children, holding down a job and baking for the baked goods stall or being a school governor.
Well done Lou Macari on 08:48 - Feb 17 with 1665 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well done Lou Macari on 08:20 - Feb 17 by MrSheen

Not to mention selling us Mike Sheron.

Ya, that was inspiring. He really helped Sheron out there.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Well done Lou Macari on 10:12 - Feb 17 with 1538 viewsPhildo

A mate of mine manages a big chain of charity shops in Ireland and like here they have been shut as non essential retail. He makes the point a lot of homeless people rely on charity shops for clothes etc and they cannot do online ordering for example so it is hitting the poorest hardest.
Well done Lou Macari on 10:24 - Feb 17 with 1510 viewsNorthernr

Quietly places a small bet on what's going to happen to this thread...
Well done Lou Macari on 10:31 - Feb 17 with 1480 viewsEsox_Lucius

Well done Lou Macari on 10:24 - Feb 17 by Northernr

I hope not. This is one of the few beams of light in a shitty year and there are plenty of other threads for point scoring.

The grass is always greener.

Well done Lou Macari on 10:32 - Feb 17 with 1473 viewsbosh67

Macari is a top man. The kind we should get in if we lose tonight!

Hope this helps, Clive?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Well done Lou Macari on 10:33 - Feb 17 with 1470 views81A

Macari comes out well in Marvellous too. Presumably events and dialogue were dramatised to make the film work, but Neil Baldwin verifies that it was Macari who gave him a chance and helped him.
Well done Lou Macari on 10:37 - Feb 17 with 1452 viewsizlingtonhoop

It's you that brought up betting...
🤫
Well done Lou Macari on 10:49 - Feb 17 with 1421 viewsenfieldargh

Well done Lou Macari on 08:12 - Feb 17 by Konk

Have you listened to the Undr THe Cosh episode with Geoff Horsfield? Brilliant and really funny.

Talks about his work in Barnsley area with unemployed labourers

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Well done Lou Macari on 10:50 - Feb 17 with 1416 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Great initiative. So simple too.

They have done similar in Germany

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/amp/55778733
Well done Lou Macari on 10:51 - Feb 17 with 1411 viewsloftboy

Well done Lou Macari on 23:21 - Feb 16 by Boston

He's a very busy man.

One of the best chippys I’ve been in.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Well done Lou Macari on 10:57 - Feb 17 with 1393 viewsKonk

Well done Lou Macari on 10:49 - Feb 17 by enfieldargh

Have you listened to the Undr THe Cosh episode with Geoff Horsfield? Brilliant and really funny.

Talks about his work in Barnsley area with unemployed labourers

Yeah, I have thanks, mate. He really is a top bloke. We signed him from Halifax, and before that he was working as a brickie in Barnsley, so he's grown-up in the real world. He was a hard bast ard as a player, but a really decent footballer too. Absolutely loved the Horse when he was playing for us - scored some great goals.

Well done Lou Macari on 11:19 - Feb 17 with 1335 viewsnix

I didn't mean to be party political. I think it cuts across all the political spectrum. Hopefully it won't turn into the usual bunfight. Fingers crossed so far. 🤞🏼
Well done Lou Macari on 11:28 - Feb 17 with 1319 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well done Lou Macari on 10:51 - Feb 17 by loftboy

One of the best chippys I’ve been in.

I don't really like Chippys.

There! I've said it!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Well done Lou Macari on 11:31 - Feb 17 with 1311 viewsNoelmc

It's great to hear of an ex-player giving back to the community like this.

Just imagine how proud we would all be if he was an ex-R.

Well done Lou Macari.
Well done Lou Macari on 13:35 - Feb 17 with 1203 viewsnumptydumpty

Saw this on news last night - wasn't listening to all the narrative due to lady friend talking nonsense , and when was watching it assumed it was Gary Mabbutt ie thought that was what he may look like now.

Dont know why I thought that - maybe bad eyesight !!!!

Good on Macari for doing this - very important work indeed...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024