Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we could ? 14:29 - Mar 5 with 2388 viewsdutch

Would you want us to play the Barnsley way tomorrow? Not saying it would definitely work, but if Warbs had a Damascene conversion having watched that sht show the other night would you be happy if we suddenly started playing hoof up to ten men around the ball and rush goalie, with three subs at half time at Bristol ?
If we could ? on 14:35 - Mar 5 with 1941 viewsTheChef

That game seems to have had a profound impact on you.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

If we could ? on 14:38 - Mar 5 with 1937 viewsdutch

If we could ? on 14:35 - Mar 5 by TheChef

That game seems to have had a profound impact on you.

It has, shocked me to the core. Just amazed that so many people admired them, therefor maybe we should emulate them.
If we could ? on 14:46 - Mar 5 with 1919 viewsPinnerPaul

and I thought the obsession with Manning was a bit odd................................
If we could ? on 14:52 - Mar 5 with 1900 viewsfrancisbowles

If we could ? on 14:38 - Mar 5 by dutch

It has, shocked me to the core. Just amazed that so many people admired them, therefor maybe we should emulate them.

I'm really not sure. I think I would have to watch three or four matches like that before I decided.

It reminded me of playground football with all the bunching and long clearances. I'm not sure the ball touched the ground in their half of the field so they can all play forward volleys. There was also a lot of head tennis at times. The rush goalie was very effective, if not a thing of beauty. He certainly cleared his lines.

However, although not very 'pure', there was much to admire about it. Mowat and most of the forward players have plenty of skill and the complete team is young, fit and athletic. I do hope that MW and the coaching staff will study it and try and assimilate some of it into our play and our future recruitment plans.

It would be interesting to now how that supercharged high energy performance compares to the other matches and whether they can repeat it every three days.
If we could ? on 15:07 - Mar 5 with 1854 viewsdavman

Interesting perspective.

Here's another. Technically, their players were (generally) superior to ours. Their touch, their short passing and their intelligent runs were there to be seen. Add in their better fitness and energy levels.

So, if we get to play that way with our lot, no chance. However, if we got to play the way Warbs got us playing last season with their players. Yes please.

I felt that we were a hell of a lot more hoofball than they were, especially in the second half when we were chasing the game.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

If we could ? on 17:26 - Mar 5 with 1760 viewsgazza1

I am really only interested in 3 points.....couldn't care less how we played.
If we could ? on 17:35 - Mar 5 with 1741 viewsbosh67

Someone pointed out that Barnsley played a little like we did under Warnock. I think that was a pretty good observation.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

If we could ? on 17:47 - Mar 5 with 1703 viewsjohnhoop

If we could ? on 17:35 - Mar 5 by bosh67

Someone pointed out that Barnsley played a little like we did under Warnock. I think that was a pretty good observation.

If that was true Ale Faurlin would ave been a spectator. And he wasn't.
Login to get fewer ads

If we could ? on 17:48 - Mar 5 with 1700 viewsNorthernr

Yes.

Are we really playing that much of a better style? Are they really so terrible? Are we that much more watchable? Are our games enjoyable? I've found most of this season a fcking ballache. Sitting here night after night feeling like sht, unable to sleep, utterly miserable, after slipping to pathetic defeats against Preston, Birmingham, Swansea, Reading, Huddersfield, Blackburn... Trying to bring words to mind to sum up utterly mind numbing games against Wycombe, Millwall, Preston, Boro, Birmingham.

I'd take 15 wins from 25 games and eighth place if it was fired out of a wheeled cannon. And I think you're exagerating just how far towards that they are (as I am probably exagerting just how far away from that I think they are).
If we could ? on 17:49 - Mar 5 with 1697 viewsNorthernr

If we could ? on 17:47 - Mar 5 by johnhoop

If that was true Ale Faurlin would ave been a spectator. And he wasn't.

Best player on the pitch in the week was Mowatt, playing Faurlin's position.
If we could ? on 18:05 - Mar 5 with 1679 viewsdutch

If we could ? on 17:26 - Mar 5 by gazza1

I am really only interested in 3 points.....couldn't care less how we played.

But winning or loosing is now largely irrelevant, we aint going up or down and haven't been in living memory. How we play is all that actually matters.
If we could ? on 18:13 - Mar 5 with 1659 viewsBrianMcCarthy

If we could ? on 17:49 - Mar 5 by Northernr

Best player on the pitch in the week was Mowatt, playing Faurlin's position.

My MOTM too, but even he only completed 27 out of 64 passes. There! I got a load of words put them together and threw in some numbers!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

If we could ? on 18:16 - Mar 5 with 1642 viewsdutch

If we could ? on 18:13 - Mar 5 by BrianMcCarthy

My MOTM too, but even he only completed 27 out of 64 passes. There! I got a load of words put them together and threw in some numbers!

