Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ALBERT 11:55 - Apr 17 with 3155 viewsgazza1

So people have their way, he starts today, presumable at RWB unless we are reverting to 4 across the back. I think he probably deserves his chance - I hope he takes it.
ALBERT on 12:06 - Apr 17 with 2679 viewseastside_r

Out of interest- do you rate him?
ALBERT on 12:12 - Apr 17 with 2652 viewsgazza1

ALBERT on 12:06 - Apr 17 by eastside_r

Out of interest- do you rate him?

I need to see him start and play more before I make a judgement - he deserves that chance and I hope he plays well.

Not bad, done some good stuff but no overly convinced yet. I am interested in where he will play in what formation.
ALBERT on 12:13 - Apr 17 with 2643 viewsbosh67

He’s a class player.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

ALBERT on 12:16 - Apr 17 with 2626 viewsgazza1

ALBERT on 12:13 - Apr 17 by bosh67

He’s a class player.

Hope you are right Bosh.....puts a few deliveries in from the right for Dykes to score
ALBERT on 12:44 - Apr 17 with 2569 viewsozexile

He's a quality player, but he's no Right Wing Back IMO.
ALBERT on 12:58 - Apr 17 with 2547 viewsParkRoyalR

Hoping Albert's skill + composure compliments and provides an outlet for Kakay who has pace + aggression, but just needs to calm down a little at times, so hopefully simple ball to Adomah today will help Kakay's game, and Albert can show his quality in final 3rd too.
ALBERT on 15:37 - Apr 17 with 2326 viewssimmo

ALBERT on 12:12 - Apr 17 by gazza1

I need to see him start and play more before I make a judgement - he deserves that chance and I hope he plays well.

Not bad, done some good stuff but no overly convinced yet. I am interested in where he will play in what formation.

If he was good enough he'd be starting eh

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

ALBERT on 16:44 - Apr 17 with 2191 viewsgazza1

ALBERT on 15:37 - Apr 17 by simmo

If he was good enough he'd be starting eh

He did OK today, nothing special. Think he lost the Middlesboro man for their goal.
Login to get fewer ads

ALBERT on 17:13 - Apr 17 with 2093 viewsRangersw12

I thought he gave us an attacking outlet in the first 20 mins and I would certainly start him for the last 4 games

Lost his man for their goal and probably can't last 90 mins anymore but I still like him and best crosser at the club
ALBERT on 17:27 - Apr 17 with 2067 viewskarl

Overall I think he improved us as a team.
My thought on losing his player for the goal, in game time I thought Dickie should have been more central but seeing replays he was covering front post area as Barbet had to challenge further out since Dykes had mistimed a challenge and the winger had a free run on the right.
That said it was the left winger who came in and scored the goal unchallenged but I would say he should have been passed onto Kakay, who wasn't picking anyone up if I recall, I wouldn't want the RWB charging into our box as the obvious clearing ball out from there would have been a high header diagonally out into his area.
Blame on Albert would be not letting defence know that he was coming into the box, over Kakay he is the senior player and needs to help him through the game
ALBERT on 17:55 - Apr 17 with 1981 viewsdaveB

I thought he did quite well in the first half, would like to see more of him in that role
ALBERT on 21:38 - Apr 17 with 1696 viewsgazza1

ALBERT on 17:27 - Apr 17 by karl

Overall I think he improved us as a team.
My thought on losing his player for the goal, in game time I thought Dickie should have been more central but seeing replays he was covering front post area as Barbet had to challenge further out since Dykes had mistimed a challenge and the winger had a free run on the right.
That said it was the left winger who came in and scored the goal unchallenged but I would say he should have been passed onto Kakay, who wasn't picking anyone up if I recall, I wouldn't want the RWB charging into our box as the obvious clearing ball out from there would have been a high header diagonally out into his area.
Blame on Albert would be not letting defence know that he was coming into the box, over Kakay he is the senior player and needs to help him through the game

WTF is that all about......was it Alberts man to mark on not?? If it wasn't then who should have marked him??
ALBERT on 21:49 - Apr 17 with 1658 viewsplasmahoop

ALBERT on 21:38 - Apr 17 by gazza1

WTF is that all about......was it Alberts man to mark on not?? If it wasn't then who should have marked him??

