Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread 14:09 - Apr 4 with 23461 viewsDorse

Currently, the UN recognises 195 countries, with a world population of 7.8 billion, representing thousands of different cultures, traditions and languages. Our differences are many, however, there is one thing that unites the entire human race: the fact that Nottingham Forest's squad contains at least one representative of each of the world's nations. Like some latter day Noah's ark, Forest has chosen to gather two of every culture, preserving the essence of humanity in case of cataclysm.

Can QPR's rag tag collection of waifs, strays and Dom Ball make any impact on this cast of thousands?

Definitely. 2-0 Rangers.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:42 - Apr 5 with 2002 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:41 - Apr 5 by karl

Yes, don't have to give the free kick, more often it's when the keeper gathers the ball and it's just played on with possession 👍

I don't think in a lifetime of football i've ever seen it!
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:45 - Apr 5 with 1876 viewsdenhamhoop2

Stroud just getting into his flow missing obvious fouls
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:45 - Apr 5 with 1875 viewsHantsR

I'd like Field to be closer to Johansen as stefan isn't able to make as much space as usual.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:45 - Apr 5 with 1857 viewsMalintabuk

Did Charlie just stand on the lad?
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:46 - Apr 5 with 1811 viewsVancouverHoop

Oh dear Bubububarbet!
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:46 - Apr 5 with 1788 viewskarl

Great ball from Barbet, maybe that's the attacking option down the left, leave Wallace to sit and Barbet can do the overlap.
We're close to clicking I think. Probably sit tight now this half but hopefully get a couple of things sorted at half time.
2nd game in 3 days on a big pitch against a team who sit in with a high line, can see why we're feeling our way into the game.

That is a shit goal to concede after saying all those things and wastes a half of safe football.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:46 - Apr 5 with 1779 viewsHantsR

Surely a foul on Barbet?
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:46 - Apr 5 with 1764 viewsMalintabuk

Buggar
Login to get fewer ads

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:46 - Apr 5 with 1717 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:46 - Apr 5 by HantsR

Surely a foul on Barbet?

Ya, he was pulled back, I thought.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:47 - Apr 5 with 1699 viewsdenhamhoop2

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:46 - Apr 5 by HantsR

Surely a foul on Barbet?

No he day dreams and gets robbed awful defending just clear the f****** ball
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:47 - Apr 5 with 1697 viewsTacticalR

What the hell was that?

Air hostess clique

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:47 - Apr 5 with 1694 viewsQPRSteve

Looked like a pull on Barbet's arm to me.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:47 - Apr 5 with 1611 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Surely a foul on Barbet?

Absolutely right. He makes a mistake but it’s a blatant pull.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:47 - Apr 5 with 1571 viewsjoolsyp

Surely a foul on Barbet?

Yep, Ameobi definitely pulled him back. But Barbet should have got rid.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:47 - Apr 5 with 1572 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:47 - Apr 5 by denhamhoop2

No he day dreams and gets robbed awful defending just clear the f****** ball

Agreed - poor defending, but he was pulled back as well I think.

HT.

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:48 - Apr 5 with 1541 viewsBklynRanger

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:46 - Apr 5 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, he was pulled back, I thought.

Me too. Ended up looking like a mutual thing but only because the initial pull back was ignored. Thought Barbet had been playing really well up till then. Fcuk.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:48 - Apr 5 with 1516 viewsQPRSteve

Trust Stroud not to see it.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:48 - Apr 5 with 1473 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Very annoying. Thought we were doing quite well apart from that.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:49 - Apr 5 with 1425 viewseastside_r

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:45 - Apr 5 by Malintabuk

Did Charlie just stand on the lad?

That’s what I thought.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:49 - Apr 5 with 1406 viewsNoelmc

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:47 - Apr 5 by QPRSteve

Looked like a pull on Barbet's arm to me.

Probably 50/50 whether the ref gives that. But surely don’t take the chance, just clear it.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 15:50]
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:50 - Apr 5 with 1378 viewsGreenbay

HT REPORT
Let's remember why we don't seem as good today as Friday.
Coventry were awful and we had so much time against them.
Field is in a new position this afternoon at centre-back but doing well - presumably that Cameron is injured and de Wijs definitely so.
But playing at centre-back weakens our midfield.
Forest are so much better than Coventry.
Their goal was down to a big Barbet error although they we much more threatening throughout the first half.
But what has been maintained is our energy and our closing of space.
And we've had chances - Johansen and Charlie both useful opportunities.
We can now throw caution to the wind in the second half and with more pace go for it.
Nothing to lose.
We can still get something out of this.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:51 - Apr 5 with 1323 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Poor half from us.

The back line look to be playing as individuals. Disjointed.
JoJo off form and Ball looks rusty and we're struggling to get the ball through their midfield.
Up front, only Chair is playing with any urgency. Austin poor again.

10 shots to 3 in their favour.

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:51 - Apr 5 with 1310 viewsMalintabuk

That was such a poor decision by Barbet and it did look as though he was pulled but should never had been put in that position to loose it
So a pretty non descript 1st half and both teams poor and it took a mistake for either side to score.
Though the back 3 as worked for us in recent games I think we need to look at going for a flat back 4 2nd half.
Brian was spot on with Field now in a 3 Johansen is playing deeper and it is just not ticking.
Perhaps go to a flat 4 and move Field in the holding CM. Push Johansen up and replace Ball with perhaps Uncle in a sort of 4-1-4-1.
Think we need to do something
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:52 - Apr 5 with 1301 viewsnadera78

Surely a foul on Barbet?

Maybe I'm old fashioned but he's a 6ft2 centre back, if he can't deal with someone tugging his hand he shouldn't be playing the game.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:52 - Apr 5 with 1298 viewseastside_r

Come on Mark. Surprise me with a HT tactical substitution or two.

Don’t really deserve to be behind but have offered little going forward.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024