As an old timer I still have a romantic notion of QPR as a free flowing, football playing side and football as a game where you pass to your own team as often as possible.
If we could ? on 18:17 - Mar 5 with 1638 viewsLongsufferingR

People will work out how to combat it soon enough and they will be back in the lower reaches. As for watching it regularly, no thanks. Not sure how you attract decent prospects to the club while showing them that style of football as an example.
If we could ? on 18:27 - Mar 5 with 1620 viewsBrianMcCarthy

If we could ? on 18:16 - Mar 5 by dutch

As an old timer I still have a romantic notion of QPR as a free flowing, football playing side and football as a game where you pass to your own team as often as possible.

I'm with you dutchie baby. I'm with you.

Put the gun down. Put it down. No-one needs to die.

If we could ? on 18:30 - Mar 5 with 1607 viewsdaveB

We don't have the players to play that way which we showed by trying to match them the other night so I'd rather we didn't. That doesn't mean they are wrong to do it, they have found a way to get the best out of their squad and good luck to them, it worked well and was impressive.
If we could ? on 18:38 - Mar 5 with 1577 viewsnix

I think a lot depends on whether we score. Even on Wednesday we did some nice moves but because they CTN (™️ Brian McCarthy) we just felt less up about our play. Actually though we had the same number of shots and only one fewer on target than Barnsley. Their first and second goals were down to set pieces, so not glorious flowing moves, and it was only down to us pushing up that they got the third. It's frustrating but that's where we are. And it's not always the same players that are missing, either. Even Charlie's missed a few decent chances, as has Kane, Johansen as well as our strikers.

I'd like us to play how we play but be more clinical.
If we could ? on 18:47 - Mar 5 with 1558 viewsstevec

If we could, yes, but we can’t with this squad, it would require a total remodelling.

Barnsley’s game is largely a young mans game. If we played that way it would save us paying out sums we can’t afford on so many older pros, something I think should go down well with many amongst the LFW support base.

Our philosophy over the last six seasons isn’t working, we are no nearer success than when we started it. This is a club that hasn’t even sorted out it’s training ground yet, has no idea how well move out of LR, but carries on with the same agenda year on year.

I can’t see any radical change coming from the entrenched vested interests running the club, it’s all got too comfortable.
If we could ? on 19:41 - Mar 5 with 1487 viewsMatch82

If we could ? on 14:38 - Mar 5 by dutch

This does seem to be splitting opinion. I actually love the way we've been playing the last couple of years, wouldn't change it. So I'd prefer to watch our normal style of game, but I did find that very entertaining and a refreshing change of pace. Would it be the same if I watched every week, not sure.
If we could ? on 19:53 - Mar 5 with 1475 viewsozexile

If we could ? on 19:41 - Mar 5 by Match82

This does seem to be splitting opinion. I actually love the way we've been playing the last couple of years, wouldn't change it. So I'd prefer to watch our normal style of game, but I did find that very entertaining and a refreshing change of pace. Would it be the same if I watched every week, not sure.

We're really starting to sound like Brentford fans. The reason football is the most popular sport in the world is that there is no right way or wrong way. Just win or lose. Good luck to Barnsley. If we're so good we should have been able to defend against it.
If we could ? on 21:22 - Mar 5 with 1388 viewsgazza1

If we could ? on 18:05 - Mar 5 by dutch

But winning or loosing is now largely irrelevant, we aint going up or down and haven't been in living memory. How we play is all that actually matters.

Winning or loosing irrelevant.....it may be to you but I am quite depressed and miserable and not the best of persons when we loose when I expect to win or we should have won. Sadly, in this league against some of these teams/players I expect us to win very often and a lot more than we do.
If we could ? on 21:23 - Mar 5 with 1386 viewshantssi

If we could ? on 18:16 - Mar 5 by dutch

I’d love to see us playing that “pure” football we all think we remember, however, we’ve probably only played like that for a few seasons in the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and early ‘90’s the rest has been utter dross!
We’re beginning to sound like West Ham fans with their Academy of Football and “we won the World Cup”, it’s all bollocks really and it’s winning that counts and IF it looks good whilst doing it then all the better.
If we could ? on 09:35 - Mar 6 with 1250 viewsdenhamhoop2

I thought they played quite a bit like Wimbledon circa 93-95 or Palace under Coppell lots and lots of energy all about stopping the opposition from having time on the ball.
With our team there is no way on earth we could play like it to many older citizens in our team for that.
Think it will only carry you so far and the rush keeper will catch them out at some point and to be fair QPR did actually create more chances than they have for quite a while so it does leave you vulnerable defensively
If we could ? on 11:32 - Mar 6 with 1200 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Looking at their run-in, they look certainties for the play-offs and could even go up automatically. Would I take that over finishing in the lower half of the table every year?

Like Clive, I don't think our 'style' is anything to write home about anyway. We looked a lot more graceful last season because we had Eze.
If we could ? on 16:59 - Mar 6 with 1118 viewsBrianMcCarthy

So much nicer when we play nice football.

Really enjoyed today.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024