F'd if i know, but hes a winger or a forward. Could probably play in the willock/chair role, but hes going to make a few mistakes defensively as a wing back i reckon
ALBERT on 00:03 - Apr 18 with 1526 viewsMyke

Clearly what Karl is saying is that he felt that Kakay should have picked up Bolaise's run, but that Adomah should have told Kakay to deal with it.
ALBERT on 00:19 - Apr 18 with 1500 viewskarl

You can't have players charging all over the place as defenders, yes Albert was picking up Bolasie in his RWB zone but if he went blindly with him to the penalty spot the whole defensive shape has gone, Kakay is CB so his responsibility is the centre and Albert takes care of the wide area.
Did Albert let Kakay know Bolasie was coming onto him and was free, only they know?
I haven't seen a team defending man to man like you've said for a long time, forwards move across the line a lot to try and out do this system and don't forget Warnock picked a team without a recognised striker meaning he would have intended his wide men to move like this, there's no way MW was wanting Wallace or Albert on the penalty spot.
Anyway calm down its only amateurs giving their opinions on what happened, leave you frustration for the pros who let you down!
ALBERT on 08:00 - Apr 18 with 1287 viewsgazza1

ALBERT on 00:19 - Apr 18 by karl

You can't have players charging all over the place as defenders, yes Albert was picking up Bolasie in his RWB zone but if he went blindly with him to the penalty spot the whole defensive shape has gone, Kakay is CB so his responsibility is the centre and Albert takes care of the wide area.
Did Albert let Kakay know Bolasie was coming onto him and was free, only they know?
I haven't seen a team defending man to man like you've said for a long time, forwards move across the line a lot to try and out do this system and don't forget Warnock picked a team without a recognised striker meaning he would have intended his wide men to move like this, there's no way MW was wanting Wallace or Albert on the penalty spot.
Anyway calm down its only amateurs giving their opinions on what happened, leave you frustration for the pros who let you down!

You can think what you will Karl.....but he should have kept with his man, he didnt, they scored!!! Fact.
ALBERT on 09:01 - Apr 18 with 1205 viewsnix

Looked to me like Kakay was originally marking the man that scored but then Wallace lost his player who was running across the goal line. Kakay then tried to pick up the player making the run but the ball didn't go to him, as might be expected but to the guy in the middle who was as a result left unmarked. What we don't know is if they're supposed to stay with the player they're marking no matter what...
ALBERT on 09:21 - Apr 18 with 1161 viewsgazza1

ALBERT on 09:01 - Apr 18 by nix

Looked to me like Kakay was originally marking the man that scored but then Wallace lost his player who was running across the goal line. Kakay then tried to pick up the player making the run but the ball didn't go to him, as might be expected but to the guy in the middle who was as a result left unmarked. What we don't know is if they're supposed to stay with the player they're marking no matter what...

I will look again at video's but passing players in tight areas will be problematic........they need to be 'touch tight'.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2021 9:21]
ALBERT on 09:24 - Apr 18 with 1147 viewseastside_r

Can we sum this up as - still looks good going forward, probably not much of a defender.
ALBERT on 09:29 - Apr 18 with 1123 viewsgazza1

ALBERT on 09:01 - Apr 18 by nix

It is clear that Albert was 'ball watching' and he left Bolasie to head home unmarked. Wallace (not Kakay) had his own man - Whatmore.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2021 13:46]
ALBERT on 09:52 - Apr 18 with 1075 viewshantssi

ALBERT on 08:00 - Apr 18 by gazza1

You can think what you will Karl.....but he should have kept with his man, he didnt, they scored!!! Fact.

Thing is in modern football they don’t man mark anymore, they “pass” them on to someone else and keep in their own “zone”.
I’ve watched it and can’t make out why he’s totally on his own and who was supposed to be picking him up.
Mind you if Chaz had got that much space we’d be waxing lyrical as to how he’s just got that strikers natural habit of “finding space”!
[Post edited 18 Apr 2021 10:09]
ALBERT on 10:03 - Apr 18 with 1050 viewsfrancisbowles

I think it's one they will learn from. I felt Lyndon was a bit naive initially and charged into a 'challenge' got wrong footed and hence the danger started. After that it could be down to lack of communication as Dickie, Kakay and Adomah all playing in relatively new positions.

It was a great header though that finally beat the defence.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2021 10:04]
ALBERT on 12:37 - Apr 18 with 907 viewsgazza1

ALBERT on 09:52 - Apr 18 by hantssi

Thing is in modern football they don’t man mark anymore, they “pass” them on to someone else and keep in their own “zone”.
I’ve watched it and can’t make out why he’s totally on his own and who was supposed to be picking him up.
Mind you if Chaz had got that much space we’d be waxing lyrical as to how he’s just got that strikers natural habit of “finding space”!
[Post edited 18 Apr 2021 10:09]

'Thing is in modern football they don’t man mark anymore, they “pass” them on to someone else and keep in their own “zone”.'

That statement is absolute nonsense
ALBERT on 12:49 - Apr 18 with 869 viewsdanehoop

Opinion. Not fact.

Never knowingly understood

ALBERT on 12:52 - Apr 18 with 858 viewsgazza1

ALBERT on 12:49 - Apr 18 by danehoop

Opinion. Not fact.

It is factually wrong......fact
